Squares v inconjuncts: which is more problematic?

wan

Hello. Basically, I am wondering about the two different kinds of aspects: squares versus inconjuncts. I am just wondering what the consensus is in regards to which of them is more problematic.

Personally, I think inconjuncts are worse, because the two planets involved have absolutely nothing in common. At least with squares, they are of the same mode.

Do you have any personal experience about this? I personally have Moon inconjunct Mars and I used to have a really bad temper when I was a child. I also have Neptuen square Saturn but for some reason I don't feel anything.

katydid

I totally agree with you about the difficulty with inconjuncts, in that they do not have any 'connections' that they can use to try and make things work.

If we look at the iconic square, of Mars square Moon, in Aries/Cancer, we see a cardinal, assertive conflict.

Maybe the native feels that his wife/mother/family[moon] does not support his ambitions and goals. [mars]

Maybe he wants to be a private trainer, and spends all of his time working out at the gym. But his family feels like he neglects them and wastes time and money on gym membership and vitamin supplements but is rarely home to spend tome with them.

So the battle is between Fire [ambitions, goals] and Water [ feelings, emotional needs] -----however since both planets are CARDINAL, it is possible to get them in sync with each other and to WORK HARD together because work and effort and change comes naturally to Cardinal placements.

So they can probably meet the problem head on, and work out a way to move forward and make everyone happy. Because both Aries and Cancer want to make progress and initiate change.

So what happens when the Moon is inconjunct Mars?

So the native [ Moon/Aries 1st] might have goals and ambitions to become a personal trainer.

But there is some stress involved, because his wife/family [Moon/Virgo/6th] are not supportive of his decision. And they may be critical of his plans and actually complain, but will not actually have direct discussions about what they should do as a family to get on the same page. :sad:

His wife may say she has 'no problem' with it when he asks, but at the same time, she never says anything positive about it, and makes plans for them on some weekends, when she knows he has potential clients. And maybe she talks about him going back to school for technical training as a a/c repair man, and gives him pamphlets about the new school schedules...:whistling:

She may say she 'forgot' and didn't mean to mess up his schedule, or ignore his dreams/wishes, but it still might be very annoying...:bandit:

So the inconjunct is very difficult because people cannot even get on the same page and agree there is a problem. Cardinal and Mutable do not mesh well.

Last edited:

Whoam1

This is easy for me to answer.

I was born at night (therefore ruled by my Moon over Sun), my Moon luminary is ruled by the sun, so to better explain it i look to its aspects. It has one hard aspect, Moon Square Pluto. This is one of my favorite aspects in my whole entire chart! Pluto acts as a switch and turns up the energy of my moon, i believe it taints it too, as the normal Leo Moon traits don't describe me.

Next ill look at one of my most energetic combinations. I have a 0 degree Venus in Scorpio, square to a 29 degree Exalted Mars in Capricorn. My chart as a general rule of thumb has a lot of Mars energy.
(Pluto, Venus,Chiron, Mercury in Mars ruled Scorpio, Jupiter ruler of my sun and most angular planet plus Saturn in Aries, and the Mars,Uranus,Neptune, South Node all in Capricorn).
Mars acting on this Scorpio Venus makes it double in intensity (especially interesting as Venus is at a critical degree). I also love this square aspect.

An in-conjunction is like pure apathy, id rather feel a challenge from a square than feel nothing at all.

InfoOverload2

This is easy for me to answer.

I was born at night (therefore ruled by my Moon over Sun), my Moon luminary is ruled by the sun, so to better explain it i look to its aspects. It has one hard aspect, Moon Square Pluto. This is one of my favorite aspects in my whole entire chart! Pluto acts as a switch and turns up the energy of my moon, i believe it taints it too, as the normal Leo Moon traits don't describe me.

Next ill look at one of my most energetic combinations. I have a 0 degree Venus in Scorpio, square to a 29 degree Exalted Mars in Capricorn. My chart as a general rule of thumb has a lot of Mars energy.
(Pluto, Venus,Chiron, Mercury in Mars ruled Scorpio, Jupiter ruler of my sun and most angular planet plus Saturn in Aries, and the Mars,Uranus,Neptune, South Node all in Capricorn).
Mars acting on this Scorpio Venus makes it double in intensity (especially interesting as Venus is at a critical degree). I also love this square aspect.

An in-conjunction is like pure apathy, id rather feel a challenge from a sqYuare than feel nothing at all.

If you Moon was inconjunct Pluto you'd know that it doesn't feel like pure apathy. If the inconjunct involves the Sun and/or Moon, you could literally be a walking paradox and you feel the separation very clearly. But you remain between a rock and a hard place. Doesn't sound like apathy