plastic surgery and uranus/chiron transits?

https://ibb.co/xHCnsRy
xHCnsRy

Here's my natal chart with transits for 24/06/2019. I'm planning to have blepharoplasty on 24th and 5th day after if no complications arise filler around eyes.
Luckily this day Chiron already trines natal Ascendant (2.45a) and Uranus trines natal Chiron (2.45a too) but on the other hand Uranus squares natal Sun (2.15s), Venus (0.41s) and Ascendant (2.56s)!
I feel it might be interesting period but at the same time I'm very concerned if I should have surgery that time. I've selected equal house system as I feel my natal chiron is located in 1st house - I was bullied in my school years for dark circles under eyes and the way I was dressed and people perceive my as somehow suffering miserable and shy person so I wish surgery would help to heal this chiron-like wound. However according to Watler D. Pullen's calculations Uranus is very strong planet in my chart and soon bringing conflict energy to my ascendant and two planets (sun and venus) having natally aspect to it...
Please let me know your opinion. I'm so confused...

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Uranus transits stay in place for a very long time. You'll have Uranus within orb of that square for the next couple years, give or take a few months.

If this were medically necessary surgery, I would say you can't afford to wait. But since this is elective cosmetic surgery, not medically necessary at all, I think it's good to proceed with caution. Uranus aspects, hard ones especially, suggest unexpected outcomes. If you expect this surgery to change your life for the better, I think that's not going to happen. We could also be looking at a situation where the surgery does you medical harm and/or makes you look worse - not guaranteed to happen, but possible.

Transits connected with surgery tend to reflect the reasons for having surgery. In your case, I see plenty that says you should really take a good look at your motives for having it:

Moon conjunct Neptune on the surgery date, and square your natal Moon and transiting Venus. Neptune is actually the one I think worth looking at the most, because its square to your natal Moon is a long-lasting transit, and that it squares t-Venus on that date (while Venus will have just transited your Moon) adds more to the picture. The Moon being conjunct Neptune serves to really shine a light on that aspect.

Neptune is illusion, deep desires, dissolving things. Pisces amplifies that message. Neptune-Moon-Venus seems to me to be showing an illusion of beauty. Seems to me that you're operating under an illusion of what it takes to be beautiful. The square hits your eleventh house (society, groups, associates) which is in Gemini (talk) and you've got a Moon/Mercury trine (also talk, ideas; Mercury in Aquarius correlates with group ideas, social expectations)... you seem to have internalized what society tells you about beauty.

Because Neptune is dissolution, I see another significant possibility here that you'll end up looking worse than before, or with a genuine medical problem. That Neptune-energy might indicate a dissolution of something you need: maybe too much muscle or skin getting removed, maybe nerve damage. Neptune is also associated with blindness, usually in a metaphoric sense - as in, blinded by love - but considering that vision problems are a possible side effect of blepharoplasty, and sometimes complete vision loss occurs, it might mean literally going blind.

Mars and Mercury (the planets that traditionally rule surgeons/physicians and surgery), meanwhile, will be transiting your twelfth house of hidden motives. Mars is in its detriment (Cancer), which is considered not such a good time for surgery (unless, that is, it's medically necessary surgery that can't be postponed). That it's your twelfth house seems especially bad for you - to look at it in a more traditional way, there's lots to go wrong when the twelfth house is involved - but I think this is also speaking to secret motives on your part. Secret, that is, from yourself.

Notably, this will be at the time of your Mars opposition. Your natal Mars is in a very strong position - sign of its exaltation, house of its joy, part of a stellium - much stronger than this transiting Cancer Mars. I would say your natal Mars shows your own innate strength, while this opposing Mars shows a false strength that you're trying to replace your own with. In other words, your illusory idea of beauty.

You may think that this surgery will improve your life, but the real reasons for your unhappiness are not really about your looks. It's emotional. Changing your looks isn't going to change your deep down emotions, even if nothing else goes wrong. That's almost always true when people without deformities (bags under the eyes are not a deformity, unless they're interfering with your vision) have cosmetic surgery, but there's astrological evidence to back that up. There's a lot of "not what it seems to be" going on (Neptune, 12th house), and a lot in your natal chart to indicate that you are actually a very strong person, but you're quite vulnerable to social opinion. If you were bullied, that is a deeply wounding experience, and it fits with that vulnerability to social opinion.

Thank you so much for such a comprehensive reply! Your remarks sound adequate... maybe except mars influence (being passive, painfully agreeable and polite in social situations and feeling weak) or I can't find locate its intensive manifestation...

My motivation comes from past events when I've become alienated because of my appearance in such a tricky way. My face can look very different, depending on light intensity, angle, how far I'm standing etc. Sometimes dark circles are barely visible, another time shadow around eyes is very deep, creating sick and tired look.

Paradoxically I was told a couple of times both - that I'm a good-looking person but also even straight into my face - that I'm ugly or I look much worse than they orginally thought and I'm not considering here family or friends but people who showed some physical attraction at first!
I know - these are superficial tendencies and I should simply ignore it... but I can't. It leads to obssesion of checking myself in a mirror or paying loads of attention to reactions which might give me a clue how my face look at current moment whereas I should be focused on topic of a conversation!

I try to avoid people in real life because of this recuring fear and anger they might again change their approach because of my unstable apperance. Then I disappoint them with my look and they disappoint me with their value system. It's so insane circle... So in this case surgery could be a way to finally express myself more spontanuously and truly. I know ways how to find if people appreciate more apperance then personality so this is not a thing to worry about.

If you are still disposed to answer....How should I determine good time for surgery then? Is it actually possible with having so many squares in one's natal chart?

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
If you are still disposed to answer....How should I determine good time for surgery then? Is it actually possible with having so many squares in one's natal chart?

I have trouble reading your post because you didn't put any spaces between lines. Please break your posts into paragraphs and put spaces between them. No more than 4 or 5 sentences a paragraph keeps them readable.

I did pick up this last bit, and determining a good time for surgery is always complicated. Even when surgery is medically necessary, what typically happens is that you have to schedule it for the least bad time, but you'll never find an ideal time - and that's if you have any choice. When surgery is medically necessary, you have little or no leeway on the timing.

But because this is not medically necessary surgery, and because I'm seeing so much here that suggests unexamined needs and motives, I suspect that any date you choose is going to have a lot of those same indicators. Even if the transits have changed - for instance, Mars and Mercury no longer being in your twelfth house - something else will come along to give a similar message. That's what happens when the universe is trying to tell you to rethink it.

If you could break up your post more, I could easily read it and work with the rest.

Also, your chart has expired. To post a version that won't expire, follow the instructions here: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you so much for such a comprehensive reply! Your remarks sound adequate... maybe except mars influence (being passive, painfully agreeable and polite in social situations and feeling weak) or I can't find locate its intensive manifestation...
That's a sign that you've given your Mars power away. There's no way you could have such a strong Mars and not experience its power for yourself... unless you've disowned it. People who have a strong Mars and disown it inevitably find it reflected back to them, in extremely negative ways, by others. Women are especially prone to disowning their Mars, because the traits of a strong Mars are traits generally considered to be masculine.
My motivation comes from past events when I've become alienated because of my appearance in such a tricky way. My face can look very different, depending on light intensity, angle, how far I'm standing etc. Sometimes dark circles are barely visible, another time shadow around eyes is very deep, creating sick and tired look.
If the bags under your eyes aren't even visible except in certain light or at a certain angle, surgery can't really fix them. That adds credibility to the sense I got from the transit chart that having your eyes tightened is likely to take too much away from you. There may not really be that much to tighten. You could lose too much, get too much tightness in your face.

I see you were born in Poland. If you still live there, I have no idea if acupuncture/TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) is available in Poland, or if there are perhaps other traditional forms of medicine practiced there that might do similar things... but in TCM, bags under the eyes are considered a sign of kidney weakness.

That's not the same thing as kidney disease, and probably not anything a medical doctor would identify as a problem, but according to TCM practitioners, it's an imbalance that needs correcting. Surgery on your face would do nothing to correct the underlying imbalance. If anything, it would make the kidney imbalance worse, because any surgery is a major stress on the body, and stress is processed in the kidneys, which means even more stress to the kidneys and an even greater imbalance.

A TCM practitioner would treat a kidney imbalance with acupuncture and herbal formulas. Is that something you could look into?

Paradoxically I was told a couple of times both - that I'm a good-looking person but also even straight into my face - that I'm ugly or I look much worse than they orginally thought and I'm not considering here family or friends but people who showed some physical attraction at first!
I know - these are superficial tendencies and I should simply ignore it... but I can't. It leads to obssesion of checking myself in a mirror or paying loads of attention to reactions which might give me a clue how my face look at current moment whereas I should be focused on topic of a conversation!
Looks do matter. They affect how we get treated. It's not superficial to be concerned about that. People who think worrying about your looks is superficial and frivolous, are people who haven't been told they're ugly or had others react as if they were.

That said, when people are very heavily concerned about their looks - to the point that they expect surgical changes in their looks to completely change their lives - that concern about looks is a proxy for everything they don't like about their lives or themselves. This isn't really about your looks alone. I think it has more to do with your deep down self image. Which perfectly reflects Chiron as you've noted, and Chiron trining your ascendant. Trines are smoothly flowing energy, but they don't always mean things go well for you.

A trine from Chiron to your AC, right when you're planning cosmetic surgery, could simply indicate that this is a time when your appearance and sense of self (AC) easily connects with the deep emotional wounds in your life (Chiron). That in itself doesn't tell us how surgery would actually go. If you have surgery, it could just as easily mangle your looks as improve them. That smooth flowing Chiron/AC energy can work either way.

I've also noticed that it seems to be very common for people with Leo rising to connect any self esteem issues they have with their appearance, or with being liked (or not liked) by others, or both. That usually doesn't mean appearance or likability is the root cause of the self esteem issues, but filtered through a Leo ascendant, it's often felt perceived to be.

The next stone to turn over is your sun and Venus, which I think matter a lot here. But I don't have time for that now, so it will have to wait.