Strongest signs

aquarius7000

So true about problems with too much fixed. Also, there can be problems different in nature, but to the same degree, with too much mutable.

Ideally we want cardinal, fixed acting cooperatively and skillfully so we can start, sustain and let go as needed.
I wasn't trying to say that mutable are stronger than fixed. I was only showing that fixed is not necessarily a sign of strength - depending on the situation. In the same breath, mutable also cannot be the strongest. And, in the same breath can cardinal also not be the strongest because the cardinal quality is known mainly for taking action, for initiating things. However, alone that quality also does not make Aries or Capricorn the strongest. Because that would reduce the definition of strongest here to initiating things. If that is what the title of this thread was implying, then certainly the cardinal signs are the strongest.

I really think that the most sensible way to look at this is that each sign is strongest at what it does best - in a 'pure' (or to use your adverb/ "sheer") way - without considering the influence of other constellations and placements in the chart.

So the sign of Libra will be strongest at balancing things and relating to people.
Cancer, because of the Moon, will be able to express its emotions the best and nurture the best. To some that is strength.

And so on...

IleneK

Premium Member
I do suppose it all depends, as member mentioned earlier in this thread, on how one defines strength.
By your definition, I certainly agree with all you say.
Thank you for the discourse.
Warm regards,
Ilene

CapAquaPis

Can you please explain how Saturn and Mars ruled signs can be "psychic"?

Thanks

They are also ruled by Pluto (esp Scorpio, also Aries) and Uranus (Aquarius, then Capricorn). Uranus is exalted in Scorpio and Pluto is exalted in Capricorn. And the Sun exalted in Aquarius, but also in Aries.

aquarius7000

They are also ruled by Pluto (esp Scorpio, also Aries) and Uranus (Aquarius, then Capricorn). Uranus is exalted in Scorpio and Pluto is exalted in Capricorn. And the Sun exalted in Aquarius, but also in Aries.
Please, CapAquaPis, I can understand that you are a modern astrologer, but modern Astrology has no concept of "exaltations". I am not sure you really understand the word even. How can the Sun be exalted in Aquarius? You do understand that when a planet that rules a sign, Sun rules Leo, it is always in detriment in the opposite sign, so Sun is in detriment in Aquarius.

Perhaps being a modern astrologer, to some, means that follow absolutely no rules and also no logic at all? I am not trying to offend anyone here, but it is sad to see how people just pick up a planet and forcefully (or rather conveniently) fit is somewhere without much logic or justification. Just sad because this is hardly astrology even anymore.

love-thinking

In the zodiac, there are 3 levels of strength, energy and power. The middle stage: Pisces, Aries and Taurus. The lower tier: Cancer, Leo and Virgo. And the strongest level: Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn. In between levels are equal wavelength (air signs): Gemini, Libra and Aquarius, which is my sun and moon sign - and my sign group doesn't like to put signs below or above us (or anyone else), an egalitarian genderfluid neutral sign ruled by Uranus.

Signs with the most physical strength, amount of anger or emotions, and what can be construed as "masculine" (destructive) and "feminine" (creative) forces. Aries, virgo and Scorpio fits the bill on cosmic or universal "alpha and omega", esp Aries is sex (ruled by Mars), virgo is birth (the first age of the procession now going to Aquarius) and scorpio is death (Pluto is the ultimate malefic planet). Pisces=psychic powers, Leo=emotional intelligence, and Capricorn=planning and "weeding" - yet not too strong. And "somewhat stronger, but not weak" Taurus is prone to anger while ruled by Venus (so is Libra), Cancer nurtures while the Moon is feminine and maternal, and pretty strong Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter is spiritual guidance and leadership.

And what about the air signs? Gemini is great in athletic ability and business management. Aquarius is about scientific advancement and political reform. And not sure what to call Libra, they are the scales - about the balance of yin and yang - middle point of the astrological calendar year. If Scorpio is the "strongest" vs. Leo "weakest", btw, are fixed signs, where does exactly the bull Taurus stand? Scorpio's opposite. And yes, my Aquarius is a fixed sign.

Fixed signs and fire signs. I would say the four strongest signs are Leo, Scorpio, Taurus, and Aries.

Leos are the lion kings of the zodiac which are at the or one of the top of the animal hierarchy in the jungle. If leos are bad people, they are extremely intimidating. This is anecdotal evidence but I have seen leos making people extremely uneasy and afraid. They are a fire sign and as such, they can be very angry but they are also very prideful, selfish and overconfident. Their overconfidence if it is expressed through manipulative means can make anybody do or believe whatever it is that they want.

Scorpio is the only sign I have ever seen that can match up or compete with a leo. This is because a scorpios psychological insights can push leos over the edge and destabalize them. I have noticed that scorpios if they don't do anything radical like beat up their spouse, they get more respect than anybody else in the zodiac. People really like them. However, scorpios tend to be outshined and outled by leos and usually they don't really care for the spotlight so they willingly accept this.

Tauruses are very emotionally strong. They can go through a lot of pain but they're very loyal, have a lot of patience and are willing to stick till the end. They are like a rock, and they'll be a foundation for you to fall back on. They're very protective over friends and family members and will be there for you and check up on you from time to time. I've seen tauruses have the patience to work very very hard; juggling a job, long hours of study, no free time and still not being agitated. However, if you ever prove to be "full of ****," they will stubbornly cut you out after making you witness their bout of anger. They are good at the silent treatment. But they'll forgive you if they think you're not a malicious person.

Taurus and scorpio are similar. Tauruses are just more simple and practical than the scorpio and will not infect you with psychological BS.

Aries is strong because they possess ambition, physical strength and vitality. They are also a cardinal sign which makes them have the ability to create and achieve things that the fixed signs don't always posses. But usually I would define fixedness as stronger because of the radical nature of where they are standing. They're very passionate about where they stand.

But I would say in terms of strength.

1. Scorpio (the ruthless warrior seeking revenge that has nothing to lose)
2. Leo (the King)
3. Taurus (Farmer that protects family. Paesant but family comes first and will do anything and everything to protect loved ones. I chose taurus because his sense of protectiveness is not materially or ego-based. They are the providers of their family, of their herd. )
4. Aries (Knight)
5. Aquarius (The vissionary, hacker teen, can overthrow system with intelligence, they can be arguably the strongest. However they have little to no effect if no revolution is needed.)
6. Capricorn (Hardworking manager father)
7. Sagitarius (The traveller, fire sign but also inambitious mutable sign that hates responsibilities and hates getting down and dirty)
8. Cancer (The mother, housewife but still a cardinal sign making it ambitious and they also have emotional power)
9. Libra (The lawyer, diplomat, will fight for justice but way too a part of the system, too indecisive, too pleasing to fight)
10. Gemini (the child)
11. Virgo (critic that is very swayed by the patterns of the system, often lacking a personality of its own. So will rarely affect the system)
12. Pisces (old wise man, passifist, escapist, drug addict) This can also belong with number nine with libra or even number 6, if it is a passifist fighting for a cause. However, very often because they have way too much empathy and have an easier time opting out of reality(through drugs and imagination) they usually don't fight people. Also since they are a water and mutable sign, they can merge with other people's feelings and perceptions because they are way too empathetic. That is why they are also very easy to manipulate.

However, pisces is also the least likely sign to pick the wrong side but will bear pain projected on to them.
However, pisces is the wisest of all the signs and probably will escape the physical world much sooner than any of us will.

Also, I define strength in the terms of how much you can affect and influence people, how ruthless and individualistic you are, how sure you are of yourself.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Before I saw the above post I thought of this so I will write it anyway.
I associate strength with intelligence and everyone will have their strength and weakness. There is also no need to look anywhere else other than the planets because...

The planets are symbols of different type of strength or intelligence!

sun - ego
moon - emotion
mercury - mind
venus - heart
mars - physical
jupiter - spiritual

lets see the outers

Saturn - structure
Uranus - change
Neptune - compassion
pluto - passion

wow :)

they are not always good

sun - too proud
moon - too emotional
mercury - too logical
venus - too peace loving
mars - too angry
Jupiter - too big? lol

the outers

Saturn - too strict
Uranus - too unpredictable
Neptune - too soft
pluto - too selfish

if I were to compare the moon to mars I would see one as weak and one as strong but who is comparing?

example

Saturn - too predictable

Neptune - too nice
Pluto - too cruel

Last edited:

david starling

Strength is being able to serve others without sacrificing yourself. It's also about having power in reserve, without using it to harm others. I nominate Virgo as one of the strongest.

Ukpoohbear

Strength is being able to serve others without sacrificing yourself.

wow very wise I love that

also you are pisces dominant? so are you saying virgo is strongest because you are so spiritual (Jupiter) or too compassionate (Neptune) to be negative about somebody and so you are negative about yourself instead?

you are one of the strongest people on here I have observed in my opinion :love:

katydid

Virgo is vastly underestimated, due to its innate humility and wisdom. [IMO]

I agree. My aunt, a kind and humble double Virgo, was the power behind the throne in her 50 year marriage. Her Leo husband was the CEO of his business and he could never have attained that level of success without her.

He was the public face of their real estate business and she was the brains and the hard worker behind the scenes. She kept the books, made most of the business decisions, did the hiring and firing and made final decisions upon which properties they bought and sold, for themselves. :innocent:

aquarius7000

...There is also no need to look anywhere else other than the planets because...

sun - ego
moon - emotion
mercury - mind
venus - heart
mars - physical
jupiter - spiritual
Finally, something that goes beyond randomly cherry picking 1 or 2 or 4 planets, or fixed or cardinal planets and calling them strong per one's own definition of strength.

I agree completely that "There is also no need to look anywhere else other than the planets because...

The planets are symbols of different type of strength"

Each planet is assigned a role/ roles in astrology depending on their elemental qualities - meaning whether they are hot and dry (fire signs), or cold and dry (earth signs), etc. That is what is necessary to understand where a planet gets its strength from and how it translates those properties/qualities when it rules a sign(s). For that, one needs to do some reading and understanding before jumping to conclusions about...

Leo - a fire sign - is ruled by the Sun - hot and dry. Fire's nature is to expend energy and expand. If you look at the fire signs, that is common to all: Aries, Leo and Sag. They do it though for different things.

Therefore, sticking to the example of Leo, it is known for being magnanimous and giving full of life (as is the Sun), for its warmth and being larger-than-life in what it does or desires, for being confident (in a positive way), etc. So - that becomes the strength(s) of Leo. Now, of course, if it overdoes anything, the energy becomes negative and confidence or healthy ego/self-respect may turn into arrogance, etc.

I do not see outer planets as rulers of any sign whatsoever because they are too impersonal to me and absolutely do not fit into the table of dignities, which I adhere to.

I do not wish to irritate anyone here, but I will strongly suggest to pick up a good traditional astrology book - just to get a solid foundation in astrology - with sound reasoning - instead of learning astrology from posts that say - Uranus most certainly rules Aquarius (without substantial sensible reasoning). You can still choose to believe that Uranus rules Aquarius because it was discovered and so (desperately or rightfully)must be assigned to some sign, but at least you have decided to do that after studying the other side of the coin, too, and why some stick to Saturn still as the ruler of Aquarius - does not sound too foreign to you.

CapAquaPis

Please, CapAquaPis, I can understand that you are a modern astrologer, but modern Astrology has no concept of "exaltations". I am not sure you really understand the word even. How can the Sun be exalted in Aquarius? You do understand that when a planet that rules a sign, Sun rules Leo, it is always in detriment in the opposite sign, so Sun is in detriment in Aquarius.

Perhaps being a modern astrologer, to some, means that follow absolutely no rules and also no logic at all? I am not trying to offend anyone here, but it is sad to see how people just pick up a planet and forcefully (or rather conveniently) fit is somewhere without much logic or justification. Just sad because this is hardly astrology even anymore.

There can be a ruler, co-ruler and influence for each sign, including addition of newly discovered planets (Chiron and Lilith aren't really planets, but are used in astrology, esp. modern and revised modern, which I'm using here). The True Node is clearly not a planet, but has use in astrological readings.

Aries: Mars, Pluto, Sun (or True Node).
Taurus: Venus, Ceres, Mercury (or Moon).
Gemini: Mercury, Eris, Ceres (or Pluto).
Cancer: Moon, Ceres, Sun (or Neptune).
Leo: Sun, Mars, Moon (or Uranus).
Virgo: Mercury, Ceres, Jupiter (or Moon).
Libra: Venus, Saturn, Eris (or True Node).
Scorpio: Pluto, Mars, Uranus (or Lilith).
Sagittarius: Jupiter, Neptune, Chiron (or Lilith).
Capricorn: Saturn, Uranus, Pluto (or Moon).
Aquarius: Uranus, Saturn, Eris (or Sun).
Pisces: Neptune, Jupiter, Sedna (or Mercury).

In traditional, exaltation (or detrimental) planets for each signs are:
Aries: Venus, Taurus: Mars, Gemini: Jupiter, Cancer: Saturn, Leo: Saturn, Virgo: Jupiter, Libra: Mars, Scorpio: Venus, Sagittarius: Mercury, Capricorn: Moon, Aquarius: Sun, Pisces: Mercury.

Revision of this list means Taurus: Pluto (or Chiron - importance to Scorpio), Leo: Uranus, Virgo: Neptune.

CapAquaPis

Before I saw the above post I thought of this so I will write it anyway.
I associate strength with intelligence and everyone will have their strength and weakness. There is also no need to look anywhere else other than the planets because...

sun - ego
moon - emotion
mercury - mind
venus - heart
mars - physical
jupiter - spiritual

lets see the outers

Saturn - structure
Uranus - change
Neptune - compassion
pluto - passion

wow :)

they are not always good

sun - too proud
moon - too emotional
mercury - too logical
venus - too peace loving
mars - too angry
Jupiter - too big? lol

the outers

Saturn - too strict
Neptune - too soft
pluto - too selfish

if I were to compare the moon to mars I would see one as weak and one as strong but who is comparing?

example

Saturn - too predictable

Neptune - too nice
Pluto - too cruel

For the newly discovered "planets" in revised Modern astrology - the True Node not being a planet at all:

Chiron - healing, Lilith - risk, Ceres - harvest, Eris - discord, Sedna - psyche. True Node - reason.

Chiron - too beneficial, Lilith - too dangerous, Ceres - too nurturing, Eris - too risky, Sedna - too focused. True Node - too neutral.

Chiron - to help, Lilith - to harm, Ceres - to grow, Eris - to prosper, and Sedna - to envision. True Node - to balance.

Although not signs of the zodiac (the sun doesn't touch the constellation on the ecliptic), the parazodiacs which can affect natal and horary charts in some people:
Cetus: Sedna (between Pisces and Aries) - the whale's mind, Ophiuchus: Chiron (between Scorpio and Sagittarius) - the snake handler, Orion: Lilith (between Taurus and Gemini) - the hunter, Sextans: Eris (between Cancer and Leo) - the projector, Hydra's tail or pre-1930 Orpheus: Ceres (between Virgo and Libra) - the gatherer. I can safely say Aquila is True Node (between Capricorn and Aquarius) - the eagle's flight.

Ukpoohbear

I also noticed that

ego and emotion are opposites and come after one another with sun and moon

mind and heart are opposites and come together with mercury and venus.

physical and spiritual opposites and after the other with mars and Jupiter

the symmetry!!

Last edited:

aquarius7000

There can be a ruler, co-ruler and influence for each sign, including addition of newly discovered planets (Chiron and Lilith aren't really planets, but are used in astrology, esp. modern and revised modern, which I'm using here). The True Node is clearly not a planet, but has use in astrological readings.
Yes, that sounds like really 'modern' astrology. Thankfully though, some modern astrologers have deeper knowledge.

Where was it said that the Node does not affect a native? Can you point out, please? In fact, long before the likes of Ura, Nep, Plu were even known to the human eye and mind, the Nodes were being used in Vedic Astrology in India for centuries. However, I will say that from my own personal observations of many years, the likes of Lilith are useless. Also, every possible event/personal characteristic can be seen/understood using the mainstream (traditional) planets and the Nodes alone. However, in comparison, if the mainstream planets are not used, and only the likes of Lilith and Ceres, you probably won’t be able to explain anything. If the foundation is strong, no need for the extra frills. Better to be a master of the mainstream stuff and have a strong foundation than Jack of 100 stars and points, but without even the basic knowledge.

Aries: Mars, Pluto, Sun (or True Node).
Taurus: Venus, Ceres, Mercury (or Moon).
Gemini: Mercury, Eris, Ceres (or Pluto).
Cancer: Moon, Ceres, Sun (or Neptune).
Leo: Sun, Mars, Moon (or Uranus).
Virgo: Mercury, Ceres, Jupiter (or Moon).
Libra: Venus, Saturn, Eris (or True Node).
Scorpio: Pluto, Mars, Uranus (or Lilith).
Sagittarius: Jupiter, Neptune, Chiron (or Lilith).
Capricorn: Saturn, Uranus, Pluto (or Moon).
Aquarius: Uranus, Saturn, Eris (or Sun).
Pisces: Neptune, Jupiter, Sedna (or Mercury).
So, per the above, now a sign has 3 to 4 rulers? Wow, so basically something will always work in order to make a point. Interesting.

I would like to educate myself further, too, so hopefully you can help by providing some sound reasoning. For instance, how do Moon and Uranus out of all the planets rule Leo (scratching my head real hard)? How does Pluto rule Capricorn? What is the justification of the Sun (which is actually in detriment in Aquarius) ruling Aquarius? :sad::sad::sad:
For now, I will not bother with the comparatively smaller stuff like Eris and Ceres, which in any case has never made any sense to me.

I am sure soon I will read on some thread that Leo is not ruled by the Sun at all, but probably by Ceres, Eris, and umm Neptune perhaps.

Last edited:

david starling

With Triplicity rulers for the Element groups, and sect distinctions among those, non-modern Astrology has complications of its own. But I do prefer actual patterns to explain rulership.

Abby83

Strength is being able to serve others without sacrificing yourself. It's also about having power in reserve, without using it to harm others. I nominate Virgo as one of the strongest.

Virgo is weak. They’re always over stressed and have lots of health problems making it more difficult to function.