Mercury & Communication

AstroKidd

Okay, this thread is going to be full of questions that I have regarding Mercury & communication... Sorry if this is too much :pouty:, but I always like learning new things and also investigating things. :rightful:

So I've been wondering:

1. Having a Mercury in what sign(s)/house(s) causes you to text people back SLOWLY?

2. Having a Mercury in what sign(s)/house(s) causes you to text people back FAST?

3. If I'm communicating with a person who :square: SQUARES my Mercury does that mean he/she won't understand what I'm talking about?

4. If I'm communicating with a person who :trine: TRINES my Mercury will we always keep in touch?

5. Why do conversations flow so well when I speak to people who have Mercurys that are :sextile: SEXTILE to mines?

6. Do you tend to gossip with people who have bad aspects to your Mercury or good aspects to your Mercury?

That's all for now.... :whistling:

Frank

Answers to 1-6:

It all depends on what is going on in the rest of the chart(s). You can't remove just one factor from each person's chart in stasis and come up with a cogent explication.

M

may28gemini

I am really fast about communication...but I'm a Gemini Mercury conjunct MC. The flip side is, if I don't wanna communicate with anyone, I simply shut off and really don't care. Good thing people often forgive that quirk since I'm usually really quick and reliable about getting back to people.

AstroKidd

I am really fast about communication...but I'm a Gemini Mercury conjunct MC. The flip side is, if I don't wanna communicate with anyone, I simply shut off and really don't care. Good thing people often forgive that quirk since I'm usually really quick and reliable about getting back to people.

Hm.. I never knew MC plays a big role in astrology, I thought it just dealt with your ideal career and that's it. I'm a Libra Mercury with a MC Scorpio.

JUPITERASC

Hm.. I never knew MC plays a big role in astrology, I thought it just dealt with your ideal career and that's it. I'm a Libra Mercury with a MC Scorpio.

Frank has highlighted the important factor - i.e that it all depends what's going on with the rest of the chart

Astrology doesn't function when only isolated factors are considered - that's because astrology is not only analysis, but also synthesis
:smile:

byjove

Account Closed
Okay, this thread is going to be full of questions that I have regarding Mercury & communication... Sorry if this is too much :pouty:, but I always like learning new things and also investigating things. :rightful:

So I've been wondering:

1. Having a Mercury in what sign(s)/house(s) causes you to text people back SLOWLY?

2. Having a Mercury in what sign(s)/house(s) causes you to text people back FAST?

3. If I'm communicating with a person who :square: SQUARES my Mercury does that mean he/she won't understand what I'm talking about?

4. If I'm communicating with a person who :trine: TRINES my Mercury will we always keep in touch?

5. Why do conversations flow so well when I speak to people who have Mercurys that are :sextile: SEXTILE to mines?

6. Do you tend to gossip with people who have bad aspects to your Mercury or good aspects to your Mercury?

That's all for now.... :whistling:

1. + 2. I think it's too general to say. I could poke at ideas but I still think it's far too general to connect placements with that tendency.

3. Nope, not at all. Consider Mercury square Saturn. The person may be hesitant with communication so they labour over their words before they talk. The talk could be slow but they would have no trouble understanding you. Even a few squares to Mercury wouldn't necessarily that they couldn't understand you.

4. Personally, I think not. Most of what I've read on this focusses on Sun/Moon connections and for now, I do the same. I read that your closest friends often have a Sun in either the same sign as your Sun, Moon or ascendant. That at least is accurate in my life. A Mercury trine from one chart to another wouldn't necessarily do a lot I think.

5. I'd say it's more than sextiles.

6. This one is more plausable than the others I think. You would still need to see a combination of things for that to happen. The 3rd house is most strongly connected with 'gossip'. Afflicted planets there could start to create that scenario.

M

may28gemini

As usual, JupiterASC is correct and there aren't exactly isolating factors that create characteristics... it's the whole picture, etc. etc.

I will take some time to answer your quasi-question: yes MC plays a HUGE role in natal astrology as it's one of the 4 cusps (AC-DC, MC-IC). The MC is the "highest" point in the chart and whatever planets aspect that cusp will get "exposed" to the external world. Depending on what sign the planets are in will color how the planet expresses itself. For example: if someone has Sun conjunct MC, the person is basically "what you see is what you get." But say they have Scorpio Sun on the MC, they will exemplify their Scorpioness to the world in a more direct manner. In the particular case of me having Mercury conjunct MC, particularly because I have an essential dignity, I come off as a social butterfly and buzz around with random knowledge like a Gemini Mercury is apt to do.