Purchasing of Laptop.....

07.Re

My laptop of 3 years died a peaceful death earlier in the week. :sad:

I'm in the process of replacing it and was hoping to pin point the ideal time to purchase a new one - before Mercury turns retrograde on the 10th Dec.

Looking at todays date, with an afternoon purchase time, I have a Taurus Asc (fixed, so that should be good) with Venus in Scorpio (ouch!) sextiling Mercury in Cappie. Uranus squares Mercury which is probably the only other concern I have.

Could someone please confirm if I'm on the right track and point out anything else I've possibly missed which could make this purchase a disaster.

Thanks
:smile:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_275_laptop.69747.2166.jpg
    astro_2gw_275_laptop.69747.2166.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 22

07.Re

Thanks for the advice Liv. I'll be heading back to the drawing board... sooner rather than later.

It ***** sharing my sons computer. There are certain threads here I can't read because I have installed Net Nanny on his computer (and can't remember the password to override the block)! Humph!

dr. farr

Certainly Mercury as principle significator; however I (because of my eclectic outlook) would add Uranus as secondary significator; I'd want any relationship between Mercury and Uranus to be at least neutral (no aspect) or positive(trine/sextile/semi-sextile/or perhaps conjunct or parallel). I would want Mercury as strong as possible (dignities)-I wouldn't be that much concerned with Uranus dignity wise (yes, I have my own little schema of dignities for the outers!). In the reference chart by whole sign I see the Dragon's Tail in the 3rd house (communications-lap tops via the internet are thus connected with communications) I definitely would not want the Tail posited in the house of communications when purchasing this type of equipment!

07.Re

By redoing the time of the elected chart, I could get my second house significator to be something other than Mercury. Would that help?

Its not long until Mercury turns retrograde and it'll be a while before there is any positive aspect with Uranus. Urgh...

dr. farr

By redoing the time of the elected chart, I could get my second house significator to be something other than Mercury. Would that help?

Its not long until Mercury turns retrograde and it'll be a while before there is any positive aspect with Uranus. Urgh...

In my opinion don't worry about the Mercury/Uranus situation: just get that Dragon's Tail out of the 3rd house!!

RayAustin

Hi Re,
Also consider too that just because Mercury isn't retrograde yet doesn't mean it isn't still damaged. Mercury could also being slowing down in your chart.