Will I get sacked from my job?

Ukpoohbear

The question was 'will I get sacked from my job?'

I am Moon and the job is 10th house Jupiter. The job is in the house of open enemies and in fall of the Moon, this does not look good. Jupiter is applying to conjunct Saturn. My job is working from home for a company who has different clients. It make sense I am in the 11th house because I work from home on the computer. think Jupiter is the client and the company is Saturn. It is funny because a fallen Jupiter means the company is in bad shape and they have been 'restructuring' the managers so there are less of them.

The part of dismissal is Mars. It is due to sextile me the Moon but first Venus trines the Moon. Does this mean Venus blocks Mars from sacking me?

The angles are not in a fixed sign which is not good and I also do not have any power in terms of reception. But Moon is not near the end of a house either and the next sign is domicile of the Moon. So if I do get sacked, I will soon be ok. Maybe Mercury meaning duality means I will be sacked from this client but offered another job for a different client but for the same company?

sackedjob.jpg

Last edited:

Bunraku

A modern reading (using Ivy's methods) for a modern astrologer of the U.K. :)

The Moon being the ruler of the first house shows that the querent is maternal in nature. The Moon is a sign that absorbs impressions, and therefore is easily imposed upon and is willing to work for nothing-- often taking on subordinate roles and accomplishes many tasks and functions in the workplace. She is sensitive and sympathetic, and is also the ones who is the impetus of change in the wore workplace (reflecting the Moon's role in horary). Cancer is the sign of homes, and the Moon, of comforts. Cancer also rules reservoirs, wells, fountains, and rivers, to put an image in your mind. :)

The Job is being ruled by Neptune, in Pisces. Neptune rules places of retirement, confinement or seclusion. When it comes to horary, Neptune being the significator often means that there is something mysterious and unreachable about the question. Neptune has a tendency to fool or misrepresent something.
Because Neptune rules the house in question, then the querent must take extra precautions. ;)
Neptune rules low lands, prone to flooding, such as beaches, bayous or swamps, to put an image in your head. :)

Both significators are in reticent signs, the crab and the fish. These signs do not make noise, meaning that both the querent and the job will not freely divulge details. The Moon making aspects to both Saturn and Neptune show there is much plotting and scheming.

The Moon in bad aspect to the ruler of the 10th house, shows that the native is dissatisfied with the current events, or suggests that she might be unhappy with work. There may be an issue with a Neptune ruled person perhaps. (A significator describing Neptune: gentle, vague, dreamy, an odd walk, into photography or the fine arts, interested in the psychic or occult phenomena, and likes to search for hidden meanings. This person may have had an unhappy childhood, or mysterious origins.)
The significator in bad aspect to Neptune shows potential issues of loss, defrauding, treachery, or through subversive methods. Neptune in the 10th shows scandals and ambiguity.

Neptune being in its own sign and retrograde also shows that "work" is interested in protecting its own interests and affairs, with little to no consideration for anyone else.

The 10th house rules the employer, rulers, superiors, executives, business, fame, reputation, the law. The 11th, where the querent is, rules friends, advisors, and hope, legislation, wishes and dreams.

Alert
Mercury is retrograde in this chart. This can indicate that there will be changes in plans or matters pertaining to it, or a change of mind in an important aspect. Because Mercury makes a square to the ascendant, this might not work well in the querent's favor.

IleneK

Premium Member
You as querent are moon and Jup/your boss/job is the 10th.
You and boss/job do not get on well with each other based on mutual adverse reception between these two significators. And you don't see eye-to-eye, do not understand the other's point of view, since Moon Jup are do not aspect; rather they are disjunct, five signs apart.

However, since your boss/Jup is weak in this matter, and the two significators do not aspect, favorably or unfavorably, and Moon's next aspect is a favorable trine to comfortably dignified Venus, I am inclined to think this you will not be sacked; that your questions of being fired will not come to fruition.

But it does not look to be a uncomfortable employment.

