Should I make this big purchase this year?

eminusboy

Hi,
This is my first attempt at reading a chart, so please be kind :) Any advice, comments, criticisms, etc., would be very welcome.
skPvv0.png

My question is, "Should I replace my water heating system this year?". The implication is that I will buy a new system at some stage, but I want to know if I should go ahead with the purchase "soon", i.e. in 2020, or wait until the New Year.

Since the Asc is in :virgo:, my significator is :mercury:. However, cusp 2 (purchases) is also in :virgo:, and so the purchaser and the purchased have the same significator. I view this as a weakly positive sign.

Using the :moon: as a cosignificator for the purchaser, I note that it is in its fall. A sign of my negative feelings towards making the purchase soon?

I see that the significator of the item to be purchased is exalting :jupiter: in the 5th house (wealth of the father -- me), which it is also opposing. I interpret this as meaning that my wealth is growing while I wait, and purchasing too soon would have a negative effect on that.

An alternative view would be to see this as a house repair, and so use the 4th house cusp ruler, :mars:, to signify the purchase. This is :square: to my significator, and is very unhappy in the 8th house.

My interpretation is that the 8th house location of :mars: is telling me that the house is unhappy in its current condition. That :mercury: is closing on :mars: suggests that purchasing soon is a good idea.

So lots of mixed messages in my very newbie interpretation. I'd appreciate any help you can give. Thanks for reading!

Last edited: