Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Medicine and health

Horary Questions on Medicine and health For questions about health, illnesses and recovery, pregnancy and baby gender.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-12-2012, 09:57 PM
cantenbar cantenbar is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 55
Red face Am I Pregnant?

I was wondering if someone could read my chart and let me know whether it indicates a pregnancy. Last week my boyfriend asked me to get a morning after pill, but I told him we'd be ok because a few hours after we were intimate my period started. The past couple of days I have been emotional, urinating frequently, and have period cramps, but no period (it's not even due to come for about 2 more weeks).

We are not trying to conceive. He is in the military and he has been separated from his wife for the past 5 years...yes, they are still married. She has a new boyfriend that she lives with in another state and they have 2 babies together. If I am pregnant, my boyfriend would not be happy even though we do eventually want to start a family and get married. Now is just not a good time for obvious reasons. I have been dating him on and off for the past 3 years. We just recently moved together 2 months ago and things are going well.

Does this chart show a pregnancy? What do you think? Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 2astro_2gw_13_am_i_pregnant_hr.82594.30943.gif (42.3 KB, 48 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Moog's Avatar
Moog Moog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In The Litter Tray
Posts: 2,701
Re: Am I Pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantenbar View Post
I was wondering if someone could read my chart and let me know whether it indicates a pregnancy. Last week my boyfriend asked me to get a morning after pill, but I told him we'd be ok because a few hours after we were intimate my period started. The past couple of days I have been emotional, urinating frequently, and have period cramps, but no period (it's not even due to come for about 2 more weeks).

We are not trying to conceive. He is in the military and he has been separated from his wife for the past 5 years...yes, they are still married. She has a new boyfriend that she lives with in another state and they have 2 babies together. If I am pregnant, my boyfriend would not be happy even though we do eventually want to start a family and get married. Now is just not a good time for obvious reasons. I have been dating him on and off for the past 3 years. We just recently moved together 2 months ago and things are going well.

Does this chart show a pregnancy? What do you think? Thanks in advance.
I think yes, since Cancer is rising, and the Moon is in the 5th, aspected by Jupiter.

The chart also indicates the potential for grief, as the 5th house is Scorpio, in which the Moon is very undignified. The 5th ruler Mars is in the 6th house, which indicates the potential for some kind of conflict to arise.
__________________
My Chart, Tropical
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Mandy Mandy is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pari, La France
Posts: 527
Re: Am I Pregnant?

I am so confused.

Moog: Why do you say Cancer is rising when the ascendant is Leo?

cantenbar: You say that last week you had a period (i.e., "Last week my boyfriend asked me to get a morning after pill, but I told him we'd be ok because a few hours after we were intimate my period started."). Then you say you suspect pregnancy because there is "no period." Have you had a period or not? I just ask because to my understanding the ascendant is early, so it may be too early to tell. And, the presence or absence of your period may be a more valid clue, relative to this horary.

Last edited by Mandy; 12-12-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Moog's Avatar
Moog Moog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In The Litter Tray
Posts: 2,701
Re: Am I Pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I am so confused.

Moog: Why do you say Cancer is rising when the ascendant is Leo?
Because I read charts in a sidereal/whole sign house format.
__________________
My Chart, Tropical
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moog For This Useful Post:
Mandy (12-12-2012)
  #5  
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:06 PM
cantenbar cantenbar is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 55
Re: Am I Pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I am so confused.

Moog: Why do you say Cancer is rising when the ascendant is Leo?

cantenbar: You say that last week you had a period (i.e., "Last week my boyfriend asked me to get a morning after pill, but I told him we'd be ok because a few hours after we were intimate my period started."). Then you say you suspect pregnancy because there is "no period." Have you had a period or not? I just ask because to my understanding the ascendant is early, so it may be too early to tell. And, the presence or absence of your period may be a more valid clue, relative to this horary.
I'm sorry I confused you! LoL. Well, I already have a 6 year old and after I started feeling crampy and weepy I went back and looked at the dates of when she was conceived. She was actually conceived the day my period was due. So I basically ovulated at the start of my period. Fast forward to now and had unprotected sex on Dec 2nd (10 days ago), but my period started a few hours afterwards and lasted 3 days. The day before yesterday which would be a week after my period began I started having period cramps again except my period isn't due for another few weeks so I have no clue why I am cramping right now...the only thing I can think of is possible conception. I hope that cleared things up a bit, it might still sound confusing, I'm sorry!

And thank you Moog, I will take a pregnancy test this weekend and I will update you with what happens. Grief/conflict would probably most definitely result if I find out that I am pregnant because he told me to take a morning after pill and I told him we would be fine. So yeah, he'll probably be upset. :/ But I'll keep you posted.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cantenbar For This Useful Post:
Moog (12-12-2012)
  #6  
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Mandy Mandy is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pari, La France
Posts: 527
Re: Am I Pregnant?

I completely understand now. I know it is perfectly feasable to conceive on the first day of one's period as that (then; thereabouts) is usually when the new egg is released from the ovary. So, the next few days which follow the egg is probably in the tubes. And, the sperm can take a few days to arrive at that location. Together, it is perfect for fertalization. On that front, I can understand your worry also.

However, this period that you had "last week" is very early - because you say "my period isn't due for another few weeks." Unless, I am getting this confused again, your description suggests that you had a period the week before last (or something; assuming you have a four week cycle). But if that was the case, I doubt you would be playing around (suggesting you could be pregnant). But also, if that was the case, I would not be surprised why you had a short period (suggesting you may not be pregnant). Anyway, sorry to get personal; just doing some detective work. Either way, I hope you'll try not to worry as it could just cause more delays. I hope all ends well.

Last edited by Mandy; 12-12-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:39 PM
cantenbar cantenbar is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 55
Re: Am I Pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
However, this period that you had "last week" is very early - because you say "my period isn't due for another few weeks." Unless, I am getting this confused again, your description suggests that you had a period the week before last (or something; assuming you have a four week cycle). But if that was the case, I doubt you would be playing around. But also, if that was the case, I would not be surprised why you had a short period. Anyway, sorry to get personal; just doing some detective work. Either way, I hope you'll try not to worry as it could just cause more delays. I hope all ends well.
My period was on time. I usually have a 26 day cycle so my period isn't due again until Dec 28th. But today is the 12th which means my period is due in a few weeks (2 weeks and 2 days from now). That's why I said that. It's ok, I'll try not to worry about it, thanks! I was just curious as to what you all thought. I appreciate your replies!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:13 AM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,943
Re: Am I Pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I completely understand now. I know it is perfectly feasable to conceive on the first day of one's period as that (then; thereabouts) is usually when the new egg is released from the ovary. So, the next few days which follow the egg is probably in the tubes. And, the sperm can take a few days to arrive at that location. Together, it is perfect for fertalization. On that front, I can understand your worry also.
Just for the record... Menstruation is the shedding of the uterine lining. During menstruation, there is no place for a fertilized egg to attach in the uterus. A new egg is released at ovulation, which is typically 10 days to 2 weeks after menstruation.

While OP did get conceive around her period with her other child, that kind of conception is anything but perfectly feasible. It is extremely atypical.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Mandy Mandy is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pari, La France
Posts: 527
Re: Am I Pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Just for the record... Menstruation is the shedding of the uterine lining. During menstruation, there is no place for a fertilized egg to attach in the uterus. A new egg is released at ovulation, which is typically 10 days to 2 weeks after menstruation.

While OP did get conceive around her period with her other child, that kind of conception is anything but perfectly feasible. It is extremely atypical.
Where did I say that a fertalized egg attaches itself to the uterus during menstruation? Just for your records, when an egg is released depends on the individual person's biochemistry; stress levels; hormonal activity; age; cycle duration; oral contraceptives, and probably some other factors that I cannot be asked to look up. Whether you believe it, or not, it is perfectly feasable for an egg to be fertalized on the first day of a woman's monthly period, because it happens a significant proportion of the time. It is actually quite similar, by comparison, to what you may be inclined to class as "atypical," but the fact that some people cannot get pregnant even though everything else seems to be in place. This too happens a significant proportion of the time. The message for you to take home, should you choose to accept it, is that the possibility of getting pregnant on the first day of a woman's monthly period is there - and, in practical terms, that is all that matters. Your reply, to me, has nothing to do with the purpose of the OP, so I am withdrawing from this dialogue. Take care.

Last edited by Mandy; 12-13-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:16 AM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,082
Re: Am I Pregnant?

The chart has an early Ascendant so could be too early to tell.

However, the indications are that you are not pregnant. Sun ruler of 1st and 5th ruler Mars do not aspect. Moon in 5th having recent conjunction to Mercuy in detriment moving to oppose Jupiter in detriment, also approaching Sun. These aspects are negative for pregnancy.

please update!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rafaella For This Useful Post:
cantenbar (03-13-2013)
  #11  
Unread 12-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Aquarius358 Aquarius358 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 535
Re: Am I Pregnant?

I agree - the chart does not indicate you are pregnant.

Moon is in the 5th but is opposing 5 ruler Jupiter.

Nor is 5 ruler in the 1st house (showing the baby in your body as it were.)

However, that the Moon is applying to Sun and both are in the 5th would indicate that you are definitely thinking and/or worrying about being pregnant but the chart does not indicate that you are.

Another thing - Fortuna is in the 1st House and, given you'd rather not be pregnant at this time, this says you will be fortunate & not have a pregnancy. ___
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 12-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Am I Pregnant?

PARDON for saying this......


But for $15 at any pharmacy, you can buy an over the counter pregnancy tester, and know way more accurately if you are pregnant or not.

Look.... I've been a successful astrologer for many years, but I was female and wanted to know if I was pregnant I would get a pregnancy tester, not ask a bunch of possible astrologers if I was pregnant.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 12-27-2012, 12:27 AM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,082
Re: Am I Pregnant?

Zarathu,

if you were a female you would have known a pregnancy cannot be accurately tested with home pregnancy kits one week after conception! Therefore, querent turned to 'possible astrologers' to find out if she was pregnant....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rafaella For This Useful Post:
cantenbar (01-02-2013)
  #14  
Unread 12-27-2012, 03:36 AM
appleberry appleberry is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North America
Posts: 291
Re: Am I Pregnant?

Lol... I second that!!

There are physical changes in the body that give you a feeling but at that point astrology is prolly more accurate than those tests. They're effective around the time you miss your period and by then you pretty much know because you've missed it...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 12-28-2012, 01:36 AM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Am I Pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaella View Post
Zarathu,

if you were a female you would have known a pregnancy cannot be accurately tested with home pregnancy kits one week after conception! Therefore, querent turned to 'possible astrologers' to find out if she was pregnant....
Whatever! If you believe that you can predict where a person is pregnant through astrology, then more power to you!

I'd go for the test, or go to a clinic.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 12-28-2012, 03:09 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: Am I Pregnant?

I too would ALWAYS advocate seeking objective testing and expert medical advice regarding this matter; however there is nothing wrong with also consulting to see what astrological models might have to say about this, and I fully believe certain astrological models can accurately indicate pregnancy being present or not in its earliest stages, in a statistically significant proportion (eg, in dozens of applications of the al-Sadwali horary method, the rate of correct pregnant/not pregnant prognostic resuts, in my personal experience, has been about 80%-and the al-Sadwali technique is a purely mechanical-ie non-interpretive-method!)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
rafaella (12-28-2012)
  #17  
Unread 12-28-2012, 03:21 AM
Moog's Avatar
Moog Moog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In The Litter Tray
Posts: 2,701
Re: Am I Pregnant?

It's a site about astrology, let's astrologicate
__________________
My Chart, Tropical
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 12-28-2012, 06:38 AM
serafin5's Avatar
serafin5 serafin5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the california high desert
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moog View Post
It's a site about astrology, let's astrologicate
Thats a great word Moog!!! LOL!!!! Thank you!

Attempting to astrologisize daily.....
Serafin5
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to serafin5 For This Useful Post:
Moog (12-28-2012)
  #19  
Unread 01-02-2013, 03:45 PM
cantenbar cantenbar is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 55
Re: Am I Pregnant?

Hello all! Just an update:

I am NOT pregnant! And I'll be starting birth control this month. LoL.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cantenbar For This Useful Post:
Aquarius358 (01-02-2013), rafaella (01-03-2013)
  #20  
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Aquarius358 Aquarius358 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 535
Re: Am I Pregnant?

Thanks for letting us know! ___
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 01-12-2013, 04:35 AM
serafin5's Avatar
serafin5 serafin5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the california high desert
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius358 View Post
Thanks for letting us know! ___
Happy New Year me 'ol mate!!!
S5
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pregnant

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.