Will we win our lawsuit?

tsmall

Premium Member
So that was my turn to type fast and on the fly. Saturn is the exaltation ruler of my husband's 10th, not 7th, and is stationing direct after being retrograde.

Sheesh. These kids really need to stop talking to me when I'm trying to post. :/

BobZemco

...anything that has to do with status will belong to the 10th.

I agree, but that's not to say that other Houses might be involved.

If I tested to obtain an HAM Radio operator's license, I'd want to see some something good out of the 5th.

However, Lilly has said that the 4th is the end or "outcome" specifically in conflicts.

That is because the 4th House opposes the 10th House.

This has been extrapolated to mean the outcome of all things, though Lilly never stated that.

Uh, that is absolutely correct. Good for you.

So maybe the trial itself isn't a tangible thing. Which is why we need to look at all the houses involved?

The Chart is the trial....it's a contest between opponents.

This is where the whole "wow, I had a transit and it didn't do anything for me" vs. "wow, I had a transit and it was a doozy" comes in, because if the planet isn't activated in the chart then...menh.

Bingo!

That's outstanding. You just leaped over a tall building in a single bound. That's a major hurdle you have cleared, and from this/that point forward, you will always see more than others will; see deeper than others can; and your accuracy will make everyone else jealous.

Transits are the least important facets of Astrology.

Everything flows from the Natal Chart, and although it appears static, it really isn't. Profections and Solar Revolutions/Returns are what allows you to look ahead. When one Planet (or more) is activated, and you can tell because it pretty much jumps off the page at you: something is up (or down...or sideways).

Your Profection/Solar Charts will tell you the Who, What, Why, How, Where and a generic "When." If you want to get more specific on "When" then you have a choice of Primary Directions, or looking at the transiting Planet that has been activated, your choice, and those are not the only options for timing mechanisms, as you can use your Solar Return Chart, and also the Profected Chart.

What's funny is that I've been saying almost since this whole ordeal started that this was Saturn's way of saying..."I've been trying to tell you you were on the wrong course and you wouldn't listen to me." At the end of the day, no matter what happens, this has been a blessing in disguise.

Not now, but at some time in the future, when you are really bored, do an Event Chart for your business....my guess is you'll find Saturn weak in the chart, or the 4th House Ruler weak or impeded, or the Ruler for the Lot of Saturn weak, unfortunate or impeded in some way, or the Ascendant Ruler impeded by Saturn (or possibly Jupiter since this turned out to be a legal matter).

dr. farr

I have always used the 9th house as significator for law courts, and the 10th for results of trials, judgements rendered, etc. However, whenever possible I use question specific or significator specific Lots, as primary quesited, in preference to the generic significations of the houses (although I do use these in rounding out the totality of testimonies in the horary chart)

Culpeper

Premium Member
This is a long but very interesting thread. I did not read everything, but you have a number of very good astrologers providing advice. So I will just give my short judgment on your chart. I use mostly Lilly but not his house system.

The chart has Libra rising and your significator is Venus in the 9th house. The other party is the 7th house Aries and their significator is Mars in the 8th house. The judge is the Moon in the 2nd house Scorpio.

There are active fixed stars in the chart. Arcturus and Spica are rising which is in your favor. Venus is with Rigel, a very favorable star, so that also helps you. Mars is with the malefic star Algol which does not help it much although it lends some power. The Moon is with the South Scale which is also unfavorable or makes the Moon more malefic.

Venus and Mars are not in aspect indicating that you cannot reach an out-of-court settlement. Adding up points appears to give the querent the better position. The Moon representing the judge will complete an opposition to Mars. Oppositions are unfavorable in horary so this indicates that the judge will rule against Mars and the querent prevail. However, you may not be made entirely whole and there will be legal expenses.

The Moon can also be used for timing. There are 10 degrees you can use, but I will leave the time interval to you. These cases can drag on, but if you can arrange a good electional timing it can suddenly resolve itself in your favor. I have been in court myself more than I want to think about and have put astrology to use effectively.

tsmall

Premium Member
Venus and Mars are not in aspect indicating that you cannot reach an out-of-court settlement. Adding up points appears to give the querent the better position. The Moon representing the judge will complete an opposition to Mars. Oppositions are unfavorable in horary so this indicates that the judge will rule against Mars and the querent prevail. However, you may not be made entirely whole and there will be legal expenses.

Thanks, Culpeper, for looking. I appreciate it. :smile:

I am curious, because I'm new and so have generally thousands of questions which I cannot very well go wake up the dead astrologers' society and ask. When I read Lilly's instructions on judging lawsuits, he said nothing of an aspect between the parties, but he did say that if there was one way reception it would be an indicator of a settlement being reached, and that it would be necessary to look to the planet that receives them both to discover how that would be brought about. In this case (going from memory) Venus receives Mars.

Speaking again to reception, there was some interesting reception going on between the Moon and Mars that had me questioning (what else is new, I question everything) what the result of the opposition would be. I understand that oppositions are considered bad in horary, but doesn't Lilly say that if there is reception then that can be considered a good thing?

You may have missed it, but there was more about this specific question here

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=483916&postcount=33

The Moon can also be used for timing. There are 10 degrees you can use, but I will leave the time interval to you. These cases can drag on, but if you can arrange a good electional timing it can suddenly resolve itself in your favor. I have been in court myself more than I want to think about and have put astrology to use effectively.

Well, then here is another chart for learning in this case re timing. I know you said you didn't read all the posts, so to sum it up there is a firm trial date set for September 12th this year, and I know the judge will brook no further delays beyond that. In the meantime we are court ordered for judicial mediation and there is no date set for that. As to electing the event ourselves, well, I don't think that is in the stars. The best I could probably hope for is to see a chart for the date set and try to influence when it starts and therefore the ASC...similar to what happened at the pre-trial motion hearing. Looking at the date, I knew we wanted to start after 10:13 am even though we were called for 9:30. Thankfully, we started at 10:28.

Cypocryphy

Better late than never. :smile: Here is my quick and dirty answer:

Answer: You will not win your lawsuit. Nothing is going to come of it. The best you can hope for is monetary compensation in lieu of your personalty.

Reasoning: The planetary significators are perfect. All too often I find that I have either Venus or Mars as my significator when asking about either a love relationship or some adversarial situation. Venus shows yourself as the victim and Mars represents the other party as the aggressor.

Your Moon is in the sign of Scorpio, in the first house. Your situation is precarious. There is nothing certain or stable about your lawsuit. Furthermore, the Moon is in the via combusta, signifying that this has been dreadful and harmful, emotionally and financially, (additionally because of the Moon being in its fall, as if you have fallen in status or position). There will be a sudden turn of events that will be for the worse. The north node (assistance and allegiance) on your Moon (family) shows that out of this negative situation, it has brought your family together. Unfortunately, Saturn is in the first house, almost guaranteeing disaster in its retrograde motion. This lawsuit is only going to burden your life and harm it. Your moon is disposited by Mars (adversary), showing your victimization.

In regard to Mars, your adversaries are also ruling over the sixth house, which is the house of zoo animals. Your part of fortune is in that house showing your reliance on the animals for your overall success in life. It, however, is weak in the house of sickness. Mars is in its detriment, making your adversaries even more pugnacious and pernicious. Your adversaries are difficult, stubborn and unwilling to compromise. Furthermore, they are willing to see this lawsuit to the end (fixed earth energy). Interesting, they are under the rulership of Venus, signifying that you instigated the lawsuit and are, in a sense, subjugated by you. Mars is combust by the Sun, and the Sun is ruer of the tenth house. There will be repercussions for your adversary, imposed by the government. I believe it will be due to their being deceptive, misleading or outright lying in some regard as shown by Gemini. Perhaps they are being vexatious in some way, either with the court system or with your or both.

In regard to Venus, she is in a succedent house, but it is the eighth house, and its essential dignity is hampered. You are in the house of death, and death, in this situation, is equivalent to loss. You are in the sign of the twins in the eighth house, showing ruin and downfall brought by deception and duplicity. Venus’ energy is often diffuse in this sign and its power made impotent. It is, however, conjunct Regulus, which vouches for your honor and integrity in the situation. It also has dignity by term, but in this situation, whether it is helpful is not even a question that could be considered moot.

Both Mars and Venus are quickened, so this will not be a prolonged lawsuit, and you will know where you stand within a short period of time, relatively.

There is no aspect formed between the significators. There is no salvation either through the translation or collection of light. The almutens do nothing to rescue the situation. Looking at the house endings brings nothing beneficial to you, and the house of hopes and dreams show that you will have some form of satisfaction, with Mercury joining to Venus, but it will unlikely be to the extent that you truly desire. I believe you will receive not the animals but some form of monetary compensation as Mercury is the planet of commerce.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
A quick update, and a bit of a surprise in that the trial judge has either been removed or forced to retire from the bench.

BobZemco

A quick update, and a bit of a surprise in that the trial judge has either been removed or forced to retire from the bench.

Didn't see that coming.

The only possible explanation I can see just off the cuff is Moon rising with South Scales. Moon/South Scales is fall from grace, disgrace and ruin. They were at 147°51' and 148°21' respectively. I didn't mention it because it has nothing to do with you (South Scales are Saturn/Mars and you are neither), and you seemed to have a bit-o'-difficulty separating Moon as Co-significator, Moon as Cancer Judge, and Moon as timer in the Chart (sorry).

Moon also rose with North Scales, but that has nothing to do with you either (Jupiter/Mercury).

What is interesting is that Moon culminated at 221°56' sandwiched between South Scales at 222°54' and Toliman at 220°08'.

Toliman doesn't rise (it's a Pole Star) and Moon/Toliman you can bet on an alcoholic (and if not then a very heavy drinker). It's interesting because a few years back an Ohio Supreme Court justice got busted for DUI and had to step down. Gotta wonder if something similar didn't happen here (especially since Toliman is Venus/Jupiter and both sit in the 9th Sign).

Your Ascendant is Via Combusta, so sudden twists and turns are to be expected, but don't panic, because your Ascendant was at 122°09' while Spica was at 122°01' meaning your Ascendant and Spica (a very fortunate Fixed Star of Venus -- and that would be you) rose together.

What triggered it?

Zael would give years to Fixed Signs, months to Moveable Signs and weeks to Common Signs, count the number of Signs between the Ascendant and significator (here Moon) and add one year/month/week for each Planet between the Ascendant and significator.

Libra is Moveable, two months for Libra/Scorpio, add a month for Saturn and you get 3 months, uh, which is about right now.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Not totally unexpected.....

This interpretation utilizes elements of Modern Horary astrology not included in classical horary but researched during the lifetime of Ivy G-B:

1. Moon inconjunct to Uranus usually means that that the whole thing will come out with a change that you didn't expect and might not like

2. Moon sextiling Pluto showed that you could expect some unusual circumstance to mar the proceedings, usually involving someone who is supposed to be there but typically for Pluto, is not.

3. Saturn Rx and in the first house shows a good chance for yes to be simply ended.

4. Mercury inconjunct the Moon usually means lots of constant little ones or one big annoying problem

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Didn't see that coming.

The only possible explanation I can see just off the cuff is Moon rising with South Scales. Moon/South Scales is fall from grace, disgrace and ruin. They were at 147°51' and 148°21' respectively. I didn't mention it because it has nothing to do with you (South Scales are Saturn/Mars and you are neither), and you seemed to have a bit-o'-difficulty separating Moon as Co-significator, Moon as Cancer Judge, and Moon as timer in the Chart (sorry).

No need to apologize, you are absolutely correct when you say I was having trouble with that. I think I've gotten over that difficulty, at least a little. Seven planets, twelve houses, they mean more than one thing at the same time. The key is figuring out what they mean when, and in context. It's like...compartmentalizing. The tricky part is learning how to read each compartment.

Moon also rose with North Scales, but that has nothing to do with you either (Jupiter/Mercury).

What is interesting is that Moon culminated at 221°56' sandwiched between South Scales at 222°54' and Toliman at 220°08'.

It's a wonder my head hasn't exploded yet, with how much I've learned from you in the last two months (even though I've needed repetition...which is the key to learning, I'm told.) Since it hasn't, here goes.

The Moon did what? :andy:

The only thing I know of culminating is planets approaching the MC, which clearly Moon isn't. I can kind of fuzz my way through the idea that possibly when Moon did hit the MC next it was with those stars based on it's sign and position in the chart, but after that I'm completely lost.

Moon rose...so that's when Moon reached the ASC? And this is the diurnal motion and not the zodiacal motion of the Moon? Moon culminated, that would be when Moon did reach the MC? And we are still talking about the angles of the chart?

And bonus dumb question of the night...147*51' rising, and 221*56' culminating...where are we counting from?

Toliman doesn't rise (it's a Pole Star)

I think I get this. Toliman is where it is and remains at least apparently fixed in position while other stars/constellations move across the sky? Pole stars are navigational stars for a reason.

and Moon/Toliman you can bet on an alcoholic (and if not then a very heavy drinker). It's interesting because a few years back an Ohio Supreme Court justice got busted for DUI and had to step down. Gotta wonder if something similar didn't happen here (especially since Toliman is Venus/Jupiter and both sit in the 9th Sign).

Yup. I'm the very last person to wish to say something of someone else that has not been proven, or made public (not that I expect too many people involved are paying attention to the goings on at AW.) So all I shall say is that from what I was told...yup.

I did try to find news that wasn't gossip or hearsay, and all I found was a newspaper article saying that my trial judge was retiring 3 years before he needed too, effective September 6th. Oh, and September 6th would be the date set for pretrial motions....

Your Ascendant is Via Combusta, so sudden twists and turns are to be expected, but don't panic, because your Ascendant was at 122°09' while Spica was at 122°01' meaning your Ascendant and Spica (a very fortunate Fixed Star of Venus -- and that would be you) rose together.

You remember that I suck at math, right? But...122*09'

Are we talking about from the Sun?

What triggered it?

Zael would give years to Fixed Signs, months to Moveable Signs and weeks to Common Signs, count the number of Signs between the Ascendant and significator (here Moon) and add one year/month/week for each Planet between the Ascendant and significator.

Libra is Moveable, two months for Libra/Scorpio, add a month for Saturn and you get 3 months, uh, which is about right now.

Mind read much?

When I got home from my meeting today, the first thing I was trying to remember was what the angles in the chart were. Because I was wondering about timing....

Cypocryphy

I don't know if this was mentioned already, in regard to the removal of the judge, but the Sun, significator of the judge, is in the eighth house, which can signify not being around to see the conclusion of an event. (Holding, et al.) Furthermore, the Sun is conjunct the fixed star "Mirfak," which means "someone who has a dishonest nature."

So, I would interpret this as the judge not being around to see the end of the trial because of his dishonest nature.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

I don't know if this was mentioned already, in regard to the removal of the judge, but the Sun, significator of the judge, is in the eighth house, which can signify not being around to see the conclusion of an event. (Holding, et al.) Furthermore, the Sun is conjunct the fixed star "Mirfak," which means "someone who has a dishonest nature."

So, I would interpret this as the judge not being around to see the end of the trial because of his dishonest nature.

Hey, just realized you are counting signs and not houses, hence the continual reference to the Moon.

Is this solely a Bonatti technique or have you seen this consistently used by the others, meaning, post-whole house system.

Last edited:

dr. farr

There are 66 fixed stars in the plane of the Ecliptic (which spans from 23 North to 23 South declination see my list in the Fixed Stars Forum entitled "Declinations of Several Stars along the Solar Path") In that list I have given each star's declination as of 2010.

tsmall

Premium Member
The fact that 1st House spills over into the 2nd Sign only shows the importance of 2nd Sign/House matters....just as the 2nd House spilling over into the 3rd Sign which represents Querents documents, witnesses and evidence is no doubt linked to the 2nd Sign of Allies.

More reply from the querent, since this has really become a thread about learning horary. Just this week we were able to get copies of board emails that had been deleted by a friend who didn’t realize how important they were. Several of them go to defamation, and one in particular from the (at the time, as she has along with 4 long standing and two newly elected board members resigned in all of this) board treasurer and corporate accountant clearly show that the board knew that we owned the assets in question.

When I see the significator for the judge at 15° in a Fixed Sign (like Scorpio) I don't really pay much more attention.

Well, we knew the ASC was Via Combust. So expecting the unexpected? The idea is that everything is in the chart, right? But, who the heck has the time to look at every seemingly extraneous thing. I think the point wouldn’t be that we weren’t expecting it, but that the chart does show it.

neither the Querent nor anyone who has lent a hand with this Chart is thrilled with the judge.

Just to reiterate, because repetition is the key to learning, we weren’t thrilled with the judge due in large part to that freaky reception between Mars and Moon, with Mars being in Moon’s exaltation while being in detriment, and Moon being in Mars domicile while being in fall.

Who says the Querent doesn't like it? How do you know this isn't the best thing ever? How do you know this isn't the event that coerces and a settlement, which is something Querent wants?

I don’t know if it will be what finally forces a settlement or not, but I’m not displeased that the judge was removed. He seemed very no-nonsense and did grant us the ability to sue individual employees and members of the board, which is actually pretty unheard of in non profit law, but he made several comments that spoke to his sympathy for our opponents, and he messed the entire thing up from the beginning by refusing to hear ownership at the hearing on the ex parte motion to remove them in the first place. He also had placed restrictive limitations on the trial, should it come to one, including using only offers of proof and interrogatories, stating that he wanted to see very few if any motions, and that the trial would only get one day.

Looking at the time constraints we have been under, and having had Mercury spend almost the entire month of July retrograde, yes. This isn’t a bad thing by any means. It might mean the possibility of a little more delay, but at this moment delay is good for us.

Personally, from what I was told (which is hearsay and edges into gossip, though it came from a reliable source who also doesn’t like to engage in gossip) the prosecutor’s office was involved, there was a suggestion of drinking and making inappropriate comments to female members of the bar and employees of the court. A forced retirement would be the very best way to go, because this particular judge has handed down several key decisions that affect all the residents of our state (we are talking about Superior Court here) and calling question on those would mean the possibility of the need to re-litigate them.

In the interest of playing fair, Zarathu, you said

1. Moon inconjunct to Uranus usually means that that the whole thing will come out with a change that you didn't expect and might not like.

Ok. We can get the same information from the ASC as well as the Moon Via Combust, but...

The chart tells the whole story. So can you explain how Moon in the 1st house separating from an inconjunction with Uranus in the 6th house by more than three degrees (and so not giving that green dotted line in an astro.com chart) will show the outcome of this

Uranus is in the 6th house, which rules small animals (we’re not talking about zebras here) and is separating from a square with a retrograde Pluto in Capricorn (which is the 3rd house but 4th sign) while Venus (hey, that’s us!) and the Moon also separate from their aspects with Uranus.

Congratulations. You just showed that while Moon as our co-significator couldn’t see (the nature of aversion, or the inconjuntion) what Uranus was doing, Uranus’ ruler was making off with everything we own. Uranus rules which sign modernly? Oh, yeah, Aquarius (traditionally ruled by Saturn, who is in the ASC and stationing direct.)

So we have the modern ruler of the querent’s 4th house (the animals were housed at our facility, which is the barn that adjoins my actual house) and the opponent’s 10th posited in the querent’s 6th house of small animals and ruling our opponent’s 10th. Jeez Louise, if you are going to beat up traditional methods, at least go all the way with it. And none of this has anything to do with the outcome of the chart, because all of these aspects are separating...which mean they further describe the events leading up to the lawsuit in the first place.

.] Mercury inconjunct the Moon usually means lots of constant little ones or one big annoying problem.

Ok, so which is it? Because seriously, it’s been both.

The really big annoying problem is pretty evident from the thread. They stole our animals and tried to destroy my husband’s reputation. So the big problem is that, hey, wow, we don’t/didn’t have any animals to, you know, do what we do. The little annoying problems were manifest in needing to make sure our opponents did what they were supposed to in severing...it took longer than it should have to get our permits because someone didn’t bother to change their address...all the way up to the little annoying problems of needing to explain why we are now completely a different entity from the non-profit founded...

So using Mercury inconjunct the Moon, how do you show this in the chart?

I, using modern horary astrology, was not remotely surprised by the outcome of Tsmall's horary event

Except, there has been no outcome yet....

Which means you still haven’t judged the chart.

Cypocryphy

There are 66 fixed stars in the plane of the Ecliptic (which spans from 23 North to 23 South declination see my list in the Fixed Stars Forum entitled "Declinations of Several Stars along the Solar Path") In that list I have given each star's declination as of 2010.

Thank you, Dr. Farr. I noticed Mirfak, also known as, Alpha Persei, is not on your list. It is a star acknowledged within Janus, and seems to be not parallel by declination but, rather, on the hour angle, though it is relatively close to the ecliptic (or even within the ecliptic). I just glanced at it right now and will have to look more closely later since it is late.

After glancing at some text, it is not mentioned in their either. Strange . . . or maybe I'm tired and should look at it in the morning. :smile:

JUPITERASC

SOME STARS e.g. Spica, Regulus, Aldebaran, Antares

are located within the latitude of the ecliptic.

e.g. The Moon can occult Spica :smile:

wilsontc

Staff member
Deleted the attacks, to All

All,

I deleted the attacks and counterattacks, even though they contained astrology, since they violate the Forum rules about not attacking other posters and not responding to attacks. Going forward, to prevent your posts from being deleted, do NOT attack other posters with snide comments, rude remarks, etc. and stick to ASTROLOGY. If you think someone is attacking you and your posting, bring it up to the Moderator Team for review (click on the "!" mark next to the post). The Moderator Team will review the thread and make any editings they think are needed. For this thread, I will continue to delete any postings that contain attacks or non-astrological comments.

Warning,

Tim

JUPITERASC

More reply from the querent, since this has really become a thread about learning horary. Just this week we were able to get copies of board emails that had been deleted by a friend who didn’t realize how important they were. Several of them go to defamation, and one in particular from the (at the time, as she has along with 4 long standing and two newly elected board members resigned in all of this) board treasurer and corporate accountant clearly show that the board knew that we owned the assets in question.

Well, we knew the ASC was Via Combust. So expecting the unexpected? The idea is that everything is in the chart, right? But, who the heck has the time to look at every seemingly extraneous thing. I think the point wouldn’t be that we weren’t expecting it, but that the chart does show it.

Just to reiterate, because repetition is the key to learning, we weren’t thrilled with the judge due in large part to that freaky reception between Mars and Moon, with Mars being in Moon’s exaltation while being in detriment, and Moon being in Mars domicile while being in fall.

I don’t know if it will be what finally forces a settlement or not, but I’m not displeased that the judge was removed.

The chart tells the whole story.

tsmall I find the Via Combusta particularly interesting and when Bobzemco clarified '....the issue here is that under Horary rules/doctrine a Via Combusta Ascendant -- between 15° Libra and 15° Scorpio indicates sudden unexpected events and that in Traditional Horary a Via Combusta Ascendant can 'be a wild ride' - which indicates that when we follow the rules/doctrines of Horary and note when the Ascendant is Via Combusta - then unexpected events would happen. However, BobZemco did highlight that it is true that the Ascendant is conjunct Spica at 25° Libra, and that offers sanctuary to the Querent, but not the Matter itself.....'

'...The issue here is not the fact of unexpected events -- since the Ascendant is Via Combusta -- rather it is the exact nature of the unexpected event. The rules of Traditional Astrology provide a clear astrological explanation for the event, namely the fact that Moon culminated with two Malefic Fixed Stars (South Scales and Toliman), and Zael demonstrates timing and I correctly stated the reasons for the judge's resignation....'

'....Music is also as old as Astrology, and Music has rules just like Astrology, and the rules are old, and there has been nothing new....scales are still 7 notes. The whole purpose of rules and doctrines is to facilitate teaching, so that people learn rapidly. Equally important is the fact that rules/doctrines provide consistency in delineations. The goal is precision and accuracy, and that requires consistency. We can't tell students that applying aspects indicate Future Events, while separating aspects show Past Events, and then simultaneously tell them separating and applying aspects mean whatever is convenient. The fact that Significators are in aversion to each other, or to the House(s) they rule has its own meaning, which is accurate 100% of the time.....'

I found the information useful and illuminating - since clearly it highlights that the chart does tell the whole story - even if we haven't always got the time to 'check every extraneous thing' many thanks for highlighting that :smile:

Cypocryphy

I was thinking about the ascendant being in the Via Combusta here, and I am of the opinion that it should not be used against the tropical zodiac because we are dealing with fixed stars. The Via Combusta corresponded to the path of the Sun containing the constellation Scorpio and malefic fixed stars having the nature of the malefic planets (Mars and Saturn). With the ascendant at 25º 25' in Libra, it no longer falls within this region.

I calculated the coordinates of the Via Combusta based on the ancient degrees of 15º Scorpio and 15º Libra, and it has moved, due to the precession of the equinoxes, to 21º Libra through 21º Virgo.

Because this was based on fixed stars, and since we account for all other fixed stars as being affected by precession, the Via Combusta must be likewise considered to have been affected.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
---Quote (Originally by tsmall)---
The Moon did what? :andy:

The only thing I know of culminating is planets approaching the MC, which clearly Moon isn't.

Moon rose...so that's when Moon reached the ASC? And this is the diurnal motion and not the zodiacal motion of the Moon? Moon culminated, that would be when Moon did reach the MC? And we are still talking about the angles of the chart?
---End Quote---
All Planets rise, culminate and set.

Had you pulled up a chair at 4:30 AM on the day you cast this chart, and looked eastward at the point where the Equator meets the Horizon, you have seen Mars rise 23 minutes later at 4:53 AM...followed by

Sun at 5:19 AM
Mercury at 5:59 AM
Venus at 6:09 AM
and Jupiter at 6:32 AM

Had you come back 11 hours later, you would have seen Saturn rise at 5:39 PM followed by Moon at 6:28 PM.

After rising, all of those Planets would reach....uh, _*a*_ midheaven, but not necessarily *_the_* Midheaven, and then they would all set on the western Horizon.

And bonus dumb question of the night...147*51' rising, and 221*56' culminating...where are we counting from?
---End Quote---
Zero Point Aries.

I think I get this. Toliman is where it is and remains at least apparently fixed in position while other stars/constellations move across the sky? Pole stars are navigational stars for a reason.
---End Quote---
Correct. Note that for charts cast at locations in the Southern Hemisphere, Toliman would be a non-event, since he is a North Polar Star....you would be concerned about South Polar Stars for those in the Southern Hemisphere.

Yup. I'm the _very_ last person to wish to say something of someone else that has not been proven, or made public (not that I expect too many people involved are paying attention to the goings on at AW.) So all I shall say is that from what I was told...yup.

I did try to find news that wasn't gossip or hearsay, and all I found was a newspaper article saying that my trial judge was retiring 3 years before he needed too, effective September 6th. Oh, and September 6th would be the date set for pretrial motions....
---End Quote---
You might be familiar with phrases like "Planets being firm in the Signs" or "Planets walking into the Signs."

A Planet that is "firm" in a Sign is strong, and that is not in the early degrees of the Sign.

When I see the significator for the judge at 15° in a Fixed Sign (like Scorpio) I don't really pay much more attention.

It's very rare for a judge to be removed or recused from a case, but it can happen and you'll often see that when the Superiors are in the first 5 degrees or so, and then they turn Retrograde and back out into the prior Sign (because of Mercury's speed, it can be sitting at 12°to 15° and back out when Retrograde).

Take the signification from the Signs by House, meaning if the significator of the judge is in the 10th and goes Rx into the 9th, that's the judge's 12th Sign/House meaning an illness has forced the judge to recuse or retire. 6th and 8th injury or surgery, 6th Rx into the 5th is usually investments (that would be common for civil suits involving businesses where the judge might own a large amount of stock in one of the companies), 5th into 4th is usually some involvement with judge's parents who may have something to do with one of the parties involved, 4th into the 3rd, other relatives and so on.

There are other possible indicators as well.....Rx significator applying to judge's. That would be something like where the judge owns 50 shares of stock (out of 1.7 Million shares outstanding) and one of the parties files a motion to compel the judge to recuse him/herself.

You remember that I suck at math, right? But...122*09'
---End Quote---
Those are Absolute Degrees as opposed to Celestial Degrees.

For simple math, take 122°09' and dump the minutes to get 122° then divide by 3 and round up to the next integer (whole number) if there is a remainder.....12 divided by 3 is 4 and then round to 5 instead of wasting time dividing into the remainder and 5th Sign [of the Zodiac] is Leo.

Or just take the 4 after dividing by 3 and multiply by 30 to get 120 and then take the difference 122° - 120° is 2° Leo [09'].

You can represent the Solar System in two dimensional coordinates X, Y due to the fact that more or less, the Planets are all in the Plane of the Ecliptic.

Can't really do that for Fixed Stars. You'd need three dimensional coordinates X, Y, Z.

It's easier just to use Terrestrial Latitude. There are about 18 or so Fixed Stars that are more or less in the Plane of the Ecliptic.

North Polar Region

Capella.....22° North Latitude
Algol
Menkalinan
Denebola
Castor
North Scales
Pollux
Regulus.........._]...here be 0° Latitude
South Scales..._]...at the Equator
Spica
Antares
Aldebaran
Procyon
Betelgeuse
Bellatrix
Rukbat
Fomalhaut
Alphard.....22° South Latitude

South Polar Region

Those Stars.....if they are conjunct (60' of arc) a Planet or the Ascendant, Midheaven or Descendant they are highly influential. If someone has Aldebaran conjunct their Descendant, they'll die...suddenly (and usually spectacularly....and that doesn't even count the fact that if Aldebaran is conjunct the Descendant, then Antares is conjunct the Ascendant since they oppose each other at 9° Gemini and 9° Sagittarius).

For all other Stars, I only care if they are rising, culminating or setting with a Planet/Point....otherwise I ignore them (I also look at the Ecliptical Stars when they rise, culminate or set).