Eris

Zonark

Oh I got lots to say on Eris!

Around the time of this fine planetoid's discovery Greg Hill with Kerry Wendell Thornley published a book called the Principia Discordia, intended to be the er, tome of reference for their religion which was the worship and veneration of Eris as the Goddess of Divine Discord. Sort of. You see they had to stress the nature of Eris as essentially a nonsensical deity engaged in a sort of eternally sarcastic yet mystically serious hyperlogic.

The entire book reads like a bunch of goofy hippies who took one too many tabs of acid and decided to talk about metaphysical stuff. Naturally.

Reading it to even begin to understand the religion is a must, but the history of these characters, who went under the pseudonyms Malaclypse the Younger and Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst respectively is also important. Their friends, notables such as Robert Shea, Robert Anton Wilson, Charles Manson (maybe), the Weather Underground, the CIA, Cthulhu, Audrey Hepburn, Stephen Colbert, Bill O'Reilly and just a handful of anarchists all show the unusual background of the "religion" and perhaps reflect on the nature of Eris as a planet.

I myself purchased a later edition of the Principia Discordia at age 14 (or 15, maybe, honestly can't remember). I read it and the humor was very 70s-80s hippie-ish stuff that seemed designed to make its readers feel very smart and stupid at the same time. I fell in love with the philosophy and its principals (everyone is a Pope, reality is composed of creative order, destructive order, creative chaos and destructive chaos, all are essential and then some, all followers of Eris are the penultimate prophets and leaders of the religion ((I can proudly say I have been banned from several Discordian 'communities', one of which claimed not to ban people for any reason)) and that seriousness is essentially a curse, a mental illness, THE mental illness that drags humanity down)

My own reflecting on Eris is that she may manifest just as much as a terrorist as she might a groan inducing cliche banana peel primed for your inevitable downfall.

The Joker comes to mind, but not as much as Harley Quinn. Deadpool too. She teaches one to laugh at death, treat life as a joke of divine proportions and that seriousness is keeping you from the good stuff in life.

On a serious note there is evidence that the founders were involved in MK-ULTRA and the religion may have actually been part of the brainwashing experiments. Kerry Thornley in particular fits the personality and lifework profile of a counterrevolutionary, of which we know the CIA still goes to great lengths to implement voraciously. There is evidence that he may have been involved in the assassination of JFK, a real, serious revolutionary who planned to shut down the Federal Reserve before leaving office.

If one inspects the religion of Eris closely it does seem to be just that. Counterrevolutionary. Killing the Bolsheviks with jokes and parties. Isolating potential group efforts by canonizing all individuals prematurely.

But perhaps that is the point and lesson of Eris. That you don't need an ideology, or following, or "the truth" to be a real revolutionary, you don't even need to be a revolutionary. The true struggle is with you alone.

However I do think some amorphous communities, such as the internet as a whole, are very much in the flavor of Discord.

Eris the planet, I like to interpret by this way. She is anything but predictable.

ALRESCHA

Based on what? Because the planet was named after the mythological Eris?

That, Sedna and an object called 2012 VP113 combined with my religious beliefs. So I wrote the post to see if anyone thinks so too and why.
t1861.gif

Zonark

Eris is still in Aries at the moment so we see a lot of chaos in war. Historically war followed a predictable pattern where countries would fight, or groups and sides would be pretty clear. Right now it's hard to tell whose who. Everything seems a proxy of a proxy with terrorists running amok, some possibly funded by nation-states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_of_Eris

"A particular form of The Hand (shown at right) has been proposed for use as the astronomical and astrological symbol for the dwarf planet Eris.[2] This form of The Hand and other proposed symbols are used informally in certain circles; however, it is unlikely that Eris will be assigned an official symbol by the IAU, since graphical symbols are rarely assigned to minor objects in modern times."

Attachments

• 500px-Hand_of_Eris.svg.png
    500px-Hand_of_Eris.svg.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 25
  • tumblr_lvx465tiyz1r2s92r.jpg
    tumblr_lvx465tiyz1r2s92r.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 200px-Principayellow.jpg
    200px-Principayellow.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 26

muchacho

That, Sedna and an object called 2012 VP113 combined with my religious beliefs. So I wrote the post to see if anyone thinks so too and why.
t1861.gif
Did you check it with your chart or a bunch of other charts? Personally, based on the charts I've looked at, I can't see the kind of influence you've mentioned coming from Eris.

muchacho

Eris is still in Aries at the moment so we see a lot of chaos in war. Historically war followed a predictable pattern where countries would fight, or groups and sides would be pretty clear. Right now it's hard to tell whose who. Everything seems a proxy of a proxy with terrorists running amok, some possibly funded by nation-states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_of_Eris

"A particular form of The Hand (shown at right) has been proposed for use as the astronomical and astrological symbol for the dwarf planet Eris.[2] This form of The Hand and other proposed symbols are used informally in certain circles; however, it is unlikely that Eris will be assigned an official symbol by the IAU, since graphical symbols are rarely assigned to minor objects in modern times."
If Eris is really about strife and struggle and disruption, then currently, as long as Eris is in Aries, it would amplify the Aries qualities in a chart. That's what we have to check out. Just going by myth may be a start, but in the end it has to somehow be verified in chart readings. Actual experience trumps any theory or myth.

Last edited:

Zonark

If Eris is really about strife and struggle and disruption, then currently, as long as Eris is in Aries, it would amplify the Aries qualities in a chart. That's what we have to check out. Just going by myth may be a start, but in the end it has to somehow be verified in chart readings. Actual experience trumps any theory or myth.

Eris has a complex energy. She started the Trojan war using nothing but an apple and a riddle. To the Discordians she is hailed as a Goddess who helps one escape and overcome authority figures of the deepest, darkest kind (like the 'Illuminati'). But more than that she helps defeat those barriers of authority within our own minds hence the "consult your pineal gland" phrase.

She is a 'wild card' sort of energy. A mystic, a revolutionary and a mischief maker. She isn't like Kali the Hindu Goddess of vengeance though, Kali has many parallels but I think Eris has a better sense of humor. Her energy is about all that is chaotic, system-changing and transcendent while having a laugh

ALRESCHA

Did you check it with your chart or a bunch of other charts? Personally, based on the charts I've looked at, I can't see the kind of influence you've mentioned coming from Eris.

yes, I have. Venus's got me looking at synatries these days. I don't like anything aggressive, but I have realized that Eris is the last wall of defense for me. But I have to study more, and I can't right now.

Zonark

But yeah Muchacho let's look at some things Eris was doing since she's been found as a planet.

Eris entered Aries in 1926, before her official discovery. This was definitely a turning point in the way war and strife manifested in the world with the rise of fascism and thus anarchism and other methods of new political thought primarily focused on change through violence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1926

Quite a year. Numerous incidences of civil unrest and outright brutality by governments attempting suppression of insurrection.

This strikes me as very Eris, not to sound like a broken record but her mystery cult are true blue anarchists.

Speaking of striking, this unusual event stuck out like a sore thumb;

• July 10 – A bolt of lightning struck Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey. The resulting fire caused several million pounds of explosives to blow up in the next two to three days.
Eris was in retrograde at this time, 1 degree 12 minutes into Aries!

Uranus was also transiting at 29 degrees 26 minutes retrograde in Pisces.

Very interesting.

Just look at all these riots and direct force implemented by authoritative bodies, as well as some declarations of absolute power by authorities, other interesting things are the freak fire at the Shakespeare memorial theatre and Robert Goddard's, the father of rocketry's first successful rocket flight;

Unknown Dates;

Also, this is really tripping me out, I casually looked to the side of the page for 1926 and saw this in tiny size 6 Arial font;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordian_calendar

I guess it's always been there but this is the first time I notice
:biggrin:

waybread

Nice work, Zonark!

What's tripping me out is that as Uranus in Aries is now close enough to form a conjunction, we have an uptick in cyber-bullying, Internet incivility (trolling/flaming,) and computer-hacking into the high-security (supposedly) government, military, and corporate computers.

We also have hobby drones interfering with commercial airline landings and aerial fire-fighters. I note that Uranus is the modern ruler of aircraft.

Zonark

Nice work, Zonark!

What's tripping me out is that as Uranus in Aries is now close enough to form a conjunction, we have an uptick in cyber-bullying, Internet incivility (trolling/flaming,) and computer-hacking into the high-security (supposedly) government, military, and corporate computers.

We also have hobby drones interfering with commercial airline landings and aerial fire-fighters. I note that Uranus is the modern ruler of aircraft.

There was that massive explosion in China today as well, right as Uranus crossed back into the 2nd decan of Aries. When Uranus is direct, as far as electromagnetic and digital tech goes I think of EMF transceivers. When it's retrograde more signals transmitted within the machine or within the web. Chinese govt is repressing what happened in media.

Right now the biggest cybercrime event that comes to mind is the arrest of former Mt.Gox CEO Mark Karpeles, who used his control of the world's most popular bitcoin trading platform (I used it myself! Luckily didn't get harmed by Karpeles' greed) to embezzle millions in USD.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...m-misusing-8-9-million-deposits/#.Vb8ZSmZpMyq

All the shenanigans with cryptocurrencies are definitely the big event. With the arrests around Silk Road and nation-states creating new agencies to probe the darknet I think we may see some very intense events in the cyberworld soon.

Things to watch out for; hackers or hostile nation-states weaponizing wireless technology to harm not only machines but people. Many wireless transmitters operate on microwave frequencies that can go from non-ionizing to skin searing with some tweaks.

Hacked military drones armed and ready being used for terrorism. The US military has tried very poorly to cover up the fact they launched drone tech without fully hardening systems and are trying to tie up loose ends after the fact. Of course, a 'fully hardened system' is a pipe dream but, moving on. Some 'drones' that exist today, the technology is biotech...

Total threats to all digitally maintained and traded currency facilitated by NSA/GCHQ/FIVE EYES/ECHELON probing of the darknet. Their pathways into previously isolated networks could become routes for exploits capable of emptying thousands of banks overnight.

More exposure of the darkest side of the deep web; human trafficking. ISIS, just the tip of the iceberg there, speaking of which though; http://www.today.com/money/dont-try-home-women-scam-isis-out-travel-money-t37201

And just general attacks to standard encryption due to all this hacking making the hashsums we take for granted suddenly become a priced commodity.This is where cryptocurrency blockchains may be the unlikely hero but as a result online activity will begin to get more expensive unless hash generation is expanded by wider adoption of cryptography based money. It's Keynesian economics with a decentralized bank! :cool:

Google also just incorporated into a mega-ultra-corp focusing on life-extension biotechnology, drone, cloud computing, WiFID 'internet of things' stuff as well as its collection of media platforms;
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...oogle-becomes-part-of-a-new-company-alphabet/
:unsure:
Gettin greedy there Google? Somehow I doubt this will raise their stock price.

Virtual reality tech is making baby steps!

All this is happening with Eris in the third decan of Aries and Uranus going back and forth over the threshold, switches firing off between the 2nd and 3rd decan.

Uranus going back and forth, Eris slowly moving back toward this erratic behavior, most likely when the two make an exact conjunction something big will be triggered.

An interesting planet. Aerial firefighting drones in particular seem very Uranus in the 3rd decan of Aries (Sagittarius) :unsure:

muchacho

But yeah Muchacho let's look at some things Eris was doing since she's been found as a planet.

Eris entered Aries in 1926, before her official discovery...

That's a step into the right direction. We need empirical evidence. However, 1926 is not the first time Eris entered Aries. There's an interesting period of time in the 1920's where Eris went in and out of Aries/Pisces that is worth studying the influence of Eris in two very different signs in a rather short period of time:

1923/04/27 - 1923/08/28 Aries

1923/08/29 - 1924/04/01 Pisces

1924/04/02 - 1924/09/23 Aries

1924/09/24 - 1925/03/09 Pisces

1925/03/10 - 1925/10/25 Aries

1925/10/26 - 1926/02/12 Pisces

1926/02/13 - 2044/06/11 Aries

And keep in mind that the 1920s are also called the "Roaring Twenties" for a reason!

Last edited:

muchacho

Nice work, Zonark!

Uranus conjunct Eris (less than 1 degree):

1727/08/25 - 1727/11/02 Scorpio

1834/08/23 - 1834/12/28 Aquarius

1927/03/28 - 1927/05/17 Aries

1927/09/10 - 1928/02/22 Pisces

2016/05/13 - 2016/10/29 Aries

CapAquaPis

t1861.gif

2012VP113 should be given a name by now by astronomers, from what I heard the most likely proposed name will be Aether. Eris was unofficially nicknamed "Xena" for awhile in astronomy after its discovery in the early 2000s. Newly discovered dwarf planets or planetoids are given names from other cultural mythologies outside European, esp. Greek or Roman. This was true for Sedna (Inuit), and Haumea and Makemake (Polynesian).

Zonark, infamous meme boards (I won't give out their names) known for extreme spamming, advanced site hacking, mass trolling, organized invasions of members' privacy (i.e. found phone numbers and e-mail addresses) and site ra/I/ds have been a nuisance on the internet for years. It may get worse if Uranus conjunct Eris next year, esp. related to the US presidential campaign and election. I remember MittRomney site's live chat (April 1, 2012) was taken over by 30-or some "anon IPs" post enough spam, vulgar/obscene/profane language and were highly offensive to every group of people for half a hour, the site's chatroom was temporarily shut down and their mods disabled anonymous IP usage ever since.

Last edited:

Zonark

2012VP113 should be given a name by now by astronomers, from what I heard the most likely proposed name will be Aether. Eris was unofficially nicknamed "Xena" for awhile in astronomy after its discovery in the early 2000s. Newly discovered dwarf planets or planetoids are given names from other cultural mythologies outside European, esp. Greek or Roman. This was true for Sedna (Inuit), and Haumea and Makemake (Polynesian).

Zonark, infamous meme boards (I won't give out their names) known for extreme spamming, advanced site hacking, mass trolling, organized invasions of members' privacy (i.e. found phone numbers and e-mail addresses) and site ra/I/ds have been a nuisance on the internet for years. It may get worse if Uranus conjunct Eris next year, esp. related to the US presidential campaign and election. I remember MittRomney site's live chat (April 1, 2012) was taken over by 30-or some "anon IPs" post enough spam, vulgar/obscene/profane language and were highly offensive to every group of people for half a hour, the site's chatroom was temporarily shut down and their mods disabled anonymous IP usage ever since.

Yeah a lot of sites have had to ban VPN services and TOR usage to stop getting DDoSed or raided. Privacy's such a massive concern right now though I wouldn't be surprised if a new anonymity protocol gets invented and gains massive popularity thus facilitating more shenanigans.

Internet trolls and trolling in general is classic Eris, at least according to her mythos.

Stubborn Virgo

There is much research to be done on Eris. What is she up to in your chart, and do you see her expressed in your life?

My third house is ruled by Aries, which is where Eris sits. Eris squares my Saturn Rx in Capricorn/12th house, and, with a sextile to my Aquarius Ascendant, forms a yod that points directly at my Sun in Virgo/8th House. (This makes the second yod in my chart.)

I almost always have problems with my neighbors. It doesn't matter if it's family, a complete stranger or a friend, there will always, always be an issue. In college, the guy who lived in the dorm next to me was loud, frequently drunk and would try to kick our door down at 3 AM in the morning. When I moved into my first apartment, my neighbor was the same way, except not as violent. When I moved back home, my neighbor was family, but they caused just as many problems. My current neighbor poses a different set of problems and they seem to only want to talk about them when they're drunk.

Each time a neighbor has posed a problem, it has forced me to take a stand against an issue. Usually, police or another authority figure (such as a landlord) has to get involved, at my persistence, for the matter to be resolved. But then, once a line has been drawn in the sand, it's over! It's like there's a level of respect and we both go on our separate ways.

It's interesting, because I normally have a "live and let live" attitude regarding my living arrangements. I don't bother people and I expect that they won't bother me. But issues with neighbors always seem to leave me a little more fiery than I was before. It's almost like Eris gets a kick out of watching someone pester the quiet 8th House Virgo Sun until she finally comes out of her shell. :annoyed:

Come to think of it, my sibling has the same effect on me at times...

Last edited:

theV

ERIS identify most with the Libra archetype more than Aries one,yeah right!!how
chaotic and disruptive ERIS goes along with the harmonious Libra rather than feisty,fiery Aries.Eris seeks social justice and harmony through disruption and chaos.She establish peace and harmony after long period of wars.She is "The Dark Night of Soul type of asteroid". Her expression are violent,and volcanic as Pluto,but she express them directly.It is also known that ERIS is founded in the chart of feminist,or female admirer.Someone who protects the right of women.

ERIS IS CONTRAPARALLEL/OPPOSITE MY SUN/VENUS

Bjorkstrand

sedna(reincarnation) is an octave of eris
eris is an octave of pluto
pluto is an octave of mars

They all rule aries and scorpio.

eris is the 1st chakra of the karma layer
The karma layer is eris right up to sedna. There's about 40 objects, 9 of them are big.

So if you don't believe in karma and reincarnation Eris is useless.
So you'll need a medium or psychic to figure out the karma.
Good luck in studying it.

Remember the first chakra.

Jim