How many Pluto sq the Nodes transits are over time in ones life?

athair

Hi; just the former question about how many Pluto transits sq the Nodes are to be expected over time; thanks a lot; greetings

Osamenor

Staff member
That depends on where your natal nodes are and which Pluto sign generation you belong to. Pluto's orbit is uneven. It spends anywhere from 12 years to over 30 years in a sign, and it takes 248 years to transit the whole zodiac. People born when Pluto is in its slow moving part of the zodiac might never have a Pluto square to their nodes in their lifetime. People born when Pluto is in the fast moving part of the zodiac may see a Pluto/node square, depending on how far Pluto is from squaring their natal nodes in the birth chart and how long they live, but even then it might not happen.

A very long lived person who's born with Pluto applying square to their natal nodes, and going into (but not already in) the faster part of its orbit, might live to see their Pluto opposition, in which case they'll get two Pluto/node squares in their lifetime. Everyone else sees only one Pluto/node square or none at all.

Last edited:

athair

That depends on where your natal nodes are and which Pluto sign generation you belong to. Pluto's orbit is uneven. It spends anywhere from 12 years to over 30 years in a sign, and it takes 248 years to transit the whole zodiac. People born when Pluto is in its slow moving part of the zodiac might never have a Pluto square to their nodes in their lifetime. People born when Pluto is in the fast moving part of the zodiac may see a Pluto/node square, depending on how far Pluto is from squaring their natal nodes in the birth chart and how long they live, but even then it might not happen.

A very long lived person who's born with Pluto applying square to their natal nodes, and going into (but not already in) the faster part of its orbit, might live to see their Pluto opposition, in which case they'll get two Pluto/node squares in their lifetime. Everyone else sees only one Pluto/node square or none at all.

Thank you; so people woth nodes in Libra-Aries had been subject to the square; and as far as Pluto will transit through Acquarius people with nodes in Scorpio-Taurus would go through the transit...also people that have nodes in Virgo-Pisces have had this transit as well prior to Pluto entering Capricorn(?)...greetings

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you; so people woth nodes in Libra-Aries had been subject to the square; and as far as Pluto will transit through Acquarius people with nodes in Scorpio-Taurus would go through the transit...also people that have nodes in Virgo-Pisces have had this transit as well prior to Pluto entering Capricorn(?)...greetings

Correct.

But none of those transits are fast, and not all human lives are long enough to see the Pluto/node square. I belong to the Pluto in Libra generation, one of the fastest moving Pluto signs, and I won't see a Pluto square to my nodes (late Scorpio/Taurus) until I'm around 70. If I were nine years older, my nodal axis would be the same (only with north and south node reversed), but I'd be pushing 80 by the time that square came along, and I would not have seen any previous Pluto square to my nodes. And, of course, the older you are before it happens, the lower the chance that you'll live to see it.

However, younger people with that nodal axis will get a Pluto square to their nodes fairly early in their lives.

athair

Correct.

But none of those transits are fast, and not all human lives are long enough to see the Pluto/node square. I belong to the Pluto in Libra generation, one of the fastest moving Pluto signs, and I won't see a Pluto square to my nodes (late Scorpio/Taurus) until I'm around 70. If I were nine years older, my nodal axis would be the same (only with north and south node reversed), but I'd be pushing 80 by the time that square came along, and I would not have seen any previous Pluto square to my nodes. And, of course, the older you are before it happens, the lower the chance that you'll live to see it.

However, younger people with that nodal axis will get a Pluto square to their nodes fairly early in their lives.

Thank you; i would ask if Pluto transit square the nodes is as comparable as to a Pluto transit either conjunct or opposite the Sun?
Greetings

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you; i would ask if Pluto transit square the nodes is as comparable as to a Pluto transit either conjunct or opposite the Sun?
Greetings

No, unless natal Sun is square the nodes. Then when Pluto is squaring the nodes, it would also be opposite or conjunct Sun.

Transits to the nodes are subtle, in my experience. To show up in a very big way, there has to be some other major transit happening at the same time. Which there can be. If there is, the transit to the nodes could heighten the influence of the other transit.

In the case of a square to the nodes, it would be especially pronounced if the squaring planet is at the north bendings (three signs past the north node and three signs earlier than the south node). If it's at the opposite spot, the south bendings, it will probably have a dissipating effect.

athair

No, unless natal Sun is square the nodes. Then when Pluto is squaring the nodes, it would also be opposite or conjunct Sun.

Transits to the nodes are subtle, in my experience. To show up in a very big way, there has to be some other major transit happening at the same time. Which there can be. If there is, the transit to the nodes could heighten the influence of the other transit.

In the case of a square to the nodes, it would be especially pronounced if the squaring planet is at the north bendings (three signs past the north node and three signs earlier than the south node). If it's at the opposite spot, the south bendings, it will probably have a dissipating effect.

Thank you; why is it so (just asking out of curiosity)? By the way, Pluto transit Cap sq Nodes is at the north bendings within chart;

Besides that, i wonder if the condition of Sun sq Asc plus Sun sq Moon (even more, with Sun Neptune ruler conjunct Moon natally) would yield a rather noticeable effect regarding transiting nodes through the houses (for instance, nodes at Scorpio-Taurus meaning 6-12 axis within chart seemingly brought a lot of health-medical issues recently); i mean, because of an underlying neptunian foggines issue regarding luminaries; as if the very set of luminaries were weekened over time somehow...(on behalf of something else) (?). Greetings

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you; why is it so (just asking out of curiosity)? By the way, Pluto transit Cap sq Nodes is at the north bendings within chart;

North node magnifies whatever it touches. South node dissipates. Their bendings have the same effect.

Besides that, i wonder if the condition of Sun sq Asc plus Sun sq Moon (even more, with Sun Neptune ruler conjunct Moon natally) would yield a rather noticeable effect regarding transiting nodes through the houses

For that to be at all relevant to the transiting nodes, the transiting nodes would have to be touching your Sun, Moon, or AC/DC. The nodes emphasize the message of whatever they're transiting. Not necessarily because they're the nodes, but because wherever the nodes are, that's where eclipses take place. When an eclipse takes place within orb of a placement in your chart, you're especially affected by it. The effects of an eclipse on something in your chart may be felt as much as six months to a year before and after.

I suspect that when you've felt strongly affected by a nodal transit, the real effect was from the eclipses. Check the eclipse dates for when you had those transits. What in your chart, if anything, was within 2-3 degrees of the sun, moon, or a node during the eclipse?

Placements in square to the eclipsing sun, moon, or nodes, with an orb of up to 2 or 3 degrees, would also be affected.

Last edited:

athair

North node magnifies whatever it touches. South node dissipates. Their bendings have the same effect.

For that to be at all relevant to the transiting nodes, the transiting nodes would have to be touching your Sun, Moon, or AC/DC. The nodes emphasize the message of whatever they're transiting. Not necessarily because they're the nodes, but because wherever the nodes are, that's where eclipses take place. When an eclipse takes place within orb of a placement in your chart, you're especially affected by it. The effects of an eclipse on something in your chart may be felt as much as six months to a year before and after.

I suspect that when you've felt strongly affected by a nodal transit, the real effect was from the eclipses. Check the eclipse dates for when you had those transits. What in your chart, if anything, was within 2-3 degrees of the sun, moon, or a node during the eclipse?

Placements in square to the eclipsing sun, moon, or nodes, with an orb of up to 2 or 3 degrees, would also be affected.

Thank you; 2020 brought a Lunar eclipse conjunct moon in sag (1 degree orb) plus a solar eclipse conjunct sag asc (0 degree orb)(sq sun 2deg orb); 2021 brought a lunar eclipse conjunct natal.jupiter (seemingly the ruler of the chart at 6th house-health issues ruling the chart?; which is sq Mars) at 1 degree orb; and then again, an eclipse (this time a solar one) conjunct (4 degre orb) moon.

Transit pluto sq nodes have been transiting 2nd house; it seems like money issues are being activated durint Pluto squares to the nodes (?).

Greetings

Last edited: