Why is my Jupiter not working??

clip11

And back to what I was originally going to say....

Your jobs are not the real work here. Not what I was referring to with that sixth house Jupiter. While the sixth house can indicate work you do for a living, and yours probably does describe the jobs you've had, in some way, its core meaning is vocation, in the traditional sense: a calling. Originally, the word meant a religious calling: what made someone become a monk or a nun, and devote their life to it.

What do you have that you can give to society? It may or may not be anything you get paid to do. The meaning of sixth house transcends that.

Katydid excellently explained the difficulties, astrologically, that you have with work:

Again, I would take that "what are you good at?" question and divert it, at least for now, away from anything that has to do with a job. Focusing on work-related talents, under these circumstances, would be beating a dead horse. Time to give it another meaning.

To start with, you obviously write very articulately. Do you write anything besides forum posts? Anything publishable? Blog? Book?

Mercury rules your MC. You can become known for what you have to say. Chiron at the MC: you could speak your truth about your afflictions, which would provide affirmation not only for you, but also for others with similar problems. Disabilities, especially hidden ones, are much more common than you would think. And a Scorpio Mercury needs to go deep. Expose the hidden things.

Writing is a process of skill development that develops self. That's a sixth house message, and a Virgo message. It's extremely common for writers to have at least one significant placement in Virgo. Your Virgo rising fits that bill.

A Pisces sixth house suggests a kind of development in the spiritual realm, or through creativity. Is there anything you're interested in that fits that bill? You might or might not think of it as spiritual or creative, so feel free to think about your interests creatively!

Or it might point to something you do to help your health. Could be something similar to what the person I talked about in this post did. Not that you necessarily have to take up tai chi, but it's one example of something that would fit with that Saturn/Mars and your Pisces sixth house, and engage your Jupiter in a health giving way.

I really don't write in any other context. But I don't know of anything in any spiritual realm I am interested in. I know at one time, I thought I would be a preacher, but I lost my faith in god and left the church. If I ever did be a preacher, it would be a scam to make money because I don't or cannot really believe in it anymore. I have experienced too much in life that contradicts the god I was taught about and as far as I can tell, every god I know of have the exact same properties.

In fact, I grew up in the Pentecostal Church and they taught about a god that actually spoke to people and told them things. So astrology was actually looked at as sinful because it was taught that you should seek god for answers. Well, I did that. And all I got and all I ever got was silence. I might have well had sought my shoes for answers. My shoes would have gave me the same response I ever got from a god.

And if I did write about my afflictions, I haven't the slightest clue about how to get it in front of a significant audience.

And do you mean Pisces 7th house? I have Aquarius on my 6th house.

Last edited:

katydid

Hi,
I am not contradicting the above, yet after re-checking my medical books and Googling for information, including Vedic and Greek medicine, and finding nothing to verify it, can I ask through which source the rulership of the spine along MC-I.C axis was obtained? I have never read of an axis ruling anything from the med. astrology perspective, whereas the signs on the cusps or planets associated with health issues in a house can.
The spine is 'generally' associated with the Leo-Aquarius axis and eventual ruling planets. With ruler Asc.(physical constitution) and M.C conjunct Neptune-Sun in Capricorn (ruler skeleton), a weakness(Neptune) in structure (Capricorn) of the spine (Sun, ruler Leo) is not unthinkable, although not necessarily problematic in itself.
I agree that Saturn conjunct Uranus, rulers 6th house of physical issues, to Moon could be associated with the spinal cord. Uranus rules the vertebrae and Sagittarius has rulership over the lower spine (tailbone), from which any curvature of the spine as a result of calcium (Saturn) deficiency (Jupiter in Pisces) could find its source.

That would describe the way a negative Jupiter square Chiron in Gemini might think, with Saturn creating a huge chip on the shoulder (Gemini area).
Jupiter in Pisces could well add an excess amount of self pity that, together, would then find it easy to disassociate one's self from what 'everyone else' has.

I believe Osamenor would be the first to encourage the thought that you don't have an incorrectly functioning brain, and would use the term 'neuro-atypicality' to describe its alternate wiring activity to that of others. There's simply a necessity (Uranus) to find the niche through which its mind can work functionally.

The chart gives a birth place in Detroit. Do you still live within the vacinity?

Mercury of Virgo, ruler Asc., is very mechanically-minded. Literally every ***** (i.e. nail, nut!!) and bolt has to be fitted, and every crook and cranny filled exactly as it should be. Wouldn't that work exceptionaly well in the motor industry, or a subsidiary division in the oil industry - ruled by Pluto or Neptune, according to whether it's associated with underground or through the sea? Jupiter in Pisces could then seek opportunities and work advantageously because it makes good aspects through a trine and quintile with each planet.

Mercury in Capricorn can learn via structural teaching, especially if there is enough interest in a subject. But the heart (Sun) must be willing to give it a try, through starts and stops and ups and downs, to climb that mountain to reach its top.
There is an exceptionally strong inherent will (Sun-Pluto) that could well overcome a harshly working Jupiter-Saturn (depression?) and Mars-Pluto defeatist tendency.

Frisiangal,

I will kindly defer to your expertise as a Medical Astrologer. I was not able to find a source for what I was taught about the MC ruling the spine.

That info came from a lecture I attended in the early 80's in Palo Alto, Ca. It was given by a Chiropractor/Astrologer named Angyline, but I can't remember her last name...I couldn't find anything by her online.

Her theory was that Saturn/Uranus ruled the spine and it's malformations.

She saw the MC as Saturn ruled, and she had a theory about the MC being the exact moment of birth, as the cosmic energy would spill in through the fontanel and move down through the spinal canal.

She taught that the aspects to the MC/IC would show the strengths and weaknesses to the spine. Specifically squares and conjunctions to MC/IC from Mars on out. I incorporated that info and over the years it seemed to me to be accurate. But I cannot verify it with any kind of research and/or data.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I really don't write in any other context. But I don't know of anything in any spiritual realm I am interested in. I know at one time, I thought I would be a preacher, but I lost my faith in god and left the church. If I ever did be a preacher, it would be a scam to make money because I don't or cannot really believe in it anymore. I have experienced too much in life that contradicts the god I was taught about and as far as I can tell, every god I know of have the exact same properties.
You're interested in astrology. That could be considered part of the spiritual realm, although not everyone thinks of it that way.

You may have other interests that you don't think of as spiritual, but that arguably are.

In fact, I grew up in the Pentecostal Church and they taught about a god that actually spoke to people and told them things. So astrology was actually looked at as sinful because it was taught that you should seek god for answers. Well, I did that. And all I got and all I ever got was silence. I might have well had sought my shoes for answers. My shoes would have gave me the same response I ever got from a god.
Funny thing, the wise men who visited Baby Jesus were astrologers. The star they saw was an astrological message. It may have been a grand conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn, like we're about to see this Christmas. God so hated astrology that he used it to announce the birth of his only begotten son?

Anyhow, you don't have to believe in God or necessarily see yourself as a spiritual person, if you don't. But we all have spirituality as a part of us, whether or not we call it that. Maybe you call it something else.

And if I did write about my afflictions, I haven't the slightest clue about how to get it in front of a significant audience.
There are blogs, like this one. There are people who start their own for things like that.

And that's if you want to write about your afflictions. You may have other things to say that are not directly about your afflictions, but still come from your experience. Mary Shelley had an afflicted life (and Pluto on her midheaven, too) and out of that came Frankenstein.

And do you mean Pisces 7th house? I have Aquarius on my 6th house.

I meant Pisces Jupiter in your sixth house. Yes, the cusp is in Aquarius, but the one planet you have in that house is in Pisces, and that's the planet you were asking about.

Frisiangal

I thought that was broken down by which part of the spine we're talking about. Upper back and the upper part of the spine is Leo. Lower back, and the lower spine (lumbar and sacral bones) is Libra. Then we have Capricorn for bones in general. And Saturn.

According to (transl.)'Astrology and Medicine', J.C. van Wageningen (2nd reprint 1976), a physician who compared and discussed the ideas of Daath, Bailey, and others in his book containing 336 charts of medical complaints, the vertebrae are divided and numbered in specific individual sign sections, with a lower vertebrae overlap between signs:
neck - Taurus into Gemini,
chest - Gemini into Cancer into Leo,
lumbar region - Virgo into Libra,
sacrum = Scorpio,
tailbone = Sagittarius.

Jupiter rules Sagittarius. Saturn is in Sagittarius.
Jupiter square Saturn as mentioned earlier.

So wouldn't the ruling signs/planets involved in his scoliosis depend on where the curve is? My understanding is that scoliosis is usually a curve in the mid to upper spine, which would make it Leo/Sun, but I could be wrong about that.

One way or another, we already know he has scoliosis. The only question is what the astrological signature for it is in his chart

My definitive dictionary describes scoliosis as:
'abnormal curvature of the spine of congenital origin or disease of the vertebrae or hip bones.

Hips are ruled by Sagittaiurs - ruler Jupiter, square Saturn.

But you don't have to take my word for it. I just attempt to offer meaning to med. astro. symbolism. :smile:

Frisiangal

Frisiangal,

I will kindly defer to your expertise as a Medical Astrologer. .

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

N-e-v-e-r.

In my desire for learning what made people tick, the medical health side of astrology became a passion in the early years of study. You may remember the story of my 1st teacher being able to describe the what, when, where, and WHY of a medical complaint. She got me hooked and it's been an ongoing learning process since.

I hope I didn't cause any offence by my question to you. It was never my intent. My Virgo side takes in and files much of what you write.

:smile:

Shanti

Why is my Jupiter not working??

Jupiter is conjunct the descendent and squared by a strong angular saturn aspecting ascendant.

Planets at the descendent is often projected and not experienced as a part of oneself. But looked for in the outer world in other people living out the archetype.

Maybe so maybe not. Take possession of your own jupiter principle..:happy:

clip11

According to (transl.)'Astrology and Medicine', J.C. van Wageningen (2nd reprint 1976), a physician who compared and discussed the ideas of Daath, Bailey, and others in his book containing 336 charts of medical complaints, the vertebrae are divided and numbered in specific individual sign sections, with a lower vertebrae overlap between signs:
neck - Taurus into Gemini,
chest - Gemini into Cancer into Leo,
lumbar region - Virgo into Libra,
sacrum = Scorpio,
tailbone = Sagittarius.

Jupiter rules Sagittarius. Saturn is in Sagittarius.
Jupiter square Saturn as mentioned earlier.

My definitive dictionary describes scoliosis as:
'abnormal curvature of the spine of congenital origin or disease of the vertebrae or hip bones.

Hips are ruled by Sagittaiurs - ruler Jupiter, square Saturn.

But you don't have to take my word for it. I just attempt to offer meaning to med. astro. symbolism. :smile:

If its any help, my scoliosis is in my lumbar region.