Help regarding disciplinary hearing

julia_Rodes

Dear horary friends, I would really appreciate help. This is the first time I have asked a horary question that is to do with someone else, not me, so tripping over the technicalities.

This man who I am in an on-off relationship with - he was referred to a professional regulatory body by a annoyed client some months ago. An investigation had already cleared my man of any wrongdoing or negligence, so this referral came as a shock. He is very distressed by it, and convinced (as a born pessimist) that he will end up facing a disciplinary hearing. Several colleagues and bosses, having reviewed all the evidence, don't feel there is a case to answer and have advised that the regulatory body will throw the case out. My man is at risk of losing all perspective and believes it will spell the end of his (very good and high achieving) career and livelihood.

So I asked the question: will the regulatory body go to a hearing? (The options basically are that they throw the referral out as no case to answer, or they decide there is a case to answer and it goes to a hearing - we want the former outcome)

I am the first house and he the seventh, so Jupiter in Virgo in his own 7th house. I can't work out what house will represent the professional regulatory body - it should be the 10th I guess to represent judges or those who will sit in judgement upon him. That would make it the turned tenth, Scorpio, it's ruler Mars is in its own house and strong, although weakened somewhat as retrograde.

Jupiter is in detriment in Virgo, which is accurate - he feels powerless and quite literally at the mercy of the regulatory body.

There is no aspect between Jupiter and Mars (that I can see); does that mean the answer to my question is a no, that the professional body won't go to a hearing? Or am I rushing to that conclusion in my eagerness for that answer?

This matters very much to me, as an aside. He needs my support while his thing is hanging over him. I know that as soon as it's gone, he'll be gone too, but I love him enough to want it to be gone and not plague him, even if it means losing him (I know how corny that sounds but I am serious)
I would really appreciate some help. Many thanks in anticipation.

http://www.astro.com/tmpd/cxrtfileiTNokt-u1132838820/astro_2gw_36_anonymous_hr.77820.5556.gif?54829

Kitchy

Banned
by the sounds of it - i would expect moon to show in 10th or 3rd house - otherwise, house of moon will determine the reason behind the question.

when discipline is part of horary - it is when moon approaches, meets and passes a planet - and probably saturn on her side in the passing.

3rd house 'disciplinary hearing' seems to be much about little school - "straighten up and fly right" or you get "booted" and of course saturn is usually involved in either scenario. "earing" is more of a standard operating procedure and you wouldn't be asking the same question if you truly felt you were going before a tribunal - so this is likely a straigten up and fly right thing.

julia_Rodes

by the sounds of it - i would expect moon to show in 10th or 3rd house - otherwise, house of moon will determine the reason behind the question.

when discipline is part of horary - it is when moon approaches, meets and passes a planet - and probably saturn on her side in the passing.

3rd house 'disciplinary hearing' seems to be much about little school - "straighten up and fly right" or you get "booted" and of course saturn is usually involved in either scenario. "earing" is more of a standard operating procedure and you wouldn't be asking the same question if you truly felt you were going before a tribunal - so this is likely a straigten up and fly right thing.

Kitchy, many thanks. My apologies for taking so long to respond but I was away.

I think my lack of understanding is showing - would a disciplinary hearing of this type be shown by third house? You are right that I do t really believe that this should or could go to a tribunal - my feeling is that at the most, they will tell him to straighten up, exactly as you've said. But he doesn't believe and I am hoping to reassure him (somewhat) with a Horary answer.

Julia

julia_Rodes

Is it possible to estimate timescales from this Horary? How long before he will find out the outcome? Or does that need a separate Horary? Thank you!

waybread

Julia, your chart has expired. Can you repost it? Not the way you did it before. Try attaching it as a clickable thumbnail.

I don't do timing, but I can try to tackle the question.

Can you also clarify, who referred this man to a disciplinary body for a hearing? The disgruntled client? Who conducted the initial investigation? Would the new hearing take place within a large professional organization or a state consumer protection office?

Can you say what is the profession? I ask because different professions may show up differently in the chart. Mercury rules accountants, Mars rules physicians, and so on.

Also, just to be clear-- you are the one asking the question? Your friend isn't the first house party asking the question through you?

julia_Rodes

Julia, your chart has expired. Can you repost it? Not the way you did it before. Try attaching it as a clickable thumbnail.

I don't do timing, but I can try to tackle the question.

Can you also clarify, who referred this man to a disciplinary body for a hearing? The disgruntled client? Who conducted the initial investigation? Would the new hearing take place within a large professional organization or a state consumer protection office?

Can you say what is the profession? I ask because different professions may show up differently in the chart. Mercury rules accountants, Mars rules physicians, and so on.

Also, just to be clear-- you are the one asking the question? Your friend isn't the first house party asking the question through you?

Waybead, I am very grateful for your time and expertise.

I am the one asking the question, not the man.

I am sorry I didn't provide more detail - some anxiety about potentially making it identifiable. Plus it's complicated! The man in question is a doctor, and a patient came to harm. The employing organisation conducted an investigation and found that the care my doctor friend provided was exemplary, but the harm to the patient was caused by environmental factors (the building) which was clearly outside my friend's control as the organisation owns the building and is responsible for it, not my friend, who is merely an employee.

However the patients mother was very unhappy and wanted a payout (I am merely staying facts, we all deal with unhappiness in different ways and none of us judge her for this -she's a deeply troubled woman) so asked an external organisation (which is responsible for health and safety) to refer my friend to the doctors' regulatory body. The external organisation did so. Now the matter is with the regulatory body (equivalent to a state consumer protection office) and they will make a decision about whether to investigate my friend further or not. They are currently reviewing all the evidence.

My friend is really my romantic interest, which is why I chose the seventh house for him.

Many thanks for your interest. I want to be able to reassure my friend that it will not come to anything. He has little confidence in his own ability as a result of this and is deeply pessimistic, believing that this will ruin his career.

Julia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

waybread

Julia, please keep in mind that I am only an amateur, and others in this forum are more experienced horary readers than I am, but here is how I read the chart.

Your romantic interest is the 7th house. With Pisces on the 7th house cusp, he's Jupiter in your first house, a strong house placement, but retrograde in the sign of its detriment which shows his feelings of being threatened. According to my handbook on rulerships, a tribunal type of committee would be a 9th house matter, so if we take the 9th from the 7th house, we look at the radix 3rd house. It is ruled by Venus, and secondarily by that Mars in Scorpio. Mars rules physicians, interestingly.

To put this all together, the aspect between Jupiter and Venus does perfect, suggesting that he will meet with the committee. But Jupiter and Venus are both beneficial planets and the trine is a positive aspect, so the meeting, if it occurs, should go well for this man. Mars, the secondary ruler of the third house, does not perfect its aspect with Jupiter, so there is a little conflicting testimony here-- but it signifies that the committee might not want to meet with him at all.

The moon, signifying agency in this chart, applies to one final aspect in this chart, a happy sextile with Mercury. Mercury is the communicator and messenger of the zodiac, so I think you will be pleased with the news. In the turned chart, Mercury is in this man's 4th, which signifies endings or the resolution of the matter. Fortuna is there, as well.

In summary, I think that if your friend/BF is called before a committee, the outcome should go well for him, and there is a chance he won't be called at all. Either way, I hope this will help him sleep at night. He may be in a field where angry, disappointed clients are extra-litigious, but the committee is probably aware of this.

One book I highly recommend is Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now, about how to minimize worrying about futures that will probably never materialize, anyway.

I don't know if either or you enjoy reading medical murder mysteries, but a really good author who wrote page-turners about doctors in difficulties was Michael Palmer, MD. These books might take your minds off the formal complaint while the committee reviews the evidence.

waybread

Thanks, Julia. I have to say that, the goal of an astrologer is not to say what the querent wants to hear. It is to read the truth from the chart as we understand it, even when we know the querent will not like the answer. For dependable supportive comments, your man probably needs to talk to friends or family who can be counted on to boost his spirits.

Oftentimes we do have to give querents negative answers so I am pleased that, in this case, I think the news is better than feared.

julia_Rodes

Thanks, Julia. I have to say that, the goal of an astrologer is not to say what the querent wants to hear. It is to read the truth from the chart as we understand it, even when we know the querent will not like the answer. For dependable supportive comments, your man probably needs to talk to friends or family who can be counted on to boost his spirits.

Oftentimes we do have to give querents negative answers so I am pleased that, in this case, I think the news is better than feared.

Oh I know Waybread - my own recent experience has been that when I ask Horary questions, I rarely hear what I want to hear, so in this case, it was very welcome and a much needed piece of positive news. I am very grateful.

Julia

julia_Rodes

Dear Waybread

We heard about this yesterday - the prifessional body commissioned an independent expert to review the case and he reported that he has no criticism of my friend at all. The case is now to be thrown out, so my friend will not have to go to a hearing. We are both enormously relieved.

And of course, you were right. I cannot thank you enough. I have read and reread your post here many times to reassure myself and it has kept me going. Thank you very much.

Julia

waybread

Julia, thanks so much for letting us know how the case turned out-- and with a happy ending!

Your feedback helps us to learn astrology.