Is military the right career path for me?

conspiracy theorist

I remember reading your chart a while back

Hmm, you're considering going into the military? Astrology wise, I see evidence for it through your MC ruler's location in a Martial sign, and in aspect (more specifically an affliction) to Mars through an opposition. Jupiter's location is in the 8th house - which is the house of mental anguish, death, and other people's resources AND it is also retrograde. On one level, this can be read as a very difficult time in the career sphere, and on another, this can be read as a career involving danger, death, physical exertion, courage and conflict. Your Mercury/Moon aspecting the opposition is also relevant to how your career manifests, as this shows a fair amount of mental engagement is required in whatever profession you take up. Mercury/Moon may also speak to travel or a lot of movement as well.

Another question you might want to ask yourself is if you are temperamentally fit for life in the military. Would you be able to stick to it when the hardships and tests inevitably come your way? Have you considered the macro aspect to this decision i.e. what the president elect might have in store for the military? Do you think that you as a woman with a certain disposition (ASC ruler in Pisces, Moon/Mercury in Cancer trine Saturn etc) would be able to make a living under the possible changes that may happen there?

What are you struggling with in regard to your current path, is it the difficulty in comprehension or have you realized it isn't what you truly wanted? What is the root of your disgruntlement?

A lot of questions I know, but if you have a clearer picture as to why you are in the position that you are currently in, the next steps or suggestions that you undertake will be more sure and resolute.

Last edited:

lisahearts

Do you think that you as a woman with a certain disposition (ASC ruler in Pisces, Moon/Mercury in Cancer trine Saturn etc) would be able to make a living under the possible changes that may happen there? .

What do you mean by that? What is significant about my ASC ruler in Pisces, Moon/Mercury in Cancer trine Saturn ?

conspiracy theorist

What do you mean by that? What is significant about my ASC ruler in Pisces, Moon/Mercury in Cancer trine Saturn ?

It's not really the stats of someone who would want to go in the military, as I see it.

But on a second look, you do have Mars aspecting your ASC ruler and Moon/Mercury which alters things towards a more martial outcome i.e. there are elements to your personality that could be suited for life in the military.

conspiracy theorist

Jupiter in 8th shows bad luck with sucess?

Not necessarily. However the 8th house is seen as malefic in traditional astrology alongside the 12th and 6th house due to it's aversion to the ascendant. Thus, planets in these houses may have a harder time manifesting. Your MC ruler's location in this house is one testimony of difficulty in this regard.

Doesn't mean your doom per se, especially if you work with the symbology as opposed to against it.The military could be a possible out; there are many branches that have nothing to do with combat after all.

MadArchitect

I have been struggling in community college for 4 years now. I wanted to be a nurse because my mother is a Nurse and Father is also in healthcare.. but I struggled in school so I switched to Radiology, I'm still struggling, it is very hard for me and has driven me into depression. I now am 22, still living with my parents and working fast food jobs. I am very miserable and don't know what to do with my life. I have been thinking about Military but I'm scared because I am a bit shy and not very physically active.

:pouty: What career path would be best for me?!

chart.gif

Probably yes,pluto in scorpio does conjuction to your midheaven

police,military,crime investigation, would be good for you

GeminiSun

If you only want to do it because you find the other stuff you're working on too hard, then please don't.

People in the military go through a lot and many of them who come home get PTSD and other stuff like Anxiety. It can be very traumatic in the long run.

If it's not what you love and what you want to do then I would say don't go for it. But who knows, it may help you come of your shell a little.

waybread

I don't get a military career for you. I'd expect a strong Mars, with a 6th house (of service/the service) emphasis.

How do you feel about small children? You have that big, caring moon in Cancer conjunct Mercury in the 5th house of children. Mercury rules both communication and youth. The moon is the strongest planet in your chart (domiciled in Cancer) and it is well aspected.

Jupiter rules your 10th house cusp of career. It is in the 8th house in Scorpio, and then you've got that 9th house Pluto-NN conjunction.

I am just wondering if you have enough health care training now to work as a LPN, vs. an RN; or whether caring for sick children in pediatric nursing would be a good match for you. If you still need more training to be a LPN would it be a lot or a little?

If health care really isn't for you, how do you feel about elementary education, or pre-school?

Of these possibilities, pediatric nursing and elementary ed would probably pay the best, but it seems like you need to de-stress your life just now.

With your sun in the 4th house, you probably feel most comfortable at home, so I don't see military life as so conducive to your happiness.

waybread

Yes and no. The planet ruling the sign on the MC should tell us something. But if it's not such a well-situated planet, we might look to what seems to make you happy.

Jupiter, your MC ruler, also rules higher education, overseas travel, developing a life philosophy, and your general sense of faith and optimism in life (or if afflected, lack thereof.)

Jupiter retrograde in the 8th in Scorpio, square Uranus and opposite Mars, does not seem like an easy energy for you on days when your overall sense of optimism about life gets aggravated or disrupted. But it makes a nice trine to your 5th house planets, which is why I think of early childhood education.

sabumnim

Banned
I have been struggling in community college for 4 years now. I wanted to be a nurse because my mother is a Nurse and Father is also in healthcare.. but I struggled in school so I switched to Radiology, I'm still struggling, it is very hard for me and has driven me into depression. I now am 22, still living with my parents and working fast food jobs. I am very miserable and don't know what to do with my life. I have been thinking about Military but I'm scared because I am a bit shy and not very physically active.

:pouty: What career path would be best for me?!

chart.gif

Hello Lisa:

Thanks for your question.

First of all, there is no shame in living at home "with the parents," or working in fast food. Many, many, young kids, today, also don't know what to do with their careers.

Finding a career or good job is difficult, today, even if you have computer skills and know astrology. The world is highly competitive and frequently, cruel. Nobody cares if you drown or get hit by a bus !

Internet friendships give the false impression that you are wanted, but the internet is deceitful and it doesn't always bring real social interaction. Hate to say it, but many of you young kids don't know how to find real relationships, since all you know, is the internet ?

Your parents, obviously your Mom, should care ! Do they ?

Regarding a career in the military, I think that you have the "astrology" to make a career in the military, successful.

Jupiter, your career marker, makes a grand trine between Saturn, Moon, and Mercury, while Jupiter also opposes Mars. The water grand trine shows a need for security and stability in your job or career and you will be attracted to older, larger. established companies.

That formation also forms a Kite, which shows career success in the military, since Mars in Taurus is the focal point of the Kite.

Mars is also the oriental planet behind the natal Sun, so that is your work planet !

Mars rules the military, generally !

A lot of people use the armed forces, including the reserves, as a springboard for others careers, such as medicine, nursing, etc.

In any event, if a career in military doesn't work for you, a career related to child care, daycare worker, daycare manager, social worker, child psychologist, or pediatric care, could work out very well for you, as the Moon and Mercury in Cancer conjoin in the 5th house of children and trine Jupiter and Saturn.

Finally, you have a YOD aspect between Sun in Gemini, Neptune, and Pluto.

That aspect will draw you to the counselling arts, I predict.

Since the Sun rules your 7th house of marriage and partnerships and your future marriage partner, I predict that you will eventually get married and have your own children, and may possibly leave the workforce for a couple of years. However, this is way into the future.

I predict that you will have two children, one male and one female. You really like kids and you will be an outstanding Mom, one day !

Finally, it must be said that the YOD aspect will also attract a very eccentric, highly unusual mate or partner, something like a partner from a completely different racial origin, a disabled mate, or something completely outside of the box.

Sun with Neptune and Pluto is a pretty weird combination, if you ask me ! Essentially, the natal Sun is deconstructed and transformed into something bizarre, like a robot, a space ship, or something Ghandian-like ! LOL

good luck to you !

Sabumnim

Last edited:

Chillaxer

Mar in Taurus in the third- Bullish aggression and courage.

Scorpio North Node in 9th, transformative joint enterprise, shared resources, and travel and widening horizons.

Some possible favourable aspects.

However the Aquarius Asc and Sagittarius MC suggest something more cerebral and mental.

I guess most charts have conflicts.

Maybe the more mental jobs in the military?

Higher education is favoured with the ninth house north node, or maybe even the politically involved side of affairs of the military.

Saturn in Pisces in House 1 is a bit more vulnerable. Maybe this is not such a tough aspect for the military. That along with the sag MC and ninth house Node would suggest something more spiritual and compassionate.

Might it be some form of overseas service that is attracting you in general, because this is a common theme of military and aid/charity/humanitarian work...maybe the latter is the way to go.

Last edited: