Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology

Predictive Astrology This is the place to discuss the astrology of the past, present, and future. Includes eclipses, transits, progressions, planetary returns.

Unread 04-10-2006, 06:21 PM

Part of Sonia...Transformation Part

Part of Transformation

Here is where I found this interesting concept....http://www.astralis.it/p_sonia.htm

"the Part of Sonia in any horoscope would be transited many times in one’s lifetime before it actually triggered one’s death.* In 1990, I could not see how significant this Point was in my own horoscope since I was just beginning to experience the many changes and ultimate transformation of my life.* Later, I could see that this was a Point of Transformation.* If one was willing to experience great change, it would transform your life.* If you could not allow this, the transformation would be death.* I realize that this is the great significance of this Point - where and how great transformations are experienced in our lives."

Back to my other post about "cats..better mom", I see mom's SA Lilith is conj. her Part of Sonia, and it's def. transformed her into this symbol.

I'm looking back on mine now for any examples...What about yours?

Unread 04-10-2006, 08:28 PM

This is interesting... I looked for examples of slower planets transiting this point in my life and there is only one such transit in the last 10 yrs which could relate to a more significative event - it was in 1999 when Pluto transited this point in my 1st house - my parents referr to that period as "my dark years", I was in a not very good relationship then.

A close relative's chart showed progressed Moon transiting this point during the months of intense nausea and headaches in early pregancy.
Unread 04-10-2006, 09:35 PM

Well I have Eros conjunct this spot and my Venus in Scorpio square it so I hope this means I go out with a bang as opposed to a whimper 8)

Chart
Unread 04-11-2006, 01:54 AM

What is the point of Sonia? I've never heard of it. How is it calculated?

Chart: http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?im...enchart3xb.gif
Unread 04-11-2006, 03:11 AM
Anonymous

Empath,

It is calculated by ... "Jupiter + 4th House Ruler - DSC/7th House Cusp"
I used both modern & traditional, and modern work better.
It appears more accurate than the so-called "Part of Death".... The Part of Sonia was calculated by this teacher's very intuitive student, who was Cuban...So it's a Cuban part.
It appears prominantly in Princess Diane's, John Denver's, & John Lennons deaths....It's not ALL about death though, as the writer stresses, it's about highly inner self changing events, kinda like Pluto.

-C.
Unread 04-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Anonymous

There is definitely some truth to that part. My part of Sonia fell into my sixth house of health, exercise, diet. I was so suprised because heart disease and diabetes are so rampant in my family. My paternal grandmother had diabetes and all of her kids (including my dad) have it now. These two diseases can be avoided, but it requires a daily effort to do so. Im overweight right now and my mom is always telling me to lose weight otherwise I will also have these diseases in the future too. That part of Sonia affirmed my moms incessant nagging!!
Unread 04-13-2006, 12:34 AM

this is going to be a silly question, but are lillith and Part of Sonia supposed to be conjunct? Mine are in the same exact degree of 6 degree capricorn. I was the person who wrote as a guest, i forgot I wasnt logged on!
Unread 04-13-2006, 01:56 AM

Hey Law,

They might be conjunct, but they don't have to be!
I don't think Parts of any type get influenced by conjunctions to planets/asteroids....In my experiences anyway...?

Tags
part, soniatransformation