Saturn opposite Jupiter (Natal)

virgo18

I was born with Sag Rising and a Cardinal T-Square.... and I have Jupiter in Cancer in the 8th Opposing Saturn in Cap in the 2nd. This is the opposition of my T-Square which Apex is Mercury in Libra.

That Opposition of Saturn-Jupiter is the responsible for all my problems perhaps, and I tend to gravitate towards Jupiter in Cancer more than Saturn because Jupiter is the most benevolent of the 2 and it rules my chart.
As Jupiter is in the 8th: I am obsessed to search for the darkest side of everything, use to being lazy, and wait for someone else to take care of my self (economically) 8th, and (emotionally) 2nd! That's a mistake of mine!
I am sure that to solve this that I have to work more in the 2nd house to free some of the tension of the T-square which affects my relationships in general and career purpose. Self respect and having a schedule, saving money and making it of my own.... will that be the outlet?

jupiterianguru

I was born with Sag Rising and a Cardinal T-Square.... and I have Jupiter in Cancer in the 8th Opposing Saturn in Cap in the 2nd. This is the opposition of my T-Square which Apex is Mercury in Libra.

As Jupiter is in the 8th: I am obsessed to search for the darkest side of everything, use to being lazy, and wait for someone else to take care of my self (economically) 8th, and (emotionally) 2nd! That's a mistake of mine!

?

Well none of that is bad I don't think I have 3 planets in the 8th house and 1 in the 9th house Scorpio. So I am kind of the same way. You should think about a commune type situation somewhere maybe that will help you. Sadly I wish I knew of a place like that but I don't lol I think that is 8th house energy what you just said. I don't think self respect should be based on worldly accomplishments more spiritual accomplishments and helping people with no agenda at all (famous 8th house saying lol always concerned if someone has an agenda) problem is most everyone else does have an Agenda and I have been so taken advantage of by this but I don't want to give up. Face it also dark themes and artwork and music are more interesting but you have to add in the happy go lucky light side to things and make it appear dark. Like lol I do good in the name of evil just for the fun of it. Help a homeless person in the name of being on the dark side.

However yeah unfortunately money is something you need. So I guess just slave along at something you hate probably or go to School that is my problem at least I can't think of anything in todays world id want to do that doesn't deal with creativity and spirituality or artwork and im not qualified for those jobs yet anyways cause I haven't got the attention of anyone at least somewhat important involved in it thats the only way id really make enough money to survive (and maybe even more than I need) doing that kind of thing.

I am still getting ready to write a book I think on philosophy maybe I can make some money there well if we even have a year or two before the whole economic system and social system collapses that is my concern.

Well id at least like to have money to go to the Mountains in Tennessee and ride it out in a bunker like place that is my thought I chose that place cause I went there on vacation once it was like 40 miles between any sign of civilization and almost no people so it seemed safe if everything went to hell.

Last edited:

virgo18

Hi Virgo18. Could you post your chart, please?

Hi Miquar.

Here is it!

I just want to know how can I balance my Saturn-Jupiter opposition.
I guess I have to gravitate more towards Saturn side because it receives Mercury (apex)? Saturn in a positive way.

Last edited:

Krewster

Not sure why you got more juice from astro-labelling your mentioned behavior/experiences as being attributable mostly to the captioned oppo (since Nept also lies there with almost equally-tight orbs and can be dark-ish).

Anyway, just as your Merc's "red" triangulation of the oppo might complicate, the following other triangulations by your planets to that oppo can provide clues to the answer(s) to your quandry:

-your Ven (60 and 120);
-your Sun (bi-septile and semi-septile);
-your Mars bi-novile and semi-novile).

These suggest to me that your mentioned issues are mostly Merc-based with solutions in the Ven and Mars areas of life.

virgo18

Not sure why you got more juice from astro-labelling your mentioned behavior/experiences as being attributable mostly to the captioned oppo (since Nept also lies there with almost equally-tight orbs and can be dark-ish).

Anyway, just as your Merc's "red" triangulation of the oppo might complicate, the following other triangulations by your planets to that oppo can provide clues to the answer(s) to your quandry:

-your Ven (60 and 120);
-your Sun (bi-septile and semi-septile);
-your Mars bi-novile and semi-novile).

These suggest to me that your mentioned issues are mostly Merc-based with solutions in the Ven and Mars areas of life.

Well I am concerned more in the Sat-Jup opp because I really struggle with self worth issues a lot. Yeah the Neptune-Jup one is also hard, it confuses me and I cannot get clear how to understand real values from the (2nd).

Venus sextile Saturn, and Moon trine Jupiter seem to be the clue, but I don't know how to put the in work. That's why I am searching for advice.

Mars will suggest to do some physical exercise perhaps.

miquar

Hi. I think the issues you mention have more to do with other placements in the chart.

Sun and Moon in earth signs with a hard aspect between them. Moon in Taurus opposite Venus conjunct Pluto in Scorpio. Sun and Mars in self-scrutinising Virgo, but challenged to fulfil some ideal by the square from Uranus.

