Casting birth chart vs relocation chart for horoscope?

sashafasha44

So when looking at my Horoscope or checking out transits should I use my birthplace of Los Angeles California as in my normal natal chart or should I change that information to fit my current location which is on the east coast of America?
Which one should I be using to cast my Daily Horoscope etc? Even on apps like costar or the pattern should I just start using my new location area or just use my natal area per usual? I hope this is clear I can’t seem to find a clear answer online. I’m aware of solar returns and how you use current location for that but in regards to checking out daily transit wouldn’t it be more accurate for me to cast my natal chart from where I’m currently living? Of course I would adjust time zones & time of birth to match ie ifI was born at 1800 on the west coast i would calculate my birthday here for 2100 to match the sky exactly. I hope this makes sense. I really need to find out & there is nothing in regards to this that I can find. Thanks

Osamenor

Staff member
Daily transits and horoscopes are not based on location. They're the same no matter where in the world you are. The only time you'd need a location is when you're casting an event chart. In that case, use the location where the event took place.

JUPITERASC

So when looking at my Horoscope or checking out transits should I use my birthplace of Los Angeles California as in my normal natal chart or should I change that information to fit my current location which is on the east coast of America?
Which one should I be using to cast my Daily Horoscope etc? Even on apps like costar or the pattern should I just start using my new location area or just use my natal area per usual? I hope this is clear I can’t seem to find a clear answer online. I’m aware of solar returns and how you use current location for that
use the natal location for Solar Return :smile:

but in regards to checking out daily transit wouldn’t it be more accurate for me to cast my natal chart from where I’m currently living? Of course I would adjust time zones & time of birth to match ie ifI was born at 1800 on the west coast i would calculate my birthday here for 2100 to match the sky exactly. I hope this makes sense. I really need to find out & there is nothing in regards to this that I can find. Thanks

sashafasha44

Daily transits and horoscopes are not based on location. They're the same no matter where in the world you are. The only time you'd need a location is when you're casting an event chart. In that case, use the location where the event took place.

oh thank you this helps out a great deal, sorry for the delay.

sibylline

Hi sasha,

I use current location for solar returns. I lived ~1200-1400 miles from my birth town for the past decade or so and the charts for those location reflects better my experiences.

Osamenor

Staff member
I think natal location vs current location, as used for solar return, will tell you some different things. I agree with sibylline that current location seems to be the most accurate in terms of what's actually happening in your life. Birth location, if different, will show you certain patterns if you study your birth location solar return charts over several years.

The modality of your solar return MC (cardinal, fixed, or mutable) shifts in a predictable pattern throughout your life, if you cast those charts for your birth location. The years when that modality changes are especially significant. If you live somewhere else, you don't necessarily see that shift in your local solar return charts, but it's still an underpinning of whatever else is happening.

But usually, people want to explore what's currently going on in their lives in a solar return reading. For that, current location is best, in my experience.