Are my desires alligned with my chart?

Lykanized

I'm very new to astrology. An ex friend introduced me to it a few months ago and I've been reading all I can about my chart here and there. I'm slightly obsessed, but there's always something new to learn and wrap my mind around and I haven't quite gotten there yet

I'm the kinda person who loves self exploration. I love exploration in general, but self exploration is a huge thing for me because I'm very focused on spiritual growth and I also have a lot of big desires in life. For one, I want to be a writer. I can't find myself able to be fit into the typical 9-5 routine lifestyle. A part of me wishes I could because I honestly, truly just can't do routine and sometimes it would be favorable for me to be able to work in a more orderly or conventional fashion. The other thing is that I want to travel. I don't want to just do a little travel here and there, but I want to see and experience all I can of the world around me. I want to see, experience, feel everything I can in life in general, the good and the bad. And in return, I want to create in every way I can. But I've always been most drawn to writing

I'm also the kinda person who gets caught up in selfdoubt and questioning. Life has been a huge uphill battle with mental health issues, substance abuse, horribly low selfesteem. I've fought through these and continue to and I know I have a lot more work ahead of me. I could never settle for an ordinary life living close to home with a conventional job not engaging my passions whatsoever. I just can't do it. That passion drives me through my weaknesses and demons, yet...along the way selfdoubt still plagues me. A part of me feels a sense of great purpose and desire and lust for life, the other part of me wants to hide because I don't know if I'm worthy of such beauty

I suppose I would love an astrological perspective. I'm concerned with the fact I have my South Node in my 10th house which would seem to indicate I have to reach past a sense of wanting to advance my career and instead gravitate toward a sense of tending to more close to home issues. Is that true? Then again, my North Node is also in Sagittarius which I've read is a sign that loves travel and expansion of the self whereas my Gemini South Node is more flighty and gets on in life more on whit than depth of self or knowledge. Again, I'm new so I don't know if any of this is correct

I also don't know anything at all about progression

I constantly look at the authenticity and base of my desires in life to check that they're pure. I can't deny that my desires to be a writer are somewhat rooted in my ego, but on a much higher note, I really want to offer something to the world, to people. I want to change things for people and help move at least as many people as I can reach to a sense of unity with others. I want to help people develop spiritually(I don't mean religiously, btw, I mean more like developing mentally/emotionally) and transform as all art is supposed to do. I want to help as many people as I can but also help them see that though we're all different and are meant to travel a different path, we're all united in basic fears and needs. I also can't deny that there's a power aspect here and at my darkest times, I've sunk into feelings of rejection and thus I have rejected others in return. When I've rejected the external world, I've grown a sense of disdain for any type of control put on me or really any kind of order or way of doing things that didn't fit with my desires. I've grown angry and selfindulgent...indulgent in my emotions, fantasy world, and mind. And as a result, I've become, in those times, arrogant with a desire to shake things up for people and show them 'the truth' as if I was some prophet who saw what others couldn't. 'The truth' was a dark one rooted in death

But I've grown a lot since then. That was a few year period in which I was also very depressed and immobile spiritually and emotionally speaking. I was deeply in pain and I hated myself right to the core. I was really searching for life through obsession with death and I realized death is what gives life meaning and through that, I started embracing my pure desires, my love for people, my love for myself, what moved me, what made me overwhelm with sheer desire for life and living. I started gravitating from a purely egodriven desire to 'shake things up' for people to a desire to help people transform just as I was trying to do for myself, using my experiences in life for good, turning destructive forces into creative ones, exorcising my power not over people, but over my own emotion. My emotions are very strong and for better or for worse, they've always driven me through my life. For a while, I let them do what they pleased, but I've come to embrace power over myself in my spiritual journey

At times in life, I would've been happy to just live alone and write all day and share it with maybe a few people. But that was because I didn't feel worthy of other people either. I have a deep need to connect intimately with people and that's another drive of mine in sharing my art. I want to connect

I suppose I'm kinda rambling. I have a tendency to do that, but my point is I'm just wondering if my desires for creativity, travel, self expansion and transformation, and helping transform society to at least a small degree are in light with my chart. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. I also have 5 retrograde planets which I've read various things about. It seems that with retrograde planets, we have to find our individual way to harness the drives of these planetary energies and so it's typical for us to have a hard time in the first phase of life but to find success later in life as we develop ourselves and harness those energies for ourselves. I've read other things that say they're more individualized and introverted in expression, taking longer to express themselves, but expressing themselves in a deep and moving way when they do express themselves

Any insight would help. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 12.10.48 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 12.10.48 AM.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 40

JUPITERASC

I'm very new to astrology. An ex friend introduced me to it a few months ago and I've been reading all I can about my chart here and there. I'm slightly obsessed, but there's always something new to learn and wrap my mind around and I haven't quite gotten there yet

I'm the kinda person who loves self exploration. I love exploration in general, but self exploration is a huge thing for me because I'm very focused on spiritual growth and I also have a lot of big desires in life. For one, I want to be a writer. I can't find myself able to be fit into the typical 9-5 routine lifestyle. A part of me wishes I could because I honestly, truly just can't do routine and sometimes it would be favorable for me to be able to work in a more orderly or conventional fashion. The other thing is that I want to travel. I don't want to just do a little travel here and there, but I want to see and experience all I can of the world around me. I want to see, experience, feel everything I can in life in general, the good and the bad. And in return, I want to create in every way I can. But I've always been most drawn to writing

I'm also the kinda person who gets caught up in selfdoubt and questioning. Life has been a huge uphill battle with mental health issues, substance abuse, horribly low selfesteem. I've fought through these and continue to and I know I have a lot more work ahead of me. I could never settle for an ordinary life living close to home with a conventional job not engaging my passions whatsoever. I just can't do it. That passion drives me through my weaknesses and demons, yet...along the way selfdoubt still plagues me. A part of me feels a sense of great purpose and desire and lust for life, the other part of me wants to hide because I don't know if I'm worthy of such beauty

I suppose I would love an astrological perspective. I'm concerned with the fact I have my South Node in my 10th house which would seem to indicate I have to reach past a sense of wanting to advance my career and instead gravitate toward a sense of tending to more close to home issues. Is that true? Then again, my North Node is also in Sagittarius which I've read is a sign that loves travel and expansion of the self whereas my Gemini South Node is more flighty and gets on in life more on whit than depth of self or knowledge. Again, I'm new so I don't know if any of this is correct

I also don't know anything at all about progression

I constantly look at the authenticity and base of my desires in life to check that they're pure. I can't deny that my desires to be a writer are somewhat rooted in my ego, but on a much higher note, I really want to offer something to the world, to people. I want to change things for people and help move at least as many people as I can reach to a sense of unity with others. I want to help people develop spiritually(I don't mean religiously, btw, I mean more like developing mentally/emotionally) and transform as all art is supposed to do. I want to help as many people as I can but also help them see that though we're all different and are meant to travel a different path, we're all united in basic fears and needs. I also can't deny that there's a power aspect here and at my darkest times, I've sunk into feelings of rejection and thus I have rejected others in return. When I've rejected the external world, I've grown a sense of disdain for any type of control put on me or really any kind of order or way of doing things that didn't fit with my desires. I've grown angry and selfindulgent...indulgent in my emotions, fantasy world, and mind. And as a result, I've become, in those times, arrogant with a desire to shake things up for people and show them 'the truth' as if I was some prophet who saw what others couldn't. 'The truth' was a dark one rooted in death

But I've grown a lot since then. That was a few year period in which I was also very depressed and immobile spiritually and emotionally speaking. I was deeply in pain and I hated myself right to the core. I was really searching for life through obsession with death and I realized death is what gives life meaning and through that, I started embracing my pure desires, my love for people, my love for myself, what moved me, what made me overwhelm with sheer desire for life and living. I started gravitating from a purely egodriven desire to 'shake things up' for people to a desire to help people transform just as I was trying to do for myself, using my experiences in life for good, turning destructive forces into creative ones, exorcising my power not over people, but over my own emotion. My emotions are very strong and for better or for worse, they've always driven me through my life. For a while, I let them do what they pleased, but I've come to embrace power over myself in my spiritual journey

At times in life, I would've been happy to just live alone and write all day and share it with maybe a few people. But that was because I didn't feel worthy of other people either. I have a deep need to connect intimately with people and that's another drive of mine in sharing my art. I want to connect

I suppose I'm kinda rambling. I have a tendency to do that, but my point is I'm just wondering if my desires for creativity, travel, self expansion and transformation, and helping transform society to at least a small degree are in light with my chart. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. I also have 5 retrograde planets which I've read various things about. It seems that with retrograde planets, we have to find our individual way to harness the drives of these planetary energies and so it's typical for us to have a hard time in the first phase of life but to find success later in life as we develop ourselves and harness those energies for ourselves. I've read other things that say they're more individualized and introverted in expression, taking longer to express themselves, but expressing themselves in a deep and moving way when they do express themselves

Any insight would help. Thank you so much!

