Another name for the sign of "Cancer"

Whoam1

Cancer is Latin for crab, if anyone is wondering. Also Pisces rules mermaids not cancer. The symbol represents the shell of a crab.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Mermaids for Cancer makes sense because Cancer is a maternal sign and the moon is the feminine symbol. Pisces still has Dolphins 🐬

I used to think Pisces for Mermaids but I am kind of sold in Mermaid for Cancer now I think.

Even Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Mer, Leo, Virgo etc.

It’s not too bad. It will still always being universally called Cancer but can be a nice personalised change among some groups.

Cancer for Crab is fine and I don’t mind the word Cancer anyway but Mer is nice.

Last edited:

Whoam1

Mermaids for Cancer makes sense because Cancer is a maternal sign and the moon is the feminine symbol. Pisces still has Dolphins 🐬

I used to think Pisces for Mermaids but I am kind of sold in Mermaid for Cancer now I think.

Even Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Mer, Leo, Virgo etc.

It’s not too bad. It will still always being universally called Cancer but can be a nice personalised change among some groups.

Cancer for Crab is fine and I don’t mind the word Cancer anyway but Mer is nice.

Except Pisces rules mermaids. As they rule the realm of fantasy, and Neptune rules Pisces and he has dominion over merfolk.

Further more ancient merfolk (like sirens) would have perhaps been in Capricorns realm, singing under the light of the Moon and pulling men down to the bottom of the sea (and raping them depending on what myth).

Ukpoohbear

In the spirit of revolution I say Mermaid and Mermen suit Cancer more.

I don’t agree they are in the realm of fantasy unless you can offer up proof to show me otherwise.

Last edited:

Whoam1

In the spirit of revolution I say Mermaid and Mermen suit Cancer more.

I don’t agree they are in the realm of fantasy unless you can offer up proof to show me otherwise.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did exist. However in the light that we see or imagine them I highly doubt it.

david starling

Except Pisces rules mermaids. As they rule the realm of fantasy, and Neptune rules Pisces and he has dominion over merfolk.

Further more ancient merfolk (like sirens) would have perhaps been in Capricorns realm, singing under the light of the Moon and pulling men down to the bottom of the sea (and raping them depending on what myth).

For me, the Moon rules Merfolk (maybe a good 2-syllable name for the Sign!), and the Moon is Motivational for Pisces.
Capricorns are Kids at heart, although they try to act adult. :biggrin:

Whoam1

For me, the Moon rules Merfolk (maybe a good 2-syllable name for the Sign!), and the Moon is Motivational for Pisces.
Capricorns are Kids at heart, although they try to act adult. :biggrin:

Aw that's cute. Except they can get **** done (MLK). As a Mars in cap sidereal Sun in cap tropical I can say that with confidence that the shadow side caps carry us real, also that they are crazy and wild (dancing around the fire naked on some plant that gives them a trip). Also fairly certain it's my Cap energy that has the stomach to handle any task at hand.

CapAquaPis

Cancerians are known as moonchild(ren) or the sign is simply "Moonchild", cus Cancer is ruled by the Moon and is the symbol of family and children. I don't believe the sign needs to be renamed, due to sensitivity of a term about a disease. I do know in medical astrology in ancient times, Cancer was associated with disease, esp. the one the sign gives its name to.

david starling

Cancerians are known as moonchild(ren) or the sign is simply "Moonchild", cus Cancer is ruled by the Moon and is the symbol of family and children. I don't believe the sign needs to be renamed, due to sensitivity of a term about a disease. I do know in medical astrology in ancient times, Cancer was associated with disease, esp. the one the sign gives its name to.

Not feelin' it? I mean using "Mer" for the name and the Mermaid for the symbol?

Whoam1

Isn't the the (non-Zodiacal) constellation "the Archer", aiming an arrow at the constellation Scorpio?

And Scorpio is stinging Ophicious [thus why Ophicious isn't a sign itself]. Also Capricorn is withholding therefore mysterious because of lack of information. I wouldn't call sag a mystery as much as a rarity, like a diamond, therefore sought after (they don't like being chased).

Pisces is mysterious in a dramatic sense. Scorpio isn't mysterious in my experince they just don't say much and are blunt as hell when they do.

Ukpoohbear

Centaurs are definitely Sagittarius. The arrow points to something important, the galactic centre i think. Or was that the tail of the Scorpion?

It would be amazing to do a fantasy creature star sign list. Or to rethink the theory behind the naming now science has evolved, crabs don’t spend a lot of time underwater.