How to choose the correct wedding time - Ours is April 3, 2015

anjelik

I have been reading a lot about how to choose the correct wedding time, but does that mean when the ceremony BEGINS or when we exchange our vows? I cannot pin point the exact moment when we would say "I do," so I find it slightly difficult.

In our chart, my fiance is Mercury and I am Jupiter. We are both in positive reception of each other (trine), which is great. The second house is ruled by Venus, and Venus happens to be in domicile in Taurus. I am represented by Taurus in the 8th so perhaps I will be a burden in terms of managing money (which I am, and we have discussed that he will be the money manager due to this).

5th house is ruled by Saturn, which concerns me. Does that mean difficulty bearing children? Jupiter in the 11th means an active social life. Empty 12th house, which I think it positive, but the 12th house ruler is in the 8th house and conjunct Uranus. Will there be some secretive sex fetishes or something? Because it is also conjunct Mercury but trine Jupiter. So maybe we will both be OK with that.

Another concerning thing is that the Moon is making an opposition to Mercury (him) but making a trine to me. There are no aspects between Mars and Venus, but I don't think this matters since we are Mercury and Jupiter. Additionally, is it worrisome to have Chiron in the 7th and conjunct the DC? Or could the indicate the union will have a healing affect on us?

If anyone with experience could share some insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you as always!

Attachments

• Wedding April 3.jpg
    Wedding April 3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 31

mdinaz

I think it should be when the ceremony begins unless you are doing some Catholic thing in which case the vows could take place seven hours later. When choosing your date ensure the Moon is also not void of course and there are no retrograde personal planets in transit.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Unfortunately there is no classical text that I'm aware of that says what the exact time you're electing for is, so you get to play with it a little bit. The beginning of the ceremony is easily the most popular, but I also enjoy the time both partners make it to the altar. However, unless you just have a very large wedding party, those two times should be quite close anyway.

anjelik, is this your first experience with electional astrology or are you somewhat familiar with it? Marriages are easily the most difficult topic to elect for and if you're not really familiar with the ins and outs of it it may be easier to hire a professional astrologer to help you.

This chart you've proposed here has a number of issues with it, the biggest of which is the eclipse that's occurring in it. There isn't going to be a perfect chart, but we can at least pick something that matches up with a couple of your priorities and does not contain an eclipse.

anjelik

Unfortunately there is no classical text that I'm aware of that says what the exact time you're electing for is, so you get to play with it a little bit. The beginning of the ceremony is easily the most popular, but I also enjoy the time both partners make it to the altar. However, unless you just have a very large wedding party, those two times should be quite close anyway.

anjelik, is this your first experience with electional astrology or are you somewhat familiar with it? Marriages are easily the most difficult topic to elect for and if you're not really familiar with the ins and outs of it it may be easier to hire a professional astrologer to help you.

This chart you've proposed here has a number of issues with it, the biggest of which is the eclipse that's occurring in it. There isn't going to be a perfect chart, but we can at least pick something that matches up with a couple of your priorities and does not contain an eclipse.

Yes, this is my first bout with electional astrology ,so I have no clue what I am doing, really. I have done a bit of googling and it seems information varies. Some say the ruler of the 1st and 7th should be in positive reception and then others say Mars and Venus should be in positive reception. We are kind of set on the dates based on his family being able to come over for the trip. It needs to be between March 28 and April 4. We are willing to forgo the Catholic ceremony and not be married in a church due to the restrictions regarding dates. I am beginning to meet with venues today, so it would be helpful to know which would be best. Is an eclipse always negative?? Any help is appreciated!

anjelik

Should the natal charts of the bride and groom be taken into consideration as well? His 7th house ruler is Libra and I have a Libra stellium of three malefics. We are generally pretty happy during a Libra moon. Aries is the worst moon for us because that squares his Mars and conjuncts his AC so he gets cocky / aggressive and it opposes my three Libra planets and squares my AC - I am really irritable and passive aggressive when there is an Aries moon. I love us during any air moons because that is our home moon sign (his is Aqua and mine is Gemini). The eclipse last October caused a huge fight between us but the April 29 eclipse was nice and made us lovey dovey.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Actually.... I do have some rules:

1. There should be no squares from the Moon and it should not be void of course. A waxing Moon (between the New and Full Moon) is better than a waning one (between the Full and New Moon).

2. Fixed signs rising are best when you want a long lasting relationship. Next are the Cardinal signs, especially Libra (relationship oriented), Capricorn (the need for anyventure to be successful) and Cancer (nurturing). Aries and Mutable signs can indicatevery short-lived situations.

3. A relationship usually works well when the ruler of the Ascendant (1st) and
Descendant (7th) are in good aspect to each other, since they represent the two parties in question.

4. Try to have the Sun and Moon (portraying the groom and bride) in good aspect to each
other.

5. Because Saturn can bring on limits or delays, it should not be placed in an angular house. It fares best in cadent (3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th) houses or, if that is not possible, put it in one of the succedent (2nd, 5th, 8th, 11th) houses. If possible, avoid all harsh applying aspects to Saturn, including the conjunctions. When the aspect becomes exact, there could be misunderstandings, feelings of neglect or sadness of some kind.

6. If you want the relationship to proceed in a pleasant fashion, keep Uranus out of the angular houses, especially the 1st and 7th.

7. The luminaries (Sun and Moon), as well as Venus and Jupiter (the benefics), should be above the horizon, if possible. Elevated planets are more visible and seem to bring a certain ease to the elected venture.

8. Try to have Venus (woman) and Mars (man) in harmonious aspect to each other, also Venus (love and partnership) to the Ascendant/Descendant (the couple); Jupiter (luck and growth) to the Ascendant/Descendant, the Moon (feelings) to Venus (harmony). In other words, a strong, well aspected Venus is very beneficial.

9. Avoid the Moon in Scorpio where it is in its fall and where it can be secretive and possessive, not exactly conducive to a happy relationship. A Libra Moon, on the other hand, works quite well in a marriage Electional chart since it seeks harmony and balance. Strong and well matched couples seem to do well with the Moon in Leo.

10. The Sun or Moon approaching a square or opposition to Uranus may indicate a separation or divorce when the aspect becomes exact.

11. A retrograde Venus is not advised for any marriage chart.

anjelik

Thanks Zarathu. Based on what you have said, I have looked at our other option, which is March 28. If we had a 4pm ceremony then we could just barely have fixed signs as the AC / DC and Venus and Mars are both elevated in the chart in their home signs. However, there is no aspect between Venus and Mars, but aspects between the AC and DC rulers. Moon is in Cancer, which is a harmonious moon (but sometimes makes me emotional, but this would be an emotional day. It would conjunct his Mars by 3 degrees and conjunct my DC by 4 degrees. Jupiter in the 12th would be strong because it could indicate that we have luck on our side (I think?). I am not wild about Saturn in the 4th - cold home?? And what about Neptune in the 7th? Or would that just add to dreaminess / romance sort of stuff?

Attachments

• March 28 Wedding.jpg
    March 28 Wedding.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 27

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
anjelik,

Yes, eclipses are always bad news in elections and Full Moons are difficult for marriages in general. I think it's best to run down a list of what things are to give an idea of what's happening.

So the Sun, Ascendant and L1 are the groom, Venus, Descendant, and L7 are the bride. The Tenth is what happens during the marriage, the Forth is how it ends. Mercury represents future children.

The best Ascendant/Descendant pair for marriages is Taurus/Scorpio, the second best is Leo/Aquarius. This is for two reasons; firstly the Fixed Signs are always appropriate for situations we want to endure and secondly because those planetary pairs are equal or near equal in weight or esteem. If you can't do fixed Signs then do mutable Signs, but don't ever use Cardinal Signs, they're only used for things we want to be over with quickly.

anjelik said:
Should the natal charts of the bride and groom be taken into consideration as well? His 7th house ruler is Libra and I have a Libra stellium of three malefics.

Yes, but we don't really care about L7, we want to reinforce the natal L1s in the election if possible. However, the better situated the natal charts are for favorable marriages, the less work needs to go into the electional.

Anyway, I was playing around with times at my location, but see what 3pm on March 29th looks like for where ever you are planning on having it.

anjelik

anjelik,

Yes, eclipses are always bad news in elections and Full Moons are difficult for marriages in general. I think it's best to run down a list of what things are to give an idea of what's happening.

So the Sun, Ascendant and L1 are the groom, Venus, Descendant, and L7 are the bride. The Tenth is what happens during the marriage, the Forth is how it ends. Mercury represents future children.

The best Ascendant/Descendant pair for marriages is Taurus/Scorpio, the second best is Leo/Aquarius. This is for two reasons; firstly the Fixed Signs are always appropriate for situations we want to endure and secondly because those planetary pairs are equal or near equal in weight or esteem. If you can't do fixed Signs then do mutable Signs, but don't ever use Cardinal Signs, they're only used for things we want to be over with quickly.

Yes, but we don't really care about L7, we want to reinforce the natal L1s in the election if possible. However, the better situated the natal charts are for favorable marriages, the less work needs to go into the electional.

Anyway, I was playing around with times at my location, but see what 3pm on March 29th looks like for where ever you are planning on having it.

March 29 doesn't work for us because it needs to be a Friday or Saturday evening. The dates we can choose from are March 28, April 3, April 4, April 10 or April 11.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
anjelik said:
March 29 doesn't work for us because it needs to be a Friday or Saturday evening. The dates we can choose from are March 28, April 3, April 4, April 10 or April 11.

I'm really sorry to hear that. It's still a year away, so you may want to keep that option open. You're not going to get the benefics on the angles and the Sun/Moon Trine with reception on any other date. Let's look at the other dates though.

March 28th. This one could work. I have some doubts about the Moon's application to a severely debilitated Mercury. I tried to make Mercury significator of one of the participants, but wasn't okay with other things (10am, Venus cadent, Saturn on Descendant, 11am Venus still cadent). 3pm is probably the best bet, Jupiter on the Ascendant, Venus on the MC, but the Moon is now cadent which isn't great.

April 3rd is out because the Moon applies to the opposition of the Sun and the eclipse.

April 4th is out because the Moon is very void.

April 10th is out because the Moon is in Capricorn and applying to an afflicted malefic.

April 11th is out because the Moon is in Capricorn and applying Squares to the Sun.

Isn't electional astrology great!?! :D

I'm still championing March 29th at 3pm, it's the best one with some nice configurations that aren't going to be repeated, but if Sundays are absolutely positively out then March 28th is going to be your best bet but is definitely an inferior time compared to the day after.

Zarathu

Account Closed
You could always get married by a JP, at the exact time that you want, and then use the formal wedding as a reaffirmation of vows essentially.

My son needed to go to present a paper at an international nuclear physics conference in Australia and he wanted to take his girlfriend. So they decided being married would be a good idea. They got married right before they left, and then exactly a year later, they had a big formal wedding at a resort destination which was really an affirmation of their vows, so that everyone could participate. Luckily mom and dad live in a resort destination. All the family and friends from both sides came and many rented houses to enjoy the island and the national park for a week.

Its a thought.....

anjelik

You could always get married by a JP, at the exact time that you want, and then use the formal wedding as a reaffirmation of vows essentially.

My son needed to go to present a paper at an international nuclear physics conference in Australia and he wanted to take his girlfriend. So they decided being married would be a good idea. They got married right before they left, and then exactly a year later, they had a big formal wedding at a resort destination which was really an affirmation of their vows, so that everyone could participate. Luckily mom and dad live in a resort destination. All the family and friends from both sides came and many rented houses to enjoy the island and the national park for a week.

Its a thought.....

He's so traditional that I am not sure he would go for that. I really do not even care about having a wedding. I think they are all exactly the same and cheesy like a prom. I just wanted a nice ring and commitment to start a life with him. So a JP would work for me and I've said it several times that I would prefer to just elope. Would exchanging vows and then doing it again negate the original "contract?"

Tessie

Banned
Anjelik, why cant you just do it on the Sunday? I note that on another thread you stated paying consideration to others and their convenience. That is admirable of you, but it is your day and the only time you will get to do this, if you actually get it right. I dont think that dates are the place to make compromises.

If someone cant attend, then can see you another day. Guests attend weddings as a chore anyway. They will probably be abundantly glad to be released of the outfit, travel fare and gift selection stress. It is your ONE day. They are all there to wish you well anyway. What better way than to empathise with the date change?

Zarathu

Account Closed
Guests attend weddings as a chore anyway. They will probably be abundantly glad to be released of the outfit, travel fare and gift selection stress.

My wife(of 41 years) and I love to attend weddings. We never saw it as a chore. We/ve always participated in it as a joy!

Tessie

Banned
My wife(of 41 years) and I love to attend weddings. We never saw it as a chore. We/ve always participated in it as a joy!

Okay, that is presh, but it is half of my point. If the union of two individuals is a cause for such joy, surely you would be more joyful if they held the ceremony on a day that suited their matrimony, even if it meant that you could not make it, then a day that suited your calendar but that would be detrimental (astrologically) to them. For me, as I see it, it is their day, only. Everyone is there only to celebrate in hope of a long marriage. It is a day that comprises a number of decisions that will determine their lives. It seems only right that they should prioritise their preferences in these capacities over the guests' less pressing ones. And it seems only right that the guests should understand and, out of love, prioritise the date the bride/groom choose (I dont mean to sound dictorial). Do you agree?

Last edited:

anjelik

I went to dinner with my best friend last night and we were discussing when you become technically married in NY state. She and her husband had the get married twice by the court because the first time she did not change her name and didn't have a "ceremony." Because they were getting married in a church they wanted to wait to do all of that, but they were legally married as recognized by the government weeks before their actual religious ceremony. If this is the case, then it would make sense for my fiance and I to get married months prior so that I can send my visa off and have my name changed so that we can begin our lives together right after our celebration instead of waiting.

In terms of electional astrology, does the time and date that we sign the document with the court supersede any sort of spiritual ceremony? If that's the case then I have a ton more dates to play around with and would consider anything the week of Christmas and New Years. The only issue with that is that it seems every chart I erect Venus has no aspect with Mars and hard aspects with other planets. Uranus is also squaring the Sun and Moon, which would be negative. Thanksgiving time doesn't look very promising but we have September 30th that may look OK?

Based on everything I think December 26th or Sept 30th would be best. I think I would prefer Saturn to move out of Scorpio before we wed though. That transit has been rough on me and I want to make sure everything feels nice!

mdinaz

As far as I know in most states you sign a document right after the actual wedding so if the same document is signed before a JP before the "ceremony", then that is the binding date. The ceremony itself before or after-the-fact is for everyone elses benefit. You are not going to find a JP on Dec. 26th unless you know of someone personally who can legally do it for you. If you have a friend that can do it, you could pick almost any day and time to suit you.

dr. farr

For me, whenever the willed intent of marriage is actually manifested on the "material plane" = the inception time of that union; if both parties regard their marriage as having occured with the signing of a legal document, then the time of that signing is the marriage inception; however, if such a signing is "just a piece of paper" to the couple, and they both feel that marriage occurs only with the formal exchange of vows, then the inception of that marriage occurs when those vows are exchanged.
The imprint of the Cosmos upon the moment which HAS MEANINGFULNESS FOR THE PEOPLE INVOLVED, is what "counts"...

anjelik

For me, whenever the willed intent of marriage is actually manifested on the "material plane" = the inception time of that union; if both parties regard their marriage as having occured with the signing of a legal document, then the time of that signing is the marriage inception; however, if such a signing is "just a piece of paper" to the couple, and they both feel that marriage occurs only with the formal exchange of vows, then the inception of that marriage occurs when those vows are exchanged.
The imprint of the Cosmos upon the moment which HAS MEANINGFULNESS FOR THE PEOPLE INVOLVED, is what "counts"...

Well, what if two people have different sets of values? For instance, for him it is most important when we say "I do" in front of our friends and family and for me it's most important that it "feels" right. So for me it would be when we made it legal and for him it's the spiritual aspect. I am practical and he is romantic.

We are having our wedding on April 3rd. It looks like the ceremony will begin at either 4:30 or 5pm. I am leaning towards the former so that we would have said "I do" before Uranus enters the 7th house. I am trying to work on him for getting married legally earlier for practicality purposes, but he won't just agree immediately.. this will take a little bit of time for him to realize the reason behind it and that we aren't Cinderella and Prince Charming.