What am I doing wrong?

JoZi15

Good afternoon Community!

I just finished an interview with a prospective client + asked the Horary if I would get the consulting contract (7th House Ruler) + this is the 5th Horary Chart that has been void because of the chart ruler.

Five in a row? What does that mean? Could I be doing something wrong? Up until this year, Horaries have been radical. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thank you!

In Community,
Jozi

Attachments

• Horary consulting contract 3.15.21.pdf
    592.8 KB · Views: 34

waybread

Did you get the contracts with the previous horaries, or did the lack of radicality (radicalness?) coincide with your not getting the contracts?

The main issue I see with this chart is that the moon is void-of-the-course. This doesn't mean tossing out the chart, just that the present situation (vis `a vis your question) is unlikely to change.

JoZi15

Did you get the contracts with the previous horaries, or did the lack of radicality (radicalness?) coincide with your not getting the contracts?

The main issue I see with this chart is that the moon is void-of-the-course. This doesn't mean tossing out the chart, just that the present situation (vis `a vis your question) is unlikely to change.

VOC. Of course. I missed that. Thank you! And "unlikely to change" -- perhaps they will decide to hold another interview before making a final decision? They've interviewed 3 consulting firms + maybe there won't be an answer after this meeting. Something like that.

For the 4 Horary Charts before, you are right. It was a mixture of things + not only non-radical charts.

For the university consulting contract, Venus is chart ruler with a Scorpio ASC. I haven't heard back - last week we spoke - but there's no aspect between 1st + 7th HRs.

The business consulting contract, Mars is chart ruler with a Cancer ASC. The Moon is not VOC. This chart may be radical because even though Mars is in Fall in Cancer, he is in his triplicity there. I did not get this contract + interestingly, 1st HR was separating from the 7th HR.

The CBO consulting contract, Venus is chart ruler with a Gemini ASC. Moon is not VOC but chart is also not radical. There hasn't been a decision about this contract yet + 1st HR does catch 7th HR in 3 degrees in the 9th H. Maybe I won't know until May 19th (3 months from February 19th) about the result. Oh, but I don't think this chart is radical so I may need to cast another chart after there is some re-connecting with the client or something.

For the client I just cast a chart about, I cast a chart earlier when I submitted the proposal but before the interview. The chart I just cast was right after the interview. But the earlier chart from 2/25/2021 was not VOC + the chart ruler WAS the ASC but the ASC was at 1'14 Virgo. So early. Too early since I had not had the interview yet, I guess. Here, Mercury (1st HR) is conjunct POF + applies to Jupiter (7th HR) + catches Jupiter in 3 degrees in the 6th H. Maybe this doesn't matter since the ASC is super early though.

So, to answer your question: The only contract I for certain did not get (I was told no), the chart WAS radical if we count Mars in his triplicity in Cancer even though he's in his fall there too.

The others, I have not heard definitively yet.
- University contract is not radical, not VOC, haven't heard yet
- Business contract was radical if it doesn't matter if the planet is in trip + fall
- CBO contract is not radical, not VOC, but haven't heard back yet
- The other two charts are for the same client (1 of the charts posted in this thread after I was interviewed + the other chart from before the interview)

I completely forgot about VOC. Thank you, Waybread!

I will also try to be more patient ;) and cast charts after interviews or after something has actually happened for a more accurate read.

waybread

Thanks for your detailed feedback.

I dunno if it's worth your while casting a lot of charts. One per client seems like enough, because if essentially the same question gets asked in a short period of time, it confuses which is the real moment of the chart.

I think anymore, astrologers are more inclined to say that the chart gives an answer, but it's something like inaction (VOC moon, late degree rising,) too soon to tell (early degree rising) or a simple "no" when there is no communication between the significators.

I think Lilly said to look at the planetary hour ruler for radicality, but that's not something I've done. Do you?

JoZi15

Thanks for your detailed feedback.

I dunno if it's worth your while casting a lot of charts. One per client seems like enough, because if essentially the same question gets asked in a short period of time, it confuses which is the real moment of the chart.

I think anymore, astrologers are more inclined to say that the chart gives an answer, but it's something like inaction (VOC moon, late degree rising,) too soon to tell (early degree rising) or a simple "no" when there is no communication between the significators.

I think Lilly said to look at the planetary hour ruler for radicality, but that's not something I've done. Do you?

Yes you’re right. Especially casting a chart when they’ve only asked about what I do + haven’t even looked at a proposal from me is just impatience + unnecessary.

I try to follow Frawley but by no means am I experienced! And I also think that whether the chart is radical or not, many times the answer matches what’s in the chart 🤷🏻*♀️

You do not consider radically? VOC Moon is more significant?

waybread

I do consider radicality, but I think the idea of prohibitions against judgement, and even cautions against judgement are relaxed somewhat today. A VOC moon or early degree rising usually says something about the situation under consideration.

Suppose I ask, "Do I have cancer?" but so far as I know, I don't have any symptoms; maybe a family history. A VOC moon would suggest that I don't have cancer. So it can be a positive result.

Sometimes a chart really does not give a picture of the question. I might be missing something obvious, but sometimes I wonder if it was cast for the wrong time.

JoZi15

I do consider radicality, but I think the idea of prohibitions against judgement, and even cautions against judgement are relaxed somewhat today. A VOC moon or early degree rising usually says something about the situation under consideration.

Suppose I ask, "Do I have cancer?" but so far as I know, I don't have any symptoms; maybe a family history. A VOC moon would suggest that I don't have cancer. So it can be a positive result.

Sometimes a chart really does not give a picture of the question. I might be missing something obvious, but sometimes I wonder if it was cast for the wrong time.
Why does that happen? Because sometimes I will read a chart + I feel as though when I look to see what just happened with the Moon + what will happen next, it seems to describe a different situation that has also been on my mind.

Astrology always knows!

waybread

Maybe the question became a burning issue for you prior to when you cast the chart. Or maybe a question like, "Will this client call me back?" is just masking a much bigger or different question about your career or income.

Sometimes a house or sign has a legitimate meaning that isn't immediately apparent to us.

(Eek! Or maybe this stuff doesn't always work.....)

Do you want to post a sample from your recent charts to discuss?

JoZi15

Maybe the question became a burning issue for you prior to when you cast the chart. Or maybe a question like, "Will this client call me back?" is just masking a much bigger or different question about your career or income.

Sometimes a house or sign has a legitimate meaning that isn't immediately apparent to us.

(Eek! Or maybe this stuff doesn't always work.....)

Do you want to post a sample from your recent charts to discuss?

OMG. Yes. It is always a bigger question isn't, it?

I looked through the last 5 horary charts asking if I would get the consulting contracts (hired for money) + found that I'm essentially asking the same question: "Am I going to make it?" in reference to being able to pay for the 2nd child starting college in the Fall while the 1st one's tuition is still a sizable amount.

Two things. Yesterday, I made peace with the fact that if the children have to take out bigger college loans, then I will work to pay those off as much as I can when the time comes but that I can't make money appear right now. I told myself that the children know + feel that I put them first + that I'm doing the best I can.

The other thing was that about 6 months ago I made a decision not to apply for a job that would give me a big + steady salary but would move me away from my career work that I consider "my life's purpose" + to double down on centering this bliss work (getting paid to do it) instead of doing it on the side. I saw this morning, when you asked this question Waybread, that I am really close to this arbitrary goal I set for myself in late September!

After that September online conversation (with you, actually!!!) I took a small but pivotal contract that would have given me the stage + the partners to position myself, my approach + my interventions in my field of expertise (the bliss work). Just a few people worked with me but I caught their eye. Four of the six have openly expressed interest in working with me (hiring me, planning with me to figure out how to get our new approach funded).

One is the national intermediary that was supporting the small project (a pilot I imagine). The other three are city-sized intermediaries. One already asked if I could come train her staff + I was so excited! She said that she also wanted to introduce me to the foundation that is supporting work in California so I could train all the CBOs in the state. This is similar to the strategy I had hoped would develop with the national intermediary + the other city intermediaries so that I could start getting paid for the work I really really want to do.

So, as one of the last five horaries that I was originally complaining about in this thread, this horary is the most pivotal. I asked if she would raise the funding so that I could do this training for her CBO but I think I was really asking "Is my strategy to start getting my bliss work funded going to work?"

I thought I was really clear when I asked the horary. I think I am always clear when I ask my question but I am an Aquarius so perhaps no one understood me! I meditate on the question + made sure that I was asking specifically about this particular training contract that, I believed, would unlock everything. I open my eyes when I feel clarity around the ask + check the time. But maybe from now on, I'm going to ask "Is this what you really want to know."

So, here is the interpretation of the attached chart:

I'm Mercury on the 9th HC (in the house of "what do other people think of my beliefs + how are they influenced + transformed?"). The contract for me to be hired to do the training is represented by Jupiter in the 9th, just 3 and 1/2 degrees from me catching him. Not an overwhelming amount of reception but at least no repulsion, no interference. Moon is not VOC but sits in the 12th H reflecting that something is happening that I don't know about, nor is it likely to be good. Whyyyyyyy?!!

Moon just left a conjunction to Mars (the 6th + 11th HRs in the 12th - my role as consultant to this working group of supporting five CBOs funded by this national intermediary?) + applies toward Sun (3rd HR conjunct the MC - my thinking/my strategizing/my writing, all serve my career, my life's work, my purpose + reputation?).

Something hidden I do not see. Moon just left exaltation in Taurus + enters Gemini where she's peregrine but is received well by Mercury (me). Hmm. Mercury has term + face but that's it, in Aquarius, so although he catches Jupiter (7th HR), he isn't particularly strong + he's moving slowly in a cadent H.

3 months, not 3 weeks to bring to fruition (February 19th to May 19th - woohoo!) but I'm scared about the 12th H Moon...

Waybread + all you insightful + sage community members, I welcome your thoughts!

With much hope,
Jozi

Attachments

• Horary S.UCC Training.jpg
    Horary S.UCC Training.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 20

waybread

Thanks for the background info. Just so I'm clear, what was (a) the question you actually asked of the chart, was there (b) a bigger question (like "Am I going to make it?") and (c) do you know the outcome?

JoZi15

Thanks for the background info. Just so I'm clear, what was (a) the question you actually asked of the chart, was there (b) a bigger question (like "Am I going to make it?") and (c) do you know the outcome?

Question was really just "Will I get this consulting contract to do this Training?" and I did not ask the bigger question of "Am I gonna make it?" because I just came to that realization that that's what I'm really asking when I looked over the last 5 Horary Charts today, because I was answering one of your earlier questions.

I do have an update though.

So, when I asked about the Training (2/19/21 Horary Chart) back in February, the chart shows Moon in the 12th H.

This evening (March 17th) I got an email from the potential client introducing me to a City Government contact (the Chief Innovation Office) so that the three of us could talk about my consulting for the City. We have not set a meeting yet but that is the plan.

I guess this is why there was no movement on the Training for the CBO. She wanted something bigger than just a training for her organization. It appears she wants to partner with the City to engage more stakeholders/decision-makers + probably needs more backing/more money.

I will see what happens with this development. But I'm still intrigued by the 12th H Moon.

What do you think, Waybread?

waybread

I thought of contracts as a third house matter. But then I looked them up in Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book and things suddenly got more complicated. He says,

contracts in general: 7th house, Libra, 3rd house, Mercury, Gemini

" concerned with employment: 8th house

" concerned with one's business: 12th house

financial contracts, or gains from contracts: 4th house

signing of contracts: 3rd house.

Have you got a feeling for which house is the best fit here?

It would be nice to use the 7th house, ruled by Jupiter; because Mercury's next aspect is a conjunction to Jupiter, in the turned 3rd house of written documents from the 7th.

The moon's next aspect is a square to the sun, suggesting that there is a connection, but that it doesn't go as well as one hoped.

Mercury is fairly strong, in its own terms and face.

JoZi15

Lol yikes! Thank you, Waybread 🤗

Well, I am a consultant who does Equity Trainings + Strategic Planning for public entities, private companies, and community based organizations. It is my “job.” I work for myself, I am self employed, I have an LLC. Might this sound similar to an Astrologer who has their own business + is hired by clients or would that be different? Sometimes when my contracts are very small (say under $3,000) I don’t even have a contract + I’m treated like a vendor + submit an invoice after I’ve conducted the training.

I love this work, it is my dream work (10th H?) but sometimes being a consultant means the client is the boss + you don’t have a lot of choices (6th H?) + one time someone told me that if it is one contact person at an entity with whom I work most closely (usually the Executive Director) that is a 7th H matter (which is why I have been using the 7th H). But before I was told that in this forum, I assumed my work, contract or not, was represented by the 10th H whether I was a consultant or not.

For the Rulership Book, I think 8th H Employment matters might be more about filling out forms once you’re hired as an employee like for health insurance or retirement programs? I think the 12th H Business contracts refer more to agreements a business may enter into like an office lease or something? I’m gonna leave 4th H alone as I don’t think that’s what we’re talking about here either.

I kind of like the 9th H - signing a contract (3rd H from the 7th) with a client/business partner but I just made that up + it’s not really a choice. I guess I’d go with 7th H then. Is that what you’d use if your astrology business got paid by a client if it was your job or primary source of income?

Do you have anything more to add with respect to an interpretation for Moon in the 12th? Does Moon applying next to the Sun/3rd HR brought to the 10th provide a clue + if so, how might you interpret that or is that aspect not really about why Moon is in the 12th + more about “that’s just what happens next”?

I guess no job is exactly what you hope it will be but last year I got another contract that had a 12th H Moon + it was the worse Consulting gig I’ve ever had. In my life smh! 🤦🏻*♀️

Last edited:

waybread

The 12 house usually means something hidden or secretive, or just that you're feeling super-constrained and somehow shut-in or boxed-in. Unless it's a turned house situation, when it could mean whatever the combination of houses indicates. Possibly the 12th house here symbolizes the 3rd (contracts) from the 10th (career.)

Your career sounds fascinating.

JoZi15

The 12 house usually means something hidden or secretive, or just that you're feeling super-constrained and somehow shut-in or boxed-in. Unless it's a turned house situation, when it could mean whatever the combination of houses indicates. Possibly the 12th house here symbolizes the 3rd (contracts) from the 10th (career.)

Your career sounds fascinating.

😂 thank you, Waybread! I would love to do astrology all day long too. I did add synastry + composites + significant transits of birth charts for a team building exercise for the staff on one gig + I wish I was better at astrology so that people would hire me to do that all the time!!! So I think your talents are way more exciting than mine 😉

I read somewhere that a packed SR 12th H can mean “career planning/thinking about career” since it is the 3rd H from the 10th + I definitely feel that this year.

In the case of this Horary chart, I hope it means signing the contract for my next gig like you said. I will keep you updated about what happens...

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise ❤️

Last edited: