Will I have kids?

conspiracy theorist

I barely look at horary but one thing I gather from the chart is that this has you very concerned. malefics on the ascendant, Moon in via combusta and L1 in detriment all show that at the very least this is giving you some pause.

The good news based on the chart is that Jupiter is about to leave it's detriment so your situation should improve.

astrobunny

I barely look at horary but one thing I gather from the chart is that this has you very concerned. malefics on the ascendant, Moon in via combusta and L1 in detriment all show that at the very least this is giving you some pause.

The good news based on the chart is that Jupiter is about to leave it's detriment so your situation should improve.

What's via combusta and how do you determine it? I'm familiar with combust planets, but not that.

tikana

moon is void
no direct aspect between you and L5

mars is about to square sun - male sperm issues problems.

saturn on asce - delays

jupiter is about to change signs from barren to semi fertile.

due to the lack of ascpects i have to say Not for now
Will it change? i have no idea.

astrobunny

moon is void
no direct aspect between you and L5

mars is about to square sun - male sperm issues problems.

saturn on asce - delays

jupiter is about to change signs from barren to semi fertile.

due to the lack of ascpects i have to say Not for now
Will it change? i have no idea.

just saw you posted this. Thank you Tikana!

tikana

Oh I wasn't familiar with that terminology at all.

I just checked Lilly and he said via combusta moons make a chart unsafe to judge.

Has anyone encountered via combusta moons in horary charts before?

via combusta is not good for pregnancy charts
you can read it but you have to pay attention to everything.

sabumnim

Banned
Could Mars in Sagittarius mean pregnancy with in-vitro or just outside of wedlock?

Good question. My response is that, the in vitro fertilization route is the only option for you, horary wise, as radix Mars makes only two aspects. Sun square Mars and Mars trine Uranus.

Sun square Mars indicates difficulties in a) finding an appropriate man, and then b) having such a person make you pregnant, through conventional intercourse. (as Mars rules both the radix 5th house of lovemaking and out of wedlock situations?)

However, since r. Mars trines Uranus, the planet of scientific laboratories and test-tube technology, then, a pregnancy via test tube is feasible.

But, I also did originally ask you, are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is ? The I.V. process is alas, very expensive !

good luck to you, Ms.

S.

Last edited:

astrobunny

Good question. My response is that, the in vitro fertilization route is the only option for you, horary wise, as radix Mars makes only two aspects. Sun square Mars and Mars trine Uranus.

Sun square Mars indicates difficulties in a) finding an appropriate man, and then b) having such a person make you pregnant, through conventional intercourse. (as Mars rules both the radix 5th house of lovemaking and out of wedlock situations?)

However, since r. Mars trines Uranus, the planet of scientific laboratories and test-tube technology, then, a pregnancy via test tube is feasible.

But, I also did originally ask you, are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is ? The I.V. process is alas, very expensive !

good luck to you, Ms.

S.

Thank you! That's interesting, and I wouldn't throw it out as an option even though it's expensive.

rafaella

Moon is not void and sextiles the ruler of the 5th. Ruler of the 5th is also in my first house, so that is in strong support that I will have a kid before I die, right?

I'm not seeing a kid in this horary, Moon void, Saturn on ASC, Jup barren and no aspect with the 5th ruler. But your natal chart doesn't look that bad, yes you've got a debilitated Mars in 5th in Cancer and Saturn rx on asc, but all fertile signs and Jup is fertile there too with grand trine in water. Pregnancy is not denied in natal chart. For horary, you need strong motivation when you ask, mere curiosity brings charts that are unreliable. I think best to ask horary when you are trying to get pregnant, then the situation is more immediate.

astrobunny

I'm not seeing a kid in this horary, Moon void, Saturn on ASC, Jup barren and no aspect with the 5th ruler. But your natal chart doesn't look that bad, yes you've got a debilitated Mars in 5th in Cancer and Saturn rx on asc, but all fertile signs and Jup is fertile there too with grand trine in water. Pregnancy is not denied in natal chart. For horary, you need strong motivation when you ask, mere curiosity brings charts that are unreliable. I think best to ask horary when you are trying to get pregnant, then the situation is more immediate.

Thank you rafaella! I did get a few comments saying some questions are more for natal than horary, etc. and that I should look to my natal and use horary for a current desire/situation when I'm trying to get pregnant. But, I did notice that Tikana's analysis was exactly what I was feeling/thinking about when I cast the chart.

(Basically like, will I never have kids or will I decide to be celibate bc I haven't had a steady romantic relationship w/a guy in awhile.)

tsmall

Premium Member
First, while natal is a better predictor for children, horary can help. Keep in mind that for over 1000 years people have been asking horary questions like this, and those querents didn't have accurate birth charts. This chart is radical, by the way, with Mars as hour ruler.

Lilly says;

Behold the Ascendant, and if fortunate Planets behold the same, and the Lord thereof be in the Ascendant, or in the tenth, eleventh, or fifth house, and you find Jupiter also well placed together with that Planet who is the Lord of the Triplicity ascending, and he be not Combust or Retrograde; judge then, if the Man ask the Question, he may have Children, or is capable of getting them. If a woman inquire, say, she may Concieve, and is not naturally barren.

If fortunate planets behold the same. Sun, Jupiter, Venus and Moon all behold or regard the ASC. That's good. The Lord of the ASC is Jupiter, adhering to the MC (so in the 10th) and is assembled with the triplicity ruler of the ASC. Sun as triplicity ruler is in joy.

But if you find the Ascendant afflicted, on infortunated by the Malevolent Planets, and the Lord of the Ascendant in an evil place or House of Heaven, and Jupiter Cadent, or in the eighth or Combust, or not fully elongated from the Sun-Beams, then you shall judge he will have few Children, and they sickly, hardly any to live.

In this case, the ASC is afflicted, but as already mentioned the Lord of the ASC is not in an evil place (those would be the houses unconfigured to the ASC), is in fact the planet most considered in giving children (the symbolism of that means something), and is moving from a barren sign to a sign that is rather fruitful.

there is also much strength in the Lord of the house; for if he be angular, with reception of the Lord of that Angle where he is, on in the eleventh or fifth with like reception, it is a sure testimony of having Children.

The lord of the 5th is Mars, on the ASC, received and regarded by Jupiter, planet of children. And I just pointed out to someone else on another thread that by and large, when the thing asked for is in the ASC, the answer is yes.

astrobunny

First, while natal is a better predictor for children, horary can help. Keep in mind that for over 1000 years people have been asking horary questions like this, and those querents didn't have accurate birth charts. This chart is radical, by the way, with Mars as hour ruler.

Lilly says;

If fortunate planets behold the same. Sun, Jupiter, Venus and Moon all behold or regard the ASC. That's good. The Lord of the ASC is Jupiter, adhering to the MC (so in the 10th) and is assembled with the triplicity ruler of the ASC. Sun as triplicity ruler is in joy.

In this case, the ASC is afflicted, but as already mentioned the Lord of the ASC is not in an evil place (those would be the houses unconfigured to the ASC), is in fact the planet most considered in giving children (the symbolism of that means something), and is moving from a barren sign to a sign that is rather fruitful.

The lord of the 5th is Mars, on the ASC, received and regarded by Jupiter, planet of children. And I just pointed out to someone else on another thread that by and large, when the thing asked for is in the ASC, the answer is yes.
This thread has been an EXPERIENCE. Thank you tsmall.

What determines if the sun is in joy? Tenth house placement?

Also, in this chart, what houses are considered unconfigured to the ASC? Does it mean houses without one of the majors angles within them (2,3,5,8,9)?

(Also, I have a side note question: would the chart be so radical because I asked a lifetime oriented question rather than a short set time like a month?)

sabumnim

Banned
Thank you! That's interesting, and I wouldn't throw it out as an option even though it's expensive.

As radix Mars is trining Uranus, that suggests that a "Uranian" approach to finding male friends is recommended.

Such as, building male romantic partners through friendships.

Uranus also suggest that, if you are so inclined, gay or lesbian relationships are workable.

What I suspect is that, with Mars trining Uranus and Moon's opposition with Uranus, some unconventional ending to this question, is likely.

tsmall

Premium Member
What determines if the sun is in joy? Tenth house placement?

That's a really great question. Sun joys in the 9th house, and in your chart Sun is in the 9th quadrant house. Using signs as places (which I also do) then it wouldn't be in joy. I'm still experimenting to see, and inclined to consider both.

Also, in this chart, what houses are considered unconfigured to the ASC? Does it mean houses without one of the majors angles within them (2,3,5,8,9)?

