With so many options for work - where to focus??

waterglow

Hi,

I'm at a crossroads and looking for some outside input on what is the best direction to focus on right now. Too many irons in the fire. Wanting to LOVE what I do and not spread myself too thin. Untapped/under-utilized gifts and talents? Curious about progressions affecting my chart and what that may be nudging me towards.

Currently I'm debating whether it is a good time to go in the direction of taking my small business of making organic body care products and gemstone jewelry to the next level - feed my creative side, possibly start working with Reiki clients again, service/healing work -OR- stick to the 9-5 admin job and event work I do. Or consider other possibilities...Work for self vs others. Are there any strong indicators to answer this?

For about 12 years I worked from home for others and also worked events, 2 years ago I took a temp admin job that turned into full-time last year (in addition to my existing work); my work life is very full - I'm on the fence with office culture (drama vs community) and the 9-5 schedule, missing the flexibility and ability to honor the energetic "waves" of the day, feeling a lack of connection to the work itself.

I've attached my natal chart - koch house system.

Sun is in my 12th house conjunct Chiron, Sun in Grand Fire Trine with Moon and Neptune, wide opposition to Pluto. Mercury rules my 2nd house, found on 12th house cusp. Mars, chart ruler, in 2nd. Mercury also rules my 6th house. Pluto and Uranus (close to 7th) in 6th. Mercury square to Mars and Neptune. Saturn is the ruler of my MC, found in the 3rd house. Saturn in Grand Air Trine with Uranus and Venus.

Some fields I've worked in: HR/Customer Service, Sales, Education, Non-profit, Community Event Coordinating, Office/Admin Management, Social Media Management, Healing Arts (Reiki practitioner)
Interests: Astrology, Intuitive/Creative Arts, Healing Arts, Alternative/Natural Health, Travel, Nature, Culture

With my chart ruler, Mars, in Gemini in the 2nd house I usually always have more than one source of income, I like variety! I can do monotonous, repetitive work but it is very boring and draining. If my interest is there I can focus on something for hours (Saturn in 3rd, Pluto in 6th). I appreciate a mix of working behind the scenes and also interacting with the public and connecting with people. I've been studying astrology and interested in intuitive arts for many years but have felt blocked in pursuing them professionally (should I just accept it and pursue other avenues?). Blocks from self-doubt (Pisces/12th)??, people thinking it "weird"/society not in acceptance (Saturn rules MC square Sun??), not wanting to be responsible for people misinterpreting information I share (Saturn in 3rd?). I'm longing for more meaning, satisfaction, and prosperity in the work I do, I feel like I'm continually peeling back the layers of my work choices to get to what represents my most authentic self. With Sun/Mercury in the 12th, Saturn in 3rd I am private and am cautious in revealing the most personal parts of myself. If I were to continue to build my own business with handmade products and jewelry, I feel like I may need someone to help put it out there because I tend to not want to "sell". Different than sharing. I'm more of a social media promoter, come to me and ask questions rather than a cold call type sales person. Helping with retreats is also of interest...HELP, I need to focus! :)

Thank you to anyone interested in giving their insight!

Attachments

• astro koch.jpg
    astro koch.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Whatever you do, there's no way you can have just one job. When your planets are spread out all around your chart, as yours are, that creates a "jack of all trades, master of none." Or, to put it in perhaps a nicer way, you have to keep your fingers in multiple pies. You wouldn't be happy if you didn't. On top of that, you have an angular Uranus, which demands variety and unconventionality. There's no way you can stuff yourself into a one-job box.

With your needs, your admin job can only ever be a day job to you. If you need a reliable source of income, the job can provide that, but it can't fulfill your need for multiple pies. If you keep that job, you need to keep up your other interests as well.

I suspect that, if you dropped your other pursuits and tried to focus on your admin job, you would soon lose your ability to sustain focus. If you pursue your other interests, you can also, mentally and emotionally, handle a day job as long as you don't mistake it for the real thing, and as long as it doesn't take too much time and energy away from your other pursuits. But, if the day job interferes with your other interests, and if you can make enough money by pursuing one or more of those other interests, it would make more sense to cut back to part time or give up the day job altogether.

waterglow

Thank you, Osamenor, I really appreciate the response.
You are spot on. I certainly relate to the Jack of All Trades - sometimes feel like I should be the Master of Something. Uranus is strong - I don't adhere to the one-job box, nor have I ever really.

Given my spread out chart, is there an arena, specific conditions, gifts/talents that stand out above the rest? What do I give weight to so I can narrow options down?

I question if I am focused in the best direction for myself right now. Does something in my chart say I would be happiest and more successful doing something over another? 12th house related with 2 personal planets there? Healing work? 2 planets in the 6th. Work with groups, something humantarian in nature with the 2 planets in the 11th? A combination of the 3? My heads spins.

Financially speaking, my combined positions are getting me closer to where I would like to be but also overworked. The admin job provides reliable income and helps make it possible to buy supplies to grow my business but gives me less time to actually do it! Argh. Were I to leave the admin job right now I wouldn't be in a favorable position without some added income to take its place. Adding to my unease, it is very up and down for me emotionally at that job with a recent change in management, and the dynamics and integrity of certain employees. :/ It has consumed too much of my time and I have told them I need to scale back to focus on my other work responsibilities.

Uranus is about to cross over my natal ASC for the final time (I believe) here soon, some change in the offing-? Perhaps that is the unrest I feel, I want to break free - I just don't because it is needed income and I don't have another opportunity yet to dive into. There is a sense that it is a time to make a choice right now. Hence what brought me to the forum...

Thanks again!

Osamenor

Staff member
Uranus is not only crossing your AC, you're having your Uranus opposition, and have been for the last couple years. That's a time when you need to change, break routine, or else. For someone who's been living an unconventional, Uranian life already, it's more of a reconfirmation of who you are and what you need. You've also just had your Saturn opposition, which might have tempted you to more conventionality than you naturally desire--that admin job and thoughts of making it your full time job--but it also, in contrast to Uranus, helps you say no to conventionality, if no is what you need to say.

Uranus on your AC at opposition is also a great time to revolutionize the face your present to the world. Will you be seen as an astrologer, a healer, a creative type? Now is the time to make that happen.

Since your natal Uranus and Saturn are in your air grand trine, that grand trine gets activated by transits to either planet. Air signs, at the core, want to communicate. It could be a big, make your message heard to the masses communication (Aquarius), small, local, and attentive to detail (Gemini), or one-on-one, balancing, understanding (Libra), and with an air grand trine, you need to communicate in all those ways. Especially through your work. Mercury rules your second and sixth houses and disposits the ruler of your tenth, so clearly, you need your work to be communicative, and communicative of what comes from you.

The question, then: What do you need to communicate? You've answered that question here:

I've been studying astrology and interested in intuitive arts for many years but have felt blocked in pursuing them professionally (should I just accept it and pursue other avenues?). Blocks from self-doubt (Pisces/12th)??, people thinking it "weird"/society not in acceptance (Saturn rules MC square Sun??), not wanting to be responsible for people misinterpreting information I share (Saturn in 3rd?).
At such a crossroads as this, whatever you're blocking yourself from the most strongly is what you need the most. None of the blocks you mention are impenetrable barriers. It would be physically possible for you to go out and practice astrology and healing arts even while having these thoughts. Turning that into a successful business requires belief in yourself and what you're doing, but taking the first steps doesn't. When you've taken the first steps, you should gain more confidence.

If you've already been making part of your living from self employment, you already know how to do that. It would just be self employment doing something a little different.
If I were to continue to build my own business with handmade products and jewelry, I feel like I may need someone to help put it out there because I tend to not want to "sell".

And there are people who love selling and would be happy to put it out there. Where could you find one to partner with? Do you know anyone already who it might be, or who could be a connection to someone who would?

kshantaram

Premium Member
Currently I'm debating whether it is a good time to go in the direction of taking my small business of making organic body care products and gemstone jewelry to the next level - feed my creative side, possibly start working with Reiki clients again, service/healing work -OR- stick to the 9-5 admin job and event work I do. Or consider other possibilities...Work for self vs others. Are there any strong indicators to answer this?

For about 12 years I worked from home for others and also worked events, 2 years ago I took a temp admin job that turned into full-time last year (in addition to my existing work); my work life is very full - I'm on the fence with office culture (drama vs community) and the 9-5 schedule, missing the flexibility and ability to honor the energetic "waves" of the day, feeling a lack of connection to the work itself.

Some fields I've worked in: HR/Customer Service, Sales, Education, Non-profit, Community Event Coordinating, Office/Admin Management, Social Media Management, Healing Arts (Reiki practitioner)

Interests: Astrology, Intuitive/Creative Arts, Healing Arts, Alternative/Natural Health, Travel, Nature, Culture

With my chart ruler, Mars, in Gemini in the 2nd house I usually always have more than one source of income, I like variety! I can do monotonous, repetitive work but it is very boring and draining. If my interest is there I can focus on something for hours (Saturn in 3rd, Pluto in 6th).

I appreciate a mix of working behind the scenes and also interacting with the public and connecting with people.

I've been studying astrology and interested in intuitive arts for many years but have felt blocked in pursuing them professionally (should I just accept it and pursue other avenues?). Blocks from self-doubt (Pisces/12th)??, people thinking it "weird"/society not in acceptance (Saturn rules MC square Sun??), not wanting to be responsible for people misinterpreting information I share (Saturn in 3rd?).

I'm longing for more meaning, satisfaction, and prosperity in the work I do, I feel like I'm continually peeling back the layers of my work choices to get to what represents my most authentic self.

With Sun/Mercury in the 12th, Saturn in 3rd I am private and am cautious in revealing the most personal parts of myself.

If I were to continue to build my own business with handmade products and jewelry, I feel like I may need someone to help put it out there because I tend to not want to "sell". Different than sharing.

I'm more of a social media promoter, come to me and ask questions rather than a cold call type sales person. Helping with retreats is also of interest...HELP, I need to focus! :)

Thank you to anyone interested in giving their insight!

hope inputs help pick and reflect, do share pointwise feedbacks :

asc lord mars gemini 2nd, sat-mars-separative node gemini, information technology, mechatronics;
hyper-analytical, entrepreneurial, hard work, stress-struggle, earnings through own efforts;
mars elevated aspect cap 10th supportive of success in career-recognition.

sun aries 12th, admin aptitude; sun debilated aspect libra 6th for employment-health-services;

moon leo 5th again high self-pride and public-admin aptitude;

venus lord 7th for marriage-business over acq 11th, venus lord first over 11th for gains;
acq inimical-malefic for aries asc, while reformist, innovative, scientific;
stress-delay in income-gains-friendships-relationship;
gains from spouse and business partners/business but under stress-delay;
and gains through arts, dance, electronics, etc;

sat lord 10/11 over 3rd gemini, good for initiative-progress, communication technology;
cap 10th ambitious-hardworking;

9th lord jup-mer pisces 11th, mer debilated, emotional, slow comprehension;
jup own pisces, debilation of mer cancelled, gradual growth in income-gains-friendships;
mer elevated aspect virgo 5th for luck-edu-romance-children-position;

jup-mer pisces aptitude for poetry; jup-mer 11th gains through elders,
consultancy, advisory-teaching-organisation dev roles;

rahu north node sag 8th, hyper-impulsive, prone to toxic urological issues;
sat-mars and rahu opp, rise-fall in life, calling for ancestor worship;
observe fast No-moon evenings, taking milk-fruits;

ketu separative node past 1.5yr transit jup-mer pisces 11th,
now transit venus inimical acq 11th,
detachment from income-gains-friendships-relationship;
pain-injury-surgery lower legs-feet-liver-arms-shoulders-ears etc;
ketu transit 10th house seeking career-job change/separation;
prayers to Christ, offer red flowers thurs mornings;

rahu north node now transit moon-leo 5th, clouding the mind;
toxic heart-stomach-lung issues etc;
light camphor at the alter at home daily morning;

sat past 2.5yrs transit sag, opp sat-mars gemini 2nd,
family-finances-health-luck-edu-travels-father under stress;

inimical sat now transit own cap 10th, career under stress-delay;
sat 10th tending to fall in career towards last phase of the transit after 2yrs;
sat cap elevated aspect libra 6th for health-employment;
observe fast sat evenings, taking milk-fruits;

9th lord for luck jup now transit scorpio 7th for research-occult aptitudes,
jup trine aspect jup-mer pisces 12th for gains through consultancy-teaching;
and trine elevated aspect cancer 4th for domestic comforts-property;
prayers to saint of your faith, offer yellow flowers thurs evenings at the alter at home,
wear yellow sapphire and green emerald over pendant touching heart;

wishing well, kshantaram

Last edited:

waterglow

Uranus is not only crossing your AC, you're having your Uranus opposition, and have been for the last couple years. That's a time when you need to change, break routine, or else. For someone who's been living an unconventional, Uranian life already, it's more of a reconfirmation of who you are and what you need. You've also just had your Saturn opposition, which might have tempted you to more conventionality than you naturally desire--that admin job and thoughts of making it your full time job--but it also, in contrast to Uranus, helps you say no to conventionality, if no is what you need to say.

Yes- although the form and structure can be helpful the parameters make me feel like a tiger trapped in a cage.

Uranus on your AC at opposition is also a great time to revolutionize the face your present to the world. Will you be seen as an astrologer, a healer, a creative type? Now is the time to make that happen.

This fits with the feelings I'm having now, motivating me to explore this.

Since your natal Uranus and Saturn are in your air grand trine, that grand trine gets activated by transits to either planet. Air signs, at the core, want to communicate. It could be a big, make your message heard to the masses communication (Aquarius), small, local, and attentive to detail (Gemini), or one-on-one, balancing, understanding (Libra), and with an air grand trine, you need to communicate in all those ways. Especially through your work. Mercury rules your second and sixth houses and disposits the ruler of your tenth, so clearly, you need your work to be communicative, and communicative of what comes from you.

I've always thought of my Grand Air Trine as the mental/creative force that channels ideas and haven't focused as much on the communication delivery componant - I will consider this more, thanks!

The question, then: What do you need to communicate? You've answered that question here:

At such a crossroads as this, whatever you're blocking yourself from the most strongly is what you need the most. None of the blocks you mention are impenetrable barriers. It would be physically possible for you to go out and practice astrology and healing arts even while having these thoughts. Turning that into a successful business requires belief in yourself and what you're doing, but taking the first steps doesn't. When you've taken the first steps, you should gain more confidence.

If you've already been making part of your living from self employment, you already know how to do that. It would just be self employment doing something a little different.

Yes. Thank you for bringing it back to the basics. I've often felt my self employment that supports other businesses is a shade away from the more personal involvement I crave, such as owning my own business or offering a service directly as opposed to managing it for others.

And there are people who love selling and would be happy to put it out there. Where could you find one to partner with? Do you know anyone already who it might be, or who could be a connection to someone who would?

Yes, some family members in fact :)

Thank you, Osamenor:smile:

waterglow

hope inputs help pick and reflect, do share pointwise feedbacks :

asc lord mars gemini 2nd, sat-mars-separative node gemini, information technology, mechatronics;
hyper-analytical, entrepreneurial, hard work, stress-struggle, earnings through own efforts;
mars elevated aspect cap 10th supportive of success in career-recognition.

Yes detail-oriented and analytical mind. Appreciate acknowledgement for efforts at work. The aspect of IT that I enjoy is more the social media management I do, creative communication. Right now, I also work with corporate vendor data systems and they are way too dense for me (and constantly changing so difficult to keep up with).

sun aries 12th, admin aptitude; sun debilated aspect libra 6th for employment-health-services;

moon leo 5th again high self-pride and public-admin aptitude;

venus lord 7th for marriage-business over acq 11th, venus lord first over 11th for gains;
acq inimical-malefic for aries asc, while reformist, innovative, scientific;
stress-delay in income-gains-friendships-relationship;
gains from spouse and business partners/business but under stress-delay;
and gains through arts, dance, electronics, etc;

Will have to research more.

sat lord 10/11 over 3rd gemini, good for initiative-progress, communication technology;
cap 10th ambitious-hardworking;

Yes, hard-working and always gain added responsibilities in work positions. I do enjoy networking with community, organizations, groups. Email, text, social media, all tools I use at work.

9th lord jup-mer pisces 11th, mer debilated, emotional, slow comprehension;
jup own pisces, debilation of mer cancelled, gradual growth in income-gains-friendships;
mer elevated aspect virgo 5th for luck-edu-romance-children-position;

jup-mer pisces aptitude for poetry; jup-mer 11th gains through elders,
consultancy, advisory-teaching-organisation dev roles;

I enjoy writing, journaling, some poetry. Feel a connection to elders. Consulting, advisory, teaching appeals - clarity on subject matter to channel this needed.

rahu north node sag 8th, hyper-impulsive, prone to toxic urological issues;
sat-mars and rahu opp, rise-fall in life, calling for ancestor worship;
observe fast No-moon evenings, taking milk-fruits;

ketu separative node past 1.5yr transit jup-mer pisces 11th,
now transit venus inimical acq 11th,
detachment from income-gains-friendships-relationship;
pain-injury-surgery lower legs-feet-liver-arms-shoulders-ears etc;
ketu transit 10th house seeking career-job change/separation;
prayers to Christ, offer red flowers thurs mornings;

Enjoy doing ancestral healing work. Recently discomfort in liver, lots of neck, shoulder pain, headaches; seeking job/career change.

rahu north node now transit moon-leo 5th, clouding the mind;
toxic heart-stomach-lung issues etc;
light camphor at the alter at home daily morning;

sat past 2.5yrs transit sag, opp sat-mars gemini 2nd,
family-finances-health-luck-edu-travels-father under stress;

inimical sat now transit own cap 10th, career under stress-delay;
sat 10th tending to fall in career towards last phase of the transit after 2yrs;
sat cap elevated aspect libra 6th for health-employment;
observe fast sat evenings, taking milk-fruits;

Yes - career under stress, past 6 months heightened. Building finances but unhappy with certain circumstances. Health/sleep affected. Not as much quality time for friends and family past year due to work.

9th lord for luck jup now transit scorpio 7th for research-occult aptitudes,
jup trine aspect jup-mer pisces 12th for gains through consultancy-teaching;
and trine elevated aspect cancer 4th for domestic comforts-property;
prayers to saint of your faith, offer yellow flowers thurs evenings at the alter at home,
wear yellow sapphire and green emerald over pendant touching heart;

Research-occult - I've returned to astrology and intuitive means to move through this time, considering as possible career to offer assistance to others, enjoy teaching, like the idea of consulting. I have actually been feeling like this year I may buy my own home for the first time. That is for consideration in career change

Thank you very much for this, I will be curious what opportunities and internal motivation comes about to move me forward with some of these changes and I will need to keep myself healthy along the way!

Osamenor

Staff member
I've always thought of my Grand Air Trine as the mental/creative force that channels ideas and haven't focused as much on the communication delivery componant - I will consider this more, thanks!

You also have a grand fire trine. Fire is creative energy; air is ideas. Both trines are likely to give you lots of creative ideas. What you need is something to give them form and substance, and that something has to come from outside yourself: other people, your environment, something you can connect to. Since you lack earth in your chart, you yourself have little or no capacity to ground your ideas and make them appear in the real world. But you could do so with help.

While you have no planets in earth signs, you do have a couple of crucial points in earth: MC in Capricorn and Part of Fortune in Virgo. The fifth house placement of your POF suggests that your fortune and prosperity come from doing what you enjoy, turning your hobby into your work. Virgo indicates craft, work that benefits others--either directly or indirectly--and that gives you a sense of competence, pride in sharing your skill.

The fifth house is also part of the western hemisphere, which is the "others" side of the chart. Perhaps you can find a way to make your fortune through people you meet through your hobbies. Maybe that's your client base. Maybe that's where you find people who can help you market yourself.

david starling

You need to simplify your life. Best choice would be your creative and healing arts, including travel. IF you can free yourself from the 9 to 5! Any people to personally provide encouragement for expanding your own business?

waterglow

You also have a grand fire trine. Fire is creative energy; air is ideas. Both trines are likely to give you lots of creative ideas. What you need is something to give them form and substance, and that something has to come from outside yourself: other people, your environment, something you can connect to. Since you lack earth in your chart, you yourself have little or no capacity to ground your ideas and make them appear in the real world. But you could do so with help.

I agree, something to give the grand trines form and substance is needed - coming from outside myself: other people, my environment, something I can connect to. I would consider this needing an invitation to channel it through. One example for me was, I had been trained at Master level in Reiki for many years, using it only on self, friends, family, pets. I received an invitiation from a practitioner I went to see to join their Reiki group to provide sessions for the public. I was a little hesitant, then through a class I took I met several of the other practitioners and they too invited me to join. Then I joined, for 3 yrs, it was a great experience and I made some wonderful friends doing meaningful work!

How do other folks lacking earth signs navigate the manifestation of ideas?

While you have no planets in earth signs, you do have a couple of crucial points in earth: MC in Capricorn and Part of Fortune in Virgo. The fifth house placement of your POF suggests that your fortune and prosperity come from doing what you enjoy, turning your hobby into your work. Virgo indicates craft, work that benefits others--either directly or indirectly--and that gives you a sense of competence, pride in sharing your skill.

This is what I am open to exploring!

The fifth house is also part of the western hemisphere, which is the "others" side of the chart. Perhaps you can find a way to make your fortune through people you meet through your hobbies. Maybe that's your client base. Maybe that's where you find people who can help you market yourself.

Quite possible, sounds like a nice progression of events to me, thank you! The goal is to make a great living doing what I love.

waterglow

You need to simplify your life. Best choice would be your creative and healing arts, including travel. IF you can free yourself from the 9 to 5! Any people to personally provide encouragement for expanding your own business?

True, simplify I must! I would love to move into the creative and healing arts more and soon, trying to figure out the bridge there - balancing time and efforts with practical needs of bringing in income. I would love to travel abroad for work, at a sustainable rate such as 2x/yr to incredibly beautiful places. :smile:

*On the travel note, I just remembered a vision I received during a shamanic journey years ago - I was in a large room and many people were sitting on the floor and I was one of the facilitators acting as a guide. We were going somewhere together but I couldn't see out the windows to find out where - as though we were in some vessel. I came out of the journey with a sense of purpose to "guide".

Shortly after that I came across a flyer looking for volunteer guides taking youth around the local arboretum. I took that as an opportunity related to my journey. I volunteered for 6 months and that put me on course to nearly a decade of working in education with chidren and young adults. Later I briefly worked PT as a travel liaison for a small company (friend owned) that lead yoga trips across India, Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan (the company dissolved shortly after due to 9/11). About 6 years ago or so I attempted to put together a tour headed to Central America and had people starting to sign up but the person I was collaborating with backed out. They played a critical role in guiding the trip so I tabled that project. Perhaps I will revisit it when it is more my thing.

The international travel element is there - I studied multicultural education and anthrolopology in college - and I long to see and experience the world more. I look at my NN in Sag and wonder when I get to go! ;)

Thank you for your insight!

Last edited: