Venus and Neptune in synastry

hermetic

I was hoping one could shed some light on this

one person has Virgo Venus than is squaring another's Neptune, and the other person has a Pisces Venus that squares first person's Nepune, in Sagittarius. So, Venus are in an exact opposition, and you basicaly have doubled square aspect?
what could this result in? I know Venus and Neptune in hard aspects bring illusions, and shared between both parties - one grand illusion:confused:
Could this be real love or is this Neptune ruining any chances of relationship being seen clearly by both persons?
besides this, there are no other hard aspects, and quite a lot of positive ones.
what does everyone think on this?

jjj

I had a very strong Neptune synastry with someone I loved very strongly (his Neptune in Scorpio conjuncting my Venus (0 degr), Mars, Jupiter, Vertex). Our relationship was VERY idealized and existed mainly in our heads (or in my head). But he was thrilled too, I could tell. He grabbed for sigarettes (non-smoker) every time he saw me (what happened very rarely). There were very strong fears from both parts. We were probably afraid to dissolve in each other.

It was the most beautiful and romantic romance in my life so far. But nothing came out of it (except a brief affair). But it marked me for life (him too, I think).

So attention is required...;)

Plutonian Persona

Neptune in synastry...illusion or unconditional love??? Well, maybe it's both...

My fiancee and I have an interesting synastry where Neptune is concerned:

My Sun exact sextile her Neptune.
My Saturn square her Neptune.

Her Jupiter conjunct my Neptune.
Her South Node conjunct my Neptune.

Our relationship is quite possibly the most amazing connection I have ever had with another person in my life: she is definitely a "soul mate" in every sense of the word. However, it is becoming increasingly obvious that the beginning of our relationship was developed under a Neptunian fog and now we are into the cold, hard Saturnine reality of life.

It doesn't help that her main natal planet happens to be Neptune (which is in Sagittarius) and my main natal planet is Venus (which is in Scorpio).

The Archer vs. The Scorpion is what this relationship has developed into...

waybread

Plutonian, I think you have given a terrific description of Neptune. Illusion or disillusionment? A reality beyond the mundane, or a mere fantasy? Now you see it, now you don't.

My Neptune broadly conjuncts my husband's sun and trines his Mars. I do feel that he is my soul mate, but also that this does not necessarily confer a happy-ever-after ending to our story. For one thing, my natal planets can over-activate his T-square.

But how does your synastry look overall? The main things I would look for are harmonious relationships between your suns, moons conjunct or harmoniously aspected, and good reverse Mars-Venus synastry (as in his Mars trines her Venus, her Mars conjuncts her Venus or somesuch.) And what about your composite chart? Sometimes the synastry can look gosh-awful, but then the composite chart suggests that the relationship actually works very well.

"True love never runs smooth...."

aquarius7000

Hi,

Just wanted to quickly add something that I experienced in a partnership.
Neptune can also be 'blinding to the partner's faults', making you see everything about the partner/relationship through 'rose-tinted glasses' (like living upto the 'love-is-blind' phrase). It can also add an elusive quality on the downside (we had Nep sq Ven), where you feel that you don't fully connect, like just when you are there, it all escapes you again.

Thinking of those practical, always living in the here-and-now reality and down-to-"earth" signs, esp Tau and Cap, at least hard Nep aspects must make them go crazy.

:)aquarius7000

wintersprite1

Premium Member
hermetic said:
one person has Virgo Venus than is squaring another's Neptune, and the other person has a Pisces Venus that squares first person's Nepune, in Sagittarius. So, Venus are in an exact opposition, and you basicaly have doubled square aspect?
what could this result in?

Hermetic,

This is a bit of a unique synastry that isn't considered in the "over the counter" type delineations. Both of these people have lived their entire lives with their own Venus squared Neptune... and they have had to interact with an entire generation that their Venus squared everyone elses Neptune. The out come will be better judged on their own personal development with the aspect. Has one or both overcome the negative aspects? If they have not on their own, there won't be much of a chance they will together. In a case like this, I would focus on the positive points of Neptune, as Venus does have an affinity for the planet and treat Neptune as a Midpoint instead of as a square. Yay midpoint!! Maybe spending time at the movies, or volunteering together at a shelter, or going to a religious service together, or even a day at the aquarium....

TK

chris10

Could this be real love or is this Neptune ruining any chances of relationship being seen clearly by both persons?
besides this, there are no other hard aspects, and quite a lot of positive ones.

I had my venus trine male's neptune and his venus trine my neptune in synastry.
He had venus trine his neptune natally and I do too.

It was a fairy tale romance :love:
I should know better than to use words such as these :smile:
but that is how I felt throughout the relationship.

He pursued me like a knight - he had moon in libra too :joyful:
The relationship ended, we were young, immature.
We also had disrupting Uranus conjuct moon/ square venus in synastry and double whammy pluto mars connections - power plays.
Despite the challenges, it did last a loong time.

It ended with great bitterness on my part :sad:
since I was the one who was hurt.
He tried to fix things but the damage was done.

Although we haven't seen each other in years, I still care about him as a human being and it seems he does too. He always calls on my birthday, name day.
It must be the neptune influence.

I think venus-neptune is a soul mate connection.
We all have several soul mates out there, people who are here to teach
us or learn from us. They may enter our lives in the form of a teacher, sibling, friend, lover.
Some soul mates are meant to stay in our lives forever, some are not.

Mandy

Today is the first time I have ever looked at the composite chart between me and the only man I ever loved, though we broke up years ago (I just didnt think to look).
He is an Aries Sun and I am a Scorpio Sun (inconjunct)
He is a Leo moon and I am a Cap moon (no no) etc., awful synastry (as Way said) yet we are like soul mates. Two completely incompatible backgrounds, in every way, but we fell in love at first sight. We broke up with our respective partners to be together. We moved in together the same week we got together. We could spend 20 hours a day talking for years and still have lots to talk about. I am not normally warm in relationships (perhaps why I am not in one), but I could kiss him all day. When we were together I used to kiss him while he was driving. We cant be together because we want different and incompatible things. He likes intoxication and children (not necessarily together) and I am not understanding or wanting of either (in an uncompromising way). That increasingly became the issue until we had to separate. Anyway, I cast the composite and look, Venus conj Nep in Sag in 11th <3; Moon conj Pluto <3; Saturn trine Sun <3; Uranus sextile Mercury <3. That is just how it was.

P.s., you can probably see that the arguments were like hell on earth too. :lol:

Attachments

• B&J.png
    B&J.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

waybread

Mandy, your composite chart reflects a lot of things you said about your relationship. Venus-Neptune can represent a beautiful, idealistic kind of love. But moon-Pluto can be obsessive and even under-worldly. With moon-Pluto squaring your sun, it looks to me like some serious power struggles going on in the releationship that are hard to deal with because moon-Pluto operates at the level of the sub-conscious.

Sun-Mercury is good for communication in a relationship, but hard aspects from Mars can indicate stress and quarelling.

I don't blame you for breaking up over intoxication. It can really damage your life, as well as the substance abuser's. Relationships are hard enough to sustain without this type of "mistress" making a threesome.

My dear boyfriend (or maybe ex now...i don`t know yet) and i have both Venus0Neptun in saggitarius in 10th house only 3 degrees difference? Is this adventage or not? I mean, are we "blind" to see each other well or we are soulmates?

*emma*

Banned
I have found venus neptune connections, despite whatever else goes on in the synastry, as devotional, both partners tend to make some sacrifice for the other, idealise each other, dream, hope, romantic, yes, definitely, delusional? Quite possibly, and often a relationship where the two cant get together, but there is no doubt in my mind the feelings involved are true...and even when not a ring of saturn in sight

And if it all crashes down, some of the best memories always left