Moon and Sun conjunction (Frawley)

Filipa

Banned
Hi everybody,
Is Frawley right when saying that Moon - Sun applying conjunction is a sure sign of marriage? I was under impression that this is not a good sign at all.
Thanks for any info!

Filipa

Banned
Thanks for your comments, I've found the book and read it once more, here is what he really wrote, for the question "Will I ever marry?"
"Regardless of what signifies whom, an applying Sun/Moon conjunction is an excellent indicator of marriage."
So, now I am wandering is it applicable to all relationship questions, or just this kind of questions?

dr. farr

I also do not care much for Frawley (however some of our AW friends consider him an excellent horary guide)-I think that a sweeping generalization such as Moon/Sun in applying conjunction always means marriage (in a marriage/love relationship question) goes quite a bit too far (however, especially in the oldtime literature we often find such sweeping and categorical statements about what certain indications ALWAYS mean-I think we have to be careful about how far we are willing to accept such as being invariably accurate:sideways:!)

rafaella

I can actually confirm this to be true! Had a chart regarding my friend's marriage, she got into a fight with him a month before the wedding. Seeing the new Moon in the chart, I really thought it was over (this was before I bought Frawley's book). But to my astonishment, they did get married and 3 years later they are still together.

I think in marriage question Moon/Sun conjucntion is positive, but only marriage - not really in a relationship question as such.

Last edited:

Aquarius358

Thanks for your comments, I've found the book and read it once more, here is what he really wrote, for the question "Will I ever marry?"
"Regardless of what signifies whom, an applying Sun/Moon conjunction is an excellent indicator of marriage."
So, now I am wandering is it applicable to all relationship questions, or just this kind of questions?

Hi - Depending on a person's culture, "marriage" often means the querent is thinking about a long term relationship. If your querent has specified this in discussion while settling on the horary question, then "marriage" and a long, term, serious relationship can mean the same thing. It depends on what the querent has told you, the astrologer.

Frawley would never advocate that you take a sentence like the one you quoted as something to be followed blindly - in fact, in the sentence just above the one you've quoted, he says "But do use your common sense: ..."

Also, he had just been writing about timing in relation to the type of question that begins "Will I ever ...?" He was making the point that if you've got the applying aspect, then you'll be able to find the timing "in the chart somewhere."
One such aspect could, in fact, be an applying Moon to Sun.

What Frawley has written is not wrong but perfectly reasonable.___