Is Culinary Arts a good career for Taurus?

Cary2

Banned
While Sun sign may be influential in careers, it is not very critical or determinant. One-twelfth the earth's population is Taurus Sun, so I don't think that will help much in career guidance. That is an over simplification inherited from Sun Sign Astrology which works on the proposition that there are only 12 types of people in the world.

Culinary is more often signaled by significant contacts between Moon and MC, or with configurations that include Moon and MC. Some have MC at the Moon/Uranus midpoint. Others have Moon-Venus conjunction sextile MC.

Emeril Lagasse has a Grand Trine MC/Moon/Jupiter.

Julia Child has AS/MC/Moon Grand Trine.

In the above examples, it is Moon/MC that is critical. Moon symbolizes domestic things, and cooking is a very domestic thing.

ChildOfVenus

While Sun sign may be influential in careers, it is not very critical or determinant. One-twelfth the earth's population is Taurus Sun, so I don't think that will help much in career guidance. That is an over simplification inherited from Sun Sign Astrology which works on the proposition that there are only 12 types of people in the world.

Culinary is more often signaled by significant contacts between Moon and MC, or with configurations that include Moon and MC. Some have MC at the Moon/Uranus midpoint. Others have Moon-Venus conjunction sextile MC.

Emeril Lagasse has a Grand Trine MC/Moon/Jupiter.

Julia Child has AS/MC/Moon Grand Trine.

In the above examples, it is Moon/MC that is critical. Moon symbolizes domestic things, and cooking is a very domestic thing.

I do have MC in Taurus but I've been told that I should study Social Work or Mortuary Science. My MC ruler is in my 8th house.

q62kvIzn_o.png

Cary2

Banned
How do you feel about mortuary science? How do you feel about culinary?

What have you drifted toward? What have you preferred in your thoughts when you considered career?

I am not an astrologer who is much impressed with the dispositor method, and mortuary denizen might not be my choice if I were.

Cary2

Banned
You have MC at the midpoint of Moon/AS, so culinary looks strong at this point.

You have Neptune oppose AS/MC, so you may be confused or misguided about career path. One of your strengths is your sensibleness and your wealth of ideas.

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

You have MC at the midpoint of Moon/AS, so culinary looks strong at this point.

You have Neptune oppose AS/MC, so you may be confused or misguided about career path. One of your strengths is your sensibleness and your wealth of ideas.

I feel that Mortuary Science fits my 8th house my MC ruler is in the 8th house but used to think about Culinary Arts.

Cary2

Banned
Neptune opposed to MC/AS and trine to Sun. Moon square Pluto near the angles. Social work is consistent with that. Neptune is close to general welfare, and Moon/Pluto is consistent with therapy.

katydid

Culinary Arts is a good field for Taurus natives....however they may need to be cautious with weight gain and health issues if they are prone to such. [which many Taureans can be]

ChildOfVenus

Culinary Arts is a good field for Taurus natives....however they may need to be cautious with weight gain and health issues if they are prone to such. [which many Taureans can be]

What do you think about Mortuary Science for my chart? Career isn't usually based on the Sun sign.

katydid

What do you think about Mortuary Science for my chart? Career isn't usually based on the Sun sign.

Some aspects of mortuary science may fit well with your 8th house stellium.

But I imagine it is an acquired taste. I have 4 placements in the 8th, and I can see myself assisting families during a time of loss and grief. Helping them plan a service and get through those rough times, etc.

However, I could not work with the bodies and all that stuff. Is it something you think you can handle?

brainpuddle

As a 10th House Sun in Taurus, I'd say it's quite likely that culinary arts would suit you. Almost every Taurus I've known has at least enjoyed it as a hobby, and that 10th House reinforcement would make it even more viable in your case.

But obviously, you should do whatever makes you feel fulfilled and enthused. Our needs can manifest themselves in unexpected ways, don't let the chart dictate your whole life.

ChildOfVenus

As a 10th House Sun in Taurus, I'd say it's quite likely that culinary arts would suit you. Almost every Taurus I've known has at least enjoyed it as a hobby, and that 10th House reinforcement would make it even more viable in your case.

But obviously, you should do whatever makes you feel fulfilled and enthused. Our needs can manifest themselves in unexpected ways, don't let the chart dictate your whole life.

But my Sun is in the 9th house.