Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 04-21-2021, 01:19 AM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,902
Composite chart v synastry

Hello. I am just wondering which you prefer using, composite chart or synastry comparison, when trying to decide whether two people will work out, in terms of romance.

Personally, I find that composite chart carries more weight than straight synastry comparison. There is this guy that I have been talking to for over a year, and we have a lot of heavy-weight contacts between our charts: His moon conjunct both my Saturn and descendant, and his mars conjuncts my ascendant. We have Sun-Pluto double whammy, where his pluto squares my sun and my pluto also squares his sun. His saturn conjuncts my moon. However, I am just not attracted to him in any romantic way, and when I drew up our composite, I saw that most of the planets fell in the 3rd house, a cadent and very "unromantic" house.

The synastry between me and my ex-manager (lol yes, we are still talking despite the fact I quit on him) is quite bad, his Moon is in my 12th, my Venus, mercury, Sun and jupiter in his 12th. Our Moons square very closely. My mars square his venus. However, I feel this insane attraction for him, and when I drew up our composite, lo and behold, we had a packed 4th house that included, among other things, the Sun and the chart ruler. The composite sun also trines the moon very closely.

The previous guy I liked had an even sh*ttier synastry with me, however I was absolutely head over heels for him, and we had a grand trine in our composite.

And it is because of these experiences that I personally have had, that I reach the conclusion that composite chart prevails over synastry, and I don't seem to be alone in thinking this. I have read a few articles online where the author felt similarly. Anyway I would like to learn what other members here think, what their personal experiences have been. Thanks.


Last edited by wan; 04-22-2021 at 01:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 04-21-2021, 01:26 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,714
Re: Composite chart v synastry

What is the basis of a "composite chart" for working?

The synastry is a side by side comparison, so you can always extract info from the respective charts and compare.

But there is no reason why a composite chart would work.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 04-21-2021, 01:32 AM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,902
Re: Composite chart v synastry

Interesting perspective.

If you ask me, I don't know why composite charts work, I just know that they somehow do. At least for me, anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 04-21-2021, 01:44 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,201
Re: Composite chart v synastry

I wouldn't use either for that purpose. If you have to ask, it's too soon to bring astrology into it.

I only do relationship astrology for established relationships. If it's just a crush, that's not a relationship. If it's two people who recently started seeing each other, they should be getting to know each other, not reading the map to each other... especially when it's a very roughly drawn map that lends itself to multiple possible interpretations, not all of which will be correct.

Experience in the relationship is what tells you if you're compatible. All astrology does is bear that out. Astrology might be useful later in the relationship. If it hits a snag, patterns in the synastry usually shed some light on it. But consulting astrology too soon takes your attention away from relating to the other person and gives you preconceived notions. That's not helpful at all.

Synastry shows the dynamics in the relationship. I would use it to explore how the individuals involved are actually experiencing it. What composite charts show is the relationship itself as an entity. Transits to the composite may reflect important turning points in the relationship, and decision making times. Those will be the times when the couple decide to, say, move in together, or get married, or break up, although the transits in and of themselves do not determine what the decision is, just trigger the decision making process.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 04-21-2021, 01:55 AM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,902
Re: Composite chart v synastry

Good insight, osa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Experience in the relationship is what tells you if you're compatible.
So, based on your personal experience, what are some of the good ways to tell this? I need to ask because I have never been in a romantic relationship. All I know is that when I like a guy, I typically "go stupid" on him. I spend inordinate amounts of time thinking and obsessing about him. I also become very direct and forward with him. But it appears that these things don't tend to work, seeing that I have never had a bf, and all of the guys I have ever chased very rarely responded. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I figure that I can use some outside guidance and a more detached, objective pair of eyes. So educate me, please. Tell me what you do to attract a guy that you are interested in.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 04-21-2021, 02:55 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,201
Re: Composite chart v synastry

To start with, you've said yourself that you only seek guys through your job, and they're typically your supervisors. That's not the way to do it. The appropriate people to start a relationship with are usually people you don't work with and always people who aren't in your workplace chain of command.

I suck at telling guys I'm interested myself, if they don't start the conversation. The boyfriends I've had usually made the first move. Except the one time when we were fixed up by a mutual friend. That time, it was really mutual.

What's your social life like? Are there people in your social circle who you might be interested in... or who might know people they could fix you up with?

What might you do to meet guys who are your peers and not your work mates?

Do you have platonic male friends? Do those friendships ever take a romantic turn? Sometimes starting platonic and progressing to romantic works best. That way, you don't have too many expectations to start with.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 04-21-2021, 03:35 AM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,902
Re: Composite chart v synastry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
To start with, you've said yourself that you only seek guys through your job, and they're typically your supervisors. That's not the way to do it. The appropriate people to start a relationship with are usually people you don't work with and always people who aren't in your workplace chain of command.
Well, the reason I try to find romantic partners through work is because work is the only social outlet (well, sort of) for me. I don't go out at all, and I have an extremely small social circle, that consists of one friend. There are no other ways for me to meet guys organically.