I hope I am right if it is your wish to remain. Please let us know how things go.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

A modern reading (using Ivy's methods) for a modern astrologer of the U.K. :)

The Moon being the ruler of the first house shows that the querent is maternal in nature. The Moon is a sign that absorbs impressions, and therefore is easily imposed upon and is willing to work for nothing-- often taking on subordinate roles and accomplishes many tasks and functions in the workplace. She is sensitive and sympathetic, and is also the ones who is the impetus of change in the wore workplace (reflecting the Moon's role in horary). Cancer is the sign of homes, and the Moon, of comforts. Cancer also rules reservoirs, wells, fountains, and rivers, to put an image in your mind. :)

The Job is being ruled by Neptune, in Pisces. Neptune rules places of retirement, confinement or seclusion. When it comes to horary, Neptune being the significator often means that there is something mysterious and unreachable about the question. Neptune has a tendency to fool or misrepresent something.
Because Neptune rules the house in question, then the querent must take extra precautions. ;)
Neptune rules low lands, prone to flooding, such as beaches, bayous or swamps, to put an image in your head. :)

Both significators are in reticent signs, the crab and the fish. These signs do not make noise, meaning that both the querent and the job will not freely divulge details. The Moon making aspects to both Saturn and Neptune show there is much plotting and scheming.

The Moon in bad aspect to the ruler of the 10th house, shows that the native is dissatisfied with the current events, or suggests that she might be unhappy with work. There may be an issue with a Neptune ruled person perhaps. (A significator describing Neptune: gentle, vague, dreamy, an odd walk, into photography or the fine arts, interested in the psychic or occult phenomena, and likes to search for hidden meanings. This person may have had an unhappy childhood, or mysterious origins.)
The significator in bad aspect to Neptune shows potential issues of loss, defrauding, treachery, or through subversive methods. Neptune in the 10th shows scandals and ambiguity.

Neptune being in its own sign and retrograde also shows that "work" is interested in protecting its own interests and affairs, with little to no consideration for anyone else.

The 10th house rules the employer, rulers, superiors, executives, business, fame, reputation, the law. The 11th, where the querent is, rules friends, advisors, and hope, legislation, wishes and dreams.

Alert
Mercury is retrograde in this chart. This can indicate that there will be changes in plans or matters pertaining to it, or a change of mind in an important aspect. Because Mercury makes a square to the ascendant, this might not work well in the querent's favor.

Thank you for the reading Bun!

Neptune as significator for my job makes sense. They are disorganised and vague making me not trust them.

Me as moon, I agree I feel like a subordinate who takes on tasks and is imposed upon. The poor moon is in opposition to some heavy planets. Maybe the Moon means I leave since, as you said, the Moon is the impetus for change.

Nice catch on Mercury retrograde and it squaring the ascendant meaning the change won’t be to my liking. To follow this theme, Mars was currently retrograde but was just about to change. It seems like Venus is protecting me from Mars and is stronger than Mars. But when Mars goes direct, I think it is saying the change means Mars will win and boot me out.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

You as querent are moon and Jup/your boss/job is the 10th.
You and boss/job do not get on well with each other based on mutual adverse reception between these two significators. And you don't see eye-to-eye, do not understand the other's point of view, since Moon Jup are do not aspect; rather they are disjunct, five signs apart.

However, since your boss/Jup is weak in this matter, and the two significators do not aspect, favorably or unfavorably, and Moon's next aspect is a favorable trine to comfortably dignified Venus, I am inclined to think this you will not be sacked; that your questions of being fired will not come to fruition.

But it does not look to be a uncomfortable employment.

I hope I am right if it is your wish to remain. Please let us know how things go.

Hi Ilenek and thank you. Yes it is my wish to remain because the hours are good and I work from home. I would like to move on eventually but for it to be my choice.

What is your opinion on the opposition between Mars and Venus and Mars about to turn direct?

It is hard to tell what will happen but the chart is so negative I think the outcome cannot be good. Maybe with ‘will I be sacked’ horaries, the outcome is imminent, but here it will happen but is a slow build up.

But I think this chart shows beautifully the pressure poor moon is under against all the heavy weight planets. I’m certainly proud of myself for working hard under pressure but a job shouldn’t be like this, not months down he line and everyone is feeling the same.

I am so anxious to find out what happens but if/when it does, I will hopefully accept it and just go with the flow and move on. Moon heading to Cancer next is hopeful.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Does anyone have an idea what Mercury could represent? It is important in this chart for a few reasons I will outline but I am trying to figure out who all these different players are.

Mercury is important because:
- I am in the sign of Gemini, ruled by Mercury
- Mercury is retrograde
- As Bun pointed out, it squares the ascendant
- Mercury is currently in Libra, favourably to Venus who is giving me support by the trine, Libra also exalts Saturn in 7th house
- But when Mercury turns direct, it will move into Scorpio, which is in fall of the Moon (me), this shows a turn of events not in my favour

It is like I won’t be sacked because Venus helps me but things change and go against me.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Also, I posted this chart - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1091536#post1091536) - a few months earlier asking about when I will be in a committed relationship and there was a work theme in the chart - Saturn prevented ruler of 10th and a commenter stated this may mean no job change for me. Saturn is a malefic though so I will face a barrier at some point and it won’t be positive.

I’m trying to see what both charts are trying to say about work. I think I will lose my job.

* also wanted to say, I had really good feedback from my team leader yesterday. But I don’t trust her, she does not give you space to talk and has broken the agreement of my probation and I think she will switch on me. She is Mars in this chart. Venus is the agency who got me the job who I have now asked to speak to her on my behalf.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Is this the chart that has been worrying you?

Mercury here could be suggesting trust your insights but play them close.

Yes it has been worrying me for months and I think the story of the chart is starting to come to fruition now. I think Venus represents my agency who I have asked to speak to my employer on my behalf. Interesting take on Mercury.

I don’t trust my team leader at all. I find it hard to keep things close to my chest even if I don’t say anything, people know what I’m thinking but I am making effort to stick up for my rights while not making a nuisance of myself. But my team leaders personality is awful. She only cares about herself and I can see a vindictive streak in her. During meetings with her, she speaks the whole time and only talks about herself. Does not give me space to talk and is deluded when she calls herself a nurturing personality. The problem is, with people like that, they know I can see through them without me having to say anything but I’m being polite and charming and most importantly, working my bum off so she has no excuses to get rid off me if her ego feels under threat. But, I can sense something coming. She is Mars in this chart I think.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Does anyone have an idea what Mercury could represent? It is important in this chart for a few reasons I will outline but I am trying to figure out who all these different players are.

Staying with whole sign house, as in my initial post in this thread: Merc rules the 3rd house of communication and the 12th house of self-undoing, isolation. It is it in partile square with Saturn in the 7th house and also ruling the 7th house of open enemies/your competitors, just barely having separated by retrograde motion.

First, I would say that to me Merc is essentially irrelevant to the delineation. It has no connection to any significators.

That said, I think that might Merc point to things you may say/communicate [Merc rules the 3rd] or have said that do not serve you [Merc's square to Saturn] and that do serve your competition at work [Sat in the 7th, ruling the 7th], all of which may contribute to your undoing and or isolation [Merc rules the 12th].

If you want to attach import to Merc in this chart, I would say that Merc suggests it being in your self-interest to be keenly aware of what you say or implicitly communicate in the context of the question you have posed.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Thank you Ilenek for your response. I will take the advice and be careful how I am communicating and that it does not serve me but only my enemies/adversaries. It makes complete sense.

Ukpoohbear

I think my team leader is trying to secretly undermine me and is playing games and having a shadow reaction to me.

Last week, she told me to stand my ground against the client when dealing with customers. I did, and yesterday she told me they complained to the manager about me and she said it is out of her hands and I will be fired and there is nothing she could do to stop it.

She is unusually critical of me, in front of a group of people too. She said yesterday that some people think she is harsh and they are just cry babies and asked me what I thought. I said I hadn’t even noticed and didn’t take it personally, which is not the truth but I was lucky I said that because I was too tired to react.

I think she is Mars in this chart. The agency is Venus who I have asked to speak to her about saying I could be gone.

I could request a new TL but I don’t want to look like I’m causing a hassle. If she did do this on purpose though, whether subconsciously or deliberately, she has halted my ability to progress because I won’t be able to become a ‘floor walker’ now if the manager has received a complaint about me from the client.

I’m going to have to be very careful and not let her influence me like she has done this week. (And also take responsibility for my own actions). But I think there is something going on here with her.

Last edited: