Writing Potential?

BluEyedGrl105

Do you see any potential to be a writer in my natal chart?

Attachments

• Andie's Chart.jpg
    Andie's Chart.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 26

Zarathu

Account Closed
Please define what you mean by "writer". Are you talking about living on your writing skills? Living barely, adequately or handsomely?

Publishing is getting harder since it costs quite a bit to publish books now and the publishing companies won't just publish the new guy easily. Since you are 23 years old, what writing have you done by now? Have you been at all successful with short stories; have you sent any of your pieces in to publishers, or magazine publishers for possible inclusion. Its easier to get published in a magazine than in book format.

Basically, what leads you to ask the question?

Last edited:

BluEyedGrl105

Zarathu,

Ideally, I want to publish a novel one day. That is what the question was about. I realize novelist's have a very unreliable salary, especially nowadays, but I would be happy to work somewhere in the publishing industry, and write articles on the side. (I do not want to be a full time journalist.)

(More and more are making an actual profit off self-publishing, but it takes a lot of networking and self-promotion to get there. Sometimes if a self-published book does well an official publishing house may offer to pick it up. A lot of publishing agents look into that because they figure if the book was able to make a good enough dent on it's own than it is a good investment.)

Zarathu

Account Closed
If you got to Astrodatabank, you can get the birth charts for a lot of famous novelists: Rat Bradbury, Robert Ludlum, Mickey Spillane, Michael Crichton, Hermann Hesse, Ursala LeQuinn, and many many others.

While we could look from a vocational standpoint as to whether you have the talent, you would enjoy the working environment, and whether you have a chance for serious success in a writing type of field. But that wouldn't necessarily show that you have the potential to be specifically able to write a novel.

So the best way to do that would be to look at famous novelists, and try to correlate information about them.

Last edited:

BluEyedGrl105

Thanks for the suggestion Zarathu. I've looked around astrodatabank have noticed a few things (Moon/Mercury aspects, 9H ruler-Mercury aspects, hard Mercury-Uranus aspects, etc.) but wanted to point out an observation I think is relevant to my chart -

J.M. Barrie had Mercury at the apex of a Mars/Mercury/Jupiter T-Square, so Mercury was at the Mars/Jupiter midpoint, and doesn't that have to do with success?

Hans Christian Andersen had a grand trine between Mars-Jupiter- Mercury/Sun (and a 3H Pisces Venus ruling the Libra MC, which is lovely but not relevant...)

Meanwhile, my Mercury is at my Mars/Saturn midpoint... Is that bad?

Does a Moon-Mercury inconjunct at 2* separating, count as a major aspect? Probably not.

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Your MC ruler (self path) Saturn is in the 9th house of publishing and your 3rd house ruler (writing) is in the 12th house. 12th house is good for writing because it takes full emergence of the mind. Stephen King has his 10th house ruler in the 12th house.

Moon inconjunct mercury in my opinion is an interesting aspect (i might be bias because i have this too...) because it represents the discord between the mind and the emotions. It creates someone who can interperet the energies of their enviornment in an objective way and writing is an efficient outlet for that energy. It can be a form of creativity or a form of anxiety, depending on how you utilize it!

You have mars in the second house of gemini, which seems like it would be driven towards pursuit of mental activities in regards to material sustanance, and it is making a mini grand trine to the planets in libra, being funnelled by jupiter in the fourht house! Jupiter is expanding mercury in 0 libra (a very powerful placement) and jupiter rules publishing no less. Jupiter in Fourth house represents positivity and expansion of home and domestic life. Writing is a good means of approaching that.

Remember your other reading where we talked about developing practical methods to rise about the challenges of society?

You might make a valuable approach to society through writting of domestic aspects of life.

Zarathu gave some good tips about the writing industry. I think writing some free lance articles for magazines is a good approach to go.

Self-publishing is a VERY effective means for you, given what we talked about regarding your spiritual path. Finding new ways to approach societal structures.

It will take discipline- writing as much as possible to develop your craft, and puting yourself out there. Many setbacks can be faced if you attempt to make this your main source of income, because it is a challenging feild to get into.

You certainly have what it takes if you decide to commit to it and find your niche.

Now, it's not so much about whether you cando it, it's about the most effective means of DOING it if it is what you decide to do.

So i think you really have to consider taking one step at a time.

I'd like to get more into where you aspire to go, in regards to your chart... maybe later when i am finished up with some of my other readings. :sideways:

Last edited:

BluEyedGrl105

Maybe you could combine your venus ruled mercury with your 7th house pluto and go in deep about a fresh yet unusual idea of 9th house matters (where you have 3 planets) , e.g., "how do relationships work over distance (internet romance?/mixed religious romances, or maybe our relationship with the "gods", obviously the choice is yours to make.

Don't forget to consider how your story will affect the general population, we need to look at global relations from a "one world" perspective in order to promote integration rather than segregation.....go for it!

Sorry Cap, I meant to respond to this sooner. I am so impressed with your analysis. The story idea I've had bouncing around lately does sound a lot like you've described (but I haven't pursued it because in my head it's a whole series of books and I've only written a few short stories lol.) At some point I became preoccupied with the protagonist's parents, who did have a (kind of) mixed romance, and trying to figure out their dynamic and how that developed... It's odd because I've never been interested in writing romance before.

I have been thinking about how the story would affect the general population - probably too much, to be honest. I keep having these big ideas about how the society in my story should reflect our society, but it's all very grandios and vague. I n order for me to pursue it I would need to bring it down to earth and plant it in something substantial.

Zarathu, I have published two music reviews on a website, but that's it. I have written a few short stories in my writing classes, which got As but I didn't think any of them were good choices for publication. My college has recently revived their literary journal, so my goal this summer is to write something for them. I'm also going to try to get an internship at the website I wrote for.

Phoenix, thank you for the always in-depth analysis.

I did notice my 9H ruler is conjunct the MC and ruling the 10H, but I was worried because it's only squaring my Sun. I thought 12H Moon was good for writing, especially since it rules the 3H, but it's not connected to my MC.

Then I started looking at all those famous novelists' charts and I didn't find any with 12H Moons and I was like, 'What the ****?!' lol. I also didn't find any with a 0* cardinal Mercury. Clearly, all the astro books have lied lol.

I have a love/hate relationship with my Saturn. On one hand, it gets me off my lazy Libra butt; but on the other, I feel like it's just THERE and very discordant with the rest of my chart. That's why I really appreciated your Sabian Symbol analysis.

You wrote, "You might make a valuable approach to society through writting of domestic aspects of life." I am very interested in the subject of families as a whole: why they are the way they are, how different families have different systems. Yes, that's probably my 4H Jupiter (ruling the 8H).

Re: Moon/Mercury inconjunct, "It creates someone who can interperet the energies of their enviornment in an objective way and writing is an efficient outlet for that energy." One of my professors actually told me I was very observant and could express those observations in a "witty way." I read a description of this aspect that I thought did fit me, so maybe the orb isn't too wide. Since you have the same I thought you might be interested:

http://www.astrologyanswer.com/plan...y-in-discordant-aspect-inconjunct-semisextile

Just one question - you said my Jupiter was connected to Mercury. In my chart Jupiter is sextile Venus/Sun, not Mercury...

Thanks so much for taking an interest!

Last edited: