Hecate [or astroied Hekate]

Whoam1

Does anyone know more on this astroided? I have read some on the godess and astroideds interpretations but I'm not yet satisfied.

She is at my Mars/Jupiter midpoint [1 degree orb] she is square my angular Mercury in Scorpio (my only angular planet) and contra-parralel my suns ruler [jupiter]. She would also then be sextile my Mars/Mercury midpoint.
Also trines my Venus.

Curious too because she's been coming up a lot lately.

Last edited:

waybread

You might enjoy reading about Hekate in Greek mythology athttp://www.theoi.com/Khthonios/Hekate.html

Hekate got a bad rap later in ancient times that she didn't deserve, because as a goddess of the night and underworld, she was appealed to by practitioners of black magic. But in her role in the best-known myth of underworld goddesses, that of Demeter and Persephone, she was helpful and beneficial. Hekate is the goddess whose torches light the way through the dark.

She is one of the triple moon goddesses. Artemis (Diana) of the waxing crescent, Selene (and possibly Hera/Juno) of the full moon, and Hekate (Hecate) of the waning crescent moon.

I like mythological Hekate a lot. She has several cognate underworld goddesses in other countries, like the Norse goddess Hel and the pagan Welsh goddess Cerridwen. All of them got a bad rap later in Antiquity but initially they were Mother Earth goddesses, symbolizing both womb and tomb.

Whoam1

You might enjoy reading about Hekate in Greek mythology athttp://www.theoi.com/Khthonios/Hekate.html

Hekate got a bad rap later in ancient times that she didn't deserve, because as a goddess of the night and underworld, she was appealed to by practitioners of black magic. But in her role in the best-known myth of underworld goddesses, that of Demeter and Persephone, she was helpful and beneficial. Hekate is the goddess whose torches light the way through the dark.

She is one of the triple moon goddesses. Artemis (Diana) of the waxing crescent, Selene (and possibly Hera/Juno) of the full moon, and Hekate (Hecate) of the waning crescent moon.

I like mythological Hekate a lot. She has several cognate underworld goddesses in other countries, like the Norse goddess Hel and the pagan Welsh goddess Cerridwen. All of them got a bad rap later in Antiquity but initially they were Mother Earth goddesses, symbolizing both womb and tomb.

Thanks! I got bored so I took a demi-god quiz for shits and giggles and I got hecate. I have Pluto and Eris who are of a darker nature prevelant in my chart, along with op death Saturn. I was looking for a God or godess to include in my life I had just looked at nyx who actualy suits the Pluto planet in meaning better than Hades.

Naturally the God/Goddess would have to be of both Pltuo and the Moon in nature as Pluto squares the Moon [thus throwing the Moon into overdrive and making Pluto personal].

The last thing u was looking for was some inclination to water[my Capricorn dom nature already is], curious to find out if there is any connection to water with hecate.

Whoam1

According to the most genuine traditions, she appears to have been an ancient Thracian divinity, and a Titan, who, from the time of the Titans, ruled in heaven, on the earth, and in the sea, who bestowed on mortals wealth, victory, wisdom, good luck to sailors and hunters, and prosperity to youth and to the flocks of cattle; but all these blessings might at the same time be withheld by her, if mortals did not deserve them. She was the only one among the Titans who retained this power under the rule of Zeus, and she was honoured by all the immortal gods.
Alongside her intense lunar identification, Hecate is also associated with the element of water: her first love affairs were with sea gods including Triton. Her great-grandfather was Pontus the Sea. Her maternal great-aunt was the sea monster Keto. Hecate is also related to the Gorgons and Sirens and may be the mother of Scylla, who was transformed into a sea monster by another relative, Circe. Prior to her transformation Scylla was a beautiful woman from head to waist, with canine hips terminating in a fish tale.

Seems like my hunch about water may be right.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/keepingherkeys/2018/02/hekate-goddess-of-the-sea/

Last edited: