July 1, 2020 Wedding time

Sanstre55

Request for input:

After a certain amount of research, I am trying to do my own wedding Electional chart for a second wedding for me, and a third wedding for my older fiancé. There, of course, are no perfect days in the next nine months (or ever, really)! I have chosen July 1st, with the hopes of getting married in a quiet and tiny ceremony, and then having a family and friends wedding next year.

Here are my choices, both on 7/1/20, Gallup, NM, USA.

Either 7:22 PM, which avoids VOC Moon and Moon in Scorpio. Has the advantage of the Sun in 7th house (Equal House system, tight orbs), nice aspects between Moon and Mars. Mercury is Rx, but we are just saying vows to avoid Mars Squares the rest of the year. I like Venus and POF in the 5th House, for some reason - Gemini.

Or 8:22 PM, Moon in Scorpio but in the 4th house with textiles to Jupiter and Pluto in the 6th House, Sun in super-friendly 11th House of Hopes and Dreams, which I like for some reason, conjunct Mercury and both sextile Uranus in the 9th. Leo Rising (I’m a Leo, and my Sun would land in the 12th House, Trine Mars and Sextile Mercury, but Sq Moon of Wedding chart, if that makes a difference); Venus in 10th House/Gemini.

Venus makes no aspects on this date.

Attachments

• Astrological Event:Election Chart for 7-1 at 0822.pdf
    109.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Astrological Event:Election Chart by Astrowin 7-1 1922 wedding election.pdf
    110.6 KB · Views: 22

ElenaJ

Not an easy chore, is it?
I did this for my second wedding as well and it took me a very long time.
The difference between living together and being actually married is enormous. It isn't just the matter of a contract signing.
Each of you will move the relationship from 5th to 7th house in your natal charts.
Contract! That is what a marriage is. So, you are choosing to do it during mercury retrograde? Think carefully about that. It's not the best moment to choose for signing a contract.
Since you seem to have some leeway, why are you insisting on July 1st, any reason?
Ideally, you want to have a chart with more easy than difficult aspects, but also very importantly the personal planets, sun-moon-venus, should relate to your natal charts in some way. This would "bind" each of you to the marriage itself.
First chart at 19:22
Moon approaches a malefic planet, mars, so even though it is by trine, it is not the best of positions. The moon in the marriage is the emotional expression, and it is entering the 12th house of hidden matters. So emotions will be difficult to express.
The ascendent/descendent are in mutable signs, not promising stability. Fixed or at least cardinal signs favour stability.
Descendent ruler mercury is not only retrograde but combust the sun, under duress.
What is the relationship between the rulers of the ascendent/desc) Mercury and Jupiter?
Are they in aspect ? No. Does moon aspect them? No. So the two parties are not relating to each other, or to the emotional foundation of the marriage.
I also entered two asteroids that are related to marriage, Amor and Juno.
Amor is at 24 Aquarius, intercepted (i.e. has no outlet of expression) in the 2nd house of money and self esteem, it relates well to the ascendent/desc by aspect. It is retrograde.
Juno is at 8 libra, which is the marriage sign, trines Venus and it is elevated by the midheaven. Unfortunately it is almost exactly opposite Chiron, wounded healer, in the 4th of home. Not a good idea.
Venus is love, which is basically why you are getting married, right? It is in a mutable sign, intellectual, and near the cusp of the 6th of duties, sickness, work. Is that really where you want your love to be located? In addition, it is in the sign of retrograde mercury.
With regard to retrograde, there are 5 planets plus asteroid Amor retrograde on this date!
North node in the 7th is a positive position.
Saturn, ruler of both 2nd and (partially) first houses, is retrograde at 29 degrees, exactly the degree of the moon's nodes, showing some type of unknown fatality.
Second chart.
By turning the wheel, we now see ascendent in a cardinal sign, ruled by Saturn, which is more promising. Saturn is retrograde, in the degree of the moon's nodes, but now also midheaven and IC are in the degree of the nodes. So you've pulled the Homelife and public status into the picture, as well as involving the ascendent person!
Moon is now in favourable 11th house, but not in scorpio, it is still in sagittarius, which is actually better.
You have mercury combust sun conjunct descendent, sextile unpredictable Uranus (also divorce!) in the angular 4th house.
In this chart you also have Chiron exactly squaring ascendent/desc, as well as mars!

Because you obviously are doing this with the hope of spending the rest of your life together, I would suggest that you consult a professional astrologer who can help you select the best time, or even a better day if possible, it would be money well spent. You wouldn't buy a house or even a car without consulting experts, this is even more important for your lives.
If you cannot do this, when you have a chart in mind, consider:
The marriage is an entity, a "being", and the marriage chart is it's birth chart, so if the wedding chart were the chart of a person, would this person get on with both of you?
Is it a nice person, healthy and full of love?
If you can't change the wedding to a better date, try to put the malefic planets in succedent houses, and strengthen the ascendent and descendents and the position of moon and Venus.
As you wrote, there is no "perfect" day, but you can work it to get the best of possible solutions for you two.

Osamenor

Staff member
Or 8:22 PM, Moon in Scorpio but in the 4th house with textiles to Jupiter and Pluto in the 6th House, Sun in super-friendly 11th House of Hopes and Dreams, which I like for some reason, conjunct Mercury and both sextile Uranus in the 9th. Leo Rising (I’m a Leo, and my Sun would land in the 12th House, Trine Mars and Sextile Mercury, but Sq Moon of Wedding chart, if that makes a difference); Venus in 10th House/Gemini.

Eleventh house is considered an ideal placement for Sun in wedding charts, and tenth ideal for Venus, but those house placements are impossible at 8:22 pm. It has to be mid to late morning for Sun to be in the eleventh, or maybe around noon if daylight time is in effect. (That is, btw, the reason why British royal weddings are always held in the middle of the day. It's a tradition established over centuries of always having a royal astrologer to consult for things like this. Tenth and ninth are also good houses for Sun in a wedding chart, so anytime around the middle of the day covers those bases.)

Venus makes no aspects on this date.

Check for Venus's closest aspects. What was her most recent exact aspect on that date? What will be her next?

For Moon, the important thing is that it's waxing, not waning. Waxing is best for starting something new, which a wedding is. If Moon is in Scorpio while Sun is in Cancer, Moon is in a waxing trine to Sun by sign (and possibly by orb, depending on what degrees they're at). A non-ideal sign placement might work well if it resonates with the couple's charts. if you and/or your fiance has a Scorpio Moon, an eighth house Moon, a Moon/Pluto aspect, or simply a fixed sign Moon, or your composite chart does, we've got a resonance in that Scorpio Moon. If neither of you has any of those placements, there might still be some other resonance.

Another important consideration is which modality (fixed, mutable, or cardinal) the ascendant and midheaven are. If they're in different modalities, rising sign is most important. Fixed signs confer a long-lasting marriage, mutable signs a marriage that goes through lots of change, and cardinal signs are associated with a marriage that is completed quickly--so usually not that long-lasting. Leo rising gives you a fixed ascendant, which is great.

It's also ideal to have either the ascendant or the midheaven ruled by Venus or Jupiter, and the ruling benefic well placed. This year, a Jupiter-ruled ascendant or midheaven wouldn't do you so much good, because Jupiter is in fall, but if you can time it so the wedding chart's MC is in Taurus, that gives you a nice Venus-ruled midheaven (fixed, too!), with a decently placed Venus.

Mercury retrograde is actually a good placement if anything about the wedding is a redo. When it's not the first marriage for either of you, that counts as redo. It still might be problematic if that retrograde Mercury were the ascendant ruler, but if it's not (and ideally doesn't rule any of the angles at all--another reason to aim for a Taurus midheaven), then don't worry about the retrograde.

Last edited:

Sanstre55

Thank you so much for your generous advice! I have decided to go with another date, but will keep these thoughts in mind. I am especially happy to hear your take on mercury arc, as those were my thoughts as well - we’ve both been married before, plus my natal Mercury is also Tx. I’m used to the confusion :)

Are you doing Electional consultation?

Sanstre55

Elena, Thank you for your wonderful, detailed analysis! I especially appreciate you pointing out the contractual aspect of the marriage - those were my thoughts too. My fiancé is a retired attorney, and I do trust him, so it would be a matter of taking care with all of that licensing, etc. I’ve to move the date to another mercury Rx date, 2/14/21, so we’ll have time to get a license and make other arrangements before the retrograde. I’ll take your other points into account as I’m looking at the timing of the pronouncement.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. This is my first post on this site, and I wasn’t sure if there would be replies!

Osamenor

Staff member
Are you doing Electional consultation?
Is that question meant for me or ElenaJ?

I don't specialize in electional astrology. I mainly do personal natal readings. If you look at my blog, you'll see examples of the kinds of questions I've answered (reminds me I have another one to post, must do it shortly!). But if a client wanted help choosing their wedding date, I could do it... with the caveat that there's no perfect date and sometimes what we think is a no-no actually works for the couple.

Right now, anyone planning a wedding is up against covid-19, a limiting factor if there ever was one. I see that reflected in the current Jupiter/Pluto/Saturn lineup. It's always somewhere in the chart, something's usually making an aspect to it, and it isn't going away anytime soon. Anyone getting married right now will have the crisis stamped on their marriage.

Similarly, both sets of my grandparents got married early in World War II, and it marked their marriages for sure. They didn't have any better options. That didn't ruin the marriage in either case, but it can't have been easy.

aquarius7000

Hi

I wish you had posted proper charts from astro.com

Well, in the matters of the heart, you do not want the Moon and Venus to be in detriment. Avoid that if you can would be my advice.

Osamenor

Staff member
Here's a great article on electional astrology for weddings. Includes some of the points I mentioned plus more. https://www.bigskyastrology.com/choosing-wedding-dates-with-astrology/

Notably, she says that while she's seen plenty of exceptions to the rule that Moon should not be in fall or detriment, should not be void of course, and should be waxing, "On the other hand, harmony between the Sun and Moon, representing the relationship both between the bride and groom and between the wedding couple and the world at large, is vital."

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Of course, weddings are always a wonderful event in life, so everyone would love to help you!
There are lots of professionals here on the forum who can help you with an election chart. It's very time consuming and tedious to choose a date. And as was written above, not easy in this period.
I am happy you'll be able to change the date to a better one.
Keep us posted. All the best to both of you!