Virgo's ruler is at the apex of the tight t square, and so this may bring an urgent need to come up with some well-defined (Saturn) and yet expansive (Jupiter and Neptune) understanding that will help you to press on with the process of becoming yourself (Sun and Mars).

As has been noted above, you can't separate Saturn from Neptune when looking at the Jupiter Saturn opposition. Jupiter and Neptune are allies, especially with Jupiter in a water sign and house. There is a strong earth water emphasis in the chart which suggests that clues to your growth can be found by looking at where you seek support. Water feels supported by that which brings a sense of unity with something other. Earth feels supported by that which helps the individual to cope with the practical requirements of life.

Having noted the sources of support you rely on (or hanker after), you can look at how healthy your relationship is to each one.

Having Saturn and Neptune in the 2nd house suggests that the experience of being a person who has talents and resources are coloured by a need to fulfil obligations to others. As you say, Jupiter in the 8th will happily embrace the resources of others, though Chiron will bring control issues due to fear of things going wrong, and the ruler, Moon in Taurus, will feel also feel more comfortable when in control, especially since it opposes Venus conjunct Pluto in Scorpio.

I think this brings us again to the question of where you seek support and whether this is habitual and restrictive. Ultimately, as a predominantly earthy person, you need to develop your capabilities. Your confidence will gradually increase as you go along. Your feelings will try to block you, but if you hang in there, excessively self-protective instincts will give way to instinctual wisdom.

virgo18

Hi. I think the issues you mention have more to do with other placements in the chart.

Sun and Moon in earth signs with a hard aspect between them. Moon in Taurus opposite Venus conjunct Pluto in Scorpio. Sun and Mars in self-scrutinising Virgo, but challenged to fulfil some ideal by the square from Uranus.

Virgo's ruler is at the apex of the tight t square, and so this may bring an urgent need to come up with some well-defined (Saturn) and yet expansive (Jupiter and Neptune) understanding that will help you to press on with the process of becoming yourself (Sun and Mars).

As has been noted above, you can't separate Saturn from Neptune when looking at the Jupiter Saturn opposition. Jupiter and Neptune are allies, especially with Jupiter in a water sign and house. There is a strong earth water emphasis in the chart which suggests that clues to your growth can be found by looking at where you seek support. Water feels supported by that which brings a sense of unity with something other. Earth feels supported by that which helps the individual to cope with the practical requirements of life.

Having noted the sources of support you rely on (or hanker after), you can look at how healthy your relationship is to each one.

Having Saturn and Neptune in the 2nd house suggests that the experience of being a person who has talents and resources are coloured by a need to fulfil obligations to others. As you say, Jupiter in the 8th will happily embrace the resources of others, though Chiron will bring control issues due to fear of things going wrong, and the ruler, Moon in Taurus, will feel also feel more comfortable when in control, especially since it opposes Venus conjunct Pluto in Scorpio.

I think this brings us again to the question of where you seek support and whether this is habitual and restrictive. Ultimately, as a predominantly earthy person, you need to develop your capabilities. Your confidence will gradually increase as you go along. Your feelings will try to block you, but if you hang in there, excessively self-protective instincts will give way to instinctual wisdom.

Thank you

I didn't realized that my issues came from my moon and sun hard aspects. What I understood from what you said was that I have to find a positive balance between Saturn and Jupiter, and that my creativity needs to be somewhat useful for other people in my life.

I have strong emotions and somewhat they block me to start new things because of fear. I tend to gravitate towards a comfort-zone. So I have to be more realist and do not let my self be rushed by my feelings in order to succeed.

miquar

Hi. We all have to find a positive balance between Jupiter and Saturn, because they represent polar opposite ways of integrating into the greater wholes of which we are part. Where there is a hard aspect between them, this need becomes more urgent.

With Sun, Mars and Jupiter in earth and water signs, and with a very strong bias towards these elements in general, you'll need to be patient when it comes to pursuing your desires and aspirations, as you know. You need to stay in touch with your fears. But its also important to take some risks in order to succeed, or else these fears can never be challenged and changed. Ultimately, you don't need to fear anything - your earthy and watery nature is essentially a type of wisdom rather than an alarm system. It only seems like the latter to the extent that you are closely identified with your sense of being a separate individual.

The sesquiquadrate between the Sun and Moon is essentially a very productive aspect. But it can bring a sense of inner tension initially. Considering the position of the Sun/Moon midpoint as well, we can identify 16 sensitive points around the chart from which this aspect will be triggered. Four of these points are the hard major aspects to the Sun (around 26 degrees of mutable signs) and four are the hard major aspects to the Moon (around 11 degrees of fixed signs). The other 8 (which may not be as significant) are the points midway between these points, and may only be noticeable when close to exact: around 18*37' of cardinal signs and around 03*37' of mutable signs. Its worth watching transits to all of these points by Saturn and the outer planets. Perhaps Jupiter also.

Transiting Saturn is now approaching the early mutable one, while transiting Uranus is approaching the cardinal one. (remember to expect smaller orbs for noticeable transits to these points). Transiting Jupiter will soon square your Moon.