Venus sextile Neptune: Platonic Love?

Astrology

What astrological aspects/placements indicate platonic love in one's birth chart? Personally, I'm very interested and fascinated by platonic love. I think that's what really love is and should be. It's pure love. In my birth chart, I have Venus sextile Neptune, does this indicates platonic love?

Attachments

• Birth Chart.jpg
    Birth Chart.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Birth Chart Table.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 22

Domna

I'm also fascinated by platonic love. As an aromantic individual that's the only type of love I know.

Venus/Neptune would be my first thought too. Neptune is associated with universal love, so a connection with Neptune would make sense, and a good Venus/Neptune connection could definitely translate as a higher expression of love. Personally I only have Venus sesquiquadrate Neptune though... So maybe also Moon/Neptune connections. (I have Moon trine Neptune.) Or Neptune/Descendant perhaps. I also suspect that Venus/Uranus aspects, or an Aquarius Venus, can lead to more platonic relationships, but perhaps not the pure and unconditional love that you are talking about. I also notice that you have Venus in the 11th house, which I think might be a Venus that looks more for friendship than romance??

Sorry, can't give you more than speculation. But I am intrigued to hear what more experienced members have to say on the subject.

ElenaJ

Venus sextile Neptune is romantic and idealistic. Always searching for harmony and poetry in love.
Difficult for a chart with three planets in scorpio to remain platonic, though.

Astrology

It's not difficult at all, in fact, I've noticed the same thing too. I have many Scorpio traits based on my birth chart and it's strange because I don't act like Scorpio at all in love/relationships, I would never be possessive, jealous over my partner if I'm in love or in a relationship with someone. I'm a person who's willing to give 100% freedom to my partner, and I want the same in return as well. Just like platonic love, no sex involved, which is not possible for someone with lots of Scorpio traits. Maybe because I have Venus in the 11th house, that probably explains why I prefer to be in platonic love. Any other thoughts?

MajorTom

What astrological aspects/placements indicate platonic love in one's birth chart? Personally, I'm very interested and fascinated by platonic love. I think that's what really love is and should be. It's pure love. In my birth chart, I have Venus sextile Neptune, does this indicates platonic love?

Hey; I'm glad I've found this thread, because I'm very much fascinated by this type of love too, and have been thinking a lot recently about why is it so. If you'd like, I can share my chart here, to see if someone can point out if there's something same as in yours in relation to this matter

ardentika

I wouldn't agree that platonic love is a "higher" expression of love. I think Neptune likes to stay in his realm and doesn't do well with reality. Platonic love often leads to being in love with the idea of an individual rather their true self. I haven't experienced Neptune jny natal chart, however I have experienced it in transits.
For the longest time it has been transiting my 1st house and trines my Venus. I have found myself in a platonic connection because it was long distance.

However the highest form of love is the once unconditional and consumed. Because that's creation energy. Sex is a sacred tool and a powerfully healing one. With sex we literally create more humans. Ideally that would be the highest love. Because now Neptune lessons are.grounded and are actually producing something. An individual created by a couple that loves each other unconditionally will be a powerful individual because they are CREATED in the divine pool of love.

Neptune is not an end goal imo. Neptune teaches valuable lessons that need to be grounded. Otherwise it goes into the category of delusion. It's definitely a hard planet to deal with it. Even with soft aspects.

Asteria77

I wouldn't agree that platonic love is a "higher" expression of love. I think Neptune likes to stay in his realm and doesn't do well with reality. Platonic love often leads to being in love with the idea of an individual rather their true self. I haven't experienced Neptune jny natal chart, however I have experienced it in transits.
For the longest time it has been transiting my 1st house and trines my Venus. I have found myself in a platonic connection because it was long distance.

However the highest form of love is the once unconditional and consumed. Because that's creation energy. Sex is a sacred tool and a powerfully healing one. With sex we literally create more humans. Ideally that would be the highest love. Because now Neptune lessons are.grounded and are actually producing something. An individual created by a couple that loves each other unconditionally will be a powerful individual because they are CREATED in the divine pool of love.

Neptune is not an end goal imo. Neptune teaches valuable lessons that need to be grounded. Otherwise it goes into the category of delusion. It's definitely a hard planet to deal with it. Even with soft aspects.
Wow that is an incredibly lucid response and very accurate for me. I am new to the forum and this response to your take on venus sextile neptune actually convinced me to register:) I have venus sextile neptune at 0 degrees and heavy libra pluto in my chart. I agree with you that idealising is the biggest issue with venus neptune for me personally. In all my relationships I have kept love interests at a distance, even though I knew they had an interest in becoming involved. Even platonic interests actually, friends are very distant and few between. I have been told I am aloof but I dont mean to be. I like to keep everything pleasant and I guess that's therefore seen as shallow. For me the IDEA of them just could not be ruined by real life encounters. The unrequited love theme has been a big part of my life and I do this to myself really. Can I ask you - what do you think a venus conjunct pluto again at 0 degrees in libra does to this venus sextile to neptune? Or what effect would they have in combination? These are the most exact aspects in my chart and im quite new to astrology. I'm loving this blog.

Irisiel

Welcome, Asteria. You need to go introduce yourself on the thread for that!

I'm a newb but was curious about that Venus conj Pluto. Dr Standley suplorts your unrequited love sense, which is no the same as saying it's hopeless-- you can still find the right person:

This is an incredibly dramatic placement for Love, relationships and passion. This is the placement that makes romance, karmic. There is a karmic emotional involvement in relationships (personal) that causes the individual to be consumed by Love and passion with intensity and drama. The individual with this placement in their chart 'expects' their partner to feel the same way, which often results in disappointment. This is because its highly likely the other person does not have this same aspect. There is deep disappointment when others fail to soar to such great emotional heights and then the individual plummets into the emotional depths.

Zora

Account Closed

No - not with a scorpio venus conj. scorpio pluto.

Venus as ruler of 5th house -sexuality and love and romance - in scorpio in conjunct with a strong scorpio pluto in 11th house- social media and internet area - is passionate on far distance and of different sexual habits as others. Sextiling neptune as ruler of house of sexuality in 1st house squaring mercury - can show itself as a favored virtual mental mind sex and dirty talk....