Sun Square Uranus + Squares to Sun (generally): Anyone have this aspect?

WeCareALot

I have it natally. Uranus in Aries is also transiting my Sun right now. I'm fighting a strong urge to get up and move to a new city and basically leave all remnants of my past (current job, old "friends," etc.) behind. I just want something new, and I'm frustrated at how long the process is taking.

In general, I find squares to the Sun really hard to deal with--more so than squares to the moon or other planets. Perhaps it's because squares to the Sun seem more conscious? The Sun is supposed to be our conscious will, I suppose. Squares often make me feel like I'm consciously doubting myself every time I try to live up to my Sun sign (Aries). Frustrating and annoying to say the least. :annoyed:

M

may28gemini

It seems to me that square aspects manifests internally, whereas, opposition manifest externally. Opposite seems to be more direct because it's the case of either or. Square seems a bit more difficult to wrangle because it's internalized and harder to pinpoint what the actually source of the issue could be. Either way, both aspects can create some sort of "action," but it would appear that because square is internal, it would take longer for it to materialize into the external world.

I don't have Sun square Uranus, but I do have (Gemini) Sun opposite Uranus (Scorpio) but they're in disassociated signs. I quickly make up my mind and get up and go all the time, but that's usually because I think the world brings a lot of things about to compel me to make quick decisions (esp. about important stuff) and go with it.

I don't know how much of my "get up and go" is owed to Sun-Uranus aspect, but I also have Mars (Taurus) opposite Uranus (Scorpio) which may lend itself to doing a lot of uncalculated things, in rapid succession (despite both are fixed). Mars is the physical embodiment of the self and represents action, and action is basically physical manifestation of decisions. Maybe check your Mars and how prone to action it is...

kailaniatsea

I have Sun conjunct Mercury (Leo) in DC (Cancer) square Uranus in MC (Scorpio). As a child I was accused of being "weird" and difficult. I had ADD and had a quick temper. I never trusted authority and could be stubborn. Since Uranus sits in my MC, I always had trouble working in group settings. I have found myself in Scorpio situations that challenged my identity.

kimbermoon

I totally agree that such solar afflictions tend to challenge one's sense of identity; in their Solar expression, they can be highly unpredictable, and changeable, and seem rather unstable as a person. They can appear to be very radical at times and seem to find less consistency in their lives, perhaps due to past conditioning that set up them up to always be 'on alert' in life. Perhaps they experienced reprimands for being unique and independent in early life. Rebellion against authority and conformity, as well.

anjelik

I have it natally. Uranus in Aries is also transiting my Sun right now. I'm fighting a strong urge to get up and move to a new city and basically leave all remnants of my past (current job, old "friends," etc.) behind. I just want something new, and I'm frustrated at how long the process is taking.

In general, I find squares to the Sun really hard to deal with--more so than squares to the moon or other planets. Perhaps it's because squares to the Sun seem more conscious? The Sun is supposed to be our conscious will, I suppose. Squares often make me feel like I'm consciously doubting myself every time I try to live up to my Sun sign (Aries). Frustrating and annoying to say the least. :annoyed:

I have Sun (Pisces) square Uranus (Sagittarius) natally. I am impatient, rebellious, erratic. But I also have a T-square with my Moon (Gemini) opposite Uranus. I'm really moody and change my mind the way the wind blows, or more often than not, the opposite way the wind blows.

As a teenager and into my early 20s I would do the opposite of everyone else, just to be different. I never wanted to be ordinary or typical. I am still like that in certain respects, but I understand sometimes you have to put your costume on to go to work (Cap AC). I've just accepted at this point that I see things differently than others. Most people don't like change, but I love it and I find it exciting.

M

may28gemini

I have Sun conjunct Mercury (Leo) in DC (Cancer) square Uranus in MC (Scorpio). As a child I was accused of being "weird" and difficult. I had ADD and had a quick temper. I never trusted authority and could be stubborn. Since Uranus sits in my MC, I always had trouble working in group settings. I have found myself in Scorpio situations that challenged my identity.

ADD and quick temper is likely to be owed to the combusted Mercury in Leo (choleric sign).

When planets are in disassociated signs and they conjunct an axis of a different sign, it creates a sort of "blindness" effect. Whatever sign the axis is in is supposed to signify what you're "supposed to reach" to. However, because a planet of a different sign is near the axis, means there's disassociation with how to achieve what the axis is.

That sounded really abstract but basically speaking... using your example that you have Leo Sun-Mercury on Cancer DC. Well, because Leo and Cancer of signs side by side, they by natural order have not only little in common, but also do not "see" or recognize each other. This is where the "blindness" comes in. Your Sun and Mercury wishes to express itself in the Leo way, however your DC is in Cancer which say that you're actually supposed to have public relations in a Cancerian manner. From the general description of what you've given us, it makes sense that people have seen you as being difficult and willful (the Leo) whenever people tried to cared for you (Cancer DC). The Cancer DC tells me that people are more than likely approaching you with some sense of concern and you end up pushing them away because you're willful and want everything your own way (Leo). Cancer DC (others) would view you as being difficult and don't understand why you're pushing them away...however you probably are "blind" to their "motives" and think whatever you think.

Last edited:

kailaniatsea

Miss Gemini, I want to thank you for taking the time to provide an in-depth analysis of the natal planets that I described! I am deeply thankful. We're both from California, even though I no longer live there. Gemini's always have the best insights into things! My mother has a strong Gemini presence (Mercury-Venus conjunction; Vedic Sun sign) and her mind is so clear, so present, unlike me :sad:.

When planets are in disassociated signs and they conjunct an axis of a different sign, it creates a sort of "blindness" effect. Whatever sign the axis is in is supposed to signify what you're "supposed to reach" to. However, because a planet of a different sign is near the axis, means there's disassociation with how to achieve what the axis is.

Your Sun and Mercury wishes to express itself in the Leo way, however your DC is in Cancer which say that you're actually supposed to have public relations in a Cancerian manner. From the general description of what you've given us, it makes sense that people have seen you as being difficult and willful (the Leo) whenever people tried to cared for you (Cancer DC).

Parts of this hold up and can understand my "blindness", especially with my mother and some authority figures in my early years. I had to acquire my "willfulness" and "stubbornness" because I did not grow up with a father (afflicted IC). My grandmother raised me while my mother worked. Despite grandma's parental guidance, she wasn't very effective. In essence, I had to create a shell (Mars in Cancer on DC) and assert myself in a challenging and brutal world (Uranus in Scorpio in MC square Sun and Mercury in Leo). In fact, my early years were violent due to bullying and sexual abuse from other children (Scorpio afflicted). For a while, I was misanthropic. The fact that I didn't become a substance abuser or promiscuous is amazing to me. Then again being having a Capricorn ASC forming a T-square with Mars in Cancer (in DC) and Pluto in Libra (in 9th) may have given me that backbone and a certain defensiveness. Since I mentioned the 9th, I was a deeply religious child (Moon conjunct Neptune in Sag) and divine guilt kept me on my toes. These days I am more laid-back.

The Cancer DC tells me that people are more than likely approaching you with some sense of concern and you end up pushing them away because you're willful and want everything your own way (Leo). Cancer DC (others) would view you as being difficult and don't understand why you're pushing them away...however you probably are "blind" to their "motives" and think whatever you think.

During my life I have lived in a handful of states and I have the experience of always being the outsider (Mars in Cancer DC square Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in the 9th house). Most of my conflicts with others in the past have been due to ideological reasons. Also, my Moon disposes in Sagittarius conjunct Neptune in the 12th so at times I wish to be cared for from a distance rather than forming family-like ties with people that bind me with strings. Also, being around others too much drains my energy (12th house Moon-Neptune).

Last edited:

LeoJeo

Contrary to what May28gemini says, your ADD and quick temper does not come from your Mercury in Leo. That is the result of the relationship your Uranus has with Mercury, the square. This means that Uranus the planet of freedom and change is in direct conflict with your means of thinking and communicating, as well as your core self.

Therefore, your mind and self are at odds with your freedom, individuality, and notions of change so this would take form in your Uranus constantly trying to be free of your mind, thus negating your ability to concentrate. You are essentially trying to rebel against your own mind, and by also being the planet of rebellion, it creates friction with your core self making any little encounter you see as trying to push you down extremely explosive. If Uranus was conjunct mercury, you would be rebellious against outside sources using your mind and means of communication. But since it is disharmonious, you literally are rebelling against your own mind, as well as yourself.

Take it from me, I know a lot of squares between Scorpio and Leo. While I don't have an afflicted Uranus (except with Venus[opposition],which makes dating real fun), I do have an afflicted moon in Scorpio. My moon literally squares my Sun, Mercury, and Venus. Thus my emotions are completely at odds more often than not with my identity, my mind, and my heart. But any square gives you the opportunity to work on it and absolve yourself of karma that has crossed over with you. You will find your purpose in this life and will be greatly rewarded for it. I am glad my purpose is to bring the darkness into light and turn negative into positive and you should be glad for yours. :)

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

Miss Gemini, I want to thank you for taking the time to provide an in-depth analysis of the natal planets that I described! I am deeply thankful. We're both from California, even though I no longer live there. Gemini's always have the best insights into things! My mother has a strong Gemini presence (Mercury-Venus conjunction; Vedic Sun sign) and her mind is so clear, so present, unlike me :sad:.
You're welcome and thanks. I have Gemini Mercury on the MC and I like spreading information about.

I also just recently moved out of state (as in a few days ago!) so now I don't live in CA either. I have to say that being a Californian, esp. an Angleno (from Los Angeles) in places that aren't like California (like where I moved to that's anti-California) is pretty weird. It's actually wreaking havoc with my system and that's why I've been sick for awhile and been spending so much time on the forum and watching netflix :lol:

Your mother is a Cancer Sun? It's not unusual for Cancer Sun to have Gemini Mercury and Venus because Mercury is never more than 1 sign away from the Sun and Venus is no more than 2 signs away from the Sun. Gemini stuff actually would make Cancer to be less withdrawn and more socially outgoing.

Parts of this hold up and can understand my "blindness", especially with my mother and some authority figures in my early years. I had to acquire my "willfulness" and "stubbornness" because I did not grow up with a father (afflicted IC).
For "mother," look at the Moon and its condition and placement along with its aspects other planets. If there's harsh aspects from other planets to the Moon, it's safe to say that there's a lot of difficulties trusting the mother and not only that, difficulties in understanding those who are of caring nature or have an ulterior motive.

For "father," I would say look at the Sun (sense of protection or lack thereof), Saturn (to represent discipline/moral support or lack thereof), and Jupiter (to represent father's protective good will and generosity/financial suppose or lack thereof).

An afflicted IC could mean many things, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the father is absent. Just as the MC is the highest/most elevated point in the chart and signifies were the native's greatest fate lies, the IC represents the deepest, most hidden point of the chart and signifies the origins of native at the most essential core of their existence. Consider the IC as your primordial ooze, if you will.

My grandmother raised me while my mother worked. Despite grandma's parental guidance, she wasn't very effective. In essence, I had to create a shell (Mars in Cancer on DC) and assert myself in a challenging and brutal world (Uranus in Scorpio in MC square Sun and Mercury in Leo).
My maternal granny raised me, too. She's Leo Sun with Gemini Mars and Aqua Saturn. As odd as that combo sounds, she's an atypical Leo where she let me do whatever I wanted (except electrocute my cat). Needless to say, in combination with my chart she supported me in pretty much everything, so I grew up with authority supporting me (and figuring out how to manipulate authority to give me what I want).

There's been some debate as far as where to find grandparents in a person's chart, but several sources suggest the 9th house, and I also think the 9th house as well. My 9th house is in excellent condition and that's reflective of my good upbringing from my granny. If you have some difficulties in your 9th house, that could be indicative the ineffectiveness.

In fact, my early years were violent due to bullying and sexual abuse from other children (Scorpio afflicted).
That might not be from anything Scorpio in your chart. One of the things I've observed in charts is that those with some sort of personal planet (Sun, Moon, Merc, Venus, Mars) in the 8th house regardless of whatever sign it's in have revealed to me that they've suffered physical abuse. I say personal planet because it's very specific to the native.

I have Mars in the 8th house, and I was physically and emotionally abused by my peers (I was always the youngest in class but not exactly the smallest because I was just as tall) and my dad had the bad habit of not controlling his temper very well back then and would yell and hit me out of the blue (and fairly often too).

Check your 8th house to see what sort of afflictions are there. Traditionally, the 8th house is ruled by Saturn and it's a malefic house...of which it colors and adds an element of hinderance and difficulties to whatever planet in that house.

For a while, I was misanthropic. The fact that I didn't become a substance abuser or promiscuous is amazing to me. Then again being having a Capricorn ASC forming a T-square with Mars in Cancer (in DC) and Pluto in Libra (in 9th) may have given me that backbone and a certain defensiveness. Since I mentioned the 9th, I was a deeply religious child (Moon conjunct Neptune in Sag) and divine guilt kept me on my toes. These days I am more laid-back.
Cancer Mars is tempered and disturbed by the square to outer plane of Pluto. There is a natural sense that nothing goes right for you, and if you try, you can pretty much expect things to go wrong (like Murphy's Law) which is probably why you were misanthropic because you must have thought, "What's the point anymore? I try and things go wrong. I don't try and things come to me wrong. Ughhh"

In addition, your Moon is diluted and boundaries are blurred via outer Neptune so add what I would call a Catholic guilt vibe. It's a "D@mned if I do, d@mned if I don't" sort of belief...which I think you've acquiesced to for quite some time.

The 9th house isn't religious, but depending on what's in the 9th house can determine a lot of beliefs that make up the core of how a person thrives. The 9th (and 2nd) are traditionally ruled by Jupiter and as it stands, Jupiter and the Moon are friends/allies. If your Moon is in one of Jupiter's houses, it would give the Moon some sense of safety-net so to speak, by which the Moon is allowed to express what she needs in order for her to feel safe. In that example, I would generally say that such a person could very likely resort to religion (as that's a belief) for comfort and use that as a their safety net.

During my life I have lived in a handful of states and I have the experience of always being the outsider (Mars in Cancer DC square Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in the 9th house). Most of my conflicts with others in the past have been due to ideological reasons.
9th house belongs to Jupiter so having Jupiter there gives you need to bounce around and travel, however, Saturn is also there which means you carry your responsibilities with you no matter where you go.

From the sounds of your chart, I'm going to guess your birthday... like August 8th or 9th 1981? My ex-husband was born August 7 and he has Scorpio Moon.

Also, my Moon disposes in Sagittarius conjunct Neptune in the 12th so at times I wish to be cared for from a distance rather than forming family-like ties with people that bind me with strings. Also, being around others too much drains my energy (12th house Moon-Neptune).
I'm from a traditional astrological stance so the planetary disposal and all that stuff with emphasis on the outer planets is superfluous and illogical to me. I suspect it's other stuff in the chart that supports that you'd rather be at a distance.

M

may28gemini

Contrary to what May28gemini says, your ADD and quick temper does not come from your Mercury in Leo. That is the result of the relationship your Uranus has with Mercury, the square. This means that Uranus the planet of freedom and change is in direct conflict with your means of thinking and communicating, as well as your core self.
[deleted attacking comment - Moderator] Combusted Leo Mercury is very likely the case (as I said) but there's no chart to read, so we're just speaking on general terms.

Don't carry that "Fire is the best" mentality onto this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeoJeo

How would you know that? You're just saying that because you want to contradict me. Combusted Leo Mercury is very likely the case (as I said) but there's no chart to read, so we're just speaking on general terms.

Don't carry that "Fire is the best" mentality onto this thread.

[deleted response to attacking comment - Moderator] I would know because I have Leo Mercury and I do not have ADD or a short temper so if we're speaking on general terms that's a false statement as I do not have Uranus afflicting my Mercury. Thus empirically, the connection with Uranus is the middle ground and the most likely cause for her ADD. and temper.

M

may28gemini

I most certainly am not. Stop making baseless accusations. I would know because I have Leo Mercury and I do not have ADD or a short temper so if we're speaking on general terms that's a false statement as I do not have Uranus afflicting my Mercury. Thus empirically, the connection with Uranus is the middle ground and the most likely cause for her ADD. and temper.

I did not say "all Leo Mercury are bad tempered" so you can calm down. I know you want defend Leo Mercury as if it's being under attack because you think that because you've got Leo Mercury and I mentioned Leo Mercury being the culprit to a person's self-admittance of their bad temper and ADD that you think you should defend yourself. It's not a contest

I did not say Leo Mercury is the sole reason for her temper and ADD, but I did said it's likely got something to do with it. She mentioned that she has Leo Sun-Mercury in close conjunction which means it's COMBUSTED. Do you know what happens to a planet that gets combusted? It's similar to a planet being corrupted, only by the Sun. Yes, the Sun can actually corrupt planets and can weaken the power of other planets, so it's very likely the culprit.

Mercury is no more than 28 degrees away from the Sun and mathematically, the likelihood is about 25% of people in the world would have combusted Mercury. A combusted Mercury means that the Mercury is weakened and their intellect is operating on an overpowered false sense of pride and ego. That alone can really account for the bad temper and ADD the person talked about.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

LeoJeo

[deleted off-topic comments - Moderator] What would Mercury conjunct MC indicate? I'm curious and haven't looked up this aspect before. But as we all know, different aspects give different results though I agree that any mercury uranus aspect will indicate some amount of genius. In regards to ADD though, many geniuses have been known to carry this quality. ADD is also usually a sign of imbalances in the body that directly affect the mind as the body-mind is quite a real and strong phenomena.

LeoJeo

Totally agreed about the mind body connection, I'd add spirit as well though. It's the most important factor in health imo.

I think with add the biggest culprit is kids being raised by the telvision sets as opposed to doing real hobbies (which require focus) while growing up.

Yeah most definitely. When we neglect the body, the mind is often hurt just as much as our organs are. When we neglect the spirit we neglect who we are at our deepest level. When we hurt ourselves spiritually, it often takes form in physical or mental manifestations. These in turn damage our belief in ourselves and our spirit and it just becomes one big cycle.

Its also because human natural tendencies are being suppressed by the system we live in. When we're kids we learn best through experience and play and that's really all we want to do. We were never made to just sit down, shut up, and think. That's why people go so crazy, is because once you do this all your life, you coupe up all the stuff that you've been wanting to express and it just explodes. You stop living in your body and solely live inside your head, only thinking, never actually feeling or doing. We have 3 brains: the Neo-cortex, the Cortex, and the Medula. Neo-Cortex is higher thinking, logic. The Cortex is emotions. The Medulla is primal based things we don't think about like eating, breathing, digesting, and doing things. When you are brought up in a society that tells you to shut down 2/3rds of your brain, you're bound to have problems as well. Having moon in Scorpio made this very real for me when I finally exploded with 6 years worth of emotions last year lol.

So there really is a myriad of different causes that come together to form one complete package in regards to mental illness and the like. Everything is connected and everything affects everything else. That is why balance is so key in regards to life, hence why the elements are all balanced to create a single unifying force.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi WeCareALot. I have the sesquiquadrate, with Sun in Aquarius (Mercury also in Aquarius exactly trine Uranus). Venus is square Uranus and semisquare the Sun and at the moment the transiting Uranus Pluto square is aspecting all of these planets in one way or another - with Venus and Uranus being hit by major hard aspects. I'm also feeling a strong urge to make changes, though mine are work related. But if I manage to make these changes I'll be free to move to change location without any issues around continuity of income.

So LeoJeo, Ram, May28Gemini and myself all have Sun Uranus aspects! No surprises there I guess after the 'missing element' thread! Uranus is inclined to play devil's advocate. Also, Uranus types often feel that their freedom is being threatened if someone else offers a different take on the truth. We're programmed to react this way, but of course if we can be less defensive, we can make an impartial decision about whether or not ideas which differ from our own can bring more freedom (i.e. from ignorance).

Its also important to keep in mind that Uranus symbolises a collective energy. Essentially it is looking for understanding of how people can better co-exist. One of its problems in fact is that it can manifest as an urge to conform (or force others to conform) to some perfect ideal of a sociable human being. It has a lot to do with self-expression, but it is really collective energy expressing itself through the individual. When we experience it as our own energy, then paradoxically this is because we do not have a strong enough sense of self to differentiate between what is oneself and what is collective force of change. Sun Uranus of course is going to be most prone to this than other Uranus aspects.

In my twenties I was running around up to all sorts as part of a subversive group. I felt kind of alive and important, and I can see in retrospect that I was looking for some kind of validation through being Uranian, rather than starting from a point of individual strength and acting as a vessel for change in a conscious and creative way.

kailaniatsea

Where do I begin?? This is quite heavy here. I never thought that I would write so much, but that's a good thing. Everybody, please get along! This is only a forum to discuss something that unites us: astrology. Whatever our philosophies, opinions and backgrounds are, it brought us here. That's a blessing. When I taught myself astrology in high school, I had nowhere to turn to discuss this and some conservative Christians in school shunned me for it. The internet was still a phenomena back then and there were few forums and no social networking like now.

Both of you have valid points, even if you two can agree to disagree. My brother has Mercury in Leo as well (minus Uranus in Scorpio afflictions) and he is a worse hot head than me. At least I can admit when I am wrong, even if reluctantly (Mercury in DC helps). In fact, I think the Scorpio square makes me more sensitive because I am forced to feel others pain as well as my own, and that dampens egotism quick.

Therefore, your mind and self are at odds with your freedom, individuality, and notions of change so this would take form in your Uranus constantly trying to be free of your mind, thus negating your ability to concentrate. You are essentially trying to rebel against your own mind, and by also being the planet of rebellion, it creates friction with your core self making any little encounter you see as trying to push you down extremely explosive.

Thank you very much for your feedback! It is very fascinating, insightful and useful! This may be true when I cling (Mars in Cancer) to accomplishing something so much that I burn myself (Sun) and mind (Mercury) out. Yes, my Mercury is combust, so there. But since Uranus sits in the 10th, the restrictions to myself and mind have come from authority figures and institutions in general. Since I was young all I could remember was being chastised for deviating from the norm and yes, it angered me, especially because I wasn't hurting anybody. In fact, I was more busy with the plants and animals. Deep down I resent authority and I have a love-hate relationship with achievement for this reason. I don't want to become the same thing that I loathe and oppress others with it. Though I have occupied managerial positions, I have hated it because when I read the fine print I realize that I am only perpetuating the same thing that I grew up hating. In this respect, I would rather be a homemaker (Mars in Cancer) because I manage (Leo) the home (Cancer DC) without oppressing anybody (Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in Libra).

I also just recently moved out of state (as in a few days ago!) so now I don't live in CA either. I have to say that being a Californian, esp. an Angleno (from Los Angeles) in places that aren't like California (like where I moved to that's anti-California) is pretty weird. It's actually wreaking havoc with my system and that's why I've been sick for awhile and been spending so much time on the forum and watching netflix :lol:

Your mother is a Cancer Sun? It's not unusual for Cancer Sun to have Gemini Mercury and Venus because Mercury is never more than 1 sign away from the Sun and Venus is no more than 2 signs away from the Sun. Gemini stuff actually would make Cancer to be less withdrawn and more socially outgoing.

I have experienced anti-California sentiment as well, especially when I lived in the Pacific Northwest. Mom is a Cancer and pretty outgoing, on her terms. She's wonderful and very nurturing. Mom can elucidate complex concepts in a cinch (must be her Virgo ASC and Gemini Mercury and Venus). She's the eternal student! Yes, I was born in L.A. too at the old Queen of Angels hospital. I kinda feel special knowing that we were some of the last babies born there before they moved. Although I did not grow up in Los Angeles, the older I get, the more I feel Cali. Most of my life I lived in places that were opposite to me and have lived with this "havoc" since I have use of reason. That I think will make the mildest mannered person feel a twinge cranky and irritable. During my worst tempered years I lived in the South at a time when racism was still open and acceptable. That had me spitting dragon fire. It was hard to have you and your family called an n-word (not always indicative of one's ethnic background down there) one minute and the next go back to your country. Even without afflicted astrological placements, one will feel defensive.

For "mother," look at the Moon and its condition and placement along with its aspects other planets. If there's harsh aspects from other planets to the Moon, it's safe to say that there's a lot of difficulties trusting the mother and not only that, difficulties in understanding those who are of caring nature or have an ulterior motive.

For "father," I would say look at the Sun (sense of protection or lack thereof), Saturn (to represent discipline/moral support or lack thereof), and Jupiter (to represent father's protective good will and generosity/financial suppose or lack thereof).

An afflicted IC could mean many things, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the father is absent. Just as the MC is the highest/most elevated point in the chart and signifies were the native's greatest fate lies, the IC represents the deepest, most hidden point of the chart and signifies the origins of native at the most essential core of their existence. Consider the IC as your primordial ooze, if you will.

My Moon (Sagittarius) is squared Venus (Virgo). In my early years I may have distrusted my mother's ideas more than her as a person. But since my Venus falls in her ASC, we're cool. My Moon-Neptune sits in her IC so she's always felt protective towards me. My Jupiter is conjunct Saturn so here wasn't there. My IC is Taurus and Chiron sits there. I believe that in our family there have always been trust and security issues (Venus squares).

My maternal granny raised me, too. She's Leo Sun with Gemini Mars and Aqua Saturn. As odd as that combo sounds, she's an atypical Leo where she let me do whatever I wanted (except electrocute my cat). Needless to say, in combination with my chart she supported me in pretty much everything, so I grew up with authority supporting me (and figuring out how to manipulate authority to give me what I want).

There's been some debate as far as where to find grandparents in a person's chart, but several sources suggest the 9th house, and I also think the 9th house as well. My 9th house is in excellent condition and that's reflective of my good upbringing from my granny. If you have some difficulties in your 9th house, that could be indicative the ineffectiveness.

Your grandma sounded cool, but poor kitty, meow. My 9th house correlated to my 4th since they share the same ruler, Venus. Now that I think of it, I feel like I've been carrying my grandmother's baggage (Cancer Sun-Pluto, Pisces Moon and Leo ASC), which is a ****** legacy. I have 3 planets in my 9th. When grandma passed away we learned that she had been pinning my mother and I against each other (afflicted Venus and house rulers). Consequently, it took years for Mom and I to repair our relationship. After grandma died I became a hermit.

That might not be from anything Scorpio in your chart. One of the things I've observed in charts is that those with some sort of personal planet (Sun, Moon, Merc, Venus, Mars) in the 8th house regardless of whatever sign it's in have revealed to me that they've suffered physical abuse. I say personal planet because it's very specific to the native.

I have Mars in the 8th house, and I was physically and emotionally abused by my peers (I was always the youngest in class but not exactly the smallest because I was just as tall) and my dad had the bad habit of not controlling his temper very well back then and would yell and hit me out of the blue (and fairly often too).

Check your 8th house to see what sort of afflictions are there. Traditionally, the 8th house is ruled by Saturn and it's a malefic house...of which it colors and adds an element of hinderance and difficulties to whatever planet in that house.

That really ***** :(. I have Venus in Virgo in my 8th square Moon-Neptune in 12th cusp. Since Venus rules my 9th and 4th houses, the abuse has been passed down generations. Mercury rules my 8th house, so maybe my temper and tics could be my reaction mechanism. I am very aural and sometimes the things that I hear can either make me real happy or sour.

Cancer Mars is tempered and disturbed by the square to outer plane of Pluto.

Torment due to societal injustices is more like it and that caused me to feel bummed out.

In addition, your Moon is diluted and boundaries are blurred via outer Neptune so add what I would call a Catholic guilt vibe.

The funny thing was that I wasn't even raised Catholic, but my grandmother was a fallen Catholic schoolgirl. She bitterly complained about the "lesbian" nuns and yes, she saw them making out. Grandma was more offended by their abusive behavior (they belted and "rulered" her) than their homosexuality. When she reported them and rebelled, she was punished by being placed in a dark closet until she repented. However, she did pass that guilt down to Mom and I. You gotta love Catholics.

The 9th (and 2nd) are traditionally ruled by Jupiter and as it stands, Jupiter and the Moon are friends/allies. If your Moon is in one of Jupiter's houses, it would give the Moon some sense of safety-net so to speak, by which the Moon is allowed to express what she needs in order for her to feel safe.

Well, this is true. I have been doing some genealogy and found out that for at least two generations, our surnames have a Sephardic (Spanish Jewish) heritage. That's the main reason why I am more peaceful these days.

From the sounds of your chart, I'm going to guess your birthday... like August 8th or 9th 1981? My ex-husband was born August 7 and he has Scorpio Moon.

I was born on the 10th; you are correct. Hope that I don't remind you of him...

A strong Mercury Uranus contact is about as sure fire an aspect for genius as you can get in a chart.

Awesome. I have been told that I have good, but brutally painful insights. These days I just want to be happy and not rain on anyone's parade.

I stand by what I said about merc in leo and merc uranus aspects though. They will not indicate a bad temper.

I do have a grand cross with cardinal signs (e.g. Capricorn ASC, Mars Cancer in DC; and Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in Libra). Since cardinal signs force action and I am a fiery person, the temper should not be a surprise. However, it first manifests as impatience...

I think with add the biggest culprit is kids being raised by the telvision sets as opposed to doing real hobbies (which require focus) while growing up.

I was a very active child; my Mom and my ADD would not allow me to sit in front of a TV playing Atari (yes, I'm an 80's kid). For example, I climbed trees, played sports, caught jellyfish and was always injured, scratched up, bloody and sprained; and still my mind did not rest.

[deleted response to off-topic post - Moderator]

M

may28gemini

I have experienced anti-California sentiment as well, especially when I lived in the Pacific Northwest.
I think it's anti-California in the Southwest and then there's good ole Texas people hating us "fancy" Californians with our demands on organic foods and $5 lattes :lol::lol::lol:

Mom is a Cancer and pretty outgoing, on her terms. She's wonderful and very nurturing. Mom can elucidate complex concepts in a cinch (must be her Virgo ASC and Gemini Mercury and Venus). She's the eternal student! Yes, I was born in L.A. too at the old Queen of Angels hospital. I kinda feel special knowing that we were some of the last babies born there before they moved. Although I did not grow up in Los Angeles, the older I get, the more I feel Cali. Most of my life I lived in places that were opposite to me and have lived with this "havoc" since I have use of reason. That I think will make the mildest mannered person feel a twinge cranky and irritable. During my worst tempered years I lived in the South at a time when racism was still open and acceptable. That had me spitting dragon fire. It was hard to have you and your family called an n-word (not always indicative of one's ethnic background down there) one minute and the next go back to your country. Even without afflicted astrological placements, one will feel defensive.
I've lived in a lot of places, but never the South. I grew up mostly in CA and New England and then my grandfather's death brought my father unexpected inheritance and we moved to the Southwest so my dad can sort out stuff in the family.

I found that living in the SouthWest is ok, except for the horrible dry and hot climate that wreaked havoc with my lungs and worsen my asthma. Parts of the Southwest is extremely white which I don't care about, but they look at you funny if you're not white so I got a lot of "funny" looks. I went to schools in New England, met the boy that I later married and found out he was a Californian too and after we graduated college, we went back to CA, but to Northern CA to San Francisco, where his family is originally from. It was fine there, but I don't like the people, and after my divorce, I was free to come back to LA. My dad came up to see me and we drove by one of the old houses we had in Culver City. It's now worth at least $5 million for sure. Back then it was old...small, and normal. In LA, it's normal to be ethnically mixed, but now I'm back in the Southwest (for family reasons) and there's a ton of white people here who look at me a bit... odd and then makes really weird and dumb conversations with me as if I don't understand English. Everyone asks me the same 2 questions, "What are you?" and "What are you doing here?"

I get tired of answering to random strangers to justify my existence so I keep saying stupid responses like "I'm here for the knitting challenge and want to eat some delicious ice cream" when most of the time I want to tell people, "Go kill yourself, you stupid redneck hick."

My Moon (Sagittarius) is squared Venus (Virgo). In my early years I may have distrusted my mother's ideas more than her as a person. But since my Venus falls in her ASC, we're cool. My Moon-Neptune sits in her IC so she's always felt protective towards me. My Jupiter is conjunct Saturn so here wasn't there. My IC is Taurus and Chiron sits there. I believe that in our family there have always been trust and security issues (Venus squares).
I also have Moon (Pisces) square Venus (Gemini) and I distrusted my mother's decisions more than her as a person too. She made some weird decisions which I flat out disagreed with and I blamed her for a lot of the difficulties that her decisions lead to our home life. She also sent me away, too.

Your grandma sounded cool, but poor kitty, meow. My 9th house correlated to my 4th since they share the same ruler, Venus. Now that I think of it, I feel like I've been carrying my grandmother's baggage (Cancer Sun-Pluto, Pisces Moon and Leo ASC), which is a ****** legacy. I have 3 planets in my 9th. When grandma passed away we learned that she had been pinning my mother and I against each other (afflicted Venus and house rulers). Consequently, it took years for Mom and I to repair our relationship. After grandma died I became a hermit.
My granny is very interesting, that's for sure and atypical of a Leo. Well, we all know she's supremely bossy and she'll admit it but her 1st house Saturn makes her HATE attention and fuss over her. She likes being alone. 1st house 0º Aqua Saturn on 3º Aqua AC opposite 8º Leo Sun in the 7th house, squirrelly Gemini Mars in 5th house , 1º Virgo Mercury, Cancer Moon in the 6th house... Yeah... my granny had a lot of interesting stuff going on. Everyone in the family say I'm like my granny in personality, which is SCARY but true. Not surprising, my chart mimics her's so I guess it has to be that I'm my granny's mini me. I have 1st house 0ºLibra Jupiter and 3º Libra Saturn on 3º Libra AC, Gemini Mercury, Pisces Moon in the 6th house, Taurus Mars in 8th.

