Do you "feel" major transits prior exact degree?

WHYNOT

Banned
I am interested to know whether any of you notice /feel effects of outer planet transits prior their reaching exact degree.

This is to settle an argument with someone who insists that one doesn't until degree reaches exact. This despite my telling them that I certainly do, and as well, that Stephen Arroyo has stated that some transits can be felt within 5 degrees.

Claire19

I am interested to know whether any of you notice /feel effects of outer planet transits prior their reaching exact degree.

This is to settle an argument with someone who insists that one doesn't until degree reaches exact. This despite my telling them that I certainly do, and as well, that Stephen Arroyo has stated that some transits can be felt within 5 degrees.

With the outer planets and if they are heavily aspected natally, then you will feel the effects for sure when the transits have an echo in the natal chart, backed up by a progression, a solar arc, not so much, otherwise. I feel 5 degrees is too wide but within 2 degrees, certainly.

Frisiangal

This is to settle an argument with someone who insists that one doesn't until degree reaches exact. This despite my telling them that I certainly do, ........................

Which is impossible to do. Astrologers have shared differences of opinion since Uranus was discovered through the telescope.:smile:

I go along with Claire's view on this.
Every astrologer has their own style and perspective through which they interpret any meaning behind an aspect. What the one sees as 'wide orbs influence', another will see through an approaching/separating aspect elsewhere that may involve the traditional 7 planets.
E.g. is it really transit Uranus at work or does a Mars-Mercury (with Saturn influence) transit/progression precede or follow it that could just as easily explain the same circumstances....with or without Chiron's (orbit between Saturn and Uranus) influence ?
Similarly what does the progressed Moon with a personal planet influence trigger that 'could' be interpretted as a transit from Neptune?
And could Saturn-Mars compare to an issue considered Plutonic of nature?

The outer planets are 'conscious raising' of nature, whether one perceives them as 'outing' a personal as well as global influence, or not. One could ask how it is possible for an individual to become consciously aware of a situation that is undergoing change, without first having experienced the other side of the same coin?

Last edited:

Lin

I agree with Frisiangal....
attribution is hard unless you have a specific example.
For instance, if a client comes to me with "issues" and I see planets not yet in orb but "on the way" I can see at that moment in time whether it's this or that aspect or a combination of aspects at work.
When the outer planets are on the move and approaching aspecting a natal planet it can "feel" very dangerous, confusing, foreign, etc....but only when you SEE the chart can you say what the "cause" is.
EACH transit is different.
But if you must have an answer, I can tell you that I've seen planetary transit dynamics played out MANY degrees of exact orb.
LIN

dhundhun

Inferiors have wider transit ORB, superior have narrower transit ORB. Sun being as wide as 7 degrees, for Pluto, narrow it to 1 degree. Jupiter being larger has wide (up to 5), Saturn usually narrow (2 degrees).

Mars, Saturn, Uranus tend to trigger, when exact.

spock

I doubt that anyone consciously feels outer planet transits at any time, but I think their effects begin and end well beyond a 5° orb. When I was studying the Uranus/Neptune conjunction cycle I found a series of diffuse transition periods, each about twenty years long, with a five or six-year crisis period in the middle. That implies an orb of about 20° for the larger transition period, and about 5° for the crisis period. I don't think orbs for transits in individual lives are quite that large, but I don't think they're one or two degrees tiny, either. The Saturn Return lasts for somewhere between five months and two years, Uranus squaring its natal place for three to five years. That works out to an orb of about 12° for the Saturn Return, with maybe a more intense "crisis period" with an orb of about 5°. Figuring about five years for Uranus, that comes out to about a 10-11° orb. I'd suggest 10-12° for all the planets, maybe a few degrees more for aspects and transits involving Saturn. I don't think outer planet transits have smaller orbs than inner planet transits. Their relatively brief (in terms of the whole cycle) 'turning points' are several years long and, because they're so gradual, are relatively invisible unless we're standing back and viewing the life as a whole.

Last edited:

The progressed positions of the outer slower moving planets on the natal charts can be transited first if they are at retrograde from the natal position...this can be said for faster inner planets too...on less occassions...and perhaps dependent on age or date of direct motion

Any adept astrologer can FEEL transits or the change of planets through signs

Last edited:

Erulastiel14

I discussed this the Saturn/Moon thread but essentially I felt tSaturn's recent conjunction to my natal Moon in my 12th-1st house. I couldn't sleep because my mind would not turn off although my body desperately wanted to. Gradually I was able to sleep but it wasn't deep, quality sleep like I'm used to. Last Friday, the day transit was exact, I woke up and felt back to normal. So in this case yes, I felt this transit before it hit the exact degree.

Nearly every book I've read says that transits, particularly outer planet transits are strongest right before exactness, same with progressions. After they are exact, they taper off.