Transit headache?

07.Re

Hey all

I have had the most strangest headache today. It is located on the left side of my head above my ears and slightly back - not at all in my forehead. :pinched:

When I checked my transits for the day, I read that transit :sun::square: natal :mercury: (0°48s).

Do you think its possible to put the headache down to this transit? Is anyone else affected by this transit? Mercury is also my chart ruler.

Thanks...

:)

starlink

Hi Re, I dont think that Mercury could cause the trouble you have. Usually Mars is associated with headaches. Did you have a look at that transit? Mars-Sun. Or Mars afflicting the Ascendant? Transit of the Sun square Mercury and Mercury being the chart ruler could cause tension, mental tension, which can also cause headache I suppose. It can also have to do with your neck. I have often headaches in the place you mentioned and actually never in my forehead, always at the base of the neck. Which planet rules your 6th house?

07.Re

Hi Re, I dont think that Mercury could cause the trouble you have. Usually Mars is associated with headaches. Did you have a look at that transit? Mars-Sun. Or Mars afflicting the Ascendant? Transit of the Sun square Mercury and Mercury being the chart ruler could cause tension, mental tension, which can also cause headache I suppose. It can also have to do with your neck. I have often headaches in the place you mentioned and actually never in my forehead, always at the base of the neck. Which planet rules your 6th house?

Hi Star! Welcome back...

Okay, tr Mars sextiles the Sun (-0°36a) and in my relocated chart, tr Mars opposes my Asc (-5°20a). I also have tr Saturn conjunct natal Mars (0°40a) and thought that my neck stiffness had something to do with this transit.

Uranus rules my 6th house and it conjuncts my sun within 4°

Thanks Star :)

Frisiangal

Hi,
Headaches/ pain in the head can usually find an association with Mars-Aries, rulers of the head area.
Are you/have you been under any kind of long term 'pressure' regarding weighing the pro's and cons and making personally important decisions, possibly in the relationship sphere?

I agree with Starlink regarding the mental tension in Mercury....all up in the air in Libra...and the aspect from natal Sun today. As ruler of your Virgo Ascendant, part of you could be very niggedly about any indecision you are experiencing when it sees so clearly how things really are. Add that transit Mercury's retrograde sojourn in Capricorn, with that of transit Venus, have been in a long term square with the majority of your Libra planets, whilst transit Saturn has, with transit Pluto, been putting the grips on your natal Mars-Pluto square Jupiter, and a theme could be playing itself out......or maybe not playing itself out to Virgo's satisfaction, which causes the headache.

As you live a lot 'in your head' (Air influence) anyway, it's necessary to make sure you don't go over into overload(Jupiter). Jupiter (ruler 3rd of the mind processes) in Capricorn might try to cram too much in, rather than give the mind a rest now and then.
'Blinding flashes' of migraines often find an association across the Aries-Libra axis with Uranus (to Mercury) when pressure peaks. Rulers 1st and 6th are wide conjunct in the 1st house, but could be a contibuting factor, so watch out for that as well.

If the headache begins to return on a regular basis, be wise and get immediate medical attention. Mine turned out to be the need for glasses for the computer.:smile:

Last edited:

dhundhun

While Saturn in transit is exactly over your natal Mars, Pluto in transit has come within transit square orbit of Mars.

Pluto square Mars can give intense headache.

07.Re

Thanks so much Frisiangal and dhundhun for helping me understand this.

Frisiangal, I'm stunned! You've hit the nail on the head in your first paragraph and it explains it all to me.

With the amount of air element / energy in my chart, its difficult to not overdo the thinking thing - LOL!

The headache is still there, but not as prominent as it was.

Thanks again :)

Claire19

Hey all

I have had the most strangest headache today. It is located on the left side of my head above my ears and slightly back - not at all in my forehead. :pinched:

When I checked my transits for the day, I read that transit :sun::square: natal :mercury: (0°48s).

Do you think its possible to put the headache down to this transit? Is anyone else affected by this transit? Mercury is also my chart ruler.

Thanks...

:)

If the transits have a natal echo then I think that perhaps there may have been some sort of nerve activity. Everyone will have a very different experience of any global transit. You may have been feeling more overwrought or nervous and that brought the headache on. Let us hope that it is just temporary. Mars is the main influence with headaches.

07.Re

I woke up today with a headache and I haven't had one since this thread.

I checked my transits for the day and noticed tr Mercury inconjuncts natal Sun (0°01s) and tr Mars Quintiles the Sun (1°38s)............ but I'm not convinced a quintile can bring on a headache and lastly, tr Mars squares natal Mercury (3° orb).

Dhundun, I still have Pluto square Mars too.

Frisiangal

I woke up today with a headache and I haven't had one since this thread.

I checked my transits for the day and noticed tr Mercury inconjuncts natal Sun (0°01s) and tr Mars Quintiles the Sun (1°38s)............ but I'm not convinced a quintile can bring on a headache and lastly, tr Mars squares natal Mercury (3° orb).

Dhundun, I still have Pluto square Mars too.

As if it wasn't enough that tr. Mercury (ruler 1st house) was exact conjunct tr. Jupiter in your 6th house (physical complaints) exact inconjunct natal Moon, tr. Uranus (ruler 6th) is now exact degree inconjunct natal Mercury, tr. Neptune is in the long term trine to Mercury, transiting Saturn has been retrograding back towards, and was exact conjunct your natal Puto yesterday. Transiting Pluto has moved on from activating the natal T-square and will complete the whole issue at its final retrograde/direct square to itself.

You seem to be still undergoing some underlying pressure from Saturn. Taking the house rulerships of the planets involved, has there been that development in the impersonal relationship problem (as per previous post earlier in the year) that, even if you think to have made your decision, you are still experiencing the difficulty to come to terms with (Saturn) the outcome? Still a question of personal values to contend with (prog. Sun in Scorpio together with Pluto squaring itself?), whilst the 'new start' doesn't yet show signs of physically manifesting itself?

The Mars-Pluto square Jupiter is the red thread running through your life. As long as any situational challenge arises and you don't deal with it; e.g. high hopes turning into disappointments in reality :)jupiter::capricorn: in 4th) because you place all your trust in others instead of yourself :)libra: influence), the conflict the square entails is going to play havoc with you as you get older. Make your decisions and choices and stick by them in true Libra fashion.
Your sec. progr. Moon has been transiting your 5th house and Aquarius for quite while and entered the 6th house. It will (or may have done) conjoin transiting Neptune to natal Mercury. What is the difficulty in a positive change of mind, picking up on the good of it and letting go of that which is no longer necessary in one's future?

You are undergoing a major change in your life. Maybe when you stop doubting enough to trust it and totally believe in yourself, the headaches will become a thing of the past, rather than becoming chronic.:wink:

Last edited:

07.Re

Frisiangal, thank you so much for your very informative reply.

Following on from my earlier post, I had taken a decision but went back on it because it meant other people would get hurt and I just can't have that happen right now.

I thought I had come to peace with this but obviously I know its not the right decision, for if it was, I wouldn't be experiencing these headaches. Tr Uranus is also knocking on my 7th house door and its not a comfortable feeling.

Pluto has dredged up an old, very negative belief I have (of myself), one I have not thought of for many years (this is different to my earlier post). He's showing me that this belief still festers deep down and that I haven't fully faced and shattered it. I have so much happening in my life right now, that I don't know if I have the strength to challenge this (yet) ...... and in not doing so, I allow it to carry on eating away at my sense of self worth. Aint that silly at my age?!

Because I'm such a private person (I'm not sure if this is pr Sun and Asc in Scorpio), I think that I can deal with it all myself and very rarely show my cards to anyone ... I am however, learning that this is not the best way to go about it and I'm slowly opening up to a few select, trustworthy people for help and advice.

I know what I've said is vague, as I don't want to go into detail on a public forum, but your analysis has certainly been an eye opener for me.

Thanks again..... It is much appreciated.

xxx