6th house exalted, combust mercury for Aries ascendant

astrowanderer

I am told that 6th house planets signify evil planets. I am an Aries ascendant and have Mercury, exalted, retrograde and combust in 6th house. Also Mercury is a functional malefic for Aries ascendants. Does it imply that is a huge benefic or a huge malefic for me? Can wearing an emerald intensify health problems for me?

Astrowanderer

astrowanderer

I am told that 6th house planets signify evil planets. I am an Aries ascendant and have Mercury, exalted, retrograde and combust in 6th house. Also Mercury is a functional malefic for Aries ascendants. Does it imply that is a huge benefic or a huge malefic for me? Can wearing an emerald intensify health problems for me?

Astrowanderer

Zarathu

Account Closed

Astrowanderer

Anyone who told you that is a very very very beginning astrologer. Its not true. To determine what might really be going on, though, you would need to post a chart.

JUPITERASC

Astrowanderer
EXPLANATION OF FUNCTIONAL MALEFIC PLANETS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmHHDlJP3bU
Anyone who told you that is a very very very beginning astrologer. Its not true. To determine what might really be going on, though, you would need to post a chart.
On the contrary, astrowanderer has simply been advised by a Vedic astrologer :smile:

According to Vedic astrology, EVERY ascendant has a functional malefic and that is correct information with reference to Vedic astrology.

Zarathu

Account Closed
On the contrary, astrowanderer has simply been advised by a Vedic astrologer :smile:

According to Vedic astrology, EVERY ascendant has a functional malefic and that is correct information with reference to Vedic astrology.

I stand corrected. However, astrowanderer made no mention of a vedic interpretation. Perhaps you are more psychic than anyone thought.:cool:

JUPITERASC

I stand corrected. However, astrowanderer made no mention of a vedic interpretation. Perhaps you are more psychic than anyone thought.:cool:
Not necessarily :smile:

Clearly you are completely unaware that
one does not require 'more psychic powers than anyone thought'
in order to comprehend the following simple sentences

Astrowanderer
JMO psychic powers are extraneous
BECAUSE
although I claim no expertise regarding vedic astrology
JMO many would immediately recognise that astrowanderer is referring to Vedic astrology
simply because astrowanderer mentions 'functional benefic' and also asks a question regarding the wearing of an emerald
:smile:

M

may28gemini

1. Virgo Mercury isn't exalted but domicile. Just as Gemini Mercury is domicile.
2. Mercury is neutral and depends on night or day chart. In your case, I assume you have a night chart since your Mercury is below the horizon. Virgo is nocturnal Mercury (Gemini is diurnal Mercury) so it works.
3. As for the combustion (being less than 8 degrees away from the Sun), I don't think that's enough to make your Mercury malefic as it's already well placed in both sign and house (6th house traditionally belongs to Mercury).

astrowanderer

Thanks for your reply. Am new to this. Just for information, my D.O.B is 14th September, 1963, time 9.23 p.m., Mumbai. Have an Aries ascendant, am in editing/publishing profession and had been advised by a renowned astrologer to wear a yellow sapphire, ruby and pearl for my profession and my digestion and acidity problems. Have more than four retrograde planets in chart including Jupiter retrograde in 12th house, Saturn retrograde in 10th house and Mercury retrograde in 6th house, besides 3rd house Rahu and 7th house Ketu. I was told not to wear an emerald under all circumstances. However a recent astrological consultation suggested that I should switch over to wearing a hessonite and an emerald since that was the best solution for my problems of health and increasing competition from other professionals. Can anyone please advise me on this?

Thanks

JUPITERASC

Thanks for your reply. Am new to this.
astrowanderer, remember that Vedic astrology is not 'wrong' - Vedic astrology is just a different astrological method from Western Tropical astrology.

FOR VEDIC ASTROLOGY PRACTITIONERS then Mercury IS a functional malefic for Aries Ascendant :smile: BUT Western Tropical astrologers use a different method.

EXPLANATION of the important VEDIC astrology technique FUNCTIONAL MALEFIC PLANET http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmHHDlJP3bU
Just for information, my D.O.B is 14th September, 1963, time 9.23 p.m., Mumbai.

HOW TO ATTACH NATAL CHART IMAGE TO POSTS ON THIS FORUM instructions at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126
....Have an Aries ascendant, am in editing/publishing profession and had been advised by a renowned astrologer to wear a yellow sapphire, ruby and pearl for my profession and my digestion and acidity problems. Have more than four retrograde planets in chart including Jupiter retrograde in 12th house, Saturn retrograde in 10th house and Mercury retrograde in 6th house, besides 3rd house Rahu and 7th house Ketu. I was told not to wear an emerald under all circumstances. However a recent astrological consultation suggested that I should switch over to wearing a hessonite and an emerald since that was the best solution for my problems of health and increasing competition from other professionals. Can anyone please advise me on this?
Thanks
dr. farr has a thread that discusses GEMS + STONES TRIDOSHA AFFINITIES at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26898
so posting your question there would enable dr. farr to respond to your hessonite/emerald enquiry

The_Saturnian

However a recent astrological consultation suggested that I should switch over to wearing a hessonite and an emerald since that was the best solution for my problems of health and increasing competition from other professionals. Can anyone please advise me on this?

Depending on where Mercury (or any other planet for that matter) is placed and/or aspected in a subject's charts, its bala (strength) is strengthened or weakened. Perhaps, you may be going through your Budha Mahadasha, which lasts a maximum of 17 years. In case you didn't know what this is, it is your period of Mercury's influence and this may not necessarily prove to be favourable for you hence the reason why the jyotisha (astrologer) advised you to wear an emerald gem. He either told you to wear round your neck in the form of a pendant or on the right hand pinkie finger in gold or silver right? Yea, that's a common suggestion from many Vedic astrologers. I myself wear one. Some Jyothishas advise you to wear gems perpetually, or for the duration of the dasha/mahadasha periods.

I am told that 6th house planets signify evil planets.

Yes and no. Generally speaking, it is said in the basics of Vedic astrology that there are 3 evil or dushthana houses. These are 6th (enemies/health), 8th (inheritance/in-laws) and 12th (losses/moksha). I'll promulgate at this stage that I am by no means any expert, I can confirm that if you planets in 6th house that are not necessarily evil. If they were then what about the planets occupying the dushthanas in the 108 divisional charts (harmonics in the Western system)? If there was say Sun in the 8th in D-6 or sasthama chart does this mean you have an evil Sun? No. It depends on many factors. Aspects, on going dasha, on going mahadasha, placement of the planets in a sign and placements of the planets in the 108 divisional charts for a start.

Hope this helped :).