Sun and Moon Combinations - A thing I Found

tautomer

Ouch!

I got 'Carefree,' apparently the most balanced, which I kinda believe to be true at least as I get older.

Capricorn sun and Sagittarius Moon.

I'm pretty sure I'd crack under the current planetary pressure if I didn't have my Sagittarian Moon and Venus.

Oh that certainly must be helping right now. Keeps things looking forward, and is neatly staying out of the way of any of the nasty transits going on right now. That, and having a uranus trine transit must be rather nice. Unexpected good surprises are always welcome in my book! Sorta. I usually knee-jerk any surprise :p.

My placements are not easy, and many things I read regarding them often are negative, or so deep that most would just collapse under their own weight. I've made it into my own though and work very well with it, so it's more that I just get annoyed (well, not really. Just can't think of a better word for it) when stuff is written out as doom-gloom void of happiness and light.

Munch

I hear you loud and clear!

It's literally all about perspective.

Though, I'd add that actually having a PLEASANT surprise would be lovely right about now. I am actually having a hard time at the moment. Kinda like I want to throw my hands up and scream, 'Fine! I'm a victim!'

It's not happening because I just couldn't fully live with myself if it did, but still. I am so at my ropes end. I don't think I can take much more. I have limits and if I get nudged even the slightest bit at the moment, I just don't know............

The last six years have been exhausting and there just doesn't seem to be an end in sight until around 2015.

*sorta laughs and crumbles into a ball of hysterics*

It would probably be an appropriate time to call the nice men in the white suits....

Last edited:

Vanessa_trine

Need your help to copy paste my combination please, sun in scorpio moon in scorpio.

Everytime i change the combination i get directed to sun in scorpio moon in leo.

But yeah, seems accurate for others.

piercethevale

I'm not so impressed.
The best source I know of for Sun ~ Moon combos is the, somewhat old, book, "Heaven Knows What" by Grant Lewi.
It was one of the most popular books on astrology a couple of generations ago.
The author was a most mysterious man. He was said to be an everyday sort of fellow with a great sense of humor on some days and on others said to be something of a mystic possessing strange intuitive powers and access to occult knowledge. He was an individualist, belonging to no known cults or organizations.
He was an opponent of Atomic weaponry. He never carried life insurance, that is, until shortly before his death...and then even his bank loans were covered by insurance. He refused to make appointments for the month following his death and then joked with people about that, saying; "I'll see you then if I'm still here."
He taught English at Dartmouth, edited "Horoscope" magazine and brought it to the largest circulation of any other publication in astrology.
He originally published the book under the pen name of, "Scorpio".
Born 1902 and died in 1952.

Compare what He wrote about a Leo Sun - Gemini Moon [Obama] to that of your link...I think you'll agree... Lewi had it DOWN!

"You are a man of both action and ideas. Both rationalistic and sentimental, emotional and vigorous, you eventually get your mind and your physical energies working in unison and go far.

Emotional flexibility hampers your progress at the beginning of your life. You cast about for an anchor in books, in thought, in ideology of some sort and if you don't find it, you'll fall back on your strong emotions. A sort of wanderlust obsesses you always -- you want more worlds to conquer, either in actuality or in ideas.

You love to impress yourself, and your thoughts, on people and whether you do it through the written or spoken word, or in politics or public life, you become an influence on your group. Your mind is facile, intuitive, glib rather than profound, facile rather than scientific; but in some way or other you manage to find the appeal that will win the public, and make it very persuasively. Thus you are a successful writer, journalist, editorial writer, or public speaker and through any of these mediums you may work yourself into a position of influence. Your ideas, while not based in deep philosophy, have a certain plausibility about them, and your manner of expression is persuasive.

You will rarely be found working hard for a living, for you believe in easy money, and seem to know how to get it; you are capable of exerting physical energy, but you'd rather not.

You are romantic and not especially constant in love. This position tends to produce two marriages and a whole lot of romance outside of marriage.
You are good company, able to smile when you don't want to, and always putting on a good front. You believe those that have, get; and you put your best foot forward even when the other one is halfway inside of the poorhouse. Some of the finest bluffs in history have been pulled off with people in this configuration, who seem to be at their best when swimming against the tide or recuperating from one of the blows of fortune which their dashing natures seem to attract.

There is something of the bad child about you all your life, with an impish delight in saying the dramatic, the unexpected, and the perverse. On the other hand, you're capable of doing a complete about face, and when you do, no one [not even the person you have offended worst] can resist your charm and plausibility."

Last edited:

theV

I'm not so impressed.
The best source I know of for Sun ~ Moon combos is the, somewhat old, book, "Heaven Knows What" by Grant Lewi.
It was one of the most popular books on astrology a couple of generations ago.
The author was a most mysterious man. He was said to be an everyday sort of fellow with a great sense of humor on some days and on others said to be something of a mystic possessing strange intuitive powers and access to occult knowledge. He was an individualist, belonging to no known cults or organizations.
He was an opponent of Atomic weaponry. He never carried life insurance, that is, until shortly before his death...and then even his bank loans were covered by insurance. He refused to make appointments for the month following his death and then joked with people about that, saying; "I'll see you then if I'm still here."
He taught English at Dartmouth, edited "Horoscope" magazine and brought it to the largest circulation of any other publication in astrology.
He originally published the book under the pen name of, "Scorpio".
Born 1902 and died in 1952.

Compare what He wrote about a Leo Sun - Gemini Moon [Obama] to that of your link...I think you'll agree... Lewi had it DOWN!

"You are a man of both action and ideas. Both rationalistic and sentimental, emotional and vigorous, you eventually get your mind and your physical energies working in unison and go far.

Emotional flexibility hampers your progress at the beginning of your life. You cast about for an anchor in books, in thought, in ideology of some sort and if you don't find it, you'll fall back on your strong emotions. A sort of wanderlust obsesses you always -- you want more worlds to conquer, either in actuality or in ideas.

You love to impress yourself, and your thoughts, on people and whether you do it through the written or spoken word, or in politics or public life, you become an influence on your group. Your mind is facile, intuitive, glib rather than profound, facile rather than scientific; but in some way or other you manage to find the appeal that will win the public, and make it very persuasively. Thus you are a successful writer, journalist, editorial writer, or public speaker and through any of these mediums you may work yourself into a position of influence. Your ideas, while not based in deep philosophy, have a certain plausibility about them, and your manner of expression is persuasive.

You will rarely be found working hard for a living, for you believe in easy money, and seem to know how to get it; you are capable of exerting physical energy, but you'd rather not.

You are romantic and not especially constant in love. This position tends to produce two marriages and a whole lot of romance outside of marriage.
You are good company, able to smile when you don't want to, and always putting on a good front. You believe those that have, get; and you put your best foot forward even when the other one is halfway inside of the poorhouse. Some of the finest bluffs in history have been pulled off with people in this configuration, who seem to be at their best when swimming against the tide or recuperating from one of the blows of fortune which their dashing natures seem to attract.

There is something of the bad child about you all your life, with an impish delight in saying the dramatic, the unexpected, and the perverse. On the other hand, you're capable of doing a complete about face, and when you do, no one [not even the person you have offended worst] can resist your charm and plausibility."

What can you tell me about the virgo sagi combo

piercethevale

I don't want to push my luck here with the mods by posting anymore from the book.
Used book stores used to be well stocked with "Heaven Knows What".
If you have an URGENT need to know... p.m. me your e-mail address and I'll take care of ya...:wink:

ps... as the Sun-Moon descriptions also have adjoining commentaries depending on other aspects...you might want to send me your natal chart...preferably one from astrodienst.

Last edited:

Vanessa_trine

I don't want to push my luck here with the mods by posting anymore from the book.
Used book stores used to be well stocked with "Heaven Knows What".
If you have an URGENT need to know... p.m. me your e-mail address and I'll take care of ya...:wink:

ps... as the Sun-Moon descriptions also have adjoining commentaries depending on other aspects...you might want to send me your natal chart...preferably one from astrodienst.

Hello Pierce,

Tried to Pm you but failed with message saying you can't accept new PMs as the inbox is full and you cant receive new ones until you clear up some old ones?

!4C

Some of these are funny when I think of what the people possessing the combos would think of them.

As usual, mine is lame and better suited for Miss Universe. scorpio-cancer "Attractive Radiance"

One interesting truth that I wish everyone could understand...
You require only yourself for comfort and will do your best to maintain a discerning distance from other people no matter how many want your friendship.
I hate smothering friendships. I think I'm sensitive to other people's BS. On the other hand, I love meeting new people and being spontaneous.

piercethevale

Hello Pierce,

Tried to Pm you but failed with message saying you can't accept new PMs as the inbox is full and you cant receive new ones until you clear up some old ones?

Precisely.
I can't keep up with correspondence as it is. When I announce I'll help someone ...such as TheV, above, I clear one space... and it was already snatched by someone else this morning.

I'll clear another for you...anyone else please post in the thread or on one of the threads I started and I'll see what i can do...but please note, I've demonstrated every technique I utilize in this forum. You will have to search around the various sub forums for that. I do chart axis analysis with a heavy emphasis on Arabic and modern Parts interpreted symbolically, and matrices both complete and incomplete. The rest of my tools are primarily Rudhyarian as to aspects in general and of course the Sabian analysis and the set of descriptions and interpretations/definitions are totally Rudhyarian.
Thanxs for your interest and support.
ptv

ps
For how to understand the different types of aspects I use Rudhyar and Rael's ''Astrological Aspects"
For the understanding/definition of specific aspects I use Sakoian and Acker's Handbook
For Sun Moon combination personality analysis I use Gran Lewi's book "Heaven Knows What" [not sure if it is still in print]
For synastry I use Sakoin and Acker's work on that, although I do add...
For Romantic/Sexual synastry understandings I use Ursula Lewis' Handbook [which is out of print] to supplement [she puts it so succinctly]
For all Sabian interpretation astrology [chart axis, Arabic and Modern Parts, Planetary and Luminaries as a supplement to Sakoian and Acker] I use Dane Rudhyar's book "An Astrological Mandala" and supplement it with Lynda Hill's book on the Sabians ,"The Sabian Oracle" for those few of Sabian Symbol description and definitions of Danes that are a bit vague or if I have trouble applying his interpretation to what may be. But to those new to the Sabian I recommend getting to know Rudhyar very thoroughly first.

DANE ROCKS!

Attachments

• rudhyar.jpg
    rudhyar.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

piercethevale

Hello Pierce,

Hi Vanessa, yes, I received your message and have emailed you that which you requested.
Let us know what you think of the description...that is ...does it fit?
How does it compare to what is being offered online?
Give it a rating if you would.
Appreciatively, ptr

piercethevale

Well, as you might have tried to pm me and wasn't able too. I'll risk writing another Sun Moon combo from Grant Lewi's book. As we are using it here for educational purposes and all the more so in educating ourselves as to what text book is the best for the education itself.

Sun in Virgo Moon in Sagittarius

"There is a wide cleavage between your intellectual and your emotional natures; you are capable of doing things you disapprove of, under the spell of adventure, romance, excitement.

You are a loyal, honorable, warmhearted, and reasonable person. But you have difficulty in getting your ideas across, and a feeling that you are misunderstood arises, perhaps you don't understand yourself well enough to make yourself clear. You tend to think in large symbols that don't bear much relationship with your everyday life, and to idealize what are really very worldly matters. You are philosophic and some what introspective, but instead of looking inside yourself to find what is there, you look inside with a preconceived notion of what you ought to find or would like to find.

Your are sentimental rather than romantic; you fall in love with ideas, or with an ideal of love, rather than with an individual; and you tend to be baffled, frustrated, and to feel yourself cheated when the Beloved Object fails to live up to your ideal. You can daydream your life away, or you can take your ideals and your philosophies and combine them with your practical analytical nature to produce something creatively. You can be a fair business person when you have overcome a tendency to be too philosophic and idealistic, and have learned to make your vision practical in terms of the earth as you find it.

Intellectually, you are interested in broad general subjects~religion, philosophy, poetry, music, perhaps metaphysics~and you are capable of tracking a subject to its lair and making it completely yours. You have both imagination and patience, invaluable gifts for either the student or the artist.

You love travel, and if you get lots of it, it will absorb your restlessness and enable you to pin yourself down to some important artistic or intellectual task.

In business you will be better on the book, managerial or fiscal side, than in buying, selling or executive work.

With Moon conj. Mars, Moon conj. Jupiter, Sun conj. Mars or Sun conj. Jupiter luck in life is increased: with Moon square Saturn, concentrative powers great; with Moon square Neptune confused idealisms; with Moon conj. Uranus and Sun square Uranus, erratic emotional life. With Sun square Neptune, sensationalist; with Sun trine Mars or Jupiter or Saturn or Neptune [singularly or in combination of multiples] a strong practical bent is indicated, and the business instinct is good; with Sun conj. Uranus and Sun trine Neptune, an occultist, very quick mind, emotional and nerve difficulties. The nerves need strict attention, in any case, and especially if with Moon conj. Uranus, Moon square Uranus, Moon square Neptune, Sun conj. Uranus, Sun square Uranus, Sun square Neptune, Moon square Mars, Moon square Saturn, Sun conj. Mars, Sun square Mars, Mars square Saturn or Mars conj. Uranus."

The used book stores used to be well stocked with Lewi's book, I know it went through numerous printings prior to Grant's death in 1952. If you can't find a copy in a used book store...I would recommend putting an ad out for a copy....such as on 'Craigslist' or look on E-bay... I figure that most of the old fogeys of the 2nd generation have them all in their possession...and we are starting to drop...thinning the ranks... so to speak. I figure there will be a glut of them on the used book shelves once again. I do highly recommend using his book for understanding the Sun Moon personality types.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Grant Lewi, in his book, "Heaven Knows What" makes reference to aspects by an assigned number as He apparently thought this system would be far easier for the amateur to use. What He did produce is a system that is absolutely maddening to the professional and more than casual astrologer.
I wrote out a conversion sheet that makes Grant's system readily usable. I have made a photo copy of it...it is taken with a 14.1 megapixel, Kodak, Easy Share camera [a wonderful little camera...too bad Kodak went bankrupt this past year] so the picture blows up beautifully.
The problem is this website doesn't seem to want to handle it...if anyone would like a copy of it let me know and I'll e-mail it to you...maybe one of you might know of a better way to post it here at aw for all to use.
ptv

JUPITERASC

Grant Lewi, in his book, "Heaven Knows What" makes reference to aspects by an assigned number as He apparently thought this system would be far easier for the amateur to use. What He did produce is a system that is absolutely maddening to the professional and more than casual astrologer.
I wrote out a conversion sheet that makes Grant's system readily usable. I have made a photo copy of it...it is taken with a 14.1 megapixel, Kodak, Easy Share camera [a wonderful little camera...too bad Kodak went bankrupt this past year] so the picture blows up beautifully.
The problem is this website doesn't seem to want to handle it...if anyone would like a copy of it let me know and I'll e-mail it to you...maybe one of you might know of a better way to post it here at aw for all to use.

ptv
If you email it to me via this forum I shall check if there is a way to post it for all to use :smile:

piercethevale

Well, I thank you JUPITERASC, that is mighty kind of you.
I do want to mention that it is done by hand and my penmanship isn't the best but like I said, blown up it is readily legible and saves a ton of time and frustration.
I also would like to warn some of the members that, I only discovered this morning, whilst e-mailing member I'mnotthere their Sun Moon synopsis, I discovered that Grant Lewi had a bit of racial prejudice, apparently.
As this following excerpt from the description of Pisces Sun - Aquarius Moon will prove.
"Try to believe that other people know what they are about even if their methods and beliefs are different from yours - even the heathen Chinee."
But remember that Grant was born at the turn of the 20th century...the Wild West was still a bit untamed and some of the heathen Native Americans were still roaming free and 'wild' here in the States [I'm part Native American...so I can say that, thank you.]. It doesn't make Him a 'Bad Astrologer'...if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

piercethevale

If you email it to me via this forum I shall check if there is a way to post it for all to use :smile:

There's no way I can use the forum e-mail system as it doesn't provide the attachment means. If you send me your e-mail address to piercethevale@yahoo.com I'll send the list.
Thanks, ptv

ps...be sure to put something identifying you in the subject field as I get a ton of spam at that address. I use it for these very kind of correspondences...and it has been well taken advantage of over the years....ifyaknowaddimean?

JUPITERASC

There's no way I can use the forum e-mail system as it doesn't provide the attachment means. If you send me your e-mail address to piercethevale@yahoo.com I'll send the list.
Thanks, ptv

ps...be sure to put something identifying you in the subject field as I get a ton of spam at that address. I use it for these very kind of correspondences...and it has been well taken advantage of over the years....ifyaknowaddimean?
I just realised there is a 100 word limit on posting any quoted information on this forum - so is the info more than 100 words? :smile: