Will I meet a guy/get a boyfriend when I go back to school this Fall?

wan

Hello. I have decided to go back to school this coming fall, and I am wondering if I will finally meet someone, or maybe even get a boyfriend.

Note that I will be 42 by the time classes start, and since I will be taking undergraduate philosophy classes, I will be surrounded by guys who are literally young enough to be my son. I really don't think I am going to fall in love with an 18-year-old, however all the guys my age are married or otherwise paired up, and the only one close to my age in my life, which is my ex-manager, does not like me back, so my options are extremely limited. It simply does not look very likely that I will find love in school, but I am still willing to give it a try. Maybe there are some 40 year olds who have decided to go back to school just like I have.

So, my question is straight forward. Will I find a guy in school this fall? Thanks.

Attachments

• will i.gif
    will i.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

wan

Haha, as if I didn't have enough reasons to not date someone who's 23 years younger than me:

I just looked up the positions of all the outer planets of someone who is around 18 years old, the age group most of my classmates will fall into: I have their Uranus square my Moon, their Pluto opposite my Mars, their Saturn either conjunct my Mars, or squares my Pluto, their Neptune opposite my Sun. Talk about a hot mess.

Last edited:

waybread

Wan, I don't think you're going to find him on campus.

With Cancer rising, you are symbolized by the moon. A 5th house/causual love affair would be ruled by Mars; with a more committed relationship by Saturn (traditional rulerships.)

The moon and Mars do not aspect one another. The moon's next aspect is a square to relationship-oriented Venus, followed by an opposition to Saturn. They suggest some connection happening but squares and oppositions are not in the happy pile. The 8th house may suggest an ulterior motive, like money (2nd from the 7th) or sex vs a true loving commitment.

This doesn't mean you couldn't meet Mr. Right through some other venue. The chart is good specifically and only for the question you ask.

BTW, there are older men kicking around the Groves of Academe, like faculty and men employed as academic support staff.

wan

That is quite true, bread. I once joked to a friend that I would be dating the professors grandpa, since everybody else would be too young for me. Looks like I might have to settle for TAs, professors etc.

Actually, now I am having second thoughts about going back to school. If I am not going to find someone then maybe I shouldn't spend the money on the classes.

Last edited: