what kind of musical instruments you like?

TheMarine45

Well, I guess I'll be the first to post an answer. I mostly like guitars, all kinds - acoustic, classical, electric. I was learning how to play guitar some time ago (self learning), but I didn't really progress as I had old battered (bellied) classical guitar with acoustic strings on it (which caused the belly on guitar) and it was a torture to play. As I speak I'm restoring that same guitar, I don't have any special knowledge about guitar repairs but I do have solid wood working skills and repair skills (self taught) and talent I guess. I need to restring it and fix the belly on it and then I'll be able to more seriously put effort into learning to play some songs. As for my signs, I have sun in leo, moon in gemini and taurus ascendant. :joyful:

annaalmog

Wow! :whistling: I can play piano, harmonium, veena, tanpura and drum :biggrin: However, I like to play harmonium and piano the most :)

My moon sign is Taurus and sun sign is Leo :)

Imagication

I've off and on played piano, acoustic guitar, and bass. Bass is my favorite (electric or acoustic) esp. jazz and funk styles. Eventually, I'd like to have some proficiency in drums and violin as well.

:scorpio: ASC, :virgo: Sun, :libra: Moon

piercethevale

Wished I had the talent to play a string instrument ...had the opportunity to take violin in Jr. High for a year, teacher thought I should continue, gave it up for art as a major. Took a years guitar lessons at 17, but I had a guitar with a neck as thick as a brick and couldn't afford another...so that didn't take.
I mentioned in college, when I was 18-19 that I always liked the sound of a banjoand loved the way Buffalo Springfield utilized it in their hit tune, "Bluebird" and the way Neil Young was playing it in some of his songs and OH!, that John Hartford !!!.
So someone gave me one about 6 mos after I turned 19 and I've been trying to learn to play the danm thing for the last 41 years. [I'm presently with my 4th banjo, a Deering 'Little Wonder', open back.

I just play for my own amusement, but as I had forgotten how to read music and little is written for the banjo anyway, it was a guitarist for a Northern Calif. band, name of George Gray, whom didn't know how to read music that, in 1999, taught me the "Box Method" of playing, adapting it from guitar to banjo which is relatively easy considering the most common tuning for a banjo, the 'D' tuning, is DGBD and a high G for the fifth string.

I know a number of big name guitarists that started with a banjo and once I learned this method I could hear the banjos influence in many, if not most, of the songs they wrote. ...and I could figure out Earl Scruggs, note for note, and play it, too.

Been laid off from playing it awhile...sitting in the corner needing new strings put on, and I got three sets...but just don't feel like playing lately.
Saturn going conj. my Asc at 17* Scorpio 10', opposite Sun at 16* Taurus 15' and square Pluto at 20* Leo 48'... then goes opposite my Jupiter,,,then Mars...late Taurus early Gemini...

...don't think I'll feel like playing it before too long, none, either.

opiumchild

Leo Sun, Aries Moon, Libra Ascendant

I can play piano, violin/fiddle, bass guitar

Im more of a string person I suppose

I would love to be able to play the cello

mdinaz

I'll chime in as well. I started on guitar but found myself picking out the bass lines and switched to bass. I've played in many rock and metal bands as a bass player and could have been a professional but I've got this thing about eating every day and having my own place. I can still play guitar to an extent and also drum okay.

Sun Gemini, Taurus ASC, Leo Moon - Mars in Virgo trine ASC and sextile Neptune is probably where my musical ability and preference for bass comes in. The Gemini Sun is what allowed me to be self-taught, and Leo Moon makes me a good showman on stage. A Mercury/Uranus square adds dexterity.

multiple

Account Closed
synthesisers, mainly ones which are analog, there is something that just resonates with me with the way they sound. the warmth in some of them, it's like they have a soul of their own.

i'm not too great at playing them though!

I also like some other vintage equipment like the roland space echo, valve amp compressors. recording mediums like reel to reel tape.

for your study my ascendant is gemini, my sun is gemini and my moon is leo. hope that helps.:smile:

Saggal

In Elementary School & High School, I was in the Band….Absolutely loved it! I started with the Flute, then to the Clarinet, Oboe & Bassoon. Continued on to the Piano.
When I came to the Atl. I attended an Audio Recording School (one of the "older" students I must say). It was awesome!

:sagittarius: :sun:
:leo: Asc.
:capricorn: :moon:

I am a musician and composer (thanks to Venus-Neptune sextile), and I like the question)).

I finished a music school with a gold medal after 5 years of learning to play the accordion. So, I like this instrument very much. In my youth (mid-90s) I was crazy about death metal music (and astrology too), so I loved electric guitar and its riff and fuzz sounds. I also was obsessed by metal drums and their blast beats, I wondered how living beings could play so fast and furious. Nothing changed up to present, I also love electric guitar and drum sets very much. I even purchased a drum set for myself.

Of course, I love many instruments, though accordion, electric guitar and drums are the most closest to my soul. Additionally, I like piano, violin and trumpet very much.

My data: Asc in Leo, Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Libra

tikana

i have to say my mom's nerves. When she is not avail, i play on everyone else's .. great orchestra i must say

:devil:

MissCapricorn

Hi!

I like this question!!! :happy:

My favourite musical instruments are cello, violin and piano but violin is my biggest love.:joyful: I learned how to play on cello for four years, when I was a kid, but I gave up what I regret now, because I miss it so much nowadays... :(
Now I can try to play by ear on piano sometimes. :)
As for the violin, this is the most romatic musical instrument to me! I adore it.♥
There are lots of feelings and emotions in the voice of a violin.
Two of my favourite novel character can play on violin - if not more! - who are brilliant minds and "I am in love with them" .
So I really would like to play on it once! :wink:

Capricorn Sun, Aquarius ASC, Sagittarius Moon

blindowl

should we consider nature a musical instrument? I love the sound of the rain. I'd love to learn to play the nothingness.

Bass, guitars and piano are sexy, too.

Cap Sun, Aqua moon, Leo rising

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
should we consider nature a musical instrument? I love the sound of the rain. I'd love to learn to play the nothingness.

Bass, guitars and piano are sexy, too.

Cap Sun, Acqua moon, Leo rising

I bet you'll like this then- http://www.rainymood.com/

Instruments I tend to like include the Erthu and dizi flute. Others would be the synthesizer, acoustic guitar and Jazz instruments.

Cancer on the sun. Grumpy cat Moon and a Bull on the rising.

Kitchy

Banned
I was looking for the cello song I love and couldn't find it, but I found this - and I am cool with it - I like the cello because it's irish in origin for some reason I can't explain nor will ever try.

Then there is the element of the country americana to it - the fiddle and guitar and banjo

but all the while, you can imagine a piano keeping up with it.

I like the cello best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn1d9EV0saM

MissCapricorn

I was looking for the cello song I love and couldn't find it, but I found this - and I am cool with it - I like the cello because it's irish in origin for some reason I can't explain nor will ever try.

Then there is the element of the country americana to it - the fiddle and guitar and banjo

but all the while, you can imagine a piano keeping up with it.

I like the cello best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn1d9EV0saM

I think it's interesting that you feels or think the origin in cello is irish... I also admire irish and celtic-scottish tunes, but because of violin. :joyful: