Career in comedy

Govind

I'm an accountant but I've always had an interest in writing comedy. Its a very hard field to get into obviously but I see in my chart Mercury in the 10th in sextile to Uranus and Uranus square MC that perhaps indicate that I will look for a job in a different field at some point in my life which may be in a more creative field?

Mars is also the apex of a minor grand trine which is also known as a talent triangle, so maybe I will be a big success later on in life?

I know I'm reaching here....:tongue:

I just really hate my job right now. Its not a bad job by any means, but it just bores me and because I'm not passionate about it I really don't think I will be successful at it. If my chart doesn't show I have a future in comedy, does it look like I will success in my career at all?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_g_hp.36472.57737.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_g_hp.36472.57737.gif
    50.8 KB · Views: 28

wilsontc

Staff member
relief from stress, to Govind

Govind,

You said:
I'm an accountant but I've always had an interest in writing comedy. Its a very hard field to get into obviously but I see in my chart Mercury in the 10th in sextile to Uranus and Uranus square MC that perhaps indicate that I will look for a job in a different field at some point in my life which may be in a more creative field?

Jupiter :)jupiter: humor) and Mercury :)mercury: jokes) are the only unstressed planets in your chart. So maybe doing comedy is a way to relieve stress. Since these planetary energies go so easy with you, it certainly suggests the possibility of comic talent. As to a "career in comedy" that would require you taking comedy seriously by practicing it onstage, analyzing what went right and wrong, making some adjustments, and then going back onstage again. It also would be a good idea to be around and talk to other comedians to see what they are doing to develop their skills and build their audiences. There are no guarantees of success: a good comedian spends their life being a good comedian.

Comicly careering,

Tim

Govind

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by 'the only unstressed planets in my chart'? I have never heard that term used before.

Yeah first I have to get the courage to get up on stage. I haven't even done that yet haha. But is there any way of seeing if I will actually have a career in comedy by looking at my natal chart? Is there any sign of fame?

Caro

Your north node is in 3rd house.

what would you write about - just curious as you describe writing like it is fun to do. your 5th house ruled by venus and venus in 8th? is your comedy wrting a 'little dark' or about taboo subjects.

do a course in the evenings or correspondence (saturn in 12th maybe you prefer to study alone)and see what happens. writing is hard discipline but Im sure very worthwhile.

you have a jupiter return as well in gemini. (merc in libra and moon in aqua - original thinking)

Govind

Your north node is in 3rd house.

what would you write about - just curious as you describe writing like it is fun to do. your 5th house ruled by venus and venus in 8th? is your comedy wrting a 'little dark' or about taboo subjects.

do a course in the evenings or correspondence (saturn in 12th maybe you prefer to study alone)and see what happens. writing is hard discipline but Im sure very worthwhile.

you have a jupiter return as well in gemini. (merc in libra and moon in aqua - original thinking)

That is very true. I have written a lot of jokes and most all of them are very dark. That's just the way my mind works. I intend to hit the stage soon to try out some of my material but I'm very low on confidence right now for a lot of unrelated reasons.

But is it possible to look at my chart and see if I will have success in comedy as a career? Are there any signs of fame in my chart?

Caro

if you have an opportunity why not just try it.

I think there is writing ability(oriiginal thinking) being activiated by current transits. not sure about performing though.

you have some major transits to the angles, asc, desc, Mc and IC. with pluto now conjunct your natal neptune. uranus in 4th house. how as that transpired. saturn will conjunct natal pluto in next few months.

maybe do some research into you own chart.

http://horoscopeswithin.com/saturn_transit.php

Last edited:

Govind

can we get a sample joke please? everyone on here could use a laugh i'm sure. :happy:

My girlfriend told me today that she loves me, and wants to get married and start having kids with me immediately. I told her: "I think we should wait until you're not imaginary".

aquarius7000

Hi,

You have a lot that points at a career in writing: Jup in Gemini, Jup-Moon, Mer in the 10th (career house), and Ura-Mer, which gives you a quick and agile (also unstable) mind. Reading and writing with Ura-Mer is a good way to keep the mind occupied with different subjects. Literary thrills will keep that naughty Ura from making a devil's workshop. As to the dark humour, you might get it from Lord of Mer being in 8th, and Plu-Moon. For creative writing, I also look at the 5th, and that too is ruled by Ven. Go ahead, that North Node in the 3rd is only waiting to be tapped. With ruler of 10th in Leo, you won't mind a bit of publicity either.

:)AQ7

Govind

you have some major transits to the angles, asc, desc, Mc and IC. with pluto now conjunct your natal neptune. uranus in 4th house. how as that transpired. saturn will conjunct natal pluto in next few months.

maybe do some research into you own chart.

http://horoscopeswithin.com/saturn_transit.php

This is going off topic, but I am going through a very tough time right now. Major depression. I have a stutter and right now its the most severe its EVER been. I understand I've being going through what some may call 'transformative' transits for a while now but I'm very disappointed that I have seen NO positive changes. I'm still the same anxious guy with a stutter who lacks self confidence that I was 5 years ago. In fact I am probably worse off compared to then. It really is frustating and I don't know if it will ever get better :sad:

Caro

Cos you have some major planets on the angles too Im not surprised with your comments.

uranus near asc. mars on IC.

Michael Palin of Monty Python fame had a stutter has put a lot of money into researching this in UK. maybe google him and see what you find.there may be pointers in your chart.

all that angst in your chart - great (for a comedian) write it down and then make us all laugh at ourselves. it is a great therapy for everyone..

good luck :smile:

wilsontc

Staff member
red lines, to Govind

Govind,

You asked:
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by 'the only unstressed planets in my chart'? I have never heard that term used before.

Planets with red lines coming from them are "stressed". Also planets which are very close together.

Stressing,

Tim