Mother issues

Chrysalis

In my chart for separation from the supposed "mother" i've got moon square saturn.

Btw i know shes saturn, as shes a cap moon.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

What in someones chart would show a separation from ones mother…. ?

If you are referring to your personal 'mother issues', your pseudonym might well provide a starting point, especially if in harsh aspect.

Uranus, as modern ruler Aquarius, and in harsh aspect with natal Moon is a
cert. for 'maternal clashes' because Uranus cannot come up to the expectations that a natal Moon imagines for its child/mother. A transit from Uranus to natal Moon can indicate 'temporary clashes' that, if not settled, can show a tendency to become permanent.

Any harsh aspect with natal Moon will show how the child experiences the mother figure and its attitude towards it.

There is an calculated non-physical astrological point called Black Moon Lilith. Its MEAN position :)lilth:in astro. com/astrotheme charts) in harsh aspect, especially to natal Moon, can offer information regarding any 'non-physical (emotional) attachment' with the biological mother. :lilth:can turn away and disconnect from that which it experiences as emotionally hurtful, e.g. unseen, non- existent, abandonement, neglect, yet because it actually cares so much and can't/won't show its true feeling.

Saturn can also show difficulties with 'parental figures'. It can show 'the shutting down' of manifested association, according to the manner of the strength in which one's own position works.

and a mother with drug addiction and homelessness
You're looking at aspects with Neptune with 'addiction', and possible influences from the 4th (home) or 12th (loss of physical realism) houses with homeless situation.
Pisces, as a sign, can also be relevant, especially with its modern ruler Neptune now transiting the sign.

Are you perhaps of the Uranus-Neptune (with or without Saturn) conjunction in Capricorn/Aquarius generation?

Sagcap88

What in someones chart would show a separation from ones mother and a mother with drug addiction and homelessness?

The moon in your chart represents the mother (or primary caregiver who acted as the mother). There was a book about the moon I read years ago (can’t remember the title) but it talked about the mother shown by your moon.

A child separated by their mother might not have their moon represent her but rather who ended up as its nurturer/caregiver.

A mother with drug addiction would most likely be Moon in Pisces, Moon in hard aspect to Neptune, or Moon in the 12th.

However, someone whose mother has addiction as merely a symptom of say, Bipolar Disorder, might have a moon tightly opposing Uranus. Just as a example.

ardentika

So if the Moon represents the mother, what would a Venus/Moon square imply about the mother in the childhood? Or an unaspected moon or with just one aspect.

aquarius7000

Hi,

The mother is ALWAYS the Moon regardless of her own Sun sign. My mother is a Leo, does that mean that she is represented by the Sun in my chart? No. My dad is a Taurus, but he is not represented by Venus. He remains the Sun.

Look at the house, the strength and the aspects of the Moon and the Sun to understand your parents. And, remember, that same aspect, despite the usual generalisations (which are useful also), can mean different things. So, Moon-Saturn does not always mean separation from the mum. It can mean many things: a mother that has a tough life, is very disciplined and also stern with her children, feels deprived of pleasures of life, has had a burdensome/austere life, etc. etc. etc.

If you want more specific answers, the whole natal chart needs to be looked at. Otherwise, feel free to cherry pick whatever suits you from the various interps of an aspect/a planet you will get to read.

AquaMoonChild

Thank you everyone. It's not for me but many important people in my life. A child I care for during the day and a good friend of my son has capricorn moon but we don't know his time of birth so I'm trying to guess his house position for the moon. He's also an aquarius and his siblings ended up in foster care. Unfortunately this is all too common and I come across this incident with too many important people in my life. I myself was adopted but I never felt I have mother issues. I was very close with my adoptive mother and respect both my birth mother and adoptive mother greatly. My birth mother was an Aquarius and my adoptive mother an Aquarius rising by the way which fits perfectly with my Aquarius moon.

My stepson's mother is also hooked on drugs and married to a drug dealer. His moon is in taurus though in the third. My childhood bestfriend was homeless and her mom was an addict. I met her down the street living in a car with her mom and sister. Her moon is in aries and I can't pin the house down. I was thinking it would be the 12th? Her mom ended up coming out of it when she started working in a hospital. I'll have to look more into their aspects.