Houses vs sign vs aspect

love-thinking

How do you properly differentiate between the three?

For example would a sun conjunct Mrs exhibit a sun in Aries energy? What about planets that represent more than one sign?

Would a stellium in 4th house represent cancer in energy even if it's in a contradictory sign ?

And let's say someone has all of the signs somewhere in the chart, what's the point of personality astrology?

For example one only energy I don't contain in my chart is Virgo.

InfoOverload2

I believe a 4th house stellium that is contradictory to Cancer, would show it's issues in the planets present in the house, or the aspects.

If you have an example, or maybe even take your own chart, on astro.com do House system > "Whole Signs (Aries=1)", and I believe you'll find resonance to your Placidus chart.

2+2 = 4
1+3 = 4
4+0 = 4
34 - 30 = 4

Your chart is truly an amazing science.

Timmytwothumbs

For example would a sun conjunct Mrs exhibit a sun in Aries energy? What about planets that represent more than one sign?

Would a stellium in 4th house represent cancer in energy even if it's in a contradictory sign ?

And let's say someone has all of the signs somewhere in the chart, what's the point of personality astrology?

The truth is that the house and sign don't really mean anything at all. It's just a guideline. A way of measuring if you will. We have to have a word for it to describe what it is. The sign is the physical place in the sky. The house is the physical place in relation to the earth. The aspect is the distance between two objects and the shapes/patterns they create when viewed from earth. It's all just a bunch of matter and energy flying around space that a few of us are crazy enough to try and interpret and make sense of.

However. The planets never align the same exact way twice. So every second is different than the next. So just because you have all signs and aspects doesn't mean you are everything all in one. If you were to look into Vedic astrology. There are 27 signs. Each broken down into 4 padas if you read your natal chart using Vedic you definitely wouldn't have a little bit of everything. There aren't enough planets for that. A stellium is nothing more than a collection of planets in one area. Jesus had 5 planets in pisces and possessed the ability to bring himself back to life. A collection of planets in one area is a gift.

AsianSapphire

The aspects change the energy of a planet.
The sigh gives psychological qualities to the planet. The house shows you where this planet will mostly show itself.

IleneK

Premium Member

love-thinking,
If you really do [love thinking] :), perhaps you may want to obtain and look at an introductory astrology text?
With such an interest as you appear to express, it would good to clearly understand the meanings and distinctions of the planets, the signs and the houses. It is kind of like learning the astrological alphabet.

Last edited: