Cancer as the start of the Zodiac makes more sense

david starling

Adding to the OP post, Leo is the sign of family togetherness. I suppose we can declare June 21st (the northern summer and southern winter solstices) as the new year instead of Jan 1st, Mar 21st or Nov 1st, varies by religion, culture and astronomical POVs. The sun was in Cancer in the northern spring/southern fall equinoxes 8,000 years ago, when recorded history of human civilization had it's very beginnings.

You mean the Sun was in the CONSTELLATION now known as "Cancer" in the tropical and sidereal zodiacs at the Equinoxes 8000 years ago?

david starling

No, water is always cold. Air and especially Fire can be hot. If you didn't know, water boils at certain temperature. This is why Cancer, Leo and Virgo are fiery, and the opposing places Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces are watery.

But, in the physical sense, the Sun heats water.

YonyGursho

Sorry to hear about your suffering from loneliness. What Sign is your Moon in? Btw, I label H12 as the House of the Imagination, so it's not as limited as usually described. [IMO]

Thank you for your consideration :) My moon is in pisces and is mostly afflicated and has only one positive aspect and its with my natal neptune in aquarius.

H12 does = imagination. But Pisces = imagination, where as no other sign does, so clearly I must be right.

Also, you have to remember that every sign is flawed, thus every sign has it's positive and negative traits. This is why pisces rules both imagination (a trait that in most cases can bring negative or positive results) AND loneliness (a trait that is only negative.) Pisces = loneliness because of the negative manifestations of it pisces being imagination. Imagination can be used either to help you or hurt you.

If you have a healthy amount of imagination then you will do good, an unhealthy amount is bad.

Or take the fact that in some cases imagination will just hurt you no matter what, whereas in some it will only help.

Last edited:

david starling

Thank you for your consideration :) My moon is in pisces and is mostly afflicated and has only one positive aspect and its with my natal neptune in aquarius.

H12 does = imagination. But Pisces = imagination, where as no other sign does, so clearly I must be right.

Moon in Pisces gives a Sense of Purpose, which can cause emotional distress when obstacles seem insurmountable. Have you posted your chart in the Read My Chart forum?

YonyGursho

Moon in Pisces gives a Sense of Purpose, which can cause emotional distress when obstacles seem insurmountable. Have you posted your chart in the Read My Chart forum?

Its more like obstacles seem insurmountable, and every thing seems like an obstacle, lol. My ascendant is conjunct my moon and asc is responsible for my body having a few rare physical impairments, given my ASC's sign and it's aspects. So that contributes massively to my mood being what it is too.

I have posted it in a few posts in that forum before, though I cant remember which threads.

david starling

Re: Aries as beginning makes sense to me, to Alimal

Death is the ground of all consciousness and the starting point of philosophy. Thankfully, that drastically complicates the attempt to craft a kind of conscious artificial intelligence - unless that unit is somehow aware of the planned or unplanned obsolescence of its hardware or its programming and its interdependence on future models, it cannot be said to be truly conscious.

But in the cycle of Houses, wouldn't actual death be an H12 matter? H8 would be an awareness of mortality, not physical death itself. It's said that teenagers tend to be oblivious to the concept of mortality.

david starling

Is it a freezing, watery and boiling sign at the same time? :biggrin:
Also have you noticed how cold is it in July in general?

Emotion is the province of the standard "Water-sign". And, emotions can run hot to cold. Are we mixing metaphors? Emotional "coldness" can occur in any climate . Same as "warm" or "hot" emotions.

david starling

Re: Aries as beginning makes sense to me, to Alimal

Yes, at least in US culture, mortality as a concept is very foreign to teenagers; there is little philosophical/religious, cultural, or even physical reason to be aware of it. We have stripped them of symbolic awareness as well as physical, and any risk taking behavior is devoid of meaning since we have surgeons or therapists who can just fix that stuff up.

An awareness of mortality is linked to actual mortality, ideally they coincide in a harmonious way. But actual death can't be a H12 thing because it is death of the physical body, not of the transpersonal self.

Thinking of the Houses as demarcations of the life-cycle (which I think is what's being proposed), then wouldn't actual death for H8 end the cycle there?

petosiris

Banned
The other problem with Cancer is not that it is just hot, it is actually dry. For that reason, the vernal signs are generally preferable to the summery ones.