I'm married, a young male tells me he likes me. Please read my chart!

marriedgirl

Hi,

I know a bit of Astrology in terms of personalities, but clueless when it comes to synastry charts.

I'm married just for a few months now. I recently befriended a young male (2 years younger than me) who tells me he likes me. He knows that I'm married. We have met online thru a game we both play.

Just to be clear, I have no intention of cheating against my husband. I just want to have an idea if continuing playing the online game and chatting with this person will lead to nothing bad. I really like the person genuinely as a friend.

Any insights will be appreciated.

Here are our birthcharts:
birthcharts.png

And here is the synastry chart:
synastry.png

Osamenor

Staff member
I only know a little about synastry... but I see that both of you have many personal planets in each other's fifth houses. My understanding is that shows great potential to be friends or short term lovers, or that you're likely to have a hobby in common, or both. You obviously do have a hobby in common if you met through an online game, and since he's expressed interest in you, the potential to be lovers is definitely being activated. If you never meet him in person, it won't be a physical affair, but it could be an emotional affair.

Here, the usefulness of astrology ends (at least, as far as I can tell) and common sense answers the rest of your question. Does your husband know about this friend of yours? If not, do you think he would be upset if he did? What constitutes cheating and what doesn't isn't necessarily seen the same way by everyone. Some people feel that their partner chatting with someone whose shown interest equals infidelity, while others wouldn't feel any infidelity is taking place unless there's an actual affair... and then what constitutes an actual affair can be tough to define, too. If you're sleeping with someone else behind your spouse's back, that's definitely an affair, but does flirtation count? Or going beyond just flirtation but not sleeping with them? Some people say yes, some say no, some say it depends.

What it really comes down to is, you're married, and presumably have promised to be faithful to your husband. The question is whether continuing to chat with this guy would be infidelity, or would potentially lead to infidelity. The answer to that question depends on what you and your husband feel equals infidelity.

In any case, this is not just a purely platonic friendship. If it were, chatting with your friend would not be infidelity even if your husband felt jealous about it (and if he did feel jealous of you having platonic male friends, that would be his problem). So you're on the slippery slope here. I can't say whether you should continue chatting with him or not, but you definitely need some clearly defined boundaries.

marriedgirl

Hello Osamenor,

Thank you for the reply. My husband knows about the existence of this person. Well, it does make him jealous a bit. I am a person with few friends really so I do kind of treasure the relationships I get, I guess.

Besides some occasional joking from the guy, I don't see anything really deep from it. That's why I was also curious if our charts would show that this is just a very casual friendship and continuing chatting with him will not be something to worry about.

I am set to meet him in the next 2 months (together with my husband of course), since he lives in the same country but different cities with me.