Cancer Moon

animatedoodle

NO, it does not always have to be discomfort. Your Moon will 'mature' as you do. The Moon/Cancer is kind of like our inner child. Cap is like the inner parent.

I have heard my sister say this. And she isn't even into astrology.

Quote: "I have had to parent myself, because I was the only one I would or could listen to"

Capricorn2616

NO, it does not always have to be discomfort. Your Moon will 'mature' as you do. The Moon/Cancer is kind of like our inner child. Cap is like the inner parent. So having that opposition will always have that type of dynamic. But it does not have to always and forever create tension or discomfort. Once your emotions learn to interact/react more positively to the chidings/lectures from your Capricorn sense of what you 'should' be doing, then it can be a positive thing. The CARDINAL energies are very powerful and can create change and attain ambitious goals.
I just let out a huge sigh of relief! Thanks for letting me know there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Capricorn2616

I am a novice in Astrology, so I'm not 100% sure on what the 9th house entails, so I do not want to steer you into any path that you may not resonate with. I would read a lot about the Moon conj the MC, because thats where my sister found her DRIVE. Because of her Saturnian strenght, she was so afraid of it...afraid of responsibility, etc, because she thought it would stifle her creativity. But in fact it was her salvation, her outlet for all her emotions.

Our mother has her Moon conj the MC EXACT and in the 9th house. She has found much fulfillment as a social worker, and is not only very successful she has touched and helped so many people :)
Oh that's so interesting! I have considered social work numerous times, especially working with neglected/abused children. BUT, I did a a pediatric rotation in a hospital and my cancer moon just could not handle it! Had to give a kid a shot today? Go home and cry... Spend the day with an adorable little girl with a terminal illness...CRY! Lol sometimes the empathy goes into overdrive. I think a volunteer setting with exposure in doses might be the key. I have always gravitated toward the mental health sector, so there might be something there..

Capricorn2616

I have heard my sister say this. And she isn't even into astrology.

Quote: "I have had to parent myself, because I was the only one I would or could listen to"
This resonates with me so much, in so many different ways. She hit the nail on the head with that sentiment for sure!

animatedoodle

Oh that's so interesting!..

That is eery. Mother works in the mental health program of a large hospital, she is the senior social worker there. But you see she has Moon in Cap, so she has a harder shell.

I remember one time coming home and she was just sitting in her favorite chair. I knew something was wrong, so I asked. And she calmly told me that one of her patients had committed suicide, because noone came to visit them on Christmas Eve. I was devastated, she just sighed very very deeply and drank her tea.

:andy:

Capricorn2616

I'm on my phone, otherwise I would insert the crying emoji...that would tear me up. I have such a weakness for people who are suffering alone :( ... Did you mention what sign your moon was in, animatedoodle?

animatedoodle

I'm on my phone, otherwise I would insert the crying emoji...that would tear me up. I have such a weakness for people who are suffering alone :( ... Did you mention what sign your moon was in, animatedoodle?

Yea I did. I'm a Moon in Pisces, I'm very emphatic. I can't even begin to describe my Moon because it has given me so much, yet with an opposition from Saturn it has been very difficult too.

Can you see the link? Both me and my sister have afflictions with our Moon (mother) My sister against Jupiter in Cap, me, Saturn (ruler of Cap) in Virgo and my mother has a Moon in Cap. A history of Water Versus Earth.

Capricorn2616

Yea I did. I'm a Moon in Pisces, I'm very emphatic. I can't even begin to describe my Moon because it has given me so much, yet with an opposition from Saturn it has been very difficult too.

Can you see the link? Both me and my sister have afflictions with our Moon (mother) My sister against Jupiter in Cap, me, Saturn (ruler of Cap) in Virgo and my mother has a Moon in Cap. A history of Water Versus Earth.
For some reason I can't see the link? But with your Saturn opposition, I'm sure you can most definitely relate to my sun opposition.

What you said about water versus Earth reminded me of something I read today. If the cusps of your water houses are ruled by an element different than that of your moon sign, it can cause emotional confusion. My water houses are ruled by Earth, so I can relate in that regard as well! Water + Earth = Mud :D

Have you ever had any kind of psychic experiences with your Pisces moon? Is there somewhere your chart is posted, because your link isn't showing up for me on this thread.

winterwaltz

I seldom see Moon in Cancer in charts. Not sure why.

My son has MiC, but it's parallel to his Saturn, so comme si comme ca. Moon is in his 7th house square his Aries Sun & Venus and has the outer Cap stellium on top of it all.

When he was little? Oh dear, he was always a bundle of emotions and reactions.People doing him wrong, hurting his kind sensibilities and his polite Moony Cancer 7th dealings with other kids. When he would cry - I would hand him a cotton handkerchief and say "let it out, Boo. let it all out..." and he would cry until he was done and then he'd be better.

His Moon Cancer is exact trine to his Pluto scorpio - so there were many moments as mentioned above. Deep wells of sorrow and anger and tears where others were concerned.

Now, he's a grown up and he has, at least as much as I can objectively see, has a beautiful emotional nature of knowing that he can survive even the hardest hurts. He is always nice to people, but he has learned that they are not responsible for his emotional needs.

Saturn and Moon are brilliant together for all the right reasons.

I have this aspect too, Cancer Moon trine Scorpio Pluto. It's easy to become an emotional mess...but I think if you have the courage to face your feelings, with Pluto in Scorpio, it becomes a very strong empathic gift for yourself, and to the people around you.

animatedoodle

For some reason I can't see the link? But with your Saturn opposition, I'm sure you can most definitely relate to my sun opposition.

What you said about water versus Earth reminded me of something I read today. If the cusps of your water houses are ruled by an element different than that of your moon sign, it can cause emotional confusion. My water houses are ruled by Earth, so I can relate in that regard as well! Water + Earth = Mud :D

Have you ever had any kind of psychic experiences with your Pisces moon? Is there somewhere your chart is posted, because your link isn't showing up for me on this thread.

Haha I meant the link Capricorn makes in that three charts between my sister my mother and me. So if we take the Moon to signify the nurturing energy, we can see how my mother with her Capricorn moon tried to relate to two water babies. We wanted rain, we got desert. The Universe wanted to toughen us up, that Capricorn influence can be see in the chart of my sister, who wanted nurturing in everyday structure (6 house Moon). Our mother was absent a lot during our youth, and gave my sister way too much freedom (Jupiter in Capricorn opposition Moon in Cancer) She misinterpreted my sisters seriousness with maturity. Ah....and as for me, well who is the ruler of Capricorn? Saturn. My challenge was manifested in Saturn in Virgo, my mother gave me attention that was uber critical. When I was a child, she would ask why I would draw so much, why I would daydream so much, why I would just wonder off. That has given me so much difficulty in my self esteem (Moon in Pisces in the first house opposition Saturn in Virgo in the 7th) when all I wanted was for her to tell me she loved and accepted me, she said she did. But then five minutes later would tell me, that I wasn't doing well enough in school, that she knew I wasn't an idiot, so why was I acting like one, wearing weird clothes and not brushing my hair? Couldnt I see that everyone thought I was a space cadet? (Myself versus other people, 1st house versus the 7th)

It was very very very difficult. But I got through it, because Saturn teaches that structure, is the end game. My sister was able to figure that out...she is Saturnian is nature after all.but for me who is Venusian.....therapy therapy therapy. I do love my mum, and I'm a graphic artist now, no nyah nyah on her :D

I think I'm intuitive but I don't know about psychic....maybe. I have pretty far out dreams :D

If you wanna see my chart, or chat just let my know via PM. I don't want the mods to get mad because of a derail in convo :)

Last edited:

Capricorn2616

Haha I meant the link Capricorn makes in that three charts between my sister my mother and me. So if we take the Moon to signify the nurturing energy, we can see how my mother with her Capricorn moon tried to relate to two water babies. We wanted rain, we got desert. The Universe wanted to toughen us up, that Capricorn influence can be see in the chart of my sister, who wanted nurturing in everyday structure (6 house Moon). Our mother was absent a lot during our youth, and gave my sister way too much freedom (Jupiter in Capricorn opposition Moon in Cancer) She misinterpreted my sisters seriousness with maturity. Ah....and as for me, well who is the ruler of Capricorn? Saturn. My challenge was manifested in Saturn in Virgo, my mother gave me attention that was uber critical. When I was a child, she would ask why I would draw so much, why I would daydream so much, why I would just wonder off. That has given me so much difficulty in my self esteem (Moon in Pisces in the first house opposition Saturn in Virgo in the 7th) when all I wanted was for her to tell me she loved and accepted me, she said she did. But then five minutes later would tell me, that I wasn't doing well enough in school, that she knew I wasn't an idiot, so why was I acting like one, wearing weird clothes and not brushing my hair? Couldnt I see that everyone thought I was a space cadet? (Myself versus other people, 1st house versus the 7th)

It was very very very difficult. But I got through it, because Saturn teaches that structure, is the end game. My sister was able to figure that out...she is Saturnian is nature after all.but for me who is Venusian.....therapy therapy therapy. I do love my mum, and I'm a graphic artist now, no nyah nyah on her :D

I think I'm intuitive but I don't know about psychic....maybe. I have pretty far out dreams :D

If you wanna see my chart, or chat just let my know via PM. I don't want the mods to get mad because of a derail in convo :)
Can I just say it's so ironic this thread is happening during the new moon in Cancer..with the ascendant in Libra showing we want to establish new connections and dive into our inner emotions! Prettyyy coool guys.. lol okay I'm done.

Oohhhhh! Totally just face palmed over that misunderstanding, but yeah if you want to pm me your chart I'd like to have a look. Your cap mom sounds like my dad. Why does Saturn always want to eat his children!? I'm glad you made it out alive and it sounds like you're doing great! I bet with your Venusian qualities you make a superb graphic artist!

My dreams are the main think I notice too. They're always super realistic and life like ... I'm about to pm you since this convo is getting a little off topic lol.

david starling

This is my solar-return Moon until next Spring (late Pisces Sun). My Natal Moon is in Aquarius, which carries the Water without absorbing it. I'm experiencing more emotionality in my interactions, and finding that disconcerting. Also, psychic phenomena, which I normally ward off as a matter of course, are becoming too intense. Other than that, when I'm in my own, private space, I'm finding it quite enjoyable.:happy:

katydid

As a Mom, with her Moon in Cap in the 8th, I feel the burden of defending your Mom with her Capricorn Moon. :sideways:

If in fact, you were daydreaming a lot, just wandering off, acting like a space cadet, then you NEEDED a Cap Moon to help keep you safe. It may not have felt all warm and squishy for you all of the time, but I know she felt like a Mama Bear, in trying to love and protect you, even from your self.

If you were not living up to your potential in school, Cap Moon is going to be concerned. And that is a good thing. It might not have felt lovely at the time, but Capricorn lays down the law. And as a child grows and matures, they usually understand their Cap Moon parent a little better. Maybe she felt that your drawing was not as important as your math or English homework at the time, and you drew as an escape, but needed to get your work done?

I was absolutely hard on my kids in some ways. But I was 100% loyal and committed to them. I was a bit controlling but had their best interests in mind at all times. And as young adults, they are healthy, happy, productive and self reliant.

I remember when my Gemini/Aquarius daughter used to complain heatedly about me REQUIRING her to text me throughout her evenings out as a teen. Every time they 'changed locations' I wanted to know about it. No big deal---just text--'going to the beach w/Jana and Ry' OR' going to In n Out with Josh' -------She used to be so upset that she was the only one that had to keep her Mom updated....

Years later she has thanked me many times. She says that NOW she realizes that I was the only mom who gave a chit about where their kid was in the middle of the night.She now recognizes it was LOVE that fueled my invasiveness. I gave her freedom, in the sense that she could go out and run around and do stuff, but I wanted to know where to start looking if she didn't come back at curfew...:kissing:

I like how you say " I do love my mum, and I'm a graphic artist now, no nyah nyah on her" :D

But maybe you are a graphic artist now BECAUSE of her. Maybe, if she didn't force you to stay in school, do well, and be conscientious about your work and studies, and to comb your hair and write Thank You notes, and answer your emails, you wouldn't have the solid career you now enjoy. :wink:

Last edited:

animatedoodle

As a Mom, with her Moon in Cap in the 8th, I feel the burden of defending your Mom with her Capricorn Moon...

I've made peace with Mum, it wasn't easy raising two daughters on her own. She was tough and she had a tough time with me. The Capricorn energy is also struggling with the emotional demands that Cancer and Pisces demands.

You are 100% correct, Capricorn demand structure, goals, direction. You can be as emotional as you want, just stand on your own two feet for petesake. Back straight when you cry. And what have you done to better your situation?
No one is going to help you if you don't start by helping yourself first. Admit your part in this problem, take responsibility.

Jesus, it felt like hell being treated like that so young. I had no idea why I was being yelled at when all I wanted was a kiss and hug, and comfort. She totally did that too, which I keep reminding my sister whenever she goes on her Mother Rants. She agrees, of course. That's what water signs need to remember when facing Earth. A solid reminder that you are not alone in this earth, so no victimisation please.

You cannot receive feeling 24/7, you need reality. Stop indulging in your misery and feelings, do something. Anything! Once you figure that out, life becomes so clear. And emotions stop becoming such a burden. I mistepped a lot, with Neptune in the 10th house, I'm wayward and a bit crazy. But she was always there, to push me to materialise, and when I figured how to do that on my own, she took a massive step back. Her job was done.

Like I said, my mother may have been critical of me when I was young, but my paitings and drawings are all over her house. She may still worry a lot about me, but she loves me. And she's happy that I've done something with my life, it's like her toughness did some good. I think I would've been a blown out alcoholic drug addled mess if I didn't get toughening up from such a young age. In my darkest times I went there, but I never toppled over because of that exposure of toughness and self preservation.

My mother would always say "play the game, don't let the game play you" if that's not a Cappy sentIment I don't know what is. Although there such a weird thing to say to a 9 year old....hahah

But yes your kids are lucky, you taught them self reliance.
And isn't that what Earth wants Water to do?

Find a home in me. Watch how your energy makes me grow. Don't just waste away down a gutter, materialise! Materialise!

AppLeo

All the Cancer Moons I know feel their emotions too much. Meditation is really good because it helps regulate the emotional ups and downs.

Sorry, that's all I got. :unsure:

david starling

All Virgo Moon's analyze their emotions. That's why they are robots with unwanted nervous tension.

Pisces Moons would believe in how they feel then. I'm Aquarius Moon and always need to know how I feel. Gemini Moons would enjoy just thinking about how they feel. And so on.