That one is definately about signs and not houses. Unconfigured means the same as unable to regard, or see. Traditional astrology only considers the Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, square, trine, opposition, and conjunction with caveats that a conjunction isn't an aspect proper.) Any sign that cannot make one of these aspects to the ASC are called "unconfigured." Those are the so called "dark" houses, but keep in mind that the best thing you can learn to do is differentiate what signs see each other vs. what houses see each other. The unconfigured signs will be the 2nd, 6th, 8th, and 12th. Notice that the 6th, 8th and 12th are also those most associated with affliction?

(Also, I have a side note question: would the chart be so radical because I asked a lifetime oriented question rather than a short set time like a month?)

No, radicality is a method to test if the chart is going to answer the question asked, and has to do with hour ruler agreement. No horary question ever needs to be time bound. That is a misunderstanding of I don't even know what that has been perpuated since about the time horary began its revival in the 1980's. Setting a time limit on a chart doesn't do anything. The chart tells what it tells. For example, what if you asked "will I have kids this year?" What difference does setting the time limit make? This chart says you will, but with Saturn on the ASC, not for a while.

astrobunny

As radix Mars is trining Uranus, that suggests that a "Uranian" approach to finding male friends is recommended.

Such as, building male romantic partners through friendships.

Uranus also suggest that, if you are so inclined, gay or lesbian relationships are workable.

What I suspect is that, with Mars trining Uranus and Moon's opposition with Uranus, some unconventional ending to this question, is likely.

That's interesting. Also, I do prefer being friends before dating and am bisexual, so maybe that will have a role in how the chart plays out.

tsmall

Premium Member
The question asked was will I have kids, not will I have them soon/can I raise a kid now?

Also, barren signs are Gemini, Leo, and Virgo.

I thought, while we were learning, that it would be helpful to point out that while Gemini, Leo and Virgo are barren signs, Aries and Capricorn are "rather barren." And while the water signs are very fruitful, Taurus, Libra, Sag and Aquarius are considered "rather fruitful." So on the procreation scale of 1-4, 1 being more kids than you know what to do with, 2 being a decent sized family, 3 being one or maybe two children, and 4 being "you make a wonderful aunty..."

1--Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
2--Taurus, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius
3--Aries, Capricorn
4--Gemini, Leo, Virgo

astrobunny

That one is definately about signs and not houses. Unconfigured means the same as unable to regard, or see. Traditional astrology only considers the Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, square, trine, opposition, and conjunction with caveats that a conjunction isn't an aspect proper.) Any sign that cannot make one of these aspects to the ASC are called "unconfigured." Those are the so called "dark" houses, but keep in mind that the best thing you can learn to do is differentiate what signs see each other vs. what houses see each other. The unconfigured signs will be the 2nd, 6th, 8th, and 12th. Notice that the 6th, 8th and 12th are also those most associated with affliction?
I understand what you're saying about the houses! (Took me a couple minutes tbh lol.) Also, the lack of affliction-associated houses works towards the chart depicting positive correct?

No, radicality is a method to test if the chart is going to answer the question asked, and has to do with hour ruler agreement. No horary question ever needs to be time bound. That is a misunderstanding of I don't even know what that has been perpuated since about the time horary began its revival in the 1980's. Setting a time limit on a chart doesn't do anything. The chart tells what it tells. For example, what if you asked "will I have kids this year?" What difference does setting the time limit make? This chart says you will, but with Saturn on the ASC, not for a while.

How does radicality work? In this chart, the hour ruler was Mars right? (Does Lilly discuss radicality within a section of CA?)

And I think someone may have told me it's better to set time limits on questions because they think it leaves things open-ended/not a definite for long term maybe?

Thank you for helping with all my questions.

astrobunny

I thought, while we were learning, that it would be helpful to point out that while Gemini, Leo and Virgo are barren signs, Aries and Capricorn are "rather barren." And while the water signs are very fruitful, Taurus, Libra, Sag and Aquarius are considered "rather fruitful." So on the procreation scale of 1-4, 1 being more kids than you know what to do with, 2 being a decent sized family, 3 being one or maybe two children, and 4 being "you make a wonderful aunty..."

1--Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
2--Taurus, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius
3--Aries, Capricorn
4--Gemini, Leo, Virgo
Ooh thank you. I'd seen stuff on the waterys and knew the barrens, but did not know the others had varying degrees amongst themselves.