The funny thing was that I wasn't even raised Catholic, but my grandmother was a fallen Catholic schoolgirl. She bitterly complained about the "lesbian" nuns and yes, she saw them making out. Grandma was more offended by their abusive behavior (they belted and "rulered" her) than their homosexuality. When she reported them and rebelled, she was punished by being placed in a dark closet until she repented. However, she did pass that guilt down to Mom and I. You gotta love Catholics.
My granny went to Catholic school and so did all her kids, including my mother. My dad also went to Catholic school, too. My parents sent me and my younger brother Catholic school. I think it was just something from back in the day. My granny believes in a general "God" concept and so does my mom but my dad doesn't and I'm flat out an atheist. I said there was no God before I had to had to go to school to pray to something that I rejected. As it stands, Catholic guilt didn't get to me. Nor my parents. Nor even my granny LOL

I was born on the 10th; you are correct. Hope that I don't remind you of him...

No, you don't remind me of my ex husband LOL how could you? I don't know you! I just asked because the description of your chart sounded so familiar to his chart so I knew you were born very close to him. I only asked to verify that I'm not off my rocker.

I do have a grand cross with cardinal signs (e.g. Capricorn ASC, Mars Cancer in DC; and Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in Libra). Since cardinal signs force action and I am a fiery person, the temper should not be a surprise. However, it first manifests as impatience...

Do you have something in Aries? You wouldn't have a Grand Cross unless you have all 4 planets in the same mode.

Do you like knitting? It might help with the impatience...

There's good and bad in all elements. My temper is not what defines me as a fire sign person. In fact, I have found earth and water very difficult to deal with; but I recognize the good and balance in all.
I use to find Earth and Water hard to deal with when I was younger, but as I got older, I learned more about them and find those elements, esp. Earth to be quite useful and actually easier to deal with. As a general thing, Fire always seemed to do whatever they want, whenever they want without much regards for consequences and others and I dislike that. When I was younger I ran around with more Fire people, but seeing how they showed so much disregard for others and only would save their own necks and leave others out to dry, I realized that being around exciting people is more dangerous than anything. There are more extreme examples of what I've dealt with.

I had a Sagittarius friend who I did some business with who got in trouble with the law... first he was busted speeding in his Porshe and then there was some pot in the car and no doubt he we stoned while driving which is a no-no. In his car he had papers about our business...we ordered stuff connected to cellphones and anyway, him getting busted for a speeding issue and then some cellphone company who wanted to sue him found out his address because of the police public records thing, served him and since I was connected to him, they found me and served me out of the blue. OMG it was a nightmare and a billion times a headache.

I had a Leo friend who ditched me because she blamed me saying it was my fault that some random bar guy we met stole her engagement ring. I was not even aware she had her engagement ring in her bag and she left it on the bar and I walked away from her bag to play some music at the jukebox. Who the heck is stupid enough to leave their bag with their engagement ring in it?! I'd be guarding that with my life if I was her. But no, I got blamed.

I had 2 Aries friends (both with Libra Saturn) who were wanted by the police and they didn't even tell me about it but came over to "hangout" with me...until a ton of cops were outside my apartment and they "talked" through a bullhorn... I was afraid there was going to be a shootout and most of all, I didn't want to get hauled off in the paddy wagon as an accomplice. GRRRRR

Maybe not growing up in L.A. was not such a bad thing. For a fire sign, I'm pretty undiva-like (Cancer DC and Venus in Virgo). I never needed a fan club and cook my own meals. Yes, I am aware of the star expectations that many out there have. Living in Vegas I meet many Angelenos like myself and sometimes I want to slap them (if I have PMS, lol). I have East Coast roots and spent some time there (I even picked up the New England accent), so I have little tolerance for others b.s. Out there, a temper is not seen as a bad thing because everybody vents. It wasn't until I lived in Seattle that suddenly my accent and ways were a liability.
Actually, Angelenos like telling you stuff to your face and then laughing about it. I'm no different, because I don't take things seriously but if people do things that bother me, I just tell them directly. People do the same with me if they're also Angelenos. That's viewed as normal and we move after we voice our problems. However, in the Southwest, it would be considered "rude" and "mean" to be straightforward so a bit of self edit is required bc people take themselves too seriously and are all about their stupid houses, kids, husbands, etc. and other boring cr@p they love.

I'm an Angeleno from beginning to end. I hate boring stable family stuff and like fabulous stuff like nice vintage clothes, expensive and effective skin products, eating healthy and nice foods, going on vacays, socializing with people, not doing 9-5 office jobs, and living a life of little responsibilities as much as possible. Maybe eventually I'll get a condo. I call the LA life "condo and cats" sort of life, which is more my pace of life.

Last edited:

kailaniatsea

I think it's anti-California in the Southwest and then there's good ole Texas people hating us "fancy" Californians with our demands on organic foods and $5 lattes :lol::lol::lol:

The same thing happens along the East Coast with their "invasion" of the Southern states (e.g. FL, NC, SC, VA and others). Southerners dislike East Coasters for more intrinsic reasons which creates tension (e.g. losing the Civil War). For example, they hate their liberal stance and the old guard still expressed resentment over integration. Interestingly enough, African Americans felt the same way, but for different reasons than whites. I was bused to predominantly black schools as part of the Brown v. Board legacy because state law dictated that there could no majority race in a school district. So if Southwesterners hate on us for demanding the good life, so be it; it's a minor complaint.

I grew up mostly in CA and New England and then my grandfather's death brought my father unexpected inheritance and we moved to the Southwest so my dad can sort out stuff in the family.

Sorry to hear :(.

I found that living in the SouthWest is ok, except for the horrible dry and hot climate that wreaked havoc with my lungs and worsen my asthma.

Don't even get me started on the weather, especially the summer!

Parts of the Southwest is extremely white which I don't care about, but they look at you funny if you're not white so I got a lot of "funny" looks.

I did a road trip from NV to New Orleans a few years ago and felt the creeps when I drove through I-40 in Arizona and New Mexico. The AZ portion was hostile and racist. It doesn't help having a racially ambiguous look, which makes me chameleonic. I resembled some of the Native Americans that I saw along the road and that did me no favors. Things in NM eased up as the population is more accepting.

It was fine there, but I don't like the people, and after my divorce, I was free to come back to LA.

The East Coast takes some getting used to no doubt, but being there was a huge learning experience for me. Had I lived there all my life, I would have had more academic freedom. Let me explain. The educational system there is the best (IMHO) and I would have gone to college to prepare more for a career rather than learning what wasn't taught to me in my preparatory years.

In LA, it's normal to be ethnically mixed, but now I'm back in the Southwest (for family reasons) and there's a ton of white people here who look at me a bit... odd and then makes really weird and dumb conversations with me as if I don't understand English. Everyone asks me the same 2 questions, "What are you?" and "What are you doing here?" I get tired of answering to random strangers to justify my existence so I keep saying stupid responses like "I'm here for the knitting challenge and want to eat some delicious ice cream" when most of the time I want to tell people, "Go kill yourself, you stupid redneck hick."

Most Californians are mixed so race is irrelevant. We're Americans and all of us have a mixture, even if we are considered "white", "black" and etc. The same thing happened to me in the Pacific Northwest, and I lived in a major metropolitan area. I was engaged in a cold war of sorts with the people who were prejudice against me. That will dampen any Leo pretensions; but I always demanded respect. However, I found small towners more accommodating. Maybe it's their Christian guilt (east of the Cascades is conservative), who knows?

I also have Moon (Pisces) square Venus (Gemini) and I distrusted my mother's decisions more than her as a person too. She made some weird decisions which I flat out disagreed with and I blamed her for a lot of the difficulties that her decisions lead to our home life. She also sent me away, too.

Pisces Moons suffer a great deal because I have observed that they are sometimes abandoned or scapegoated for things that are not their fault. Despite my grandmother's issues she had a Pisces Moon too and know that she toiled and suffered greatly. The challenge is to rise above the impurities of others (Pisces) and rediscover and claim one's inner voice (Gemini). This message becomes more imperative since your Moon sits in the 6th house, servants and illness. Since Gemini sits on your MC, this could become your calling card and means to achieve your potential.

My granny is very interesting, that's for sure and atypical of a Leo. Well, we all know she's supremely bossy and she'll admit it but her 1st house Saturn makes her HATE attention and fuss over her. She likes being alone. 1st house 0º Aqua Saturn on 3º Aqua AC opposite 8º Leo Sun in the 7th house, squirrelly Gemini Mars in 5th house , 1º Virgo Mercury, Cancer Moon in the 6th house... Yeah... my granny had a lot of interesting stuff going on. Everyone in the family say I'm like my granny in personality, which is SCARY but true. Not surprising, my chart mimics her's so I guess it has to be that I'm my granny's mini me. I have 1st house 0ºLibra Jupiter and 3º Libra Saturn on 3º Libra AC, Gemini Mercury, Pisces Moon in the 6th house, Taurus Mars in 8th.

Well, if you believe in reincarnation then your grandmother passed down her spirit to yours.

I said there was no God before I had to had to go to school to pray to something that I rejected. As it stands, Catholic guilt didn't get to me. Nor my parents. Nor even my granny LOL.

That saved you from guilt, a good thing. In my observation, Air type people tend to be agnostic or atheist. They are very skeptical of organized religion and spirituality as a whole. I tried to be atheist and my personality doesn't allow for it. Somehow, my safety net (Moon-Neptune in 12th) is lost. But I have had deeply spiritual experiences.

No, you don't remind me of my ex husband LOL how could you? I don't know you!

I didn't mean it that way, just personality similarities.

Do you have something in Aries? You wouldn't have a Grand Cross unless you have all 4 planets in the same mode.

That was a typo; I had the Uranus in Aries transit confused with a natal planet. Draconic astrology says that I have Sun-Mercury in Aries, but that's another story all together.

Do you like knitting? It might help with the impatience...

I have never tried it, but find sewing, assembling and fixing things zen in a strange kind of way (Cap ASC, Venus in Virgo, Chiron in Taurus in IC, maybe). Deep down, I find working with my hands awesome because I see my creation in real time. I have yet to pursue that line of work; it's a little daunting being the only handy woman. But you never know; once I make up my mind that's it.

I use to find Earth and Water hard to deal with when I was younger, but as I got older, I learned more about them and find those elements, esp. Earth to be quite useful and actually easier to deal with.

It depends because of the people that I have dealth with have been water, air and earth (in that order). When earth and water is negative, they can be very judgmental, stick in the mud and prejudice. My brother and sister-in-law (both Virgos) have hang ups like this and I don't even deal with them. Even my brother discriminates against me... The upside of earth and water is stability (earth) and emotional intelligence (water).

As a general thing, Fire always seemed to do whatever they want, whenever they want without much regards for consequences and others and I dislike that.

That depends because I have dealt with loads of Air people who did the same exact thing. Remember that air goes wherever it wants. However, I have found Aquarius the most difficult air sign to deal with. The ones that I knew took Leo's shadow traits and ran with it. No one can tell them that they are wrong (no matter how kindly you put it) and they are only too happy to lecture on you on the pearly nuggets of their hard earned wisdom, even if you are peers. And they only want life on their terms. My ex-friend had the same birthday as Paris Hilton (eww...), Aquarius Sun-Mercury, Moon in Leo and Mars in Pisces.

My maternal aunt (Libra) and uncle (Aquarius) were terrible. Auntie was proud of her sexual deviances and was only too eager to "recruit" and disparaged my much younger mother (Cancer) for being a prude (Virgo ASC). She also set up my mother many times so that she could be raped and killed. Mom had loyal friends who unconditionally protected her, thank goodness. Uncle was a great kid growing up and when he got of the military, he acted like a felon. What happened? He was sexually devious too. I had twin Libra friends and one of them went through a very sexually wild phase (e.g. having sex in public). I have known some Aquariuses who are very open about the terms of their relationships. This isn't to say that Air people are all like that, but some need to guard against being dissolute by splitting themselves all across the board.

When I was younger I ran around with more Fire people, but seeing how they showed so much disregard for others and only would save their own necks and leave others out to dry, I realized that being around exciting people is more dangerous than anything. There are more extreme examples of what I've dealt with.

I have not dealt with many Fire people. In fact, I was the only fire in my group and not a terribly exciting one at that (Cap ASC, Saturn in Libra, Mars in Cancer). But I have known a few fire types recently and you gotta watch them. The Aries types are very demanding and selfish; they'll hound you until they get their way and once they do, you are yesterday's news.

I had a Sagittarius friend who I did some business with who got in trouble with the law... first he was busted speeding in his Porshe and then there was some pot in the car and no doubt he we stoned while driving which is a no-no. In his car he had papers about our business...we ordered stuff connected to cellphones and anyway, him getting busted for a speeding issue and then some cellphone company who wanted to sue him found out his address because of the police public records thing, served him and since I was connected to him, they found me and served me out of the blue. OMG it was a nightmare and a billion times a headache.

I had a Leo friend who ditched me because she blamed me saying it was my fault that some random bar guy we met stole her engagement ring. I was not even aware she had her engagement ring in her bag and she left it on the bar and I walked away from her bag to play some music at the jukebox. Who the heck is stupid enough to leave their bag with their engagement ring in it?! I'd be guarding that with my life if I was her. But no, I got blamed.

I had 2 Aries friends (both with Libra Saturn) who were wanted by the police and they didn't even tell me about it but came over to "hangout" with me...until a ton of cops were outside my apartment and they "talked" through a bullhorn... I was afraid there was going to be a shootout and most of all, I didn't want to get hauled off in the paddy wagon as an accomplice. GRRRRR.

:surprised: :andy:

Actually, Angelenos like telling you stuff to your face and then laughing about it. That's viewed as normal and we move after we voice our problems. However, in the Southwest, it would be considered "rude" and "mean" to be straightforward so a bit of self edit is required bc people take themselves too seriously and are all about their stupid houses, kids, husbands, etc. and other boring cr@p they love.

They do the same out East. What you described are the ills of suburbia. Reminds me of some Pet Shop Boys' old music with toxic descriptions of smaller city life. The parts of the country that have been urbanized for a long time have a tougher skin as part of their collective identity, but the regions of the country that are now becoming urbanized are still more provincial and Victorian in their outlook. It will take them decades to catch on, if they ever do.

I'm an Angeleno from beginning to end. I hate boring stable family stuff and like fabulous stuff like nice vintage clothes, expensive and effective skin products, eating healthy and nice foods, going on vacays, socializing with people, not doing 9-5 office jobs, and living a life of little responsibilities as much as possible. Maybe eventually I'll get a condo. I call the LA life "condo and cats" sort of life, which is more my pace of life.

I was like that in my teens and 20's and now that I am 30+ I am becoming more increasingly drawn to rural life as a means to detach myself from the rein of corporations and the government. My politics is changing too. Some days I don't know who or what I am becoming. It's not like I am turning into anybody in my family.

The thought of raising farm animals, growing my own food and building my own home is awesome. Being an Angeleno means that I cannot reconcile living in a rural place with closed attitudes. That's been my challenge.

Last edited:

LeoJeo

Hi WeCareALot. I have the sesquiquadrate, with Sun in Aquarius (Mercury also in Aquarius exactly trine Uranus). Venus is square Uranus and semisquare the Sun and at the moment the transiting Uranus Pluto square is aspecting all of these planets in one way or another - with Venus and Uranus being hit by major hard aspects. I'm also feeling a strong urge to make changes, though mine are work related. But if I manage to make these changes I'll be free to move to change location without any issues around continuity of income.

So LeoJeo, Ram, May28Gemini and myself all have Sun Uranus aspects! No surprises there I guess after the 'missing element' thread! Uranus is inclined to play devil's advocate. Also, Uranus types often feel that their freedom is being threatened if someone else offers a different take on the truth. We're programmed to react this way, but of course if we can be less defensive, we can make an impartial decision about whether or not ideas which differ from our own can bring more freedom (i.e. from ignorance).

Its also important to keep in mind that Uranus symbolises a collective energy. Essentially it is looking for understanding of how people can better co-exist. One of its problems in fact is that it can manifest as an urge to conform (or force others to conform) to some perfect ideal of a sociable human being. It has a lot to do with self-expression, but it is really collective energy expressing itself through the individual. When we experience it as our own energy, then paradoxically this is because we do not have a strong enough sense of self to differentiate between what is oneself and what is collective force of change. Sun Uranus of course is going to be most prone to this than other Uranus aspects.

In my twenties I was running around up to all sorts as part of a subversive group. I felt kind of alive and important, and I can see in retrospect that I was looking for some kind of validation through being Uranian, rather than starting from a point of individual strength and acting as a vessel for change in a conscious and creative way.

I actually don't have any Sun Uranus aspects ^_^ But my Uranus is square my Midheaven and my Mars is square my Ascendant so that would be a very plausible explanation as to why I would act similar. That Mars square Ascendant is something my darker side likes to throw out at times if I'm not mindful of it, as some are already aware.

M

may28gemini

The same thing happens along the East Coast with their "invasion" of the Southern states (e.g. FL, NC, SC, VA and others). Southerners dislike East Coasters for more intrinsic reasons which creates tension (e.g. losing the Civil War). For example, they hate their liberal stance and the old guard still expressed resentment over integration. Interestingly enough, African Americans felt the same way, but for different reasons than whites. I was bused to predominantly black schools as part of the Brown v. Board legacy because state law dictated that there could no majority race in a school district. So if Southwesterners hate on us for demanding the good life, so be it; it's a minor complaint.
Oh, boy... I can really b!tch about all the horrid Midwesterners destroying LA's kitchy ethnic ways with their weird anti-social mannerisms and the fact that they're so homogenous that they don't know what it's like to be around those who are very mixed that they create a new white haven for themselves over in West LA and are extremely snobby and condescending towards everyone else as if they own the place.They come to LA to "make it" and seek out fame and think that they since they got away from their middle of nowhere sh!tty town and landed in a "big city" like LA that they are somehow elevated. I love the fact that LA kills their dogmas and send a lot of them packing.

When I came back to LA, my friends were still there. It's really ironic, because all my friends in LA are Angelenos and they WANT nothing better than to leave LA behind because they're also tired of seeing how LA got destroyed 1000x over being whitewashed.
I did a road trip from NV to New Orleans a few years ago and felt the creeps when I drove through I-40 in Arizona and New Mexico. The AZ portion was hostile and racist. It doesn't help having a racially ambiguous look, which makes me chameleonic. I resembled some of the Native Americans that I saw along the road and that did me no favors. Things in NM eased up as the population is more accepting.
Yeah, I know AZ is super racist, cuz I'm there now. I can't even f*cking believe that I left my super cheap apartment in LA to come to AZ but it's because I wanted to be closer to my mother. I've been on my own since I was 17 and after roaming around the world for 15 years, the only words I can say is that I longed to crawl into my mother's lap and cry. It sounds weird and sappy, but she may not be around much longer because she has an active disease that can turn just whenever and I don't want to be 400 miles away if she kicks the bucket. If it was any other reason, I'd NEVER give up LA, because LA is like my IC, it's my genesis.

The East Coast takes some getting used to no doubt, but being there was a huge learning experience for me. Had I lived there all my life, I would have had more academic freedom. Let me explain. The educational system there is the best (IMHO) and I would have gone to college to prepare more for a career rather than learning what wasn't taught to me in my preparatory years.
Yeah, I spent quite some time growing up in the East Coast, too. That's where I was sent to boarding school and where I went to college for undergrads and grads. Looking back on it, I suppose my "meanness" is rooted on the East Coast where the weather is a bit extreme (too hot and muggy in the summers and too icy during the winters), the people are extreme themselves- you get hyper aggressive Irish and Italians or you get passive aggressive Brits. My ex-husband's origins lies with passive aggressive Brits :lol:

Most Californians are mixed so race is irrelevant. We're Americans and all of us have a mixture, even if we are considered "white", "black" and etc. The same thing happened to me in the Pacific Northwest, and I lived in a major metropolitan area. I was engaged in a cold war of sorts with the people who were prejudice against me. That will dampen any Leo pretensions; but I always demanded respect. However, I found small towners more accommodating. Maybe it's their Christian guilt (east of the Cascades is conservative), who knows?
Actually, no not most Californians. Only in a few areas there's diverse mixing, but it's rather separate- most of the Asians stay with the Asians and specifically their own group, blacks with blacks, Armenians with Armenians, and even amongst the Latino groups, they prefer to stay with their own like Mexicans prefer other Mexicans, etc.

LA actually holds that distinction that I've noticed those who are minorities will hangout with other minorities, but whites will only be around other whites and it's actually an unspoken thing. Even in dating, white guys will say they don't want girl that's not white. It's one thing to have a preference, and be mindful and seek out what you want, but it's another thing to announce out loud to be condescending towards those who don't racially fit your standards. LA use to not be so segregationist but the heavy influx of Midwesterners makes it so.

I always wondered why Leos demand respect all the time. It's one of those vocab words that must be ingrained in the Leo sign. My mom and granny are the same way- they command respect LOL when I think it's really hilarious. Respect to me means nothing unless it's shown through actions and that takes a long time. But Gemini is not known to demand much and we're rather careless and easy going when it comes to dealing with others...

Pisces Moons suffer a great deal because I have observed that they are sometimes abandoned or scapegoated for things that are not their fault. Despite my grandmother's issues she had a Pisces Moon too and know that she toiled and suffered greatly. The challenge is to rise above the impurities of others (Pisces) and rediscover and claim one's inner voice (Gemini). This message becomes more imperative since your Moon sits in the 6th house, servants and illness. Since Gemini sits on your MC, this could become your calling card and means to achieve your potential.
Actually, I consider Pisces Moon the punching bag for all the signs. The reason why Pisces Moon suffer is because they are so innately sensitive and get startled by pretty much everything. Pisces is not a sign known to have any boundaries, if anything, they have complete lack of boundaries so it would be easy for other signs, one of more domineering presence to manipulate Pisces.

Unlike Cancer Moon, who is cardinal and therefore have the ability of emotional control, and Scorpio Moon which is fixed and therefore, can control and hide their emotions; Pisces Moon is mutable and lines are blurred to where recognition of the outside world vs where the internal world starts is nil. Pisces Moon cannot hide its emotions unlike Scorpio, nor can it control and manage its emotions unlike Cancer Moon. Pisces Moon gives off the effect of gushing raging waters busting through a broken dam. Or, at least my Pisces Moon does, since it's in the Mars decan and Mars' term. Heh.

I use to suffer a lot as a youngster and having Saturn oppose my Moon is no cakewalk. But I learned to let the flood gates open and allow the raging waters to come busting though. I find it actually soothes me to allow that, simply because, well, I'd rather deal with it than implode. Of course, a lot of people have complained and felt like my Pisces Moon floods the whole place and I can't really blame them. But I'd rather flood the whole place than feel like I'm alone drowning in an underwater torture chamber.

Well, if you believe in reincarnation then your grandmother passed down her spirit to yours.
No, I don't believe in reincarnation. She's still alive, for one :lol: I was taught by my astrologer teacher that much like genetic material, natal charts are "genetic" too. Parents pass on traits of their charts to their children. My Leo granny with the Aqua Saturn on her AC, all her children have dignified Saturn from the oldest 2 both have Libra Saturn to the youngest 2 who have Cap and Aqua. Only my silly mother who's in the middle and is the black sheep of the family has peregrine Saturn and she was out of all the kids, the one that received the least attention from my granny. The one who received the most attention were the 2 with Libra Saturn, and the youngest one with Aqua Saturn. My granny only has 3 grandkids (including me) and by far, I am the favorite because I am most like her with exalted Saturn on the AC. The other 2 do not have dignified Saturn and she doesn't care for them (even if they're younger than me).

That saved you from guilt, a good thing. In my observation, Air type people tend to be agnostic or atheist. They are very skeptical of organized religion and spirituality as a whole. I tried to be atheist and my personality doesn't allow for it. Somehow, my safety net (Moon-Neptune in 12th) is lost. But I have had deeply spiritual experiences.
I think, as oddly as this sounds, Fire is the element that is least likely to be agonistic/atheist. Fire is fueled by desire and belief that they are not only great, but there's something GREAT in general that lies out there. With the exception of my ex-husband, I've not met any other Fire Sun person who rejects the concept that there's something "greater" out there. My Leo ex absolutely, and faithfully rejects all manners of beliefs that beyonds the physical... but funny enough, he's afraid of aliens :alien::lol:

My granny didn't mind that I didn't believe in a "god," even though she herself believes in some form of God. My mother does, too. However, my mom actually showed a lot of concern that I am an atheist and doesn't like that I'm against religion. She's long feared that I've lost my way.

I don't know how to explain that the whole family escaped Catholic guilt and yet, we all went to Catholic schools. I suppose luck had something to do with it. :lol:

That was a typo; I had the Uranus in Aries transit confused with a natal planet. Draconic astrology says that I have Sun-Mercury in Aries, but that's another story all together.
HAHAHA Draconic chart shows that I'm Aqua Sun with Scorpio Moon and Cap Mars with Gemini Pluto in the 1st house. I think the chart sounds pretty cool, but I think that looks like the chart of Anti-Christ. I don't really think I'm that evil :lol::lol::lol:

I have never tried it, but find sewing, assembling and fixing things zen in a strange kind of way (Cap ASC, Venus in Virgo, Chiron in Taurus in IC, maybe). Deep down, I find working with my hands awesome because I see my creation in real time. I have yet to pursue that line of work; it's a little daunting being the only handy woman. But you never know; once I make up my mind that's it.
I like sewing too and I find that level of intricate construction really helps offset the nerves and instills a sense of patience. I think knitting is sorta a looser concentrated version of sewing. It's really easy and suggest you use wooden knitting needles if you try.

My mother has Virgo Mars, Mercury, Venus in her 1st house with Venus on her Asc (she's quite beautiful, really) and she taught me how to sew manually at 4. She use to make all my clothes for me which sounds cheesy, but then she taught me how to sew on a machine at 6. My granny never cared for that but she taught me to garden and how to take care of cats :lol::lol:

It depends because of the people that I have dealth with have been water, air and earth (in that order). When earth and water is negative, they can be very judgmental, stick in the mud and prejudice. My brother and sister-in-law (both Virgos) have hang ups like this and I don't even deal with them. Even my brother discriminates against me... The upside of earth and water is stability (earth) and emotional intelligence (water).
I've noticed that a lot of Fire people dislike Earth. My Leo mom doesn't like her Cap sister nor her Cap sister-in-law. My Leo granny doesn't her Cap daughter or Virgo sister. My Leo ex and his Aries sister didn't like their Taurus and Virgo aunt and uncle. The Aries sister-in-law disliked her Cap mother-in-law (but then again, show me a woman who loves her mother in law LOL). My Aries friend dislikes her Cap mother and threw her out...she also argues with her Cap brother-in-law the most. She swears if it was up to her, she'd axe out Capricorn as a sign :lol::lol:

That depends because I have dealt with loads of Air people who did the same exact thing. Remember that air goes wherever it wants. However, I have found Aquarius the most difficult air sign to deal with. The ones that I knew took Leo's shadow traits and ran with it. No one can tell them that they are wrong (no matter how kindly you put it) and they are only too happy to lecture on you on the pearly nuggets of their hard earned wisdom, even if you are peers. And they only want life on their terms. My ex-friend had the same birthday as Paris Hilton (eww...), Aquarius Sun-Mercury, Moon in Leo and Mars in Pisces.
Well, it's true that Air is here, there, and everywhere. We're all over the place and we know all your hiding spots :devil: but it's really mostly Gemini Air that's all over because it's mutable. Fixed Air Aqua is difficult to be cuz that's like a fart in the elevator, a punchy smell that infiltrates unwitting and unlucky victims.

Very interesting you've mentioned Aqua can take on Leo's shadow because I've always thought that Aqua wants to BE like Leo, only they do it in the wrong ways by garnering notoriety by being rebellious and shocking. Deep down inside, Aqua is really as orthodox as the pope. Like Leo, Aqua are just as afraid of be ordinary, but unlike Leo, Aqua lacks the true confidence to seek an audience. Aqua does gain some sort of fame but it's in an underhanded and indirect manner. But still Aqua is Air and despite all their dogmatic flaws, I get along with them so easily...until they explode because they want the world to change to their vision. I'm not keen on demanding people like that. Although why I say that is ironic, I grew up with so many Fire family members, esp. Leos and they are demanding. However, Aqua is just as demanding if not more impossibly so (because of the Airy idealistic component) and that's when I find Aqua disagreeable. But before that, it's fine :lol::lol:

My maternal aunt (Libra) and uncle (Aquarius) were terrible. Auntie was proud of her sexual deviances and was only too eager to "recruit" and disparaged my much younger mother (Cancer) for being a prude (Virgo ASC). She also set up my mother many times so that she could be raped and killed. Mom had loyal friends who unconditionally protected her, thank goodness. Uncle was a great kid growing up and when he got of the military, he acted like a felon. What happened? He was sexually devious too. I had twin Libra friends and one of them went through a very sexually wild phase (e.g. having sex in public). I have known some Aquariuses who are very open about the terms of their relationships. This isn't to say that Air people are all like that, but some need to guard against being dissolute by splitting themselves all across the board.
Well, I do understand what you mean. Both Libra and Aqua Sun are mucked up, which is why Aqua is in detriment and Libra is fallen. Expressions of perversions is actually known as an Air-thing. We're rather detached people, and are unhindered by any physical boundaries and so Earth cannot contain us, Fire cannot burn us because Fire needs us to keep burning, and Water cannot wash us out since Water owes part of its existence to Air. So yeah, we're the independent which gives opportunities to be looney and psychology belongs under the direction of Air (because it's a lot of intellectual theories about abstractions of the human condition). When we learn of psychology, we think of psychological issues and disorders. So that already is a tell-tale sign of Air. Also, Air in general seems to be a bit meaner in humor. I admit that I have a knives sort of sense of humor and the only other people who understand my mean sense of humor are other Air signs (esp. Aquas) and those who have a lot of Air in their chart (like a Libra Mercury or something).

I have not dealt with many Fire people. In fact, I was the only fire in my group and not a terribly exciting one at that (Cap ASC, Saturn in Libra, Mars in Cancer). But I have known a few fire types recently and you gotta watch them. The Aries types are very demanding and selfish; they'll hound you until they get their way and once they do, you are yesterday's news.
Yeah, your chart is similar to my ex-husband who is a watered down Leo. I find watered down Fire people to be agreeable, as that tames them a bit. However, Fire doesn't seem to take much to spark some sort of ROAR!!!

Yeah, I know how Aries are since 2 of them NEARLY got me arrested for harboring fugitives (them). My Aries friend who hates Caps likes to hound everyone until she gets her way. I'm the only one who says "no" to her.

They do the same out East. What you described are the ills of suburbia. Reminds me of some Pet Shop Boys' old music with toxic descriptions of smaller city life. The parts of the country that have been urbanized for a long time have a tougher skin as part of their collective identity, but the regions of the country that are now becoming urbanized are still more provincial and Victorian in their outlook. It will take them decades to catch on, if they ever do.

I was like that in my teens and 20's and now that I am 30+ I am becoming more increasingly drawn to rural life as a means to detach myself from the rein of corporations and the government. My politics is changing too. Some days I don't know who or what I am becoming. It's not like I am turning into anybody in my family.

The thought of raising farm animals, growing my own food and building my own home is awesome. Being an Angeleno means that I cannot reconcile living in a rural place with closed attitudes. That's been my challenge.

When I was in my teens and 20s, I was in woodsy/rural places for school and after I finished, I move back to CA because my Leo wanted us to come back to where we were from. By all accounts, New England was not suitable for my ex, as he can't stand the people being overly surly and direct. I don't like surly people, but I don't mind it, however I am at home with direct types. I dislike passive aggressiveness but that's what my ex preferred and I didn't mind making accommodations for him. My ex got tired of living in SF and wanted to chuck it out and run off to the middle of nowhere and be a mechanic and I can run an inn. I liked that idea, but I wanted to do that in LA and he hated LA, even though he married an Angeleno :lol: I couldn't imagine going to truly a middle of nowhere place. In my mind, the middle of nowhere is like somewhere in the San Fernando Valley or worse, the San Gabriel Valley. I didn't think my ex meant it literally.

Basically, I understand what you're going through. Although I think it'll be harder for me than for you, since you didn't grow up in LA and so you escaped some of the diva damage that LA would have inflicted on you had you stayed. I cannot live in a small minded sort of place. I dislike provincial personalities and I need to be around people who have some finesse and fabulousness in their lives, not track homes and diapers. YUCK.