LOOKING AT PROGRESSIONS thread
:smile:
at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26827

07-25-2010, 09:23 PM
BobZemco
user_offline.gif

Looking at Progressions
A lot of people seem to have problems understanding progressions. The progressed Planets are nothing more than very very slow moving transits. Progressions are very internal in nature, meaning they're more likely to affect you mentally than physically. That doesn't mean progressions don't affect you physically, they can, for example a Planet progressing into the 6th House or the 6th House Ruler progressing into the 8th or 12th House or into certain aspects with the rulers of the 6th, 8th or 12th Houses can signify an illness.

Progressions are something you do maybe once in your life, and one of the best ways to do that is to write them down. You can use a spread sheet (like I use) or a word processor or write them on a legal pad, or you can use construction paper and crayons, it doesn't really matter. Other than that, all you need is a list of your Planets and the Ascendant and MC, and an ephemeris, which you should buy, but you can also find them online.

An ephemeris will look something like this:

Date............Sun....... Moon..... Mercury...Venus
May 26 1962 04°Ge28' 26°Aq47' 20°Ge23' 03°Cn43'
May 27 1962 05°Ge25' 10°Pi51' 20°Ge22' R 04°Cn55'
May 28 1962 06°Ge23' 25°Pi05' 20°Ge16' 06°Cn07'
May 29 1962 07°Ge21' 09°Ar25' 20°Ge05' 07°Cn19'

The symbolism is "day-for-a-year" so each day after your birthday is one year of your life.

Generally, you want to look at 120 days, which is 120 years of your life. Yes, I know you're not going to live 120 years, but none of you are special. When you die, the Solar System does not grind to a halt; it continues moving. Your chart lives on, even after you die.

There are somethings you might want to know about. Is your Will contested? Does your Estate end up in Probate Court? Does the government seize your Estate? Do your children fight over it? Does your spouse remarry? Maybe you want to comeback and haunt your spouse (or protect your spouse). Do your children marry, divorce, have more children, do your grandchildren marry etc.

Will you receive any awards or accolades, or publish a book? No kidding, a guy in Australia found his grandfather's diary of life in the trenches during World War I. He published it. Guess what? It showed up in the progressions of the grandfather's natal chart.

Here's a snippet from my progressions (sorry the formatting is less than desirable):

Natal .. Position.. Action.. Age.. Date .. ..........Location .. Contact
Venus.. 04°Cn39' Sign .....19 ....Jun 13 1962... 25°Cn14'.. 9th House
Saturn .11°Aq22' Square ..19 ... Jun 13 1962 ...11°Ta17'.. Mars
Neptune 11°Sc29' Opp .....19.... Jun 13 1962 ... 11°Ta17' Mars
Mars 28°Ar29' ...Square ...22 ....Jun 16 1962 .... 28°Cn47' Venus
Uranus 28°Le37' Qu .........22 ....Jun 16 1962..... 28°Cn47' Venus
Venus 04°Cn39' Sign .......23 .....Jun 17 1962..... 29°Cn58' Leo
Mercury 20°Ge22' D ........26...... Jun 20 1962 .....11°Ge52' D Mercury
Mars 28°Ar29' Sextile ......26 ......Jun 20 1962 .....28°Ge23' Sun
Uranus 28°Le37' Sextile ....26 ..... Jun 20 1962 .... 28°Ge23' Sun
Venus 04°Cn39' SSx........ 27 ......Jun 21 1962...... 04°Le41' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Con........... 28 ...... Jun 22 1962 .... 05°Le52' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Sign ..........28 ....... Jun 22 1962..... 00°Cn18' Sign
Jupiter 10°Pi38' SSx ........28....... Jun 22 1962...... 10°Aq38' Saturn
Moon 07°Pi41' Qu ..........29....... Jun 23 1962 ...... 07°Le03' Venus
Pluto 07°Vi32' Con ........29 ...... Jun 23 1962....... 07°Le03' Venus
MC 01°Vi31' Sextile...... 29 ........Jun 23 1962....... 01°Cn15' Sun

All I've done is write out the year in which there is some contact with progressed Planets.

At age 19, my natal Venus progressed to conjunct the 9th House Cusp at 25° Cancer.

How do you interpret that?

The 9th House Cusp is Cancer ruled by my Moon in my natal 4th House. What is the 9th House? Among things, it's long journeys. 4th House is the home.

I left the United States and didn't return for about 10 years.

See? It ain't so hard.

At age 23 my Venus progressed into the Sign of Leo. I got married. Because Venus progressed into Leo? Not entirely. My natal Mercury was Stationary in the natal 7th House, then it went Retrograde and then it went direct at age 26. In reality, I was actually 25 1/2 years old when Mercury went Direct in my 7th House of Relationships.

That is one of the advantages of writing out your progressions. When you see something like that, natal Venus progressed into the 9th House then into the Sign of Leo while Mercury goes Direct, you want to actually do a chart for that time period and then also look at the transits so you can get a sense of the timing (in this case transiting Moon conjunct Ascendant).

When I was 28, natal Sun changed Signs and entered Cancer. Did I become a Cancer? No, but I did take on some of the traits of Cancer. I became more sensitive, very emotional and extremely traditional, plus I took on a few of the negative characteristics, like brooding and being way too cautious, but then I was suffering from PTSD and the effects were starting to manifest themselves in a serious way.

When my Ascendant progressed into Sagittarius, I did not become a Sagittarius, but I did take on a few traits, like being really straightforward, to the point of being very blunt, and also broadminded and quite the procrastinator.

Natal .... Position .. Action ....Age... Date ............ Location .. Contact
Asc...... 20°Sc43' ..Sextile ....90 .... Aug 23 1962 ...20°Vi41' ... Mercury
Sun..... 05°Ge13' .. Sign .......91 .... Aug 24 1962... 00°Vi33' ....Virgo
MC ......01°Vi31' ....Sextile.... 91 .... Aug 24 1962 .. 01°Cn06'... Mars
Sun.... 05°Ge13'.... House .... 92..... Aug 25 1962 .. 01°Vi31' ...10th House
MC ......01°Vi31'..... Con .......92 .... Aug 25 1962... 01°Vi31' ... Sun

There's where I exit stage left. Not because of those particular progressions, mind you, but because of that and other things going on with transits and the Anareta wants to Tango.

The other benefit to writing out your progressions is that if you don't know the houses, signs, elements and natures (and that would be about 80% of you), then you will when you're done. The elements trine, the natures oppose and square, sextiles are always Fire/Air or Earth/Water etc.

I recommend using some of the minor aspects, like the quincunx, semi-sextile and semi-square.

Often in your life you might notice periods where your relationship with your children, spouse, parents, friends, co-workers or supervisors is a little testy and irritating. I guarantee you'll always find a semi-sextile or semi-square there. And the advantage of knowing that in advance is that you can take a "time-out," give yourself a "yellow card," take a different approach or do other things to make your life and everyone else's more pleasant.

Aspect orbs for progressions are 30' to 1° maximum. In addition to aspects, Planets changing Signs, Houses or going Direct or Retrograde are very important to note. For Planets that go Direct or Retrograde, flip ahead in the ephemeris and look to see if any transiting Planets are conjunct that point, because it will be emphasized. The same is true if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the pre-natal eclipses or the last Moon before birth (which will either be a Full Moon or a New Moon).

What if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the same point where there is a transiting Eclipse or New/Full Moon for that month? I don't know, but note it and look at it in detail later. You can ignore Lunar Eclipses after 3 months, but for Solar Eclipses it'll depend on the nature of the Sign (ie 3 months for Cardinal, 6 months for Mutable and 12 months for Fixed).

After you make your list or table, look at past events and see if you can make sense of them. As I said, not everything will manifest itself in a way that you can physically see. Once you get a feel for past events, you can start looking at future events.

Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said, "The science of Astrology is a great secret. It should be guarded with care. This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people. Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently. It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications."
Last edited by wilsontc; 07-26-2010 at 04:16 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BobZemco For This Useful Post: ethertwist (06-15-2013), geminimoon83 (11-13-2012), jkxx74 (08-03-2017), leviathan (12-07-2014), PisceanPallas (07-02-2012), sworm09 (06-18-2013)

Lykanized

I really appreciate all your information!
Do you have a site you recommend to find my progressions? I'm still a little confused about the days and years thing. I used astrotheme and set my secondary positions to December 31, 2018

Does this mean that if the progression date on that chart is August 16, 1993 which is 25 days, it's showing how I'll progress to 25 years of age?

I'd really love someone to read my chart too, idk if you can

LOOKING AT PROGRESSIONS thread
:smile:
at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26827

07-25-2010, 09:23 PM
BobZemco
user_offline.gif

Looking at Progressions
A lot of people seem to have problems understanding progressions. The progressed Planets are nothing more than very very slow moving transits. Progressions are very internal in nature, meaning they're more likely to affect you mentally than physically. That doesn't mean progressions don't affect you physically, they can, for example a Planet progressing into the 6th House or the 6th House Ruler progressing into the 8th or 12th House or into certain aspects with the rulers of the 6th, 8th or 12th Houses can signify an illness.

Progressions are something you do maybe once in your life, and one of the best ways to do that is to write them down. You can use a spread sheet (like I use) or a word processor or write them on a legal pad, or you can use construction paper and crayons, it doesn't really matter. Other than that, all you need is a list of your Planets and the Ascendant and MC, and an ephemeris, which you should buy, but you can also find them online.

An ephemeris will look something like this:

Date............Sun....... Moon..... Mercury...Venus
May 26 1962 04°Ge28' 26°Aq47' 20°Ge23' 03°Cn43'
May 27 1962 05°Ge25' 10°Pi51' 20°Ge22' R 04°Cn55'
May 28 1962 06°Ge23' 25°Pi05' 20°Ge16' 06°Cn07'
May 29 1962 07°Ge21' 09°Ar25' 20°Ge05' 07°Cn19'

The symbolism is "day-for-a-year" so each day after your birthday is one year of your life.

Generally, you want to look at 120 days, which is 120 years of your life. Yes, I know you're not going to live 120 years, but none of you are special. When you die, the Solar System does not grind to a halt; it continues moving. Your chart lives on, even after you die.

There are somethings you might want to know about. Is your Will contested? Does your Estate end up in Probate Court? Does the government seize your Estate? Do your children fight over it? Does your spouse remarry? Maybe you want to comeback and haunt your spouse (or protect your spouse). Do your children marry, divorce, have more children, do your grandchildren marry etc.

Will you receive any awards or accolades, or publish a book? No kidding, a guy in Australia found his grandfather's diary of life in the trenches during World War I. He published it. Guess what? It showed up in the progressions of the grandfather's natal chart.

Here's a snippet from my progressions (sorry the formatting is less than desirable):

Natal .. Position.. Action.. Age.. Date .. ..........Location .. Contact
Venus.. 04°Cn39' Sign .....19 ....Jun 13 1962... 25°Cn14'.. 9th House
Saturn .11°Aq22' Square ..19 ... Jun 13 1962 ...11°Ta17'.. Mars
Neptune 11°Sc29' Opp .....19.... Jun 13 1962 ... 11°Ta17' Mars
Mars 28°Ar29' ...Square ...22 ....Jun 16 1962 .... 28°Cn47' Venus
Uranus 28°Le37' Qu .........22 ....Jun 16 1962..... 28°Cn47' Venus
Venus 04°Cn39' Sign .......23 .....Jun 17 1962..... 29°Cn58' Leo
Mercury 20°Ge22' D ........26...... Jun 20 1962 .....11°Ge52' D Mercury
Mars 28°Ar29' Sextile ......26 ......Jun 20 1962 .....28°Ge23' Sun
Uranus 28°Le37' Sextile ....26 ..... Jun 20 1962 .... 28°Ge23' Sun
Venus 04°Cn39' SSx........ 27 ......Jun 21 1962...... 04°Le41' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Con........... 28 ...... Jun 22 1962 .... 05°Le52' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Sign ..........28 ....... Jun 22 1962..... 00°Cn18' Sign
Jupiter 10°Pi38' SSx ........28....... Jun 22 1962...... 10°Aq38' Saturn
Moon 07°Pi41' Qu ..........29....... Jun 23 1962 ...... 07°Le03' Venus
Pluto 07°Vi32' Con ........29 ...... Jun 23 1962....... 07°Le03' Venus
MC 01°Vi31' Sextile...... 29 ........Jun 23 1962....... 01°Cn15' Sun

All I've done is write out the year in which there is some contact with progressed Planets.

At age 19, my natal Venus progressed to conjunct the 9th House Cusp at 25° Cancer.

How do you interpret that?

The 9th House Cusp is Cancer ruled by my Moon in my natal 4th House. What is the 9th House? Among things, it's long journeys. 4th House is the home.

I left the United States and didn't return for about 10 years.

See? It ain't so hard.

At age 23 my Venus progressed into the Sign of Leo. I got married. Because Venus progressed into Leo? Not entirely. My natal Mercury was Stationary in the natal 7th House, then it went Retrograde and then it went direct at age 26. In reality, I was actually 25 1/2 years old when Mercury went Direct in my 7th House of Relationships.

That is one of the advantages of writing out your progressions. When you see something like that, natal Venus progressed into the 9th House then into the Sign of Leo while Mercury goes Direct, you want to actually do a chart for that time period and then also look at the transits so you can get a sense of the timing (in this case transiting Moon conjunct Ascendant).

When I was 28, natal Sun changed Signs and entered Cancer. Did I become a Cancer? No, but I did take on some of the traits of Cancer. I became more sensitive, very emotional and extremely traditional, plus I took on a few of the negative characteristics, like brooding and being way too cautious, but then I was suffering from PTSD and the effects were starting to manifest themselves in a serious way.

When my Ascendant progressed into Sagittarius, I did not become a Sagittarius, but I did take on a few traits, like being really straightforward, to the point of being very blunt, and also broadminded and quite the procrastinator.

Natal .... Position .. Action ....Age... Date ............ Location .. Contact
Asc...... 20°Sc43' ..Sextile ....90 .... Aug 23 1962 ...20°Vi41' ... Mercury
Sun..... 05°Ge13' .. Sign .......91 .... Aug 24 1962... 00°Vi33' ....Virgo
MC ......01°Vi31' ....Sextile.... 91 .... Aug 24 1962 .. 01°Cn06'... Mars
Sun.... 05°Ge13'.... House .... 92..... Aug 25 1962 .. 01°Vi31' ...10th House
MC ......01°Vi31'..... Con .......92 .... Aug 25 1962... 01°Vi31' ... Sun

There's where I exit stage left. Not because of those particular progressions, mind you, but because of that and other things going on with transits and the Anareta wants to Tango.

The other benefit to writing out your progressions is that if you don't know the houses, signs, elements and natures (and that would be about 80% of you), then you will when you're done. The elements trine, the natures oppose and square, sextiles are always Fire/Air or Earth/Water etc.

I recommend using some of the minor aspects, like the quincunx, semi-sextile and semi-square.

Often in your life you might notice periods where your relationship with your children, spouse, parents, friends, co-workers or supervisors is a little testy and irritating. I guarantee you'll always find a semi-sextile or semi-square there. And the advantage of knowing that in advance is that you can take a "time-out," give yourself a "yellow card," take a different approach or do other things to make your life and everyone else's more pleasant.

Aspect orbs for progressions are 30' to 1° maximum. In addition to aspects, Planets changing Signs, Houses or going Direct or Retrograde are very important to note. For Planets that go Direct or Retrograde, flip ahead in the ephemeris and look to see if any transiting Planets are conjunct that point, because it will be emphasized. The same is true if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the pre-natal eclipses or the last Moon before birth (which will either be a Full Moon or a New Moon).

What if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the same point where there is a transiting Eclipse or New/Full Moon for that month? I don't know, but note it and look at it in detail later. You can ignore Lunar Eclipses after 3 months, but for Solar Eclipses it'll depend on the nature of the Sign (ie 3 months for Cardinal, 6 months for Mutable and 12 months for Fixed).

After you make your list or table, look at past events and see if you can make sense of them. As I said, not everything will manifest itself in a way that you can physically see. Once you get a feel for past events, you can start looking at future events.

Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said, "The science of Astrology is a great secret. It should be guarded with care. This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people. Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently. It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications."
Last edited by wilsontc; 07-26-2010 at 04:16 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BobZemco For This Useful Post: ethertwist (06-15-2013), geminimoon83 (11-13-2012), jkxx74 (08-03-2017), leviathan (12-07-2014), PisceanPallas (07-02-2012), sworm09 (06-18-2013)

Lykanized

This is my chart without progressions if anyone wants to look at it and help me a bit. It may be best for me to focus on this first and then move onto progressions as I still don't really get my chart. Thank you to anyone who can help! I'd love to know if anything in my chart indicates creativity or success in writing or creative endeavors

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 6.10.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 6.10.10 PM.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 33

katydid

YES, there are a few very nice aspects in your chart for creative writing and working as a writer/artist.

Mercury, which rules your Virgo ascendant, is in the 10th house of career. Your Mercury trines Pluto from the 3rd of communication. And it sextiles Moon/Mars in Virgo in 12th, but conjunct ascendant.

So you have an emotional burst of creative flow when you write. It is animated and makes people see clear images and feel an emotional reaction to it.

Mercury opposes Uranus/Neptune and that gives Mercury a rebellious streak , a strong creative impulse and ability to see things from a unique perspective.

You have Gemini, the writer, on your MC , which rules career and public reputation. Venus is placed there and she trines Jupiter in Libra in the 1st. I think you have a real creative instinct and a true artistic talent that calls to you. :ninja:

Venus is squaring the Moon/Mars in Virgo in the 12th. So your 'hidden enemy' might be your own critical self. I think that self doubt and insecurity is the issue in terms of you finding success. You may need to work through your own lack of confidence in order to attain the success that your ambitions call for. :bandit:

Lykanized

Thank you for the feedback! I really do appreciate it a lot
It helps me so much...I am confused, though, because I thought my Mars and moon were in the 1st house. I relate to the moon and Mars a lot because I'm extremely emotional and in tune with raw, primal energy. Granted, it seems my Mars is pretty close to the cusp. I've always been very emotional and can even become easily unbalanced. I love to fight too and I love other physical ways of getting in tune with primal energy
And for the sake of learning more, my Jupiter is in the first house but isn't Venus isn't my chart ruler since it rules Libra? Why is that?

I really hope all that is true, I mean about making people see clear images and have an emotional reaction. I really want to be able to move people...In any case, I can't stop trying and just putting all of myself into my writing. I know that focusing on a specific end isn't gonna work because anything I create that way will be inauthentic, so I can only hope that my create instincts are spectacular or may get there :alien:

That's interesting about the Mercury oppositions. I've never really felt like I fit in at all. At times I've tried, but I never have fit in lol. Usually I see things differently or do things differently. And you're right. I am VERY selfcritical. I have self doubt issues that have pretty much been my biggest enemy in every aspect of life, but I've been working on it the past few years and I'm still working on it. My passion helps a lot because I basically just cannot deny my passions. I think we all have these deep weaknesses and strengths innately. It's funny how sometimes our strengths and weaknesses are linked together. Like I have so much passion for things that I wonder if I can measure up to my own standards or even attain these beautiful things, yet because of that fear, I've prevented myself from acting or doing something at various points in my life

Do my retrogrades make a difference? Or my North Node Sag being in, I think, the 4th house? It may actually be 3rd, but idk
YES, there are a few very nice aspects in your chart for creative writing and working as a writer/artist.

Mercury, which rules your Virgo ascendant, is in the 10th house of career. Your Mercury trines Pluto from the 3rd of communication. And it sextiles Moon/Mars in Virgo in 12th, but conjunct ascendant.

So you have an emotional burst of creative flow when you write. It is animated and makes people see clear images and feel an emotional reaction to it.

Mercury opposes Uranus/Neptune and that gives Mercury a rebellious streak , a strong creative impulse and ability to see things from a unique perspective.

You have Gemini, the writer, on your MC , which rules career and public reputation. Venus is placed there and she trines Jupiter in Libra in the 1st. I think you have a real creative instinct and a true artistic talent that calls to you. :ninja:

Venus is squaring the Moon/Mars in Virgo in the 12th. So your 'hidden enemy' might be your own critical self. I think that self doubt and insecurity is the issue in terms of you finding success. You may need to work through your own lack of confidence in order to attain the success that your ambitions call for. :bandit:

Last edited:

katydid

It helps me so much...I am confused, though, because I thought my Mars and moon were in the 1st house. I relate to the moon and Mars a lot because I'm extremely emotional and in tune with raw, primal energy. Granted, it seems my Mars is pretty close to the cusp. I've always been very emotional and can even become easily unbalanced. I love to fight too and I love other physical ways of getting in tune with primal energy
[ look at your chart, find the moon/mars—look to the right, and you will see the number 12. You can see they are in the 12th, not the 1st. But as you say, the Mars is very close to the ascendant. So I can see how you can tap into that Martian primal energy.]

And for the sake of learning more, my Jupiter is in the first house but isn't Venus isn't my chart ruler since it rules Libra? Why is that?
[ You are correct that Jupiter in Libra is in your 1st house. But the cusp of the 1st house has Virgo rising. So according to this chart you posted, you have a Virgo ascendant, so Mercury would be your chart ruler.]

I really hope all that is true, I mean about making people see clear images and have an emotional reaction. I really want to be able to move people...In any case, I can't stop trying and just putting all of myself into my writing. I know that focusing on a specific end isn't gonna work because anything I create that way will be inauthentic, so I can only hope that my create instincts are spectacular or may get there

[ Mercury in Cancer has a very powerful ability to move people emotionally through creative efforts/talents.]

That's interesting about the Mercury oppositions. I've never really felt like I fit in at all. At times I've tried, but I never have fit in lol. Usually I see things differently or do things differently.
[ your Mercury opposition with Uranus/Neptune is very tight. One degree away and applying and angular. Google as much as possible about that opposition.
It is very enervating, unique, magnetic, impulsive energy.]

And you're right. I am VERY selfcritical. I have self doubt issues that have pretty much been my biggest enemy in every aspect of life, but I've been working on it the past few years and I'm still working on it. My passion helps a lot because I basically just cannot deny my passions. I think we all have these deep weaknesses and strengths innately. It's funny how sometimes our strengths and weaknesses are linked together. Like I have so much passion for things that I wonder if I can measure up to my own standards or even attain these beautiful things, yet because of that fear, I've prevented myself from acting or doing something at various points in my life

[ all of the above is so descriptive of the 12th house Virgo conjunction of Moon/Mars.

Moon= emotions/feelings
Mars=passion/ambitions

Virgo is the ‘critic.’ Also the artisan. So you have these emotional urges to attain your creative ambitions, but being in the 12th, you have fears/doubts/insecurities about succeeding.

Virgo is the opposite energy of the 12th house, so you have the earthly ability to follow through and attain success. But it takes work like the kind you described. Working on self confidence and self improvement. You are already doing it, as Moon/Mars is very ambitious and motivated. ]

Do my retrogrades make a difference? Or my North Node Sag being in, I think, the 4th house? It may actually be 3rd, but idk

[I ignore ‘retrograde’ as I don’t really see it makes that much of a difference. EVERYONE born around the same time has the same retrograde planets. I don’t see it as that much of a personal differentiating factor.

North Node in the 3rd is perfect for writing. 3rd house is the house of communication/writing. North Node in Sag in the 3rd says to elevate your craft with higher education and experience/wisdom and mentors.]

Lykanized

[ look at your chart, find the moon/mars—look to the right, and you will see the number 12. You can see they are in the 12th, not the 1st. But as you say, the Mars is very close to the ascendant. So I can see how you can tap into that Martian primal energy.]

[ You are correct that Jupiter in Libra is in your 1st house. But the cusp of the 1st house has Virgo rising. So according to this chart you posted, you have a Virgo ascendant, so Mercury would be your chart ruler.]

I really hope all that is true, I mean about making people see clear images and have an emotional reaction. I really want to be able to move people...In any case, I can't stop trying and just putting all of myself into my writing. I know that focusing on a specific end isn't gonna work because anything I create that way will be inauthentic, so I can only hope that my create instincts are spectacular or may get there

[ Mercury in Cancer has a very powerful ability to move people emotionally through creative efforts/talents.]

That's interesting about the Mercury oppositions. I've never really felt like I fit in at all. At times I've tried, but I never have fit in lol. Usually I see things differently or do things differently.
[ your Mercury opposition with Uranus/Neptune is very tight. One degree away and applying and angular. Google as much as possible about that opposition.
It is very enervating, unique, magnetic, impulsive energy.]

And you're right. I am VERY selfcritical. I have self doubt issues that have pretty much been my biggest enemy in every aspect of life, but I've been working on it the past few years and I'm still working on it. My passion helps a lot because I basically just cannot deny my passions. I think we all have these deep weaknesses and strengths innately. It's funny how sometimes our strengths and weaknesses are linked together. Like I have so much passion for things that I wonder if I can measure up to my own standards or even attain these beautiful things, yet because of that fear, I've prevented myself from acting or doing something at various points in my life

[ all of the above is so descriptive of the 12th house Virgo conjunction of Moon/Mars.

Moon= emotions/feelings
Mars=passion/ambitions

Virgo is the ‘critic.’ Also the artisan. So you have these emotional urges to attain your creative ambitions, but being in the 12th, you have fears/doubts/insecurities about succeeding.

Virgo is the opposite energy of the 12th house, so you have the earthly ability to follow through and attain success. But it takes work like the kind you described. Working on self confidence and self improvement. You are already doing it, as Moon/Mars is very ambitious and motivated. ]

[I ignore ‘retrograde’ as I don’t really see it makes that much of a difference. EVERYONE born around the same time has the same retrograde planets. I don’t see it as that much of a personal differentiating factor.

North Node in the 3rd is perfect for writing. 3rd house is the house of communication/writing. North Node in Sag in the 3rd says to elevate your craft with higher education and experience/wisdom and mentors.]
I want to thank you so much for your response, by the way. I really appreciate all of your information and help. I made a mistake with my birthtime, tho

I just realized I had been wrong about my chart and I felt I should post it here. This is my actual chart. I don't know if anyone is gonna reply to this thread, but I'm wondering if this changes anything

I still have most of the same aspects, but my Mars and Moon are actually in my 1st house and my Uranus and Neptune are in my 5th. My North node is also in my 4th house. I wonder what that means. The thing is, my main focus in life is not creating a family. Not at all. I want one one day, but my main focus right now is on other things i want to do with my life. I don't like the idea that my north node is in my 4th house for that reason. Granted, it's also in the worldly Sagittarius sign

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 3.58.19 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 3.58.19 AM.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 15