Singer, David Bowie

leomoon

Hi forum members:

Since David Bowie's death during Pluto's transit and with in hours of his last Solar Return, I've wondered about his chart and life.

Perhaps some here know more I'm sure about it then I do as I didn't follow his music as a fan nor his life. I did know however he married Iman the beautiful South African model and they had a child.

Since his chart mimics my own in most ways, except for the houses, I was wondering about his gender(less) mannerisms and lifestyle. I always attributed my own liberal attitudes in life to Uranus cj. NN and in the 11th house (his would not be here) but the same aspects and sign & degrees.

However, I've never been interested in same sex love. Perhaps we can learn a thing or two with your help - I'll post his chart, then our synastry chart and mine alone.

Here is more about him:

( I didn't write this assumption about his latter years, only copied & pasted from the link)

"Bowie was the ultimate androgynous person who sang about Martians, the solar system, issues on earth and needed change in our society. There was a conflict within him, as if he was still not comfortable with his identity, even in his final days" .

http://www.chicagonow.com/shades-gender/2016/01/was-david-bowie-bi-gender/
https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/davie-bowie-biopic-johnny-flynn-stardust-trailer
https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...o-mother-David-Bowie-children-wife-iman-angie

leomoon

David Bowie day of death: liver cancer
(he kept it a secret from his fans) His 12th house is quite strong, as strong as my own 6th across from it)

leomoon

David Bowie & Iman:

She was born July 25th, 1955 but we don't know the tob: Note: Their Chiron is Square
His 08 Scorpio, he's 1st decan Aquarius - rx. Another important Magi aspect, her JUNO (spouse) is conjunct his Chiron (she was the healing force for him to some extent it appears!) and her Venus is Trine his Jupiter exact trine 120 deg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iman_%28model%29

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Bowie,_David

( I just noticed on this clear chart - that his Uranus-NN are in his 4th house of foundation) and slightly different from the other posted - :annoyed:

My own synastry with husband (heterosexual type) :pouty:

Last edited:
I've always attributed bi-sexual or same sex tendencies/fluid sexuality to Mercury. I remember reading that as a society we went through a Mercurial period that affected us all with respect to fluid sexuality. Perhaps that was David's dabbling with it. Uranus heavy chart would lend to an unpredictability of character- 12th house sun would possible create confusion regarding self-identity.

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Leomoon,

I am looking at all those squares in your composite with your lovely husband. It was what caught my eye immediately. For those that worry about there being negative squares in your composite, here you can see the long term advantages of having hard aspects in a chart. Your suns are square. Many would say that is going to cause friction, but, you two have had a great relationship going back a very long time.

Back later, good morning, coffee calls!

leomoon

Hi Leomoon,

I am looking at all those squares in your composite with your lovely husband. It was what caught my eye immediately. For those that worry about there being negative squares in your composite, here you can see the long term advantages of having hard aspects in a chart. Your suns are square. Many would say that is going to cause friction, but, you two have had a great relationship going back a very long time.

Back later, good morning, coffee calls!

My grandmother once told me when I was crying over a breakup (She was a wise Scorpio Sun with Moon in Leo, "Realize that when you fall i love and marry, one will love the other more. That means love is never 50-50. Perhaps 49-51 or another combination. Someone will have to give more."

As it turned out, I think my husband in the end gives the more. His moon is critical at 29 deg.Cancer and conjuncts my ASC 21Cancer - And yes, many ups and downs for sure. Two distinctly different personalities. Both of us very stubborn with Leo I think, and his Scorpio Rising which conj. my Jupiter. Oh and my Venus at 05Sag is cj his Nemesis at 02Sag :wink:

Almost 50 yrs next anniversary if we live till next September. :happy:

leomoon

I thought it cuious too, that when Pluto triggered via Transit at 15Capricorn his (David Bowie's 1st cht) natal 12th house Mars, across from this house, Pluto tr my own Mars.

For me, the knee operations is all I can really recall. :unsure:

leomoon

NN in Gemini in the 4th, widely conjunct Uranus! No? Mercurial fluidity at the core of one's self-understanding and inheritance. Mercury cusp 12th tuned into all the stuff others won't look at and Venus at zenith.
Apparently he took 1500 books with him on tour (did Osamenor post about it once?).

I'm not surprised depending on how LONG that vacation or tour would have been as I am also an avid reader (or use to be) ..

Regarding Foundation house - his 4th house where Uranus cj. NN is ruled by Mercury. Does that indicate a love of books, fiction or otherwise? See chart #1 for his natal chart-
I prefer true stories but there are a few fictions I really loved giving myself a chance to read them.

I loved any of Taylor Caldwell books in the older days (I wonder if he did too :unsure: ) a Civil War Novel turned bout to be wonderfully beyond my expectations and even the younger man who did the Civil War series got interested in Gettysburg because of "Killer Angels"....its a wonderful can't put down read - but I attribute my interest in the American Civil War only to the belief I lived through it in a past lifetime. - I read Bowie liked Space travel type of meanderings. I was never into that however, I do believe without a doubt in flying saucers having seen one up close and personal right over my head in 1997 along with hundreds of others in my State of Az. There is no question they exist perhaps on the other side of our plane of consciousness.

Perhaps our mutual Mercury 1st decan Capricorn square Neptune is suggestive of this common ground although I don't know if he ever personally witnessed them. He was rather a loner there in the 12th rather secretive I read.

So I can commiserate with him on feeling you are indeed from someplace else, only here for a short time.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I thought it cuious too, that when Pluto triggered via Transit at 15Capricorn his (David Bowie's 1st cht) natal 12th house Mars, across from this house, Pluto tr my own Mars.

For me, the knee operations is all I can really recall. :unsure:

It is interesting to see how while being born on the same day, because of the different time, the transits, affect each of you differently, and while you share similarities, in interests, and life happenings, things transpire, to each of you, in your own personal way.

ElenaJ

in fact, it's a little like the stories of twins born a few minutes apart who have similar lives.

Leomoon, have you compared your important dates with those of Bowie? for example, marriage, birth of a child, first job, etc?

ElenaJ

Here is something that might be interesting.
Composite chart of the Bowie couple, and the progressed composite chart to the date of his death.

in the composite chart notice the tight Venus/saturn conjunction.
in the progressed composite Saturn of loss is exactly conjunct the descendent.
Venus is now at the midpoint of Juno/mars.
Looking at the transits for DOD we see North node on Saturn/descendent, and transiting Jupiter on south node.
Jupiter is ruler of the composite ascendent.
Transiting sun/moon/pluto are conjunct progressed composite moon.
And an exact Venus/saturn transit conjuncts Venus.
Progressed composite moon is almost square Neptune (which is at 18 degrees in both charts), and Neptune in the progressed chart is in the exact degree of the nodes.
Note, Neptune is ascendent ruler of the progressed composite chart.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 14.15.54.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 14.15.54.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 14.15.07.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 14.15.07.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 18

leomoon

Thanks for the composites to study Elena:kissing:

That is a great idea, I will attempt to recall specific important dates and compared and post about them. Sometimes celebrities lives (like Elvis for example) are an opened book and give a lot of info.

With David Bowie, perhaps astro.com's link would be best which I've posted earlier because they always give a list of important events in that person's life (such as brain injury, heart attack, etc) (Marriages if plural or single, dates of birth of their children)

I'll have to check and get back later.

leomoon

A psychic predicted his death – 10 years before:
[FONT=&quot]“When we were on the tour bus in 1996 or 1997, David said, ‘Somewhere in the late 70s I met this psychic, who told me I was gonna die around the age of 69 or 70,’ and he said this with total certainty. It didn’t sound like the ramblings of one of these crazy people: it was something which he absolutely didn’t doubt at all. I never told anyone about it, but it never left my mind,”
Read more at [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.nme.com/news/music/david-bowie-123-1194717#0XketaXgJKBi0iS8.99[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Bowie died at his home in Manhattan, New York on 10 January 2016 at the age of 69 after a secret 18-month battle with liver cancer.

leomoon

DAVID BOWIE: MARRIED IMAN – AND I WAS BUSY TRYING TO RE-BUILD MY LIFE ANEW FAR FROM OUR NATIVE HOME.
From Bio: On 24 April 1992, in Lausanne, Switzerland, his second marriage was to a tall and sleek pro model from the nation of Somalia, 36-year-old Iman. They married again in a church ceremony in Florence, Italy, on 6 June 1992. Their daughter, Alexandria Zahra Jones, was born on 15 August 2000.

In 1992 I was still living on the east coast of the U.S. (I’m now in Arizona, the west) …but we were visiting Arizona a few times before deciding we’d move here and try to rebuild our lives from years of problems in the east. A whole new “perspective on life” is what I was hoping for and a totally new landscape was a beginning. We had bought a 2nd home for these visits back in 1987 but only used it for holidays and vacations sporadically. In 1996 we moved permanently into this house.

HIS DAUGHTER BORN: & MY NEW HOME BUILT
………Around this time (Aug. 2000) is when we moved to our first home we contracted for, i.e. a new house. Prior to this, our homes were always owned by other people, and we’d come in and completely overhaul (renovate) as we could every part of the house and even the landscape (yards)
So this was novel for us, and rather a treat. This would have been 20 years ago so I would have been 53 years old then. (as would David Bowie when his daughter was born)
So – for him, a new child
For me, - a new house along with a certain sadness, knowing we were slowly losing touch with our younger daughter who soon would be lost to us forever unbeknownst to us then.

Last edited:

leomoon

By 1970 Bowie was making the charts in the UK. His RCA single in January 1972, "Changes," gave him a U.S. debut on the charts. In a magazine interview, he publicly declared his bisexuality at that time. In April, he played his first U.S. concert and he ended a lengthy UK tour in September. The following year, 1973, Bowie was topping the charts on both sides of the Atlantic, a hero to millions. In April 1974, Bowie moved to the U.S. where he lived and worked for two years. His first film was "The Image," and in February 1975 he signed to play an extraterrestrial in "The Man Who Fell to Earth," released on 18 March 1976. Three days later he was arrested for drug possession with Iggy Pop and others at a Massachusetts hotel, and released on $2,000 bail.
On 1 October 1976, Bowie moved to West Berlin to live semi-reclusively for three years, at which time he withdrew from coke addiction

1ST MARRIAGE ENDED:
He and Angela separated in February 1978, and when their divorce was final on 8 February 1980, he got sole custody of their son. Angela got a 30,000 pound settlement.
In 1980, Bowie portrayed John Merrick, the "Elephant Man" in a successful stage production that won rave reviews. His music continued to excel, and on 27 January 1983 he signed a $10 million five-year contract with EMI America Records.

MY LIFE EVENTS:

When he was starting his career and finding a path to successful living. I was starting a marriage (in 1971) and in July of 1972 had my 1st daughter born. My 2nd was born Jan. of 1974, he was topping the charts! I was feeling pretty happy too back then. From 1971-1979 I busied myself with my new family raising my 3 daughters. The youngest born Jan. of 1977 when h e withdrew from his addiction.

1978- 1980, we moved into a much larger home in a very nice neighborhood. As for a separation? I started to separate myself from my life with what I call a “mini-breakdown” from PTSS when I was about 36 years old until about 40 years when I came to terms with my past (childhood problems)
After that time period which was terrible for all of us, is when I decided we needed a whole new life elsewhere.

note: It sounds like we both had rather tragic childhoods in some ways.
His with a brother with mental illness and a drug addicted uncle, me with a father and broken family (sister left home early)

(siblings) 1 each?

Opal

Premium Member
By 1970 Bowie was making the charts in the UK. His RCA single in January 1972, "Changes," gave him a U.S. debut on the charts. In a magazine interview, he publicly declared his bisexuality at that time. In April, he played his first U.S. concert and he ended a lengthy UK tour in September. The following year, 1973, Bowie was topping the charts on both sides of the Atlantic, a hero to millions. In April 1974, Bowie moved to the U.S. where he lived and worked for two years. His first film was "The Image," and in February 1975 he signed to play an extraterrestrial in "The Man Who Fell to Earth," released on 18 March 1976. Three days later he was arrested for drug possession with Iggy Pop and others at a Massachusetts hotel, and released on $2,000 bail.
On 1 October 1976, Bowie moved to West Berlin to live semi-reclusively for three years, at which time he withdrew from coke addiction

1ST MARRIAGE ENDED:
He and Angela separated in February 1978, and when their divorce was final on 8 February 1980, he got sole custody of their son. Angela got a 30,000 pound settlement.
In 1980, Bowie portrayed John Merrick, the "Elephant Man" in a successful stage production that won rave reviews. His music continued to excel, and on 27 January 1983 he signed a $10 million five-year contract with EMI America Records.

MY LIFE EVENTS:

When he was starting his career and finding a path to successful living. I was starting a marriage (in 1971) and in July of 1972 had my 1st daughter born. My 2nd was born Jan. of 1974, he was topping the charts! I was feeling pretty happy too back then. From 1971-1979 I busied myself with my new family raising my 3 daughters. The youngest born Jan. of 1977 when h e withdrew from his addiction.

1978- 1980, we moved into a much larger home in a very nice neighborhood. As for a separation? I started to separate myself from my life with what I call a “mini-breakdown” from PTSS when I was about 36 years old until about 40 years when I came to terms with my past (childhood problems)
After that time period which was terrible for all of us, is when I decided we needed a whole new life elsewhere.

note: It sounds like we both had rather tragic childhoods in some ways.
His with a brother with mental illness and a drug addicted uncle, me with a father and broken family (sister left home early)

(siblings) 1 each?

David had 2 children.

One with Angie, "Duncan" May 30 1971

One with Iman, "Lexi" August 2000 (no day given)

Wiki says in 1967 he started his spiritual journey.

Opal

Premium Member
Interesting to see, the oppositions you's have between you. Your Saturn Pluto are in the 1st, his in the 7th. His Aquarius ac is pretty obvious. Yours in Cancer, is more geared toward your family. His 5th is empty, yours has Jupiter.

His chart is mostly above the horizon, yours is below. Looks cool, seeing the mirror image.