Saturn conjunct Moon and Depression

Carol Ann

I have transiting Saturn conjunct my natal moon in Sagittarius (third house) coming up from January 2017 and I'm alarmed to read everywhere that this is associated with depression, particularly I'm just emerging from a low period as it is. Surely there must be greater potential here, but I haven't found any articles suggesting how to deal with this in a positive way. Can anyone help?

david starling

I have transiting Saturn conjunct my natal moon in Sagittarius (third house) coming up from January 2017 and I'm alarmed to read everywhere that this is associated with depression, particularly I'm just emerging from a low period as it is. Surely there must be greater potential here, but I haven't found any articles suggesting how to deal with this in a positive way. Can anyone help?

What will be Transiting-Saturn's Aspects to your Natal Jupiter and Saturn?

waybread

I think this meaning is fair enough.

But I believe in a choice-centered astrology, where we can implement more positive meanings consistent with these planets.

moon: your emotional nature, but also your home, food/stomach, and experience of your mother

Saturn: giving structure, self-discipline, maturity, reality-check.

A sign tells us how a planet operates. In Sagittarius, with faith in our future and a desire to expand our mental horizons.

A house tells us the domain of life in which a planet operates. The third house rules siblings, neighbours, one's neighbourhood, communication, and thinking. If your moon is within a few degrees of your IC, you might best treat it as in the 4th house of home, one's early childhood conditioning, ancestry, and sometimes a homeland.

See if you can put together these puzzle-pieces and develop a project that integrates them and pulls them together.

Then look at how your natal moon is aspected. Look for planetary helpers (trined, sextiled) and challengers (squares, oppositions) as Saturn will be pinging on them, as well.

Does anything come to mind?

If not, posting your natal chart will help us with suggestions.

AppLeo

Saturn conjunct the Moon is a rather harsh aspect, but there's a positive and negative to everything. At least with this transit you won't be overly emotional and more rational with your emotions.

aldebaran

I have Saturn in capricorn(house 3) in parallel with Moon in Aquarius (house 4) in my birth chart.

I believe it makes the person to see it's own emotions as something they have to "hold" because of a higher purpose. The person associates responsability with the emotions, basically the person fears that emotions could prejudice her in something serious and important that she's doing.

It's a person that tend to see life seriously and thinks emotion is a risk of causing bad things to happen - so the person has to "hold" emotions, and this holding is like a "tool" for making things better.

The person also gets more emotional about responsabilities and serious things, it affects the person emotionally, in a serious way, that can sometimes be stressful.

If you'll have it in transit, I suppose people around you will find you wirdly "resistant" to show emotions on difficult situations. You'll be able to "hold" them in an unusual manner for you.
You will be able still to have light and nice emotions on "easy" moments of life. But when a more difficult moment comes, you'll not cry, your first instinct will be of "holding seriously" the emotions.
Or perhaps not so seriously, but with patience - another atribut of Saturn.

Timmytwothumbs

I have moon 17 pisces conj Saturn 21 pisces.
It squares Jupiter Rx at 14 sag.
And opposes Chiron at 20 virgo.
I guess I understand what depression means. But I would never say I'm depressed. Saturn conjunction isn't bad or depressing. It can be hard work and stressful. But it takes a lot of stress to create diamonds. And Saturn molds diamonds. Either you fold under the pressure or you push through it and come out stronger.

muchacho

Typically you will feel drawn to introspection and self-examination and need more time alone. So naturally, your relationships will be somewhat affected. But it doesn't have to lead to loneliness or depression. If you are naturally a happy camper, you may just be more serious than usual. And after you've done some emotional house cleaning, you will get out of this transit a lot lighter, balanced and stable.

muchacho

Since that was a Kali Yuga perspective, maybe not as bad now?
Hehe. Who knows? No, it's not necessarily bad. In some cases, it's quite good. Some people have won presidencies and Oscars during that period. It all depends how well Saturn is doing in those particular houses. But that requires working with some advanced techniques that are not known in western astrology, it's called Ashtakavarga.

david starling

Vyri, Carol Ann posted this a year ago, when Saturn was transiting Sagittarius. It would be interesting to know how it affected her, but she may no longer be actively participating in the Community.