Quote:
I suck at telling guys I'm interested myself, if they don't start the conversation. The boyfriends I've had usually made the first move. Except the one time when we were fixed up by a mutual friend. That time, it was really mutual.
Are you quite attractive, osa? I find that guys don't normally try to initiate conversation with me because I am not attractive.

Quote:
What's your social life like? Are there people in your social circle who you might be interested in... or who might know people they could fix you up with?
I do have one friend, however the thing is she's asian, and most of the people she knows are asian, but I like white guys.

Quote:
What might you do to meet guys who are your peers and not your work mates?

Do you have platonic male friends? Do those friendships ever take a romantic turn? Sometimes starting platonic and progressing to romantic works best. That way, you don't have too many expectations to start with.
I have zero male friends.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 04-21-2021, 04:15 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,201
Re: Composite chart v synastry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post

Are you quite attractive, osa? I find that guys don't normally try to initiate conversation with me because I am not attractive.
Perhaps some people think so. The guys I've dated certainly did. But I'm no glam model. I think it's probably as much about personality as it is about looks.

Some people have told me I'm likable. Some people, sometimes those same people, have also told me they'd hate to be on my bad side.

But I think the real thing is, I do get out (or at least, I did in non-pandemic times) and I make friends, if not necessarily romantic partners. Mostly I find friends through personal interests.

Is there anything you're interested in that could lend itself to joining a group? That might be one step.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 04-21-2021, 04:31 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,514
Re: Composite chart v synastry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Hello. I am just wondering which you prefer using, composite chart or synastry comparison, when trying to decide whether two people will work out, in terms of romance.

Personally, I find that composite chart carries more weight than straight synastry comparison. There is this guy that I have been talking to for over a year, and we have a lot of heavy-weight contacts between our charts: His moon conjunct both my Saturn and descendant, and his mars conjuncts my ascendant. We have Sun-Pluto double whammy, where his pluto squares my sun and my pluto also squares his sun. His saturn conjuncts my moon. However, I am just not attracted to him in any romantic way, and when I drew up our composite, I saw that most of the planets fell in the 3rd house, a cadent and very "unromantic" house.

The synastry between me and my ex-manager (lol yes, we are still talking despite the fact I quit on him) is quite bad, his Moon is in my 12th, my Venus, mercury, Sun and jupiter in his 12th. Our Moons square very closely. My mars square his venus. However, I feel this insane attraction for him, and when I drew up our composite, lo and behold, we had a packed 4th house that included, among other things, the Sun and the chart ruler. The composite sun also trines the moon very closely.

The previous guy I liked had even a sh*ttier synastry with me, however I was absolutely head over heels for him, and we had a grand trine in our composite.

And it is because of these experiences that I personally have had, that I reach the conclusion that composite chart prevails over synastry, and I don't seem to be alone in thinking this. I have read a few articles online where the author felt similarly. Anyway I would like to learn what other members here think, what their personal experiences have been. Thanks.
Wan, I think there is a problem with your theory.

The composite charts you speak of, that you say 'prevail' over the crummy synastry charts, are relationships that never really got off the ground.

They are examples of unsuccessful relationships because there was no relationship.

So I am not sure that you can use that same strategy when you try and compare these 2 types of relationship charts.

In my experience, Synastry comparisons tell the direct truths. Composites are based upon the synastry charts. They wouldn't even exist without the synastry data.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 04-21-2021, 04:59 AM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,902
Re: Composite chart v synastry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Is there anything you're interested in that could lend itself to joining a group? That might be one step.
I thought about joining a group from meet-up.com however covid ruined everything for me.

I do have interests, however they are all solitary in nature. Things like reading, writing, and arguing with people on internet forums.

Another thing that holds me back is that even though I like white guys, I find it incredibly difficult to tell people in real life. I feel very embarrassed by it. I sometimes wish I had more white friends, because I believe they could introduce me to single white guys. But alas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Wan, I think there is a problem with your theory.

The composite charts you speak of, that you say 'prevail' over the crummy synastry charts, are relationships that never really got off the ground.

They are examples of unsuccessful relationships because there was no relationship.

So I am not sure that you can use that same strategy when you try and compare these 2 types of relationship charts.

In my experience, Synastry comparisons tell the direct truths. Composites are based upon the synastry charts. They wouldn't even exist without the synastry data.
Katy, you brought up a very good point. I never really thought about it until you pointed out but it makes so much sense. I have been looking at charts of relationships that didn't work out. Excellent point.

Although, I must say that composite charts, even between two people that for whom there is no significant relationship, should still provide some info, simply because when two people get together, there is an energy. Together they create something. It may or may not be a significant relationship but it is still a relationship of some sort. Therefore, it should get its own chart. At least it's how I see it.

Last edited by wan; 04-21-2021 at 07:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 04-23-2021, 04:41 PM
Ephemeral Ephemeral is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Hello. I am just wondering which you prefer using, composite chart or synastry comparison, when trying to decide whether two people will work out, in terms of romance.

Personally, I find that composite chart carries more weight than straight synastry comparison. There is this guy that I have been talking to for over a year, and we have a lot of heavy-weight contacts between our charts: His moon conjunct both my Saturn and descendant, and his mars conjuncts my ascendant. We have Sun-Pluto double whammy, where his pluto squares my sun and my pluto also squares his sun. His saturn conjuncts my moon. However, I am just not attracted to him in any romantic way, and when I drew up our composite, I saw that most of the planets fell in the 3rd house, a cadent and very "unromantic" house.

The synastry between me and my ex-manager (lol yes, we are still talking despite the fact I quit on him) is quite bad, his Moon is in my 12th, my Venus, mercury, Sun and jupiter in his 12th. Our Moons square very closely. My mars square his venus. However, I feel this insane attraction for him, and when I drew up our composite, lo and behold, we had a packed 4th house that included, among other things, the Sun and the chart ruler. The composite sun also trines the moon very closely.

The previous guy I liked had an even sh*ttier synastry with me, however I was absolutely head over heels for him, and we had a grand trine in our composite.

And it is because of these experiences that I personally have had, that I reach the conclusion that composite chart prevails over synastry, and I don't seem to be alone in thinking this. I have read a few articles online where the author felt similarly. Anyway I would like to learn what other members here think, what their personal experiences have been. Thanks.
Just fyi, the 12 house also associate with unconditional love. And is also a foggy, house of confusion, it sure did affect you seeing the situation you are in now.

Relationship readings need both synastry and composite chart. Composite is the final outcome should I say. This is a simple way to put it.

Last edited by Ephemeral; 04-23-2021 at 05:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 04-23-2021, 04:54 PM
Ephemeral Ephemeral is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Good insight, osa.



So, based on your personal experience, what are some of the good ways to tell this? I need to ask because I have never been in a romantic relationship. All I know is that when I like a guy, I typically "go stupid" on him. I spend inordinate amounts of time thinking and obsessing about him. I also become very direct and forward with him. But it appears that these things don't tend to work, seeing that I have never had a bf, and all of the guys I have ever chased very rarely responded. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I figure that I can use some outside guidance and a more detached, objective pair of eyes. So educate me, please. Tell me what you do to attract a guy that you are interested in.
If you want to fish at least one man of your interest, I advise you to go on youtube and learn something about the psychology of men and what attracts them. What I see most of the time is they like what they can't have easily, just like you. So learn the art and have some self control will benefit you much.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 04-23-2021, 05:03 PM
Ephemeral Ephemeral is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 10
Re: Composite chart v synastry

You go after the 🍎 of your eye so directly and strongly, sound very Aries/1st houser. You need some Saturn 🪐 to keep you in check.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 04-23-2021, 06:23 PM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,902
Re: Composite chart v synastry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
You go after the �� of your eye so directly and strongly, sound very Aries/1st houser. You need some Saturn �� to keep you in check.
Thanks for the advice and it was all very true.

And yes, I do think that I exhibit some very Aries-like traits. I chalk this up to my Mars, which is in an angular house and is also the cutting planet of my bowl chart.

I do have a very strong Saturn though (it conjuncts the descendant almost exact). So in theory it should keep me in check but doesn't. When I see a guy I like, I almost try and rape him.

Last edited by wan; 04-23-2021 at 11:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 05-05-2021, 08:00 AM
chiamaria chiamaria is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 917
Re: Composite chart v synastry

I think that synastry may be for when you've just met a person and you want to see what initial spark there is between you two, if any. The composite is more how the relationship ends up looking when you're together or when your interaction progresses and becomes more "fused", that's why it's your chart and their chart combined with the midpoint method. It's when you unite as one in some form to create a new "personality", which is the actual relationship's personality and dynamics.

That might explain why some people get on like a house on fire in the beginning, but then when they actually get together or get to know each other more, their relationship or interaction soon dissipates, and that might be because their synastry had some excellent aspects for strong initial attraction, but their composite didn't have much going on in the way of romance. Then there is vice versa.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 05-05-2021, 02:57 PM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,902
Re: Composite chart v synastry

That certainly makes sense, Chia.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chart, composite, synastry

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.