Help an amateur out :)

Tim719

Hi, I've come to these forums every now in then in my ongoing search for astrological knowledge but I just now have created an account. I have been combing the internet for information since i first discovered how wonderful astrology is about a year ago, and i think i have pretty learned everything there is to offer on the net lol. I hope that coming here will help me gain a more complete knowledge of the art and maybe make some friends in the process.

So far I have all the basic stuff down, like glyphs, sign/planet/house descriptions and a general guideline on how aspects work, but I'm having trouble putting it all together.

I would appreciate any help in understanding some specific aspects from natal chart that i think i have a grasp on, but I don't really understand their full implications. Now let me list all of them :)

1. I have a t-square involving my scorpio sun-jupiter-pluto conjunction in the 10/11th houses squaring aquarius moon in 2nd and leo mars in the 8th. (sun is in the 10th, jupiter and pluto in the 11th. Also, moon and mars are opposition and both square jupiter while only the moon squares pluto.)

2. My scorpio venus and mercury are conjunct to the midheaven in libra, mercury by 1 degree and venus by 7 degrees.

3. Pisces saturn in the 3rd makes 3 trines to venus, mercury, and midheaven while sextiling my capricorn ascendant.

P.s. All this is from the free charts on astrotheme.com. Thanks in advance for the help!

waybread

Can you post your chart, Tim? That will help us to see the big picture of how these planets and aspects are operating. Astrology above all is a work of synthesis.

waybread

tim, the real eye-catcher about your chart is your huge stellium in Scorpio, mostly in the 11th house. Also, you have Pluto conjunct sun, and a close square to your sun from Mars in the 8th house. This makes you a strong "8th chord" person: you are majoring in Scorpio and its allied energies. So anything you read about Scorpio, whether flattering or unflattering, would seem to be part of your make-up. In the 11th house, you probably have a strong orientation towards friendships and groups at different scales: an informal collection of friends to a professional society or something like a large employer that functions like an organization.

But the kicker is, with those squares (inner tension) involved, this domain of life may not flow so easily for you; and an uncomfortable Scorpio is apt to become a very private person. But your chart indicates you should be out there--whether your 8th house domain means friends, a volunteer or professional society, or your workplace. At your stage of life, it might mean extra-curricular activities.

When you have a big stellium, I tend to count aspects to one of its members as affecting the others, even if they are not all in-orb. I don't know if your astro-studies have taken you to midpoints yet, but basically the degree midway between any pair of planets also has an effect in your chart.

A planet conjunct your MC is usually a good career indicator. Each planet rules different types of vocations. Mercury is apt to be more in the communications field (or trade) whereas Venus is apt to be more artistic or aesthetic.

Planets trining your MC are a great help in the career department. Saturn usually shows where and how we feel inadequate and frustrated; but if it is well-aspected, you have a strong capacity for self-discipline, hard work, and persistence. The ruler of your MC in Libra is Venus, so any Venusian career would be worth considering.

Do you have artistic/creative talents? You chart suggests so.

Tim719

I have read a lot about the privateness of a lot of scorpios that never really made much sense to me because i tend to be one the most talkative people in the group...

And i guess you could say i have artistic talent, i really like to paint and write but it takes a lot of effort just to finish what i start. It's like i'll be midway through writing a story and then I'll run out of ideas and just forget about it. I actually think I'm better at poetry than writing or painting though.

It's kind of weird, saturn is supposed to give you strong powers of self discipline but i have been getting in trouble all my life due to impulsivity, mainly at school. I'm guessing this is from the hard aspects from mars?

I've heard of midpoints i just don't get them, can you explain?