Is my son gay?

Lion o ness

Forwarded from this post. Added to horary question.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80687

My 12 yr old son, told me he's gay. Due to his age. I don't want to post his chart. I'm just needing some mature conversation about it.

First, I'm not surprised. I just always knew he would be, but I put it back away saying that's for another day when he gets older.

We just recently moved, and when he started his new school, right off the bat he was telling friends he's gay..

What gets me, is he's so young to be openly gay, not saying that's a bad thing. Just you know many gay people spend years in secret, at least from family.
I'm glad he told me. I told him it's fine and I accept him for the way he is. I hugged him. I guess he knew he didn't want to live with the secret...

I'm not concerned with him being gay, my concern is since he's being so open at school, that he will be bullied or not accepted. Especially when he gets into high school. I know it's not an easy life for him. I fear for his safety now.

Plus idk how to handle him being open about it. I asked if he needs someone to talk to about it, and he said no I'm fine..

Any suggestions? Help..

Please be sensitive due to the nature.

Astrologically he has a packed h10 which is why I guess he will be so open

Sun in Taurus h9
Moon in Virgo h2
Venus in Taurus h10
Mercury in Taurus h10
Mars in gem h10
Saturn in gem h10
Nn in gem h10
Asc in a Leo

He's mars in aqua, in his h3. He makes no aspect to Neptune. Saturn is in his h1, could this signify an older man, as there is reception, but no aspect. This worries me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

tikana

umm i have my doubts... merc your son is in critical degree about to change signs. hmm dunno.. lets wait to see what others think

tikana

rumor does not mean a rumor in modern sense
meaning if you look in CA II .. if the information /new you received is true or not

don't interpret RUMOR as a RUMOR.. it is part of the news ..

Dirius

Well the chart doesn't really present any indication of him being gay (as in showing a dislike for women), but I suppose this is irrelevant because he is extremely open about his sexual orientation, instead of trying to keep it a secret.

Now like you said, your main concern is his well-being, and you are afraid of him being discriminated or bullied. While it is most likely that at some point in his life he might experience discrimination, for now the chart suggests he is happy, and being accepted.

You = Moon
Your son = mars ruler of 5th

Mars is placed in the 7th, powerfull placement, not weak, but strong. This also shows his ability to be open and proud about it (which I consider brave of him, specially being so young).

But now lets look at the people around him:

- The turned 7th house (the 11th), "other people, enemies, peers, etc.", ruled by venus. Right now, Venus is in capricorn, in the exaltation of mars, which would imply his peers/other people around him are fine with it.

- The turned 11th house (the 3rd), "friends", ruled by mercury. Now, mercury is in sagittarius at 29° degrees...about to change signs intro capricorn, the exaltation of mars. So maybe his friends are still processing this...but will soon accept it.

My opinion is that, while it is understandable that you are worried about him being accepted, right now his "social" life would seem fine. Of course the chart doesn't tell you about his whole life and only shows the current period of time. But for now, at least seems good.

-- Moon in via combusta, showing that as a mother, you are extremely worried about this. The fact that the Moon is in libra (detriment of mars) could imply that perhaps you are still not accepting this? yet moon will soon move into scorpio: you will accept and be fine with it, but you'll feel sad about it (moon in the regency of mars, yet in its own fall).

Hope it helps :joyful:

PS1: remember that, whatever happens, your son is an extremely brave young man for coming out and accepting himself at such a young age.

PS2: also remember that society and the new generations are much more open than they once were.

Last edited:

Lion o ness

Thanks..
Yes he seems happier in his new school, then he was in the old school. He's a lot more social.

As for me, I've accepted it, like I said honestly it's really not a surprise. I always had the feeling he was at a very young age. Meaning he always wanted girls toys etc. little things like that. But at those times. I gave him the toys and what nots that he wanted.. He was never into boys things, and only really has female friends. I've always know, but figured I would cross that bridge when it comes up.

Yes I'm worried about his well being, but I'm also struggling with what as a mother am I suppose to do.. Ie take him to therapy, or find some sort of club, where he can have others to talk to. I'm struggling with what am I suppose to do to make this life some what easier for him.

I can give acceptance and love at home, but we all know the real world doesn't do that...

Honestly deep down, right now, I just don't want anyone to know. I'm kinda ashamed of my self for thinking like that. But I would prefer to keep it quiet for now. But he wants to be so open. Which I do understand he shouldn't have to hide who he is, but I just think he's was too young to be so open...
Idk... How else to explain it.

tikana

he is 12.. just love him.. it doesnt really matter ... when i was 12 i hate being a girl. I wanted to be a boy.. ehh i grew out of it.. thank god i am not a guy i'd be a asexual hermit!

Dirius

Thanks..
Yes he seems happier in his new school, then he was in the old school. He's a lot more social.

As for me, I've accepted it, like I said honestly it's really not a surprise. I always had the feeling he was at a very young age. Meaning he always wanted girls toys etc. little things like that. But at those times. I gave him the toys and what nots that he wanted.. He was never into boys things, and only really has female friends. I've always know, but figured I would cross that bridge when it comes up.

Yes I'm worried about his well being, but I'm also struggling with what as a mother am I suppose to do.. Ie take him to therapy, or find some sort of club, where he can have others to talk to. I'm struggling with what am I suppose to do to make this life some what easier for him.

I can give acceptance and love at home, but we all know the real world doesn't do that...

Honestly deep down, right now, I just don't want anyone to know. I'm kinda ashamed of my self for thinking like that. But I would prefer to keep it quiet for now. But he wants to be so open. Which I do understand he shouldn't have to hide who he is, but I just think he's was too young to be so open...
Idk... How else to explain it.

You shouldn't feel ashamed for feeling that way. It is just the motherly nature.

I understand that you would like to advise him not to be so open about his sexual orientation, because not everyone might react with such acceptance. Unfortunatly...those kind of lessons are usually learned by self experience rather than advise, because even if you say it with the deepest love and concern for him, he might take it the wrong way.

There are a few gay support groups that actually offer advise to heterosexual parents, about approaching teenagers about certain specific topics regarding their sexual orientation. This are mostly aimed to help the parents "deal" with certain taboo subjects, for example, sexual education.

You should look info about that. Remember that perhaps it is not him who needs the help, but you to provide him a home environment in which he can feel comfortable and open about who he is.

But again, don't feel bad about yourself, its just your mother instinct trying to protect him.

tikana

Dirius is right. Just relax let your son grow. Alexander the great was more gay than straight. Nothing to be embarrassed about. if your son is indeed gay, at least he wont be feeling he is neglected or rejected.

Lion o ness

Thanks for the support T & D.

I'm going to look into support groups or something silimiar. I'll keep a close on if he seems to get depressed or something...

He's doing well right now as D stated. So I'll try not to worry so much. (Yeah right huh :biggrin:)

I'm treating him the same. I want him to know at least he has the support at home.

tikana

Lion.. do howeveryou wish but you do not need to go to support group atm. it is not confirmed if he is gay or straight.. just relax and let him play with whatever it is he is into. Go spend time with him and not runnign around looking for support groups. Way too early for that.

no one knows him better than you do. He felt comfortable telling you that he thinks he is gay. I have a relative who did that. we were not close i hardly ever saw him (age gap is like 10 years or so and we lived in different cities)... he was hiding for years he was gay. he was dating girls and etc. He was GQ material .. you have no idea how handsome he was. Those kind of guys dont appear too often on the scene. Its very difficult to impress me with the looks. When I was 15 i think (he kind of hinted that he was gay but he was dating girls just to avoid harassment and attacks) ... Every girl he had ever dated wanted a kid from him. He used to be in the military, so he would come to us in the officer military uniform. I saw this with my own two eyes after he came to my house and we went together to the metro ... when i was coming back girls were all bugging me about him. he came out big time in the early 90s but i saw how misrable he was hiding his sexuality because culture didnt accept him nor did his family. My mom doesnt accept him either (good thing he is thousands of miles away) otherwise it would be serious hell. He cried on my shoulder when i saw him 6 years ago how difficult it was for him to date a girl.

just sharing my exp with that.

right now your son needs you more than you need support groups. A lot of girls kiss other girls when they are in puberty. shrug
that doesnt mean they are lesbians or bisexuals. it is hormones. And if he is gay, he is your flesh and blood. Just be a mom for him.. he is no different than who he was yesterday!

Last edited:

Lion o ness

Thnks T.. Good advice.

I have a question on the chart.

With Saturn in his h1, (and him in saturns sign) could this be an older man influencing him, somehow?

tikana

To be honest, he is not gay. I am not seeing it.. i think it is his hormones are doing stunts. go to that link i sent you.. see if it makes any sense.

right now it is the most difficult period on his life he is trying to find out who he is.

That saturn doesnt really say much ... other than rumor/news true or not i cant think of any other way confirming or denying if he thinks is true or not.

if you want me to ask on FB horary forum how would one read a chart like that, lemme know i will be more thanhappy to ask

T

Last edited:

Lion o ness

To be honest, he is not gay. I am not seeing it.. i think it is his hormones are doing stunts. go to that link i sent you.. see if it makes any sense.

right now it is the most difficult period on his life he is trying to find out who he is.

That saturn doesnt really say much ... other than rumor/news true or not i cant think of any other way confirming or denying if he thinks is true or not.

if you want me to ask on FB horary forum how would one read a chart like that, lemme know i will be more thanhappy to ask

T

Sure I'm ok with you getting help on the chart.