Help with Major/Career

Hello,
I am looking for some advice about a possible career for me. I struggle with depression and anxiety, although I feel I have a better control of it now. From Grade 6 - Grade 12 (graduated HS in 2012), I was an academic champion. I received all kinds of accolades, competed and scored well in speech competitions,and did well in sports.

Upon leaving HS and entering Uni, I wanted to go into medicine because I had a deep love of the human body. I was also considering law, politics, or psychology because I have strong interests in those areas. Sadly, my father hates lawyers and did not want me to pursue a degree in a field with no jobs. I decided that an anatomy and cell biology degree was right for me. Once I got into university (Sept 2012), I did very poorly in my chemistry, cell biology, and math classes. On the flip side, I scored very well in my psychology, ethics, and English classes. I also realised in my second year of university(Sept 2013-April 2014) that I had anxiety and depression issues. I still was of the mindset that I could continue down the science path because my poor grades were a result of depression. This mindset caused my to do poorly in my 3rd year as well (Sept 2014-Apr 2015). After that year, I decided to take a year off from school. It was very painful because I truly love to learn. Thankfully, I was able to get help for the depression.

My parents (both of them have their suns in Taurus) do not know about my academic troubles and do not believe that I have depression because apparently no one in our family has this illness (we are a heavily Christian, pure african family).

I am going back to school in September of this year and I will be going back to my original plan of a psychology degree and from there, going to law school or finding a job in politics. Nothing is absolute, but I'm interested in seeing what the stars say about my current path. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_02_thestars88.62073.25672.gif
    astro_w2gw_02_thestars88.62073.25672.gif
    48.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hello,
I am looking for some advice about a possible career for me. I struggle with depression and anxiety, although I feel I have a better control of it now. From Grade 6 - Grade 12 (graduated HS in 2012), I was an academic champion. I received all kinds of accolades, competed and scored well in speech competitions,and did well in sports.

Upon leaving HS and entering Uni, I wanted to go into medicine because I had a deep love of the human body. I was also considering law, politics, or psychology because I have strong interests in those areas. Sadly, my father hates lawyers and did not want me to pursue a degree in a field with no jobs. I decided that an anatomy and cell biology degree was right for me. Once I got into university (Sept 2012), I did very poorly in my chemistry, cell biology, and math classes. On the flip side, I scored very well in my psychology, ethics, and English classes. I also realised in my second year of university(Sept 2013-April 2014) that I had anxiety and depression issues. I still was of the mindset that I could continue down the science path because my poor grades were a result of depression. This mindset caused my to do poorly in my 3rd year as well (Sept 2014-Apr 2015). After that year, I decided to take a year off from school. It was very painful because I truly love to learn. Thankfully, I was able to get help for the depression.

My parents (both of them have their suns in Taurus) do not know about my academic troubles and do not believe that I have depression because apparently no one in our family has this illness (we are a heavily Christian, pure african family).

I am going back to school in September of this year and I will be going back to my original plan of a psychology degree and from there, going to law school or finding a job in politics. Nothing is absolute, but I'm interested in seeing what the stars say about my current path. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Hello thestars88 I find your chart interesting for many reasons
one of which is the time of birth
that's because the ascendant travels by one degree every four minutes of clock time
and so
if you had been born just twenty-five minutes earlier
your ascendant would ahve been Scorpio
one of our members who works as a nurse mentioned a few years ago
that in their hospital times of birth as well as times of death
are recorded often many hours after the event
and so
the accuracy of any time of birth is dependent on the particular record keeping methodology of the place of birth
and 8:45AM is a "rounded up" time
meaning someone noted that time as being the closest time to when the actual birth took place

Usually when a birth is taking place
the medical team are focused on the health and safety of mother as well as newborn
and are not gazing intently at their watches

So would be interesting if you would re-check documentation
Is the time documented elsewhere? :smile:
medical records, diaries, birth certificates are useful for research

Thanks JUPITERASC for your response.
Interestingly enough, medical records states I was born pretty much at 8:45 am on the dot (8:45:08). :biggrin:

I'm interested in finding out more about my chart. I think it has some interesting aspects to it, but I'm a beginner astrologist so I want to get put on the right path.:smile:

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_02_thestars88.62073.25672.gif
    astro_w2gw_02_thestars88.62073.25672.gif
    48.6 KB · Views: 24

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi Thestar88:

I think it is going to be personal preference whether you go into law or psychology since you have nice energy for both areas.

The 10h Mercury in Libra is good for law.
The huge amount of Scorpionic energy is good for psychology.
And the 12h is hospitals, clinics and institutions.

You may want to think about forensic psychology.

And as an aside, if you have a mood disorder, you probably want to select a job with lower stress levels, one which allows for a good work/home/recreation balance. So I would suggest that you rule out corporate law which is fairly competitive and stressful. There are jobs in law and psychology which lend themselves to a healthy work and home life.

Julia

waybread

Sorry to learn about your depression, but it is not unusual for people with hard aspects to their moon: in your case with Pluto and Saturn. It's great that you're getting treatment for it. Also with your serious 12th house focus, you may not be getting outdoors for fresh-air exercise as much as would benefit you. But your 12th house emphasis would also be good for yoga or a spiritual meditation practice (which could be Christian as well as eastern) which you might also find beneficial.

With your skills and interests in both science and psychology, I wonder how you feel about the field of neuroscience, which is where a lot of psychology (as the "behavioural science") is heading. Do you enjoy research? Your chart suggests to me someone interested in, and even compelled to engage in the mysteries of people's subconscious and emotional natures. Something like work in a sleep clinic might engage your talents without stressing you out too much.

As Julia noted, the 12th rules hospitals and other institutions for people who are shut-in in some way, which also includes prisons and monasteries.

Thanks to Julia Karmic Astrology and waybread!

I feel like with my new degree change I am headed on the right track for success. Interestingly enough, I worked at a jail as a summer intern this year, and I really enjoyed it. The only thing I hated was the extreme lack of resources for the inmates. When I spoke to the Deputy Directors of the prison about this, they said that many of the improvements that I would like to see implemented requires funding for programs outside the jail. This means that legislation must be crafted and enforced. I have come to see in my life that many of the changes I desire to see in the world must come about using the power of the law. This explains my strong interest in law and politics.

I will definitely look into forensic psychology and neuroscience careers. I will say that I am also very financial and status driven, so those aspects will probably play a role in my career choice.

Much thanks to both of you again! This site is awesome! =)

Julia Karmic Astrology

Thanks to Julia Karmic Astrology and waybread!

I feel like with my new degree change I am headed on the right track for success. Interestingly enough, I worked at a jail as a summer intern this year, and I really enjoyed it. The only thing I hated was the extreme lack of resources for the inmates. When I spoke to the Deputy Directors of the prison about this, they said that many of the improvements that I would like to see implemented requires funding for programs outside the jail. This means that legislation must be crafted and enforced. I have come to see in my life that many of the changes I desire to see in the world must come about using the power of the law. This explains my strong interest in law and politics.

I will definitely look into forensic psychology and neuroscience careers. I will say that I am also very financial and status driven, so those aspects will probably play a role in my career choice.

Much thanks to both of you again! This site is awesome! =)

Thestar88:

Some more feedback for you to consider.

Prison psychologist jobs seem to be plentiful, and they pay decent money, but you will not get rich. Status jobs they are not. Unless you work your way up the ranks to director positions, etc.

A forensic psychologist working with the courts and attorneys will have a higher status, be respected and may make more money than a prison psychologist.

The job market for attorneys has been quite tight for a number of years.
But there is always room for someone who is excellent.

If status, money, power, recognition are important, then that sounds more like law and politics.

I would do due diligence around career selection, you have a number of areas open to you, and factor in your financial and status needs.

Julia

MiaMiaMia

Thestar88:

Some more feedback for you to consider.

Prison psychologist jobs seem to be plentiful, and they pay decent money, but you will not get rich. Status jobs they are not. Unless you work your way up the ranks to director positions, etc.

A forensic psychologist working with the courts and attorneys will have a higher status, be respected and may make more money than a prison psychologist.

The job market for attorneys has been quite tight for a number of years.
But there is always room for someone who is excellent.

If status, money, power, recognition are important, then that sounds more like law and politics.

I would do due diligence around career selection, you have a number of areas open to you, and factor in your financial and status needs.

Julia

What does her 6th house in Taurus (venus in 11th in Scorpio) say about that?

p0ohbear

Interesting! Good luck! If anything I just say do what your heart tells you. No one wants to work everyday to just work. Its different when you actually dont feel like working because you love what you do.

I really wish you luck in making a decision!

Julia Karmic Astrology

Does the ruler Saturn in Pisces in the 3rd mean teaching is a source of income then? :unsure:

Yes good point.

I was thinking teaching as a possibility as well, law or politics educator.
10h Mercury in Libra, Virgo on the MC.
Teaching on a university level perhaps.
Will get along with colleagues and like working in large institution of some sort,
with all the 12 house activity.

Julia

Last edited:
Thanks and Two Questions

:smile: Thanks for the additional info guys. I appreciate the clarification. It is true that my ideal workplace would give me the opportunity to work with and change the lives of lots of people, and also have a clear method of advancement to the top job. I didn't really think of teaching, but I am thinking of it now based on my chart.

I have two other questions:
1) Just to confirm, if I seriously look into law and politics, there is at least a modicum of hope that I will be successful? Or at least that I have talent in that area?

2) I made another post about the Scorp Sun and Moon with Sag rising combination. I can't find many profiles about people with that combination. I'm not trying to be pretentious - I just really want to know more about what this combination is like and how it can be used to improve my life.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

EDIT: I'm also really surprised that my thread got moved out of the vocational section. Did I do something wrong?

Last edited:

MiaMiaMia

Yes good point.

I was thinking teaching as a possibility as well, law or politics educator.
10h Mercury in Libra, Virgo on the MC.
Teaching on a university level perhaps.
Will get along with colleagues and like working in large institution of some sort,
with all the 12 house activity.

Julia

Interesting, how do you read the relationship with colleagues?

I think the colleague reading comes from the mercury in libra, the activity in my 11th house, and the sagittarius ascendant. From my very basic (and perhaps flawed) knowledge, all of those things indicate how I project, act, and speak with my friends and colleagues.

MiaMiaMia

I think the colleague reading comes from the mercury in libra, the activity in my 11th house, and the sagittarius ascendant. From my very basic (and perhaps flawed) knowledge, all of those things indicate how I project, act, and speak with my friends and colleagues.

Thanks, I´m still trying to make sense of it.:joyful:
Sag ascendant sure plays a role, but I´d say colleagues fall under the MC, just like bosses?
11th always makes me think of the more casual social circles. Nonetheless, the libra mercury makes perfect sense when it comes to being pleasant in general. Though I wonder if it´s really more important than Venus, since she´s the charm.

I do not like my Venus placement because it gives me a lot of trouble in the relationship department. From what I have learned, a Venus in Scorpio is a very possessive and jealous person. I know I have those tendencies.

I also seem to expect that my partner should be passionate all the time, and I don't really like my partner to have too many friends of the opposite sex. My only relationship so far has been with a once bisexual Aquarius guy, and he had this hot and cold behaviour that was really annoying. It turns out he was gay, but even to this day, he still does things with me that should probably be reserved for someone he's in a relationship with. I have stopped (at least for the moment) trying to figure him out.

In short, my Venus is not charming at all. It is very seductive. I hope that none of my work colleagues or classmates have felt that I have acted in such a way with them. I try to come across as a proper, respectable, and honorable person.

MiaMiaMia

I do not like my Venus placement because it gives me a lot of trouble in the relationship department. From what I have learned, a Venus in Scorpio is a very possessive and jealous person. I know I have those tendencies.

I also seem to expect that my partner should be passionate all the time, and I don't really like my partner to have too many friends of the opposite sex. My only relationship so far has been with a once bisexual Aquarius guy, and he had this hot and cold behaviour that was really annoying. It turns out he was gay, but even to this day, he still does things with me that should probably be reserved for someone he's in a relationship with. I have stopped (at least for the moment) trying to figure him out.

In short, my Venus is not charming at all. It is very seductive. I hope that none of my work colleagues or classmates have felt that I have acted in such a way with them. I try to come across as a proper, respectable, and honorable person.

Thanks for your honesty! On behalf of this fellow aquarian, I agree, we are a weird bunch, and as much as I respect Scorpio energy, I would never mix those two:andy:

Interesting how you describe your Venus, and I appreciate how you keep to boundaries by the way, but could you illustrate further? What famous person´s aura do you relate to, what song, etc... I´m asking because it sounds otherwordly and I can´t really picture it in an everyday person to be that intense.

This may sound really horrible and will probably keep some people from responding to my future posts, but I really relate to Queen Elizabeth the Ist and Hillary Clinton. I see similarities in myself to both of these people. I like powerful and intense people, movies and things. When I was younger, I had a strong interest in super heroes, English Royalty, and the Presidents of the USA. My favourite movies tend to be more on the psychologically engaging side (e.g., Black Swan, Gone Girl, anything with Kevin Spacey - I LOVE HOUSE OF CARDS :biggrin:). I also love music from the 80s, rock music,classical music, Brandi Carlile, and OneRepublic. I will listen to anything though haha.

I don't think I'm like many people. I like lots of things and I'm generally not too picky. I'm a weird Scorpio.

What do you think about these questions?

1) Just to confirm, if I seriously look into law and politics, there is at least a modicum of hope that I will be successful? Or at least that I have talent in that area?

2) I made another thread about the Scorp Sun and Moon with Sag rising combination. I can't find many profiles about people with that combination. I'm not trying to be pretentious - I just really want to know more about what this combination is like and how it can be used to improve my life.