How to handle hard aspects in synastry?

fullmoonlibra

Do we have to focus on the positive traits of the planets involved?
Or do we have to look at trines and sextiles to the planets involved?

I'm actually interested in the Pluto/Saturn opposite Sun/NN.
The harmonious aspects:
Venus sextile Sun and Neptune trine Sun/NN
And Saturn/Pluto sextile AC

So can the hard opposite be handled through the loving spirit of Venus and Neptune, or is the opposite too strong?

Last edited:

Munch

I think the scope of the question actually extends beyond aspects.

How does the Sun/NN person deal with Pluto and Saturn contacts? When you look at their chart, are they used to these kinds of energies? Are they extremely emotionally charged individual that may find this kind of energy to be just too much? Maybe the opposite is true. Are they driven to learn more about themselves?

How do you view the SN? For instance, Dr. Farr sees it as always malefic. Do you follow the same line of thought, or do you think that maybe the SN just indicates familiarity, safety and what we are comfortable with? How does having Pluto and Saturn on the SN then affect the individual bearing the previous questions in mind? Will they feel threatened? How does the individual deal with threatening situations?

Looking at just the aspects then we can ask ourselves, how strong are the supportive aspects? Are they automatic, or do they require effort and adjustments? What are the conditions of the planets making the aspects?

So, in summary, where's the chart?!?! :biggrin:

Munch

Hey hey!!

Yes, I am a Libra riser, Cap. Sun and Sag. Moon.

I am not trying to be picky, but I can't really determine the aspects that I am seeking because I can't see the degrees involved. Could you load a larger version of the chart for me please? Also, could you upload the natal charts separately.

Before doing synastry evaluation, the natal charts should always be examined alone. We need to have a good idea of who both people are to really understand the aspects in full context.

I can say this though, it is obvious that there is a NN/Saturn-Pluto aspect.

It is hard for me to say what Pluto on the NN of another person would really indicated. My guess is that this is a person who will set a process in motion that begins a top to bottom assessment of lifetime goals and achievements. How this process occurs is beyond my scope of knowledge, though I am studying.

I have had the Saturn/NN contact myself with a couple of people. In each instance, the individual has been a teacher of sorts for me. Each time, the lesson was presented in